Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerf jabs

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    fun fact #1: jabs does roughly equal damage to blastbones and warden's shalks, and 20% more damage than dizzying swing.

fun fact #2: jabs with a burning light proc does 35% more damage than blastbones and shalks and 70% more damage than dizzying swing.

fun fact #3: each full channel of jabs has about a 70% chance to proc burning light.

fun fact #4: even against major evasion, a full channel of jabs and a burning light proc will do 15% more damage than blastbones and shalks.

fun fact #5: even against major evasion, a full channel of jabs will do 95% as much damage as dizzying swing.

fun fact #6: even against major evasion, a channel of jabs with only three ticks and a burning light proc will do 40% more damage than dizzying swing.

fun fact #7: even against major evasion, a channel of jabs with only two ticks and a burning light proc will still do 10% more damage than dizzying swing.

fun fact #8: one channel of jabs and a burning light proc has the highest damage ceiling of any non conditional/non damage over time ability besides take flight, which only does 1% more damage than jabs + burning light. no, i'm not kidding. you can do as much damage as a DK's biggest damaging ult, the ability with the highest direct damage tooltip in the game, with one channel of templar's spammable and it's proc that shows up ~70% of the time. this includes executes like killer's blade, which still don't rival jabs and a burning light proc on a target under 25%. hit a button, use a 1s channel, do as much damage as a 110 cost ult. that makes sense.

jabs is already hilariously overtuned compared to every other spammable in the game, and it gets completely ridiculous when you factor in burning light procs.

so yeah nerf jabs. i know, i know. every templar has already posted or is about to post how terrible jabs is, how unreliable it is, how it's literally impossible to use (despite all of them using it), or whatever else. it doesn't matter. it doesn't matter at all because it's ceiling is too high, so when it works like it's supposed to, it's way, way too good, and completely throws balance out of the window. major evasion should not be a requirement in pvp because one class has a spammable that has a ceiling higher than almost every ult in the entire game.

Fun fact#1: Youre just cherry-picking whatever fits your bias

1) Neither Shalks nor Blastbones slow down the caster, they deal damage instantly so its easier to burst people down with them and they have 15/28 meter range as opposed to Jab's 7 meters

2) Dizzy is also a better option for burst, procs weapon enchantments and off balance, you can follow up with a medium attack (or second dizzy) to stun your enemy for a good burst combo without having to spend an extra GCD.

3) Take Flight has a 28 meter range, snares the target by 60% for 1 second, knocks back and stuns everyone in the area and restores about 5k mag/stam/hp on use. It's instant damage and stun allows for a good combo to burst people down

Its not a good idea to even compare individual skills while ignoring class design as a whole and you compared skill damage only.

yeah dizzy is definitely better, which is why all stamplars use dizzy instead of jabs

Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a stamblade how I normally deal with templars is I will move around the templar while I’m fighting always keeping up my shade if templar gets a good burst on me I will roll into the templar avoiding as much damage as possible then shade heal get back into the fight.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Levianna wrote: »
    Tell us your class/build and we'll tell you how to counter it. Dont go straight to ''just nerf it'' phase. Its not good for you in the long run as it prevents you from learning the intricate parts of the combat

Magicka DK.
    Shoot.

Keep them snared at all times with the Warmth passive. You can go for a more gradual kill with Standard's major defile instead of Leap. Talons every 2 seconds and Fosilize would help you drain their resources and reposition yourself against Jabs at the same time.When you dodge roll always roll through them to their behind, out of Jab's range. Next monday theyre losing the snare from their passive so it'll be easier to move around them.
    Templars have powerful skills in general but they come at a disadvantage or high cost.

You can also use some out of class skills such as Race Against Time, Ice Blockade on backbar with Infused Frost enchantment to constantly damage+snare and root them

Playing mostly non cp Cyro, bcs of huge sustain need i'm using race against time and elemental drain (1.slotline) + 3 attacky from ardent flame, and 2.slotline volatile armor, healing ward, harness magicka, petrify and cauterize. What to sacrifice for talons?

