The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shield of Senchal Motif - Is There A Cooldown On Drops?

themaddaedra
themaddaedra
✭✭✭✭✭
It looks like there is a cooldown on these pages. I did 24 dailies, got only one page. Someone told me they did 32 and got one page too. Multiple people i know did 12+ dailies and they all got only one page.

So i would like to know if this is us being on the bottom line of luck or is there a cooldown on those drops again? A so-called unintended one.

Edit to make title more clear.
Edited by themaddaedra on March 19, 2020 1:57AM
PC|EU
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 Dailies / 1 page
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One page, on the 10th of the 11 dailies I've done so far.
    PC EU
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you're complaining about, ZOS were even so kind as to put it in the clown store for convenience. /s
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course it will be super rare. Crown store sales come first It's sad it has to be this way
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a cooldown, is it account wide or character? Can you swap toons in order to get another page daily?
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a cooldown, is it account wide or character? Can you swap toons in order to get another page daily?

Would be account wide, as everyone i asked already did on multiple characters.
    PC|EU
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we have an answer @ZOS_GinaBruno if there is an intended cooldown or not?
    PC|EU
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If literally everyone has only received one motif page then it could be a cooldown or it could just be locked to one motif page ever currently. It would be nice to get a word from ZOS on how it is supposed to behave.
  • Jenzi
    Jenzi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did it on two characters today and got one motif.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    28 dailies (most of them done before, handed in today) 1 motif with the first char that I handed in, rest nothing.
    Edited by Sturmfaenger on March 18, 2020 9:13PM
    PC/EU
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    26 dailies on my main account. Only got 1 motif on the first set of the day.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet another bug
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There was something like this with one of the dungeon motifs, no?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

There definitely was. I can't remember which dungeon it was though, but I think it was during its event which made it even worse.

At this point, I just kind of assume that it's 1 per day which is unfortunate, but OTOH it saves me from even contemplating farming dailies and hoping for multiple drops.
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm it's a sever lock, not account lock. I got a motif page both on EU and NA.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

There was, and it was confirmed to be a bug. Of course they didn’t fix said bug until after the event that gave double drops...
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭
    I got 2 pages today on 2 different accounts - both NA server.
    PS5/NA: brandyvicious-
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭
    Also - my husband got the same on 2 different accounts on NA as well. So total of 4 pages from 4 different accounts.
    PS5/NA: brandyvicious-
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    16 quests across 3 characters, 1 motif.
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there is a limit of one per day, that's just dumb. There is no good reason for it.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a limit of one per day, that's just dumb. There is no good reason for it.

Good for whom? ZOS certainly have an incentive to limit your ability to earn these motifs when they're selling the whole thing for cash.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so irritated by this 😟 I have 18 characters I've done dailies on and only got the one motif to drop
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

Good for whom? ZOS certainly have an incentive to limit your ability to earn these motifs when they're selling the whole thing for cash.

And that's a good reason? Don't make me laugh.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must have done 10+ dailies and only gotten 1 page. If everyone is getting results like this then I bet there is a daily cool down or something.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its obviously a cooldown in order to keep you playing and participating longer.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

That only works if enough players know there is a cooldown. Even with this thread and people spreading the info, MANY players will do multiple dailies hoping for a chance at a second motif never knowing that they have zero chance of that happening.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

And that's a good reason? Don't make me laugh.

Do you even jokingly entertain the notion that I support this? Read my post. Then read my previous post. I'm sarcastically calling them out for yet another shady, self-serving, cash-grabby measure.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That only works if enough players know there is a cooldown. Even with this thread and people spreading the info, MANY players will do multiple dailies hoping for a chance at a second motif never knowing that they have zero chance of that happening.

...the dailies give you other stuff?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...the dailies give you other stuff?

Here’s another insightful for you ...
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    I got 2 pages today on 2 different accounts - both NA server.

I wonder if the first page is a high chance and the second one is extremely low?