The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can you PLEASE make the game playable? Cyrodiil etc

Brovah
Brovah
✭✭✭
This whole week since ZoS is trying to improve performance there are crashes, buggs, glitches etc etc..
I try to play the game as I always do, but since the patch its impossible..
Can we ask ZOS to actually improve the freaking game and not do these lame story things? I Assume ZoS thinks that they need to keep the players interested by making new story.. Maybe the playerbase just wants to be able to play?
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the PvP guild (PCEU) which I'm a member of, pretty much everyone has completely given up on attempting any form of PvP since the last game update.

Many of that guild's members are hardcore PvPers who have been playing since beta, or started not long after.
    These same hardcore players are now cancelling their ESO+ left and right - well, those that haven't cancelled it some time ago already, due to the steadily deteriorating performance.
    At the same time, many are leaving - or have already left - for other games, including GW2.

This "performance" patch sure did exceed all of our expectations... and certainly not in a positive way, not in the slightest. In fact, performance is at an all-time low - even worse than before.

If this trend continues for much longer, ESO PvP as a whole will die faster than a casual PvEer getting ganked in the Imperial City.
    And not even because of players not wanting to play anymore - instead, they simply will not be able to play, not without crashing every 30 seconds.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there's a fix going live monday, for the current Cyrodiil problem, as far as I understood.

While I hear that you pvp guys have a solid case for a free ESO+ week, stopping forever doing something you like because of a bad week is a bit extreme.

Hang in there, it'll work all right in 2 days.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are so focused on increasing daily logins, increasing new purchases, cash shop purchases, they completely ignore the financial benefit from player retention through a playable game.

It's all about the glitzy new thing, never about improving the underlying game.

Edited by Taylor_MB on February 29, 2020 1:25PM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    \
    preevious wrote: »
    Well, there's a fix going live monday, for the current Cyrodiil problem, as far as I understood.

While I hear that you pvp guys have a solid case for a free ESO+ week, stopping forever doing something you like because of a bad week is a bit extreme.

It is not "just a bad week".
    Our guildies have been having problems with random crashes and disconnects since well before the "performance patch", with some members being affected significantly more than others.

There is a point where the fun just stops being fun anymore, when you are wasting more time trying to log back into the game than you spend actually playing it (minus playing the horse simulator to catch up with your group).

The current totally broken state of the game is just the final straw, the final nail in the coffin - after we have been dealing with the increasingly garbage performance for years now (or, as in my case, for months).
    We are just fed up with dealing with this BS, and simply can't be bothered anymore.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is horrible now. It was bad before the patch but now it's unplayable. The Stamina drain/no regen is in my opinion the worst. Several in my guild just logged off and said they will be back when it is fixed.

True to their word they have been offline for 4 days now. Come on ZOS. These bugs are ridiculous.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It isnt extreme. ZoS marketed this patch as a performance increase, and it has been a major fail all around.

Crashing in PvE from blocking in dungeons - Check
    Crashing every five minutes in cyro for no reason - check
    Incapable of targeting other enemies - check
    Unable to get through doors for minutes at a time in cyro - check
    INSANE lags and delays on abilities - check
    MASSIVE resource spikes for your CPU and GPU - check
    Broken abilities such as stealth and merciless resolve - check
    SWATHS of land missing textures and meshes - check
    Resource regen bugs for magicka and stam - check

These are not minor problems, these are game breaking issues that should have never happened, and they even happen when there is hardly anyone around, so it has nothing to do with how many were or were not in the pts. ZoS is a multi billion dollar company, there is no excuse for a major patch like this to go live with so many issues. 0.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s deeply ironic that the second part of the highly anticipated performance fixes has resulted in such a miserable experience for many.

Let’s hope that ZOS’s update patch next week sorts the major new issues out. I found the previous update very similar, the first week was a massive drop in performance all round, but it did pick up after that. It does seem as if the ZOS pre-release testing process is deeply flawed and some very poor material is getting all the way through to release.

I know my guild has basically abandoned PvP in Cyrodiil because it’s just a constant crash fest. That’s a whole lot of players who may never bother going back to PvP.

However, I’ve found the new dungeons to be excellent content. They’re imaginative, very robust and don’t have the usual bugs, one-shots and random catastrophic gameplay hardwired into them. Way the best dungeon content ZOS have produced in years.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn’t be so blasé about it. PVPers have been waiting for a fix on console for three months and counting. No free ESO+ and hardly any dev/mod acknowledgement. It’s very apparent that this company does not give a flying eff about its PVP community (especially on console).
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Performance has been trash for a long time now I can't even play longer than 20 minutes..so yes I went back to ff14, if I can't pvp then I'll play the game in which I enjoy the pve

ESO's pvp gives them a huge advantage, it's a shame they never took advantage of it
  • Conarch
    Conarch
    Soul Shriven
    The game is now in terrible condition. The trend suggests that it will not be better. I do not believe Zenimax and unfortunately forced to leave this game and find an alternative. In games, they relax and do not *** their heads and spoil the nervous system.
  • Conarch
    Conarch
    Soul Shriven
    sorry for mu bad English B)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't experienced the "omg I quit pvp" moment. I have crashed 4 times since the update ( 2 times TPing to a keep and a two times on my mount ).

