The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nb rant

Thedragonlolitucker
Nightblade has the biggest burst in the game, although because of its delay its difficult to hit.
In this current meta if a nb throws his burst at someone they either dodge or tank the ult and then just heal back to full easily due to the overtuned healing and tankiness and how there's no access to defiles or easy acces to damage buffs, nowadays its almost impossible to have under 25k hp due to better foods and just how easy it is in general to stack hp, there is also too much percent mitigation.
You cant keep the pressure up on someone after attempting to burst and you just keep trying, which fails almost always and countless times of them trying to unsuccesfully kill you because you're a nb you get put in to a stalemate.
I've had so many of these 10 minute fights and after we both just give up.
It's also just stupid how nightblade is one of the tankiest things in cyro without trying you have: the shadow barrier passive, relentless 10 percent mitigation, bloodspawn and pyjic ulti minor protection throw a potentates bow on there and u take no damage,nice class identity btw. Being able to get so tanky with good damage and sustain along with cloak and shade makes nightblade extremely strong for solo pvp although its difficult to burst.

Add defile back to incap and just remove the silence, its free cc immunity for stam players and a *** you card to mag.
If zeni is so deadset on keeping cast times in game (except templars which is also aoe btw)
you could either give spectral bow no delayat all or make you able to cast it beforehand to time your burst.
As it is now in no cp with a cc your ult is hard to hit because you break free faster than it hits, it's better though in cp where you can actually hit it reliably because you have the tactician passive and can trigger the cc with a heavy which is not on gcd unlike a fear or surprise attack out of stealth.
You could make surprise attack out of stealth work like dswing where it doesn't stun immediately so you can actually hit your burst in no cp.

:DD
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought it was funny they changed a damage buff to a tanky buff in a skill line called "Assassin" and said it was about class identity.
    😂
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB is still a top class and incomparable to anything other than magsorc solo, when you compare the toolkit it still is all direct damage so not prone evasion damage reduction and has a good reliable instant cast spammable, the best cost to damage ulti (so cheap its part of the combo) and the hardest hitting proc ability relentless, combined with invis cloak and shade offering maim 1v1. With sets like NMA and minor venerability change to ambush and percentage mitigation added to the bow the class got better. Its after the prevalence of gankers and builds like dawny, sub assault, spin to win people started to stack more health 25-30k, which makes insta kill combos with nblade much harder to spec for
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    NB is still a top class and incomparable to anything other than magsorc solo, when you compare the toolkit it still is all direct damage so not prone evasion damage reduction and has a good reliable instant cast spammable, the best cost to damage ulti (so cheap its part of the combo) and the hardest hitting proc ability relentless, combined with invis cloak and shade offering maim 1v1. With sets like NMA and minor venerability change to ambush and percentage mitigation added to the bow the class got better. Its after the prevalence of gankers and builds like dawny, sub assault, spin to win people started to stack more health 25-30k, which makes insta kill combos with nblade much harder to spec for

yeah its great for solo, just that the burst isnt great not even because people have higher health 25-30k shouldnt be a problem to burst down, the class is better in cp because of the tactician passive so u can hit an ult lots of people still bet on the cc incap bow combo and ofcourse it doesnt hit. People also just dodge with other combos like heavy attack incap out of stealth, the burst is completely delayed. Every other class has things that hit at the same time like potl onslaught blastbones and onslaught or leap which doesnt have a cast time, will have a delay though next patch. Nightblade definitely was op before but now its underpowered for sure in terms of burst and healing. just remove cast times and the class is fine or add a delay to incap as to where u can cast it before. Idc about major fracture or anything although warden and dk have it along with major mending. People whining about cast times still die with them, 19k hp all divine ppl running through cyro whining about getting ganked.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run into the occasional tanky nightblade, but as a light armor magblade I've never felt tanky myself, even when using the Shade and Merciless. Agreed on ult cast times and that a few changes like that had / will have a large effect. That said, I still run into a few stamblades who seem to make the most out of Snipe -> Incap combos from stealth and are pretty nasty. Gankers, sure, but also people who know how to fight and use the Snipe delay in a subsequent duel.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if roll dodging only partially mitigated Assassin's Will? This wouldn't affect PvE, and could make burst more reliable without adding damage to the core skill.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I run into the occasional tanky nightblade, but as a light armor magblade I've never felt tanky myself, even when using the Shade and Merciless. Agreed on ult cast times and that a few changes like that had / will have a large effect. That said, I still run into a few stamblades who seem to make the most out of Snipe -> Incap combos from stealth and are pretty nasty. Gankers, sure, but also people who know how to fight and use the Snipe delay in a subsequent duel.

There aren’t any really good super tanky specs that hit hard. It’s mostly stacking healing and hots that makes people tanky.

