The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nb rant

• nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry but no just no NBs are still honestly the best solo glass in the game when it comes to ganking especially on a magicka NB its broken 100% broken and Stamina NightBlade you can 1vX for days as long as you dont follow the meta of new moon you will be just fine "honestly tried it on the PTS and in game on my NB and its overrated" NB is currently in an amazing spot but honestly my magicka NightBlade ganker should be nerfed I did my testing on target dummy's and was hitting for 150k in 1 second and also took it into pvp and yah anyone with 18k-30k HP dead in 1 second 30k+ 2 second 3 at max after that just run away 🏃‍♂️💨

For examples here is my Stamina NightBlade
    [snip]

And my new OP magicka NightBlade

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

[Removed Videos for naming and shaming, and profanity.]

you are 1vx'ing on console and console players are absolutely horrid compared to pc players. that plus those players are garbage and you died to only 5 of them which is barely even 1vx'ing. you can tell because a lot of them aren't healing themselves let alone keeping vigor/hots up and you are still struggling to kill them and dying a lot. anyone and i mean anyone on any class if they understand this game can 1vx players of that quality with absolute ease and it is actually easier on say a warden dk or any class for that matter. every class can 1vx and i have 1vx'd on a stamblade much higher numbers of players of higher skill than those console players in your video and i still believe stamblade is very underpowered. i'm sure someone like thogard mercie or speedkills would absolutely destroy you in a 1v1 because at the very high end of the skill curve our class immensely under-performs. we are the weakest class in the game with the smallest population of players in high mmr bgs/1vx'ing because of this. [Snip].

[Edited to remove bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 18, 2020 5:24PM
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Has anyone tried dizzy out of stealth? Dizzy does it’s damage at the end of the GCD and applies off balance. I theorycrafted dizzy - med attack will stun without GCD locking you which should make incap land, but haven’t tried it in practice.

Good on the OP if you can make it work btw.

dizzy isnt worth it if you cant keep your defensive passive up. since dark cloak isn't viable dizzy swing on nightblade also isnt viable. i mean you can run it but youre going to get 1shot by any derpy casuals dizzy swing burst combo if you're not burning through your mana keeping your defensive passive up.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    Im sorry but no just no NBs are still honestly the best solo glass in the game when it comes to ganking especially on a magicka NB its broken 100% broken and Stamina NightBlade you can 1vX for days as long as you dont follow the meta of new moon you will be just fine "honestly tried it on the PTS and in game on my NB and its overrated" NB is currently in an amazing spot but honestly my magicka NightBlade ganker should be nerfed I did my testing on target dummy's and was hitting for 150k in 1 second and also took it into pvp and yah anyone with 18k-30k HP dead in 1 second 30k+ 2 second 3 at max after that just run away 🏃‍♂️💨

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

you are 1vx'ing on console and console players are absolutely horrid compared to pc players. that plus those players are garbage and you died to only 5 of them which is barely even 1vx'ing. you can tell because a lot of them aren't healing themselves let alone keeping vigor/hots up and you are still struggling to kill them and dying a lot. anyone and i mean anyone on any class if they understand this game can 1vx players of that quality with absolute ease and it is actually easier on say a warden dk or any class for that matter. every class can 1vx and i have 1vx'd on a stamblade much higher numbers of players of higher skill than those console players in your video and i still believe stamblade is very underpowered. i'm sure someone like thogard mercie or speedkills would absolutely destroy you in a 1v1 because at the very high end of the skill curve our class immensely under-performs. we are the weakest class in the game with the smallest population of players in high mmr bgs/1vx'ing because of this. [Snip].
    [Edited to remove baiting]