I know it is too early to tell, but I do see an improvement in performance. For example, snipe fires off repeatedly really fast and when I run 4 sieges It seems like the performance on sieges is faster.

I never group so I can't complain about BGs and not grouping with friends.

The addon's need fixed or discontinued. There is one Library ( LibAddonMenu-2.0) that is causing an issue with the only addon i'm using at the moment

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet in the stream today they are going to say how successful the performance patch was and there are 14 million players. I hope people there laugh at them
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    for me is terrible. Multithreading went ago and now I have one core working 100% and 15 near sleeping. And Crash after Crash, Cyro is unplayable
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You say "bad week" like this is new. It's not new, it's just more extreme. We already had crashes and bugs and terrible performance and having to restart every hour to clear memory leaks. But you could make a case it was playable. This week, you can't.

I think for many long term players, ESO PVP is a habit. For some, a week is going to be long enough to break that habit.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brovah wrote: »
    This whole week since ZoS is trying to improve performance there are crashes, buggs, glitches etc etc..
    I try to play the game as I always do, but since the patch its impossible..
    Can we ask ZOS to actually improve the freaking game and not do these lame story things? I Assume ZoS thinks that they need to keep the players interested by making new story.. Maybe the playerbase just wants to be able to play?

No, they can't. If they could, eso on PlayStation 4 wouldn't be so unplayable. Three months of crashes or lagging and every "fix" introduced more problems.

I don't think they can fix anything at this point.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • angrydrew
    angrydrew
    ✭✭✭
    I fail to see why it has took eso 1 week to think about fixing a problem that numerous people who pay for the game have obvious issues with and to let them wait 1 week just shows how much players are valued.Whether it is Add--ons or threading is NOT the paying customers fault yet time and again that is all you hear and for anybody to say hang tight seriously that is a joke.Much like eso's so called mega server that they seem to think is infinite ,which they seem be be in denial that it has ever run smoothly.My main issue with them is the way they disregard us ,the people who bought this game and keep telling us it is all in our imagination and the game is perfect...BUT HANG IN THERE IT MAY WORK ON MONDAY..
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angrydrew wrote: »
    I fail to see why it has took eso 1 week to think about fixing a problem that numerous people who pay for the game have obvious issues with and to let them wait 1 week just shows how much players are valued.Whether it is Add--ons or threading is NOT the paying customers fault yet time and again that is all you hear and for anybody to say hang tight seriously that is a joke.Much like eso's so called mega server that they seem to think is infinite ,which they seem be be in denial that it has ever run smoothly.My main issue with them is the way they disregard us ,the people who bought this game and keep telling us it is all in our imagination and the game is perfect...BUT HANG IN THERE IT MAY WORK ON MONDAY..

You think waiting a week is bad, @angrydrew ? Try three months. That’s how long Cyrodiil has been broken on PS4. They either don’t care, don’t know how to fix the problem, or some combination of the two.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had one year recurring sub. Cancelled it. I'm waiting and seeing if they fix anything. Only have 3 toons all pvpers all totally disgusted with the 'powers that be'.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FIX should have been released TODAY..shocking service here, really...shocking.

*wraps head around their business model*
  • mgk
    mgk
    ✭✭
    can you just make the game playable for a 2014 game ?
    cp 2000+
    46k point de succes
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to chime in, on ps4 cyrodiil is absolutely unplayable and thats before the patch. Need to sort it out asap.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ESOVirus has officially hit Florida. I am having a very hard time staying online. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to chime in, on ps4 cyrodiil is absolutely unplayable and thats before the patch. Need to sort it out asap.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts were removed due to violating our rules around inappropriate content. Please take a moment to review our community rules to understand what is expected when posting on the forums.
    Staff Post
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not even bgs are safe anymore. Crashed 2 times in a row after finishing a bg.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Not even bgs are safe anymore. Crashed 2 times in a row after finishing a bg.
    IC is not safe, either. I was in there for a few miinutes, and then crashed (CTD, not merely disconnected) about 30 seconds after entering another IC district.

This is the first time I ever crashed in IC - and I've been there during IC events, when it was a massive poplocked zergfest with full 24 man groups running amok.

At the time I crashed, there were no enemy players around as far as I could tell, and only 1 fellow EP player fighting some trash nearby. 1 bar pop across the board.
  • Brovah
    Brovah
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Some posts were removed due to violating our rules around inappropriate content. Please take a moment to review our community rules to understand what is expected when posting on the forums.

And this is something they are worried about.. not players leaving their game and laughing at their way of dealing with in game problems. Makes you wonder..
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/Lv6X8x1tU1k

Ps4 NA mag and skill today. Btw we been having game crashes since NOVEMBER. Bluescreens were (semi) patched in beginning of February and we’ve have this lag and skill delay for weeks^ no update or information

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_JessicaFolsom