Like as a MagWarden I can face tank multiple people in no-CP pretty easily just by stacking hots so it looks like I’m taking next to no damage, especially with shimmer, but I am taking damage it’s just being healed right away.

In terms of NBs, they can be tanky in the true sense that you can build them to mitigate a lot of damage (merciless stacks + dark cloak) but without the self healing other classes have you’ll never get the same results as you would playing another class. That’s why NBs are popular in ball groups, you aren’t reliant on self healing to pvp.

The cast times and damage issues aren’t really what’s holding NBs back, but people expect to be a high damage build playing a NB so that’s what people focus on.

You just aren’t going to do well in pvp if it takes 4 hits to kill you and other classes can stay alive and whittle you down.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 13, 2020 4:17AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry but no just no NBs are still honestly the best solo glass in the game when it comes to ganking especially on a magicka NB its broken 100% broken and Stamina NightBlade you can 1vX for days as long as you dont follow the meta of new moon you will be just fine "honestly tried it on the PTS and in game on my NB and its overrated" NB is currently in an amazing spot but honestly my magicka NightBlade ganker should be nerfed I did my testing on target dummy's and was hitting for 150k in 1 second and also took it into pvp and yah anyone with 18k-30k HP dead in 1 second 30k+ 2 second 3 at max after that just run away 🏃‍♂️💨

For examples here is my Stamina NightBlade
    [snip]

And my new OP magicka NightBlade

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

[Removed Videos for naming and shaming, and profanity.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:33PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry but no just no NBs are still honestly the best solo glass in the game when it comes to ganking especially on a magicka NB its broken 100% broken and Stamina NightBlade you can 1vX for days as long as you dont follow the meta of new moon you will be just fine "honestly tried it on the PTS and in game on my NB and its overrated" NB is currently in an amazing spot but honestly my magicka NightBlade ganker should be nerfed I did my testing on target dummy's and was hitting for 150k in 1 second and also took it into pvp and yah anyone with 18k-30k HP dead in 1 second 30k+ 2 second 3 at max after that just run away 🏃‍♂️💨

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

Ganking and bombing are in my opinion not a good testinomy for the performance of a class, and should never be used to determain how to balance a class. Any class can gank but nigthblade simpy does it a bit better due to cloak. I don´t think nightblade lacks damage, but the ability to land it reliably is a big problem. Simple fix would be to remove the cast time on incap/soul harvest + reduce the minimum travel time on the bow proc. Those two changes alone will make nightblade more competitive.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:34PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High/hard hitting stamina burst damage is too easily attainable. This allows for the entirety of someone’s offense to be a single 5 piece set such as but not limited to:
    Fury
    New moon
    Truth
    & even the new set titan born or whatever it’s called.

This easy access to hard hitting, mostly AOE, damage allows them to build another entire 5 piece + monster set all for defense while still having plenty of room for jewelry, mundus, & pots for sustain.
    Oh & on top of that racial passives can easily stack with damage, mitigation or sustain to fill in any gaps.

If the original dev team saw these sets they would repeatedly face palm!

If you’re not stamina you’re doing it wrong.
    If you’re not a nord or an orc you’re doing it wrong.
    If you’re not a warden, necro, dk, or templar you’re doing it wrong.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

I’m sorry, but ZOS really needs to give you console guys your own section of the forum, because your build is paper & on PC you would die faster than you are killing dudes on console. On PC everyone has & spams detect pots & Aoes. PC players would smell you coming a mile away, & let’s say you did get 1 kill off, you wouldn’t get two in a row because you wouldn’t be able to re-Enter stealth or cloak. You would have a 30+ man Zerg chasing you across the map spamming revealing flare, while everyone is ult dumping you. And that’s when you’re not in lag!
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:35PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

I’m sorry, but ZOS really needs to give you console guys your own section of the forum, because your build is paper & on PC you would die faster than you are killing dudes on console. On PC everyone has & spams detect pots & Aoes. PC players would smell you coming a mile away, & let’s say you did get 1 kill off, you wouldn’t get two in a row because you wouldn’t be able to re-Enter stealth or cloak. You would have a 30+ man Zerg chasing you across the map spamming revealing flare, while everyone is ult dumping you. And that’s when you’re not in lag!

Lol, that's your defense? ALL PC players ALWAYS use and have reveal pots and have zergs on command? You say his build is paper? More like your argument is paper.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:36PM
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

Sorry I play PC as well and I have killed everyone on PC also all max CP and the hate whispers on PC is unreal as well
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:36PM
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

Lol, that's your defense? ALL PC players ALWAYS use and have reveal pots and have zergs on command? You say his build is paper? More like your argument is paper.

