The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nb rant

• Thedragonlolitucker
    Icky wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I think the complaints about DKs or Wardens ganks are a little weak. At least as a NB you can choose your targets, just do yourself a favour and leave the DKs and Wardens alone.

There are tons of Templars, other NBs, etc... to gank.

dont want to be able to insta one shot ppl out of stealth

That's what being an assassin is all about and I love it.

except it doesnt work only against all divine 20k hp magsorcs lol
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB is just *** and there is literally no reason to run one other than bombing or ganking on a magblade.

Anything else you can do better on a DK, Templar or Warden.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    NB is just *** and there is literally no reason to run one other than bombing or ganking on a magblade.

Anything else you can do better on a DK, Templar or Warden.

Yeah, true plus those classes provide group utility.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry but no just no NBs are still honestly the best solo glass in the game when it comes to ganking especially on a magicka NB its broken 100% broken and Stamina NightBlade you can 1vX for days as long as you dont follow the meta of new moon you will be just fine "honestly tried it on the PTS and in game on my NB and its overrated" NB is currently in an amazing spot but honestly my magicka NightBlade ganker should be nerfed I did my testing on target dummy's and was hitting for 150k in 1 second and also took it into pvp and yah anyone with 18k-30k HP dead in 1 second 30k+ 2 second 3 at max after that just run away 🏃‍♂️💨

For examples here is my Stamina NightBlade
    [snip]

And my new OP magicka NightBlade

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

[Removed Videos for naming and shaming, and profanity.]

I love that you died after t bagging.

Sometimes sacrifices must be made
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:55PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Im sorry but no just no NBs are still honestly the best solo glass in the game when it comes to ganking especially on a magicka NB its broken 100% broken and Stamina NightBlade you can 1vX for days as long as you dont follow the meta of new moon you will be just fine "honestly tried it on the PTS and in game on my NB and its overrated" NB is currently in an amazing spot but honestly my magicka NightBlade ganker should be nerfed I did my testing on target dummy's and was hitting for 150k in 1 second and also took it into pvp and yah anyone with 18k-30k HP dead in 1 second 30k+ 2 second 3 at max after that just run away 🏃‍♂️💨

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

I’m sorry, but ZOS really needs to give you console guys your own section of the forum, because your build is paper & on PC you would die faster than you are killing dudes on console. On PC everyone has & spams detect pots & Aoes. PC players would smell you coming a mile away, & let’s say you did get 1 kill off, you wouldn’t get two in a row because you wouldn’t be able to re-Enter stealth or cloak. You would have a 30+ man Zerg chasing you across the map spamming revealing flare, while everyone is ult dumping you. And that’s when you’re not in lag!

Lol, that's your defense? ALL PC players ALWAYS use and have reveal pots and have zergs on command? You say his build is paper? More like your argument is paper.

Maybe you should re-read. I wasn’t making an argument, just stating the facts of his build & the differences between console and PC pvp.
    Everyone I know on pc flat out builds tankier while still doing loads of damage. Every few months a console player post about “look at my new build; it’s fire”, but to me at least, it’s always a disappointment. Theory crafters on console either don’t seem to be as competitive, can’t come up with great builds, or the mechanics/lag just has to be awful; which is it?
    Saying “let me pick the 2 best damage sets I can think of & run around attacking from stealth” just doesn’t do it for me in the creativity department nor do I believe it would hold up in pc fight, based on my time playing.
    Per your vid, your running spell strat, new moon, slimecraw all divines...

No impen, no defensive monster setup, not even a 2 piece potentates. Which btw I’m doing all of those defensive things & still get up to 4K spell damage fully buffed w/16k spell penetration.
    That’s the difference between a PC build vs a console build.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:56PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblades are in the dirt where they belong, and to the joy of us all they will remain there for a while longer. Good riddance!
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

yeah until you come against a dk or warden burst them til 20 percent and then they block cast vigor with an 18k tooltip lol and yeah ofcourse its good in 1vx due to shade and cloak in 1v1 fights against equally as good players you're at a big disadvantage

Nope cuz every dk and warden 30k+ HP gets killed in 1 sec
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:56PM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC players really out here trying to act superior with (REBUFF INSTRUCTIONS) and current weapon/spell damage plastered across the screen smh, imagine them trying to play pre buff timers on console
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Almost impossible to have below 25k hp"... Spoken like a true nightblade. I'm sitting here at 22.9k. That's what you get when you don't get all the stat buffs for free by simply slotting your abilities. Shows how spoiled nightblades really are.
    Stamblades are fine, they're just balanced. Inferior to top stam builds, yes, but still ahead of most mag builds. Speaking of, MAGblade needs something. Now that they (and in extension every mag class) are melee-ranged due to the Destructive Reach changes, they should get the same damage coefficients and heavy attack speeds as stamina melee players have.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

I’m sorry, but ZOS really needs to give you console guys your own section of the forum, because your build is paper & on PC you would die faster than you are killing dudes on console. On PC everyone has & spams detect pots & Aoes. PC players would smell you coming a mile away, & let’s say you did get 1 kill off, you wouldn’t get two in a row because you wouldn’t be able to re-Enter stealth or cloak. You would have a 30+ man Zerg chasing you across the map spamming revealing flare, while everyone is ult dumping you. And that’s when you’re not in lag!