I agree with you about NB being under powered compared to other classes especially since it's supposed to be the damage dealer class. I don't agree with your take on console players though. Every console transfer has said the same thing in that pc has a larger casual population which is basically nonexistent on console anymore. You can verify yourself by asking streamers who made the switch to pc and they say that their is no skill gap. Otherwise I agree with your point. Outside of ganking, NB struggles against good players a lot more than any other class be it magic or stamina. The NB has to sacrifice a lot of bar space and have the clunkiest ultimates to make a very predictable burst window.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 18, 2020 5:24PM
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sorry, but ZOS really needs to give you console guys your own section of the forum, because your build is paper & on PC you would die faster than you are killing dudes on console.
    On PC everyone has & spams detect pots & Aoes. PC players would smell you coming a mile away, & let’s say you did get 1 kill off, you wouldn’t get two in a row because you wouldn’t be able to re-Enter stealth or cloak. You would have a 30+ man Zerg chasing you across the map spamming revealing flare, while everyone is ult dumping you. And that’s when you’re not in lag!

No, not at all. You are right though that there's more organized zergs on PC though.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you are 1vx'ing on console and console players are absolutely horrid compared to pc players. .

Do you play on console? I play both and PC on average is worse than xbox on average
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    FrankonPC wrote: »

you are 1vx'ing on console and console players are absolutely horrid compared to pc players. .

Do you play on console? I play both and PC on average is worse than xbox on average

there are for sure way more better players on pc in all these console 1vx vids i just see bots tbh obviously there are good players too tho
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there are for sure way more better players on pc in all these console 1vx vids i just see bots tbh obviously there are good players too tho

From my experience my fights are a lot smoother on pc because my attacks land, or the animation shows that they land lol. There are some amazing players on pc. Speed Kills is one of my favorites to watch for instance, but there are a ton of very mediocre players as well. That's why all of these "this platform is better" discussion is nonsense imo. Good players are good regardless of the platform that they are on.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are just jealous because you suck at game.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the redesigned lifesteel mechanics. I think lifesteel should ignore the % resists on which it heals. This is vampirism(I'm not talking about vampires) it should have a different damage structure at the very beginning. After that, devs can add a new buff Major Lifesteel and first make this buff an identity for NB. I think it would help a lot for Stamblade and for Magblade. With their type of explosions and their types of Windows, they could continue to create pressure by healing from the blows, a new chain of explosions would be laid for the entire class. Tank guys should go on the defensive, and heal, but this should not be a problem NB he should continue to create pressure by playing his game, not the game of tanks. I also want to add that the lifesteel theme is suitable for NB in General.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

From my experience my fights are a lot smoother on pc because my attacks land, or the animation shows that they land lol. There are some amazing players on pc. Speed Kills is one of my favorites to watch for instance, but there are a ton of very mediocre players as well. That's why all of these "this platform is better" discussion is nonsense imo. Good players are good regardless of the platform that they are on.

Agreed, I’m PC but I’m not a great player. When I watch videos I see other people play and know I can’t do some of the things they do.

Thing is you don’t need to be great to compete at a higher level. You just need an understanding of mechanics, be creative, and be decent, and then it’s about experience.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    NB is still a top class and incomparable to anything other than magsorc solo, when you compare the toolkit it still is all direct damage so not prone evasion damage reduction and has a good reliable instant cast spammable, the best cost to damage ulti (so cheap its part of the combo) and the hardest hitting proc ability relentless, combined with invis cloak and shade offering maim 1v1. With sets like NMA and minor venerability change to ambush and percentage mitigation added to the bow the class got better. Its after the prevalence of gankers and builds like dawny, sub assault, spin to win people started to stack more health 25-30k, which makes insta kill combos with nblade much harder to spec for

You haven't played nb for a while or you are full of ****.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Icky wrote: »

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

I’m sorry, but ZOS really needs to give you console guys your own section of the forum, because your build is paper & on PC you would die faster than you are killing dudes on console. On PC everyone has & spams detect pots & Aoes. PC players would smell you coming a mile away, & let’s say you did get 1 kill off, you wouldn’t get two in a row because you wouldn’t be able to re-Enter stealth or cloak. You would have a 30+ man Zerg chasing you across the map spamming revealing flare, while everyone is ult dumping you. And that’s when you’re not in lag!

