The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nb rant

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    "Almost impossible to have below 25k hp"... Spoken like a true nightblade. I'm sitting here at 22.9k. That's what you get when you don't get all the stat buffs for free by simply slotting your abilities. Shows how spoiled nightblades really are.
    Stamblades are fine, they're just balanced. Inferior to top stam builds, yes, but still ahead of most mag builds. Speaking of, MAGblade needs something. Now that they (and in extension every mag class) are melee-ranged due to the Destructive Reach changes, they should get the same damage coefficients and heavy attack speeds as stamina melee players have.

especially in cp its hard to go under 25k hp due to tristats glyphs and foods even in no cp with 8 points into hp i have 25k hp

With a drink food (Spring-Loaded) and no hp passive it is very easy to go below 25k in CP. Nightblades have braindead easy passives, no secret.
    "braindead easy passives"
    Compared to what? I can think of classes with much better passives, and once you add in the fact that every other classes active skills just do more, literally *every* class seems "braindead" compared to NBs.

The passives come with almost no cost, that makes them braindead easy. You get a huge 8% max mag, max health and critrate just for slotting abilities you're using anyway. Major resists don't require slotting and casting a useless skill, they are free as long as you use an ability you would normally use every couple seconds. There is just no planning involved, no choice you have to make. NB just gets it.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Almost impossible to have below 25k hp"... Spoken like a true nightblade. I'm sitting here at 22.9k. That's what you get when you don't get all the stat buffs for free by simply slotting your abilities. Shows how spoiled nightblades really are.
    Stamblades are fine, they're just balanced. Inferior to top stam builds, yes, but still ahead of most mag builds. Speaking of, MAGblade needs something. Now that they (and in extension every mag class) are melee-ranged due to the Destructive Reach changes, they should get the same damage coefficients and heavy attack speeds as stamina melee players have.

especially in cp its hard to go under 25k hp due to tristats glyphs and foods even in no cp with 8 points into hp i have 25k hp

With a drink food (Spring-Loaded) and no hp passive it is very easy to go below 25k in CP. Nightblades have braindead easy passives, no secret.
    Compared to what? I can think of classes with much better passives, and once you add in the fact that every other classes active skills just do more, literally *every* class seems "braindead" compared to NBs.

The passives come with almost no cost, that makes them braindead easy. You get a huge 8% max mag, max health and critrate just for slotting abilities you're using anyway. Major resists don't require slotting and casting a useless skill, they are free as long as you use an ability you would normally use every couple seconds. There is just no planning involved, no choice you have to make. NB just gets it.

That would be true if NB abilities were decent, but for the most part they aren’t. The best way to play a NB is to use the least amount of class abilities possible to unlock the passives, then use abilities from other skill lines.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, I guess. Personally though, I'd rather have stronger passives like the other classes that don't screw up my health & magicka bars (i.e. always having more on back bar than front bar, or the reverse.) Not only does that not make it "easier," it's downright impossible for me to have the same health on both bars on my build. I'd definitely rather just get 1250 health like Last Gasp.

Some of the passives (Dark Veil) are just trash, and others (Master Assassin/Refreshing Shadows/Magicka Flood) seem like they just serve as an excuse for ZOS to make the rest of our toolkit weak AF. Like: "oh, we can nerf NB damage because they get a damage boost from cloak and the 8% extra magicka" or "we should raise the cost of their skills because they get 15% more regen than other classes." At least that's how it seems to me.
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean, I guess. Personally though, I'd rather have stronger passives like the other classes that don't screw up my health & magicka bars (i.e. always having more on back bar than front bar, or the reverse.) Not only does that not make it "easier," it's downright impossible for me to have the same health on both bars on my build. I'd definitely rather just get 1250 health like Last Gasp.