You can either provide better sustain from sets and drop Elemental Drain or swap it with the Healing Ward since Talons will help you heal with Whip next patch anyway
    fun fact #1: jabs does roughly equal damage to blastbones and warden's shalks, and 20% more damage than dizzying swing.

fun fact #2: jabs with a burning light proc does 35% more damage than blastbones and shalks and 70% more damage than dizzying swing.

fun fact #3: each full channel of jabs has about a 70% chance to proc burning light.

fun fact #4: even against major evasion, a full channel of jabs and a burning light proc will do 15% more damage than blastbones and shalks.

fun fact #5: even against major evasion, a full channel of jabs will do 95% as much damage as dizzying swing.

fun fact #6: even against major evasion, a channel of jabs with only three ticks and a burning light proc will do 40% more damage than dizzying swing.

fun fact #7: even against major evasion, a channel of jabs with only two ticks and a burning light proc will still do 10% more damage than dizzying swing.

fun fact #8: one channel of jabs and a burning light proc has the highest damage ceiling of any non conditional/non damage over time ability besides take flight, which only does 1% more damage than jabs + burning light. no, i'm not kidding. you can do as much damage as a DK's biggest damaging ult, the ability with the highest direct damage tooltip in the game, with one channel of templar's spammable and it's proc that shows up ~70% of the time. this includes executes like killer's blade, which still don't rival jabs and a burning light proc on a target under 25%. hit a button, use a 1s channel, do as much damage as a 110 cost ult. that makes sense.

jabs is already hilariously overtuned compared to every other spammable in the game, and it gets completely ridiculous when you factor in burning light procs.

so yeah nerf jabs. i know, i know. every templar has already posted or is about to post how terrible jabs is, how unreliable it is, how it's literally impossible to use (despite all of them using it), or whatever else. it doesn't matter. it doesn't matter at all because it's ceiling is too high, so when it works like it's supposed to, it's way, way too good, and completely throws balance out of the window. major evasion should not be a requirement in pvp because one class has a spammable that has a ceiling higher than almost every ult in the entire game.

Fun fact#1: Youre just cherry-picking whatever fits your bias

1) Neither Shalks nor Blastbones slow down the caster, they deal damage instantly so its easier to burst people down with them and they have 15/28 meter range as opposed to Jab's 7 meters

2) Dizzy is also a better option for burst, procs weapon enchantments and off balance, you can follow up with a medium attack (or second dizzy) to stun your enemy for a good burst combo without having to spend an extra GCD.

3) Take Flight has a 28 meter range, snares the target by 60% for 1 second, knocks back and stuns everyone in the area and restores about 5k mag/stam/hp on use. It's instant damage and stun allows for a good combo to burst people down

Its not a good idea to even compare individual skills while ignoring class design as a whole and you compared skill damage only.

yeah dizzy is definitely better, which is why all stamplars use dizzy instead of jabs

I didnt say Dizzy is better in every way, read carefully. Its only better for a burst combo
    Edited by Ankael07 on February 22, 2020 6:05AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some classes/specs are weaker and i am definitely in favor of them getting a redesign but as of right now the strong classes are not OP.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS thinks that Major Evasion is must have, and all aoe non-dots are balanced according to that.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burning light is the only thing I have issue with just because free damage for using skills should be kept strictly to proc sets in which you are trading a competitive 5 piece for.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    This skill is perfectly fine imo.

Jabs total brutal OP to any other spamable. It sad but its nearly Imposible to fight in mele as non max tank build agains three button templar Jabs /Puncturing Sweep most op AOE and one target spamble, Empowering Sweep/ Crescent Sweep stongest ulti, Purifying Light/Power of the Light best delay dmg and if templar have some esence of skill he also put Toppling Charge....
    How anti-templar biased must someone be in order to think that crescent sweep is the strongest ulti in the game?

Just need to have basic math skills.. and you can calculated it..
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Countering Jabs is a L2Play issue or a L2Build issue.