Lol, that's your defense? ALL PC players ALWAYS use and have reveal pots and have zergs on command? You say his build is paper? More like your argument is paper.

Maybe you should re-read. I wasn’t making an argument, just stating the facts of his build & the differences between console and PC pvp.
    Everyone I know on pc flat out builds tankier while still doing loads of damage. Every few months a console player post about “look at my new build; it’s fire”, but to me at least, it’s always a disappointment. Theory crafters on console either don’t seem to be as competitive, can’t come up with great builds, or the mechanics/lag just has to be awful; which is it?
    Saying “let me pick the 2 best damage sets I can think of & run around attacking from stealth” just doesn’t do it for me in the creativity department nor do I believe it would hold up in pc fight, based on my time playing.
    Per your vid, your running spell strat, new moon, slimecraw all divines...

No impen, no defensive monster setup, not even a 2 piece potentates. Which btw I’m doing all of those defensive things & still get up to 4K spell damage fully buffed w/16k spell penetration.
    That’s the difference between a PC build vs a console build.

Lol what? You've never played eso on console I take it? I play on both and I can tell you, you're not stating any facts. You're stating what you believe to be true, obviously based on some weird stereotype, the truth is (believe it or not) that its the exact same meta on both and there are barely any difference concerning builds or theorycrafting.

And honestly, that you act like these kind of gankers don't exist on PC as well just show how delusional you are.

I never said “terrible pc players don’t exist”, if they’re running those type of builds then they are paper as well.

There are 2 main points of focus to my typing:
    1) I was calling out what I consider a bad build
    2) Giving an opinion, which could be a fact if I bothered to search the forums & count, which I’m not going to waste my time doing, that “it’s more often console players posting bad builds on forums than pc players”. And thus, if this is due to a meta-difference, they should have their own forum section.

I’ve read, throughout the years of eso, multiple conversations about the meta disparity between console & pc; if for no other reason than the pure FACT that console receives patches AFTER pc.
    #Delusional_Facts

yeah on a lot of console 1vx vids i see people not even breaking free and being squishy af obviously the players in the video are good but they just go up against a lot of bad players

That's because break free is broke. I guess some of us need to start posting clips of breaking free 3,4,5 times see the bf animation on our end but still being cc'd .
    Of course we look like potatoes.....
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 18, 2020 5:30PM
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »

yeah on a lot of console 1vx vids i see people not even breaking free and being squishy af obviously the players in the video are good but they just go up against a lot of bad players

That's because break free is broke. I guess some of us need to start posting clips of breaking free 3,4,5 times see the bf animation on our end but still being cc'd .
    Of course we look like potatoes.....[/quote]

fair point.

however im mildly furious that they have not buffed nightblade after borderline breaking our class to the extent that none of our class abilities flow together and are all insanely predictable to anyone with half a brain. and i know for a fact they have read these forum posts. i have made plenty of them myself. they removed every stun from our class and nerfed our fear and our damage/ability flow to the extent that we cannot even equip our fear over other abilities just to do enough damage to kill any mediocre player who can press their heal buttons and now theyre nerfing our one source of stun (off balance via tactician) that isnt insanely predictable/enables us to actually use onslaught against any player with a brain but now we will be hardstuck on dawnbreaker.

yet now theyre buffing stamcro to the extent that it will be more disgustingly broken than it already is because all these noobs don't know how to use blastbones correctly. like you ask any top tier player which class is the most powerful stam class in the game right now (like this patch before the buff) 100% every good player will say stamcro by a landslide. they are already the most brokenly op class in the game.

its like they havent realized yet that appealing to these bad/mediocre players is literally what has accounted for every horrid change to combat mechanics that they have ever made in the entire history of this game and there are other games such as world of warcraft which had sharp declines in their player population years ago for literally the exact same reason. it honestly mildly baffles me.
    Edited by nublife01 on February 17, 2020 9:30PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came here just to offer my opinion that NB ult cast times need removed.