Some of the passives (Dark Veil) are just trash, and others (Master Assassin/Refreshing Shadows/Magicka Flood) seem like they just serve as an excuse for ZOS to make the rest of our toolkit weak AF. Like: "oh, we can nerf NB damage because they get a damage boost from cloak and the 8% extra magicka" or "we should raise the cost of their skills because they get 15% more regen than other classes." At least that's how it seems to me.

You know, the more I play the more I dislike Master Assassin. I mean, thematically it makes sense but in practice it just...isn’t good (outside of high weap/spell damage gankers maybe). As a magblade I don’t often have particularly high spell damage, so that 10% boost often really is only like a 3% damage increase. For maybe one attack in ten.
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on February 19, 2020 11:56AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

That would be true if NB abilities were decent, but for the most part they aren’t. The best way to play a NB is to use the least amount of class abilities possible to unlock the passives, then use abilities from other skill lines.

BS.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Definition of first world problems. I don't get my health bonus. I don't get my max mag bonus. I am forever bound to put Curse and Hardened on different bars if I want my stam recovery bonus 100%. I have to waste magicka and a slot on Boundless to get my resists. All problems NBs don't have to deal with.
    Regarding the NB balancing overall, stam is fine, mag is not. And that has nothing to do with passives, but questionable active skills.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

BS.

Really? I would have thought that would be pretty obvious.

Simple then, name me one NB ability that’s better then a weapon skill ability, or one class defining ability that’s better than another class’ ability (excluding cloak since its subjective).

To me it sounds like you’ve never played a NB. You should play one if you think they’re so great. Thinking about it aren’t you that DK that has a grudge against NBs because you blame NBs for getting wings nerfed, so completely biased?
    Edited by Iskiab on February 19, 2020 2:04PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

BS.

Simple then, name me one NB ability that’s better then a weapon skill ability, or one class defining ability that’s better than another class’ ability (excluding cloak since its subjective).

To me it sounds like you’ve never played a NB. You should play one if you think they’re so great. Thinking about it aren’t you that DK that has a grudge against NBs because you blame NBs for getting wings nerfed, so completely biased?

Easy. Ambush and Shadow Image.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

BS.

Crit rush > Ambush, and shadow image isn’t used by many people anymore. It’s too expensive even for Magblades, and I’d say less than a quarter of magblades even use it. How can an ability be great if no one uses it? The magblades who do use it tend to be longtime players who’ve incorporated it into their playstyle so keep using it despite the cost, I’ve never met a magblade who started after summerset who uses it.

That would be like saying DKs are OP healers because they have major mending. Technically true that they have mending, but impractical so it’s rarely used.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 19, 2020 2:44PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

BS.

Crit rush > Ambush, and shadow image isn’t used by many people anymore. It’s too expensive even for Magblades, and I’d say less than a quarter of magblades even use it. How can an ability be great if no one uses it? The magblades who do use it tend to be longtime players who’ve incorporated it into their playstyle so keep using it despite the cost, I’ve never met a magblade who started after summerset who uses it.

That would be like saying DKs are OP healers because they have major mending. Technically true that they have mending, but impractical so it’s rarely used.

Ambush is very much better than critrush. They way it teleports you instantly and ignores terrain is incredibly useful.
    Shadow Image is key to positioning. It also provides Minor Maim, a very rare debuff. This skill sees use with mag and stamblade frequently. Compare it to a DKs talons, which stam DK rarely uses and mag DK usually prefers the fiery, non-maim morph.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambush is by far the slowest gap closer and it doesn't ignore terrain. If it is used, it is only for the minor vuln, which is a decent debuff, but mechanically the skill is subpar to any other gap closer. Shade is nice, but very expensive, requires more brain than pretty much any other skill and is very impractical for keepig up armor buffs.

SA/CW require a target and other shadow skills are expensive and usually not something you want to spam, so keeping up those short duration armor buffs does indeed require more thought than just pressing a button once every 20+ seconds.

Sorcs also have a health passive (8% - which is more than most nb will gain from their passive) + a bunch of other "braindead" passives that don't require to slot or do something.