Major Evasion takes the edge off Jabs and if it's still not enough (aka you are going full glass) you can just back bar a 2pc set and get 25% + 30% reduction to Jabs on demand. If you still die to Jabs at that point it's most def a L2P issue.

My StamDK does not have access to Major Protection or Major Evasion. He is in heavy armor but is most def not a useless, no damage dealing tank. About a week ago there was a tryhard Stamplar just loitering around outside a keep who I saw numerous players try to fight and get bursted out of their socks.

I went down to fight him and right away knew, yeah this guy has built for damage and knows how to play Stamplar. His Jabs did a lot of damage but I was still not really in danger of dying unless I slipped up major. He died in about 10-15 seconds.

You can counter Jabs, it's L2P or L2B. Or both. But no way Jabs can be nerfed unless BRP DW and Major Evasion are deleted from the game.

U need to L2P and Learn to understand what does it mean balanced game this jabs is total unbalanced PO to any other spamable ability...https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504723/buff-dizzy-flurry-stamina-spammables-comparison-table/p1
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jabs total brutal OP to any other spamable. It sad but its nearly Imposible to fight in mele as non max tank build agains three button templar Jabs /Puncturing Sweep most op AOE and one target spamble, Empowering Sweep/ Crescent Sweep stongest ulti, Purifying Light/Power of the Light best delay dmg and if templar have some esence of skill he also put Toppling Charge....
    How anti-templar biased must someone be in order to think that crescent sweep is the strongest ulti in the game?

Not including the passives which add a whole other layer to things.

6 seconds of minor protection and burning light.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just because Sweeps does better damage in accordance to cost doesnt mean its better in every situation. Sometimes you need to build up your ulti for higher burst damage to bring people down who would otherwise block-heal your combo.

PVE is more about damage per second. PVP is more about doing the most damage in the smallest time frame
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't realize we were discussing PVE here.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tl:dr
    Burning Light is the "problem", not jabs.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just nerf it. Or some pre-casted ability what cause them to kill damage dealers in 5 second.
    Only healing or tanky characters can survive these and it's far from fair.
    Thank you very much.

one of the more articulate and constructive nerf calls this week, nice to see a full and coherent explanation as to why the skill is over powered and an intelligently constructed suggestion of how to improve the skill for the better without hurting those that use it.

i look forward to further posts :)
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you nightblades just rolled and cloaked
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just nerf it. Or some pre-casted ability what cause them to kill damage dealers in 5 second.
    Only healing or tanky characters can survive these and it's far from fair.
    Thank you very much.

No
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I donno the Necro ultimate has been hitting me for 21k never seen a temp ultimate do that I just think your mad coz you believe you are good but a templar keeps slaying you
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Major Evasion takes the edge off Jabs and if it's still not enough (aka you are going full glass) you can just back bar a 2pc set and get 25% + 30% reduction to Jabs on demand. If you still die to Jabs at that point it's most def a L2P issue.

My StamDK does not have access to Major Protection or Major Evasion. He is in heavy armor but is most def not a useless, no damage dealing tank. About a week ago there was a tryhard Stamplar just loitering around outside a keep who I saw numerous players try to fight and get bursted out of their socks.

I went down to fight him and right away knew, yeah this guy has built for damage and knows how to play Stamplar. His Jabs did a lot of damage but I was still not really in danger of dying unless I slipped up major. He died in about 10-15 seconds.

You can counter Jabs, it's L2P or L2B. Or both. But no way Jabs can be nerfed unless BRP DW and Major Evasion are deleted from the game.

U need to L2P and Learn to understand what does it mean balanced game this jabs is total unbalanced PO to any other spamable ability...https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504723/buff-dizzy-flurry-stamina-spammables-comparison-table/p1

It's only "unbalanced" when you cherry pick data to support your own biases. That table deliberately left out light attack weaving because the author knew including it would have disproved their own hypothesis. And this does not even consider things such as major evasion and the ability to walk out of the channeled area of effect which do not effect all the other spammables in the game.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »
    you know its a melee attack. are you just standing there getting jabbed to death?

This. Just step to the side. When attacking someone the best place to be is behind them.