Stayed for that juicy PC vs Console drama. Please by all means continue, both sides.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stayed for that juicy PC vs Console drama. Please by all means continue, both sides.

Actually console players are better . Couple example are that they cannot use ui mods and to use an ultimate it's not one button but two that need to be pressed simultaneously. I took this a step further by conducting a survey at my local grocery store. When asked if PC players were better then console in ESO nearly everyone had the same answer: "console players superior at tactics and skills in eso, just better people overall". Guess that concludes that argument. How can you argue what everyone at a grocery store says? Lot of people go to grocery store you know.
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Grocery store guy wins the argument, console players are better... and now back to the nb rant
  • Thedragonlolitucker

Actually console players are better . Couple example are that they cannot use ui mods and to use an ultimate it's not one button but two that need to be pressed simultaneously. I took this a step further by conducting a survey at my local grocery store. When asked if PC players were better then console in ESO nearly everyone had the same answer: "console players superior at tactics and skills in eso, just better people overall". Guess that concludes that argument. How can you argue what everyone at a grocery store says? Lot of people go to grocery store you know.

idk who says that console players are better tbh
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

idk who says that console players are better tbh

I just told you, the people at my grocery store. The customers... duh
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't argue with a grocery store survey. That's where you get your teabags
  • JSTCH
    JSTCH
    ✭✭
    If played right the night blade class in my opinion is the strongest class. I know multiple night blades that make short work of some of the best know players on console. Open world cyrodil stamblades are arguably the best solo class. Mag blades are easily strongest for 1v1. Not to mention they have access to some serious damage mitigation
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JSTCH wrote: »
    If played right the night blade class in my opinion is the strongest class. I know multiple night blades that make short work of some of the best know players on console. Open world cyrodil stamblades are arguably the best solo class. Mag blades are easily strongest for 1v1. Not to mention they have access to some serious damage mitigation

That’s so weird how the platforms are different. How is cyrodiil in CP PvP on console?

On PC-NA people spec completely differently then they would for say BGs or something else, Tankiness is way up.

I’d say on my main I’ve been ganked once in the last 9 months, and I blame lag. So that would be over a hundred attempts or so. Even when I played my magblade healer with worse self healing then my magplar they weren’t a threat: so pre NB nerfs.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 18, 2020 1:33PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s so weird how the platforms are different. How is cyrodiil in CP PvP on console?

On PC-NA people spec completely differently then they would for say BGs or something else, Tankiness is way up.

I’d say on my main I’ve been ganked once in the last 9 months, and I blame lag. So that would be over a hundred attempts or so. Even when I played my magblade healer with worse self healing then my magplar they weren’t a threat: so pre NB nerfs.

The fact that NBs are making the attempts means their are lots of players out there that they are getting. You say you blame the lag for getting ganked but there seems to be more to that story then you are telling...hmmmm...🤔🤔🤔🤔
    Just did some research and couldn't find any complaints about lag from 9 months ago. Something not adding up here.
    🤔🤔
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on February 18, 2020 4:03PM
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I don't know what console he is playing on or what server because xbox na is certainly not like that. We've had a tanky meta forever it seems. Our top magblades have either quit playing or play other characters, and stamblades have either switched to bow builds or different classes for the most part other than a few dedicated ones.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    PvP on XB EU is a mess. Groups and zergs all thanked up being smart healed constantly spamming roots, stuns and snares on cooldown is getting old fast.

Haven't played cyro competitively lately but it's all the same, Magplars/Splars or dizzy swing/leap/onslaught exe combo.

No one solos or attempts to fight it's basically a scramble to see who's group captures what empty keep and resource, no one has any skill lately; games skill died a long time ago. Nightblade has basically the worst burst. Is with delayed travel alongside cast times shafted us completely.