Lol, that's your defense? ALL PC players ALWAYS use and have reveal pots and have zergs on command? You say his build is paper? More like your argument is paper.

Maybe you should re-read. I wasn’t making an argument, just stating the facts of his build & the differences between console and PC pvp.
    Everyone I know on pc flat out builds tankier while still doing loads of damage. Every few months a console player post about “look at my new build; it’s fire”, but to me at least, it’s always a disappointment. Theory crafters on console either don’t seem to be as competitive, can’t come up with great builds, or the mechanics/lag just has to be awful; which is it?
    Saying “let me pick the 2 best damage sets I can think of & run around attacking from stealth” just doesn’t do it for me in the creativity department nor do I believe it would hold up in pc fight, based on my time playing.

No impen, no defensive monster setup, not even a 2 piece potentates. Which btw I’m doing all of those defensive things & still get up to 4K spell damage fully buffed w/16k spell penetration.

😂😅🤣😅😂
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:57PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

Ganking and bombing are in my opinion not a good testinomy for the performance of a class, and should never be used to determain how to balance a class. Any class can gank but nigthblade simpy does it a bit better due to cloak. I don´t think nightblade lacks damage, but the ability to land it reliably is a big problem. Simple fix would be to remove the cast time on incap/soul harvest + reduce the minimum travel time on the bow proc. Those two changes alone will make nightblade more competitive.

Problem is that if You'll exclude ganking from balancing the nb then You'll simply overbuff ganking. Stealth playstyle in ESO is how it is and nb can get huge adventage out of it. In my opinion it's the fact that nb have possibility to have effective ganking playstyle a reason that class is hard to balance. Saying "any class can gank" is like saying "any race can work on magicka char" it does not fully reflect reality. Problem is that with how stealth playstyle is designed nb is a ganker even when he's not build as one. Saying nb can gank "a bit better" is just a lie. He can do it way better. And that is where problem with balancing lies. Nb can take adventage of many different sets and skill way more then other classes especially when it comes to ganker playstyle even when he's not build fully for ganking.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:57PM
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

Lol what? You've never played eso on console I take it? I play on both and I can tell you, you're not stating any facts. You're stating what you believe to be true, obviously based on some weird stereotype, the truth is (believe it or not) that its the exact same meta on both and there are barely any difference concerning builds or theorycrafting.

And honestly, that you act like these kind of gankers don't exist on PC as well just show how delusional you are.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 9:58PM
  • Thedragonlolitucker

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

yeah until you come against a dk or warden burst them til 20 percent and then they block cast vigor with an 18k tooltip lol and yeah ofcourse its good in 1vx due to shade and cloak in 1v1 fights against equally as good players you're at a big disadvantage

yes ofc seems like u dont have cast times lol even if ur entire burst hits theyll just block and heal back up to full with an 18k vigor tooltip lol
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 10:00PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

yes ofc seems like u dont have cast times lol even if ur entire burst hits theyll just block and heal back up to full with an 18k vigor tooltip lol

18k is a rookie number. Factor in crits and crit mod and with all the new high weapon/spell damage sets after battle spirit you can get 4k average tick.

This is what I’m planning on running post patch. Heal crit mod is 84% I think it is, and with 50% crit they’ll be big. This is on a stamblade so no vitality like other classes.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=211232
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 10:00PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Thedragonlolitucker

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

18k is a rookie number. Factor in crits and crit mod and with all the new high weapon/spell damage sets after battle spirit you can get 4k average tick.

This is what I’m planning on running post patch. Heal crit mod is 84% I think it is, and with 50% crit they’ll be big. This is on a stamblade so no vitality like other classes.

yeah i know its just straight disgusting free major mending plus 20 percent near keeps
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 10:01PM
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    "Almost impossible to have below 25k hp"... Spoken like a true nightblade. I'm sitting here at 22.9k. That's what you get when you don't get all the stat buffs for free by simply slotting your abilities. Shows how spoiled nightblades really are.
    Stamblades are fine, they're just balanced. Inferior to top stam builds, yes, but still ahead of most mag builds. Speaking of, MAGblade needs something. Now that they (and in extension every mag class) are melee-ranged due to the Destructive Reach changes, they should get the same damage coefficients and heavy attack speeds as stamina melee players have.

especially in cp its hard to go under 25k hp due to tristats glyphs and foods even in no cp with 8 points into hp i have 25k hp
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

Lol what? You've never played eso on console I take it? I play on both and I can tell you, you're not stating any facts. You're stating what you believe to be true, obviously based on some weird stereotype, the truth is (believe it or not) that its the exact same meta on both and there are barely any difference concerning builds or theorycrafting.