Passives are the last thing to influence how easy or hard a class is to play, because for the most part they are just there ... passively.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'll touch on two things:

To get the 8% Max Magicka I need to slot a Siphoning ability.

Swallow Soul - not as good as Force Pulse or Elemental Weapon damage wise. It has a heal which is great, but since it's being spammed you can easily find yourself overwriting a better heal.

Offering - Purely a healer skill so not going to be slotted in most cases.

Crippling - Lost the Major Expedition and the DoT is weak.
    Debilitate - Almost worth slotting but Elemental Drain is 100x better.

Siphoning Attacks - This is for the back bar.

Sap Essence - Not useful in PvP unless you are bombing.

Soul Tether - Looks good on paper but oh...cast times are fun! The heal is only good when outnumbered but it often gets interrupted.

So no planning? Brain-dead? Most players choose Swallow Soul for their front bar because we don't really have any better options.

As for Major Resists? I get it for 7.5 seconds in my light armor build.

What skill am I going to cast every 7.5 seconds from the Shadow tree so I can have my armor buffs up all the time (even before a fight)?

Oh I know, how about Shadowy Disguise? The same skill everyone complains about being spammed by Nightblades.

Or I could do Path? Good choice, but RaT is superior for the Major Expedition and Regeneration is better for the heal.

Still brain-dead? Don't think we plan these things? Right.
    Edited by brandonv516 on February 19, 2020 4:49PM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definition of first world problems. I don't get my health bonus. I don't get my max mag bonus. I am forever bound to put Curse and Hardened on different bars if I want my stam recovery bonus 100%. I have to waste magicka and a slot on Boundless to get my resists. All problems NBs don't have to deal with.
    Regarding the NB balancing overall, stam is fine, mag is not. And that has nothing to do with passives, but questionable active skills.

So let me get this straight: you're a Magsorc and you want to talk about "first world problems" and "brain-dead easy"? You don't even need a second bar to do the most difficult solo content in the game — your entire CLASS is braindead easy.

Hell, you could probably even get away with just one bar in PVP too, seeing as you all just use streak, twilight, and the same 3 [easymode/autopilot] offensive skills.

"First world problems" indeed.😂
    You're too funny.
    Edited by Langeston on February 19, 2020 5:01PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

BS.

Ambush :joy: People don't even use that skill since a long time now, toppling is the only good gapcloser worth slotting :joy:
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Ambush does ignore terrain like slopes and stuff. Critrush fails now and then there. And if you think gapclosers aren't worth slotting, then I understand why you hate on Streak.
    What class leads the leaderboards in vMA? Magsorc? Oh, it doesn't? Hm... And please, go ahead, play Cyro on magsorc with Streak, a pet and three offensive skills. Have fun dying to the first combo with no shields, enjoy your pet being zerged down and celebrate your magicka being consumed by a couple seconds of streaking without Dark Conversion.
    As for Siphoner skills, Siphoning on back is easy pick and Swallow is a reliable spammable. Grasp is a nice DoT, it actually does something. Think about paying two slots for 1k resists and the 8% max mag instead. Not one single magsorc in Cyrodiil is slotting that.
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Yes, Ambush does ignore terrain like slopes and stuff. Critrush fails now and then there. And if you think gapclosers aren't worth slotting, then I understand why you hate on Streak.
    What class leads the leaderboards in vMA? Magsorc? Oh, it doesn't? Hm... And please, go ahead, play Cyro on magsorc with Streak, a pet and three offensive skills. Have fun dying to the first combo with no shields, enjoy your pet being zerged down and celebrate your magicka being consumed by a couple seconds of streaking without Dark Conversion.
    As for Siphoner skills, Siphoning on back is easy pick and Swallow is a reliable spammable. Grasp is a nice DoT, it actually does something. Think about paying two slots for 1k resists and the 8% max mag instead. Not one single magsorc in Cyrodiil is slotting that.