Dizzy swing/leap or Onslaught/ exe is easier to land than anything NB can.

Don't play it till it gets love, underwhelming/unperforming mess is what ZoS has done to the 'stealthy rogue' class.

These nonces at ZoS can't even run a bath of hot water never mind this mess or a new instalment.
    Stamblade Main.
  • Thedragonlolitucker

The fact that NBs are making the attempts means their are lots of players out there that they are getting. You say you blame the lag for getting ganked but there seems to be more to that story then you are telling...hmmmm...🤔🤔🤔🤔
    Just did some research and couldn't find any complaints about lag from 9 months ago. Something not adding up here.
    🤔🤔

i literally have never died to a ganker caluurion zaan ganker doesnt matter its too easy to avoid
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We're in a tank meta and ZOS took away all the stuff which Nb needed to be able to kill tanks. If you're playing very good you can do "fine" in Cyro with Nb but don't expect to be even close to stamcro/stamden power level or being able to kill proper builds.

My honest advice is to just uninstall the game until the next expansion because the current problems in PvP will just get worse with the next patch...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    We're in a tank meta and ZOS took away all the stuff which Nb needed to be able to kill tanks. If you're playing very good you can do "fine" in Cyro with Nb but don't expect to be even close to stamcro/stamden power level or being able to kill proper builds.

My honest advice is to just uninstall the game until the next expansion because the current problems in PvP will just get worse with the next patch...

no defile no fracture no minor berserk even tho other classes get em literally all the buffs and debuffs on skills are gone
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    "Almost impossible to have below 25k hp"... Spoken like a true nightblade. I'm sitting here at 22.9k. That's what you get when you don't get all the stat buffs for free by simply slotting your abilities. Shows how spoiled nightblades really are.
    Stamblades are fine, they're just balanced. Inferior to top stam builds, yes, but still ahead of most mag builds. Speaking of, MAGblade needs something. Now that they (and in extension every mag class) are melee-ranged due to the Destructive Reach changes, they should get the same damage coefficients and heavy attack speeds as stamina melee players have.

especially in cp its hard to go under 25k hp due to tristats glyphs and foods even in no cp with 8 points into hp i have 25k hp

With a drink food (Spring-Loaded) and no hp passive it is very easy to go below 25k in CP. Nightblades have braindead easy passives, no secret.
    "braindead easy passives"
    Compared to what? I can think of classes with much better passives, and once you add in the fact that every other classes active skills just do more, literally *every* class seems "braindead" compared to NBs.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

🤔🤔

You’re right, there is more. When I was successfully ganked I was on my alt, and attempts have successively gone down over the last 9 months. I think I haven’t seen one at all this month. I remember one night I had maybe 10 attempts 6 months ago.

The one successful attempt on my alt was also a magblade.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 19, 2020 12:22AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Langeston wrote: »
    "Almost impossible to have below 25k hp"... Spoken like a true nightblade. I'm sitting here at 22.9k. That's what you get when you don't get all the stat buffs for free by simply slotting your abilities. Shows how spoiled nightblades really are.
    Stamblades are fine, they're just balanced. Inferior to top stam builds, yes, but still ahead of most mag builds. Speaking of, MAGblade needs something. Now that they (and in extension every mag class) are melee-ranged due to the Destructive Reach changes, they should get the same damage coefficients and heavy attack speeds as stamina melee players have.

especially in cp its hard to go under 25k hp due to tristats glyphs and foods even in no cp with 8 points into hp i have 25k hp

With a drink food (Spring-Loaded) and no hp passive it is very easy to go below 25k in CP. Nightblades have braindead easy passives, no secret.
    "braindead easy passives"
    Compared to what? I can think of classes with much better passives, and once you add in the fact that every other classes active skills just do more, literally *every* class seems "braindead" compared to NBs.

yeah nb has shadow barrier lol nothing else warden has major mending major fracture and minor berserk and idk most people literally every other class has way more buff coverage