Funny, just two days ago some guy was complaining about how weak jabs are.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    xshatox wrote: »
    you know its a melee attack. are you just standing there getting jabbed to death?

This. Just step to the side. When attacking someone the best place to be is behind them.

Funny, just two days ago some guy was complaining about how weak jabs are.
    Jabs is not weak but it’s easily avoided to I think the problem here for a lot of players is server lag sometimes I can avoid jabs easily other times I die as they start jabbing leaving me with wtf just hit me 😂😂😂
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs is a great spammable, but talking about spammable on PVP with so much emphasis is weird to me. If you fight a decent player, you have to keep your buffs up, heals up and set up burst combos. I know people talk about POTL, so you have 6 seconds to apply damage, 5 moves if you are perfectly timing. If you stun after you art it, that's a damage loss. If you stun before you set it, you will see a break free and a roll dodge through you so thats 1 global lost. So down to 4 in perfect conditions. 1 for ultimate, so down to 3. So you could maybe use it 3 times that potato eats it. Never works that way. Seems more likely 2 times and good players are doing the same thing flying through you.

I never can really spam anything and be effective outside of if theres a NB, I'll spam that *** cause so many just crouch and cloak while also building low crit resist and armor, but that's not decent play.

In zerg vs zerg you can get away with it, if you have others sending the heals flying around.

Guess what I am saying is we have people focused on numbers and ignoring the real impact as the game stands. We are down to a burst combo only meta, and pressure is lacking, but one spammable has pretty numbers on paper so let's nerf it. Then we can have even templars just run dizzy, medium attack, ulti combos as well.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where I stand on jabs:

If you don't have major evasion, it melts you. Mine on my stamplasr has a 22k tooltip without burning light.

With major evasion its bareable. Still very high dmg and burning light isn't affected but is in acceptable range.

Solution?

Reduces jabs dmg by 10%

Change all major evasion via shuffle/ deadly cloak from 25% to 15%. Less dmg to non evasion users, same dmg to evasion users.

Also nerf blackrose DW already, such a stupid clutch set.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sheesh! Haven't we seen enough nerfs over the last year? This "nerf <whatever> because it kills me" nonsense is beyond ridiculous. Get a grip already. :/
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

I donno the Necro ultimate has been hitting me for 21k never seen a temp ultimate do that I just think your mad coz you believe you are good but a templar keeps slaying you

Dont stand in a nec ult for 3s then.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭

It's only "unbalanced" when you cherry pick data to support your own biases. That table deliberately left out light attack weaving because the author knew including it would have disproved their own hypothesis. And this does not even consider things such as major evasion and the ability to walk out of the channeled area of effect which do not effect all the other spammables in the game.

The data is 100% accurate u can also light wave on jabs. Despite this 100% accurate wave have same dmg as one button instant hitting jabs. Evasion is not accesible by half of classes. The data clearly show average jabs dmg is far better then other classses simply need to be balanced.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

Colossus cost 225 ultimate so u need compare 3x sweep instant area to something which is static are which can be easily dodge rolled. I am personally not problem with templar but their are unbalanced due to math not feeling abs need to be balanced to other classes.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any good player can LA weave jabs 90-95% as fast as an instant ability. Not being able to weave effectively is a l2p issue. If you're suggesting that one extra light attack every 9-10 seconds balances out jabs having the potential to do 70% more damage than Dizzy, you couldn't be more wrong.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I don't think or want jabs nerfed, it's very clearly the best spammable in the game by a longshot. And with next patch nerfing dizzying, theres no spammable in the game which is even remotely close to the strength of jabs. It's pretty likely that on the next pts that jabs will be nerfed unless something changes in other spammables (which is pretty unlikely considering they just nerfed them).
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    While I don't think or want jabs nerfed, it's very clearly the best spammable in the game by a longshot. And with next patch nerfing dizzying, theres no spammable in the game which is even remotely close to the strength of jabs. It's pretty likely that on the next pts that jabs will be nerfed unless something changes in other spammables (which is pretty unlikely considering they just nerfed them).