literally almost no decent stamblade runs ambush its the most predictable *** ever and you are basically self ccing so you are vulnerable for retaliation
  • Thedragonlolitucker

yeah because thats the way nb should play no need to buff up with 100 skills and wow 8 id definitely take 8 percent stat pool over other minor and major bufffs
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    I always thought it was funny they changed a damage buff to a tanky buff in a skill line called "Assassin" and said it was about class identity.
    😂

They should drop that assassin nonsense since thy will never really allow anything resembling assassination, read oneshoting, in PVP. The cake is a LIE.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're all wrong!

Joking aside. NB is not great but is not bad. I find it harder to play than my sorcs (mag and stam) or MagDK at the moment.

You have to just play the class differently these days. Its not like it was years ago, for better or for worse. IMHO too much nerfs, but whatever. Spilled milk.

Throw a 2H and sword and board on and you can be quite tanky and with the damage sets out there you an still dish out damage.

It is unfortunate that other classes built the same way do a bit better simply because of heals native to their class and some really nice passives but like someone else pointed out, vigor can tick quite high even without a mending buff. I think mine fully Buffed is 19k and when at a keep its around 22k . Obviously this is a stamblade perspective.

Id say NB is still great for solo and small groups. Large groups they dont bring much to the table that other classes dont already do, while also being better at it. When i go out with my guild i generally switch to my magDK. Slow as hell but something about magDK is just fun!!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Magsorcs are top tier right now on almost everyone's tier lists and pet sorcs even more so especially without needing to run around resto staff back bar. Almost every nerf that hurt magsorc not related to a class ability hurt magblade even worse.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    At first I thought you were talking about magblade but then saw it was a rant about stam and lost interest. Tbh if you’re having troubles on a stamblade, no amount of defile is going to help. At this point it’s mostly just you and the server lag. My stamblade hits like a truck attached to a freight train that has a rocket powered engine. Basically, just throw stam cost increase poisons on and run them out of stam if they’re too tanky. #onslaughtop
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not many people are running a gap closer right now. Also, Crit Rush is a hell of a lot better than ambush. For as nice of a buff as you get with ambush, it's too slow and too clunky and ends up delaying burst on your opponent.

As far as shadow image goes, it's its own unique skill. If you wanted to try and compare utility survival skills I guess you would do something like wings, streak, shimmering shield, spirit guardian and purify. Shadow image is better than wings, and spirit guardian for sure, but I'd probably still take shimmer, streak and purify.
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    At first I thought you were talking about magblade but then saw it was a rant about stam and lost interest. Tbh if you’re having troubles on a stamblade, no amount of defile is going to help. At this point it’s mostly just you and the server lag. My stamblade hits like a truck attached to a freight train that has a rocket powered engine. Basically, just throw stam cost increase poisons on and run them out of stam if they’re too tanky. #onslaughtop

xd not having troubles playing my stamblade man just saying how it is lacking compared to other stamclasses
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamblade hits like a truck attached to a freight train that has a rocket powered engine.

Yeah, and hits its target with the same reliability as the aforementioned device.
    Edited by MusCanus on February 20, 2020 9:20AM
  • MBBOWOLVERINE
    MBBOWOLVERINE
    ✭✭
    My stamblade seems fine uWu
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Shh...we are trying to get nightblade overbuffed here. Just watch and enjoy when it happens!
  • Thedragonlolitucker

ofc it is
  • MBBOWOLVERINE
    MBBOWOLVERINE
    ✭✭
    Still kill 95% players, where others struggle to play the class, remove cast times and buff resistances, give fracture and the class will be fine
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still kill 95% players

lol, what % of players above, let's say, at least 13 AvA rank do you kill? May not answer, just see for yourself and count.
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Still kill 95% players, where others struggle to play the class, remove cast times and buff resistances, give fracture and the class will be fine

yeah all i want basically