Facts lol honestly people need to think before they speak since I play on multiple platforms and I have max toons on PC as well and run the same setup since it was on the PTS testing the build out and then put in that work on the "master race" and I have killed everyone I have come into contact with on PC, these PC kids are gonna get 🧂 when I get a capture card for my PC and go down that road with my videos 😂✌
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 18, 2020 5:28PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vGf9ce9Hus
    (All credit to Kristofer ESO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8q-W0BsD6s
    (All credit to Isth3reno1else)

2 Different ESO content creators that PvP a lot and seem to be very good at it... and yet... I don't think it is a simple coincidence or some sort of "conspiracy" that they both placed NB low on the class ranking / tier list.
  • Thedragonlolitucker

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

yeah until you come against a dk or warden burst them til 20 percent and then they block cast vigor with an 18k tooltip lol and yeah ofcourse its good in 1vx due to shade and cloak in 1v1 fights against equally as good players you're at a big disadvantage
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:47PM
  • Thedragonlolitucker

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

anyone will just cc break faster than ur incap hits and even with a combo like heavy attack incap out of stealth bow proc they'll still dodge because of the audio que in cp u can hit ur burst easier with tac passive against another stam meta player u often cant do anything to them and they cant do anything to u either which results in endless fights
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:47PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried dizzy out of stealth? Dizzy does it’s damage at the end of the GCD and applies off balance. I theorycrafted dizzy - med attack will stun without GCD locking you which should make incap land, but haven’t tried it in practice.

Good on the OP if you can make it work btw.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Has anyone tried dizzy out of stealth? Dizzy does it’s damage at the end of the GCD and applies off balance. I theorycrafted dizzy - med attack will stun without GCD locking you which should make incap land, but haven’t tried it in practice.

yeah would never use that though lol nightblade isnt good with dswing the combo atm is heavy attack incap out of stealth which can hit a lot of the time because ppl dont expect it although it can be dodged into fear into bow proc which is just able to hit because the minimum travel time was reduced by a bit.This puts most people within execute range but if ur against someone good on like a warden or dk they get free major mending and just heal back up to full lol
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

Facts lol honestly people need to think before they speak since I play on multiple platforms and I have max toons on PC as well and run the same setup since it was on the PTS testing the build out and then put in that work on the "master race" and I have killed everyone I have come into contact with on PC, these PC kids are gonna get 🧂 when I get a capture card for my PC and go down that road with my videos 😂✌

Hehe you couldnt kill my mag necro though and sent me hate messages, telling me I was a useless tank after stealthing away each time I was ready to send my .50 BMG balorg colossus drop on u :(

Also I never carry detection pots even if I said I had in the bank :wink:

/edit

Also his stam NB have disgustingly high burst, and I think 98% of players in Cyro will get insta gibbed by him. So NB is not as bad as OP trying to make it out, on the contrary.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:48PM
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Sneakers wrote: »

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

Hehe you couldnt kill my mag necro though and sent me hate messages, telling me I was a useless tank after stealthing away each time I was ready to send my .50 BMG balorg colossus drop on u :(

yes i should just stand in it? and u were like 40k hp standing on resource with guards lulw
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:49PM
  • Thedragonlolitucker

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

yes i should just stand in it? and u were like 40k hp standing on resource with guards lulw

rip thought u were talking to me xd had a similar magcro tank experience lol
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:51PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I ran this for a while. The combo hits hard but sucks in a sustained fight. If you have surprise you can get some kills (ie gank), but anyone decent player aware of your presence will not be caught by it. They of course just break your invis, block, retaliate.
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

Not quite.
    But i was tanky enough to survive and sustain forever which angered u despite fleeing in stealth when I came after u with my haymaker..

CORMIER VS GUTAVSSON

CORMIER won that on decision and so did my necro ;)
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:53PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the complaints about DKs or Wardens ganks are a little weak. At least as a NB you can choose your targets, just do yourself a favour and leave the DKs and Wardens alone.

There are tons of Templars, other NBs, etc... to gank.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.

Heresya is one of the best magblade players I have ever known, I myself play magblade since beta and he was always around.

This video proves nothing but the poor shape of magblades that force even the best players to run caluurion and zaan to make it effectively work. Hand this man a stamden and he'll reck all these players within one rotation instead of over the course of 1 minute one after another.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:54PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, forum PvP, my favorite kind to go along with tea...
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    I think the complaints about DKs or Wardens ganks are a little weak. At least as a NB you can choose your targets, just do yourself a favour and leave the DKs and Wardens alone.

not talking about ganking m8 i never gank lol just fair 1v1 fights
  • Thedragonlolitucker

dont want to be able to insta one shot ppl out of stealth
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, I just mean in general. If you play solo with cloak, ignore/run away from DKs and Wardens. You’re going to lose if they know what they’re doing.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont want to be able to insta one shot ppl out of stealth

That's what being an assassin is all about and I love it.