The main problem ist jabs it self but give strongest spamable to classs which have best team support best heal best clean, super strong extremly cheap instant ulti.. and require zero skill to use this Power of the Light Toppling Charge or critical rush jabs LA sweep. When avarage Templar have better burst potencital then most of gang build NB something go wrong..
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The main problem ist jabs it self but give strongest spamable to classs which have best team support best heal best clean, super strong extremly cheap instant ulti.. and require zero skill to use this Power of the Light Toppling Charge or critical rush jabs LA sweep. When avarage Templar have better burst potencital then most of gang build NB something go wrong..

What is the best team support?

Wondering as you say they have the best heal, but in a team environment, matriarch does better as it hits more targets with full strength heals. And radiant regen cross healing is more the thing now.

You say best cleanse, and maybe for self but again in a group, purge is better because it requires no synergy so theres no cooldown and it even removes CCs from your allies which cant happen if they have to hit a synergy. Also, necros is pretty good to goven how cheap it is.

I'll give you the cheap instant ulti, but none of the others should have had them to begin with. They made them so short as to seem they only wanted to make them unable to animation cancel but lag makes them just not work half the time.

And you do know POTL/PL doesnt have the damage already when its put on you, right? And it only releases 20% of damage done while it's up? You should try it and see how easy it is to layer the damage on a competent target while they have a big beam on top of their head. Good luck if they have a purge. Then tell me who has 0 skill in order for it to do those big numbers.

There goes the NB drop again. I dont doubt NBs are down but the number that got the carry for so long have turned into whiners. Templars have no bigger burst than other classes and do not stick ot much in the big picture. They have the best spammable which proves to be unmanageable to bad NBs who just want to roll and cloak and win, but they dont have a 50% range damage reduction ability, no AOE root, no unblockable, undodgeable stun, no mobility tool, no disappearing ability, no teleport, no percent damage mitigation that stacks on top of resolve, no major mending. They just have the spammable and some myth that it's still 3 years ago and they have exclusive access to heals and cleanse.

• Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭

technohic wrote: »

What is the best team support?

Wondering as you say they have the best heal, but in a team environment, matriarch does better as it hits more targets with full strength heals. And radiant regen cross healing is more the thing now.

You say best cleanse, and maybe for self but again in a group, purge is better because it requires no synergy so theres no cooldown and it even removes CCs from your allies which cant happen if they have to hit a synergy. Also, necros is pretty good to goven how cheap it is.

I'll give you the cheap instant ulti, but none of the others should have had them to begin with. They made them so short as to seem they only wanted to make them unable to animation cancel but lag makes them just not work half the time.

And you do know POTL/PL doesnt have the damage already when its put on you, right? And it only releases 20% of damage done while it's up? You should try it and see how easy it is to layer the damage on a competent target while they have a big beam on top of their head. Good luck if they have a purge. Then tell me who has 0 skill in order for it to do those big numbers.

There goes the NB drop again. I dont doubt NBs are down but the number that got the carry for so long have turned into whiners. Templars have no bigger burst than other classes and do not stick ot much in the big picture. They have the best spammable which proves to be unmanageable to bad NBs who just want to roll and cloak and win, but they dont have a 50% range damage reduction ability, no AOE root, no unblockable, undodgeable stun, no mobility tool, no disappearing ability, no teleport, no percent damage mitigation that stacks on top of resolve, no major mending. They just have the spammable and some myth that it's still 3 years ago and they have exclusive access to heals and cleanse.

clean 7830magica vs ritual 4762 necro clean is not cheap in Pvp because it cost health 1940 Health (so spaming this ability is not best idea..)

Sweep is strong Aoe no cast time or delay ability which is extremly cheap...

POTL/PL is strong due to jabs and sweep combo so even 20% is deadly...

range damage reduction ability strong range stun follow by toping charge? or

mobility tool acceleration with toping Toppling Charge?

no percent damage mitigation that stacks Channeled Focus/ Restoring Focus combination with Temporal Guard
    ?