And honestly, that you act like these kind of gankers don't exist on PC as well just show how delusional you are.

I never said “terrible pc players don’t exist”, if they’re running those type of builds then they are paper as well.

There are 2 main points of focus to my typing:
    1) I was calling out what I consider a bad build
    2) Giving an opinion, which could be a fact if I bothered to search the forums & count, which I’m not going to waste my time doing, that “it’s more often console players posting bad builds on forums than pc players”. And thus, if this is due to a meta-difference, they should have their own forum section.

I’ve read, throughout the years of eso, multiple conversations about the meta disparity between console & pc; if for no other reason than the pure FACT that console receives patches AFTER pc.
    #Delusional_Facts
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Thedragonlolitucker

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

I never said “terrible pc players don’t exist”, if they’re running those type of builds then they are paper as well.

2) Giving an opinion, which could be a fact if I bothered to search the forums & count, which I’m not going to waste my time doing, that “it’s more often console players posting bad builds on forums than pc players”. And thus, if this is due to a meta-difference, they should have their own forum section.

I’ve read, throughout the years of eso, multiple conversations about the meta disparity between console & pc; if for no other reason than the pure FACT that console receives patches AFTER pc.
    #Delusional_Facts

yeah on a lot of console 1vx vids i see people not even breaking free and being squishy af obviously the players in the video are good but they just go up against a lot of bad players
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

#Delusional_Facts

yeah on a lot of console 1vx vids i see people not even breaking free and being squishy af obviously the players in the video are good but they just go up against a lot of bad players

You guys come off as jealous. Anyone else feel the same way?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 10:02PM
  • Thedragonlolitucker

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

#Delusional_Facts

yes would be fun having hordes of newbs to farm :PP
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

yeah i know its just straight disgusting free major mending plus 20 percent near keeps

Yup, 20% near keeps is crazy strong. There’s no point in bringing a healer into cyrodiil until you’re Support 10, that passive is massive. Your healing goes up to almost the tooltip amount.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

#Delusional_Facts

yes would be fun having hordes of newbs to farm :PP

Much hate I sense in this one.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 10:03PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

especially in cp its hard to go under 25k hp due to tristats glyphs and foods even in no cp with 8 points into hp i have 25k hp

With a drink food (Spring-Loaded) and no hp passive it is very easy to go below 25k in CP. Nightblades have braindead easy passives, no secret.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

With a drink food (Spring-Loaded) and no hp passive it is very easy to go below 25k in CP. Nightblades have braindead easy passives, no secret.

HP pool is meaningless outside the build, all that matters is TTK. Are you trying to say a DK with 25k health isn’t tankier then a NB with 30k health? [snip]

[removed bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on February 15, 2020 2:01PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] we both know DKs are tankier. NBs benefit from larger stat pools and more mitigation but it’s not backed up with good self healing so they’re still squishy.

I’m just pointing out that looking at one stat in isolation is silly, I’d actually trade the health buff NBs get for the extra range in melee attacks for example, stats aren’t everything.

[edited for consistancy]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on February 15, 2020 2:03PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

HP pool is meaningless outside the build, all that matters is TTK. Are you trying to say a DK with 25k health isn’t tankier then a NB with 30k health? If so you’re delusional.

Yeah, great way to start a dialogue by immediately insulting me. How do you think this is gonna go?

I don’t think that’s insulting, we both know DKs are tankier. NBs benefit from larger stat pools and more mitigation but it’s not backed up with good self healing so they’re still squishy.

I’m just pointing out that looking at one stat in isolation is silly, I’d actually trade the health buff NBs get for the extra range in melee attacks for example, stats aren’t everything.

The tone was rather sharp. But, I guess that was just one of the complications written communication brings. Nevermind, all good.

Stats are indeed not everything and DK gets a lot of selfhealing at the cost of an execute. Of course they're more facetanky. But NBs have excellent passives. 8% max mag for free and major resistances for using any skillTREE ability now and then? Yeah, I want that. I don't use my 8% max mag buff in PvP, I cannot afford the slots. I have to refresh an almost useless buff for my major resistances, would definitely prefer RaT for the mobility part.

This frustrates me. Nightblades have mostly (not always) been very good and stamblades are still... okay. Just because they're in a balanced spot now doesn't mean the sky is falling. We all get nerfed. That's what I wanna say.
    Magblade needs buffs, not stam. And templar needs nerfs.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

Enjoy ✌

Yep. I kill many nightblades but not because I'm looking for them. A few are superb and wipe me out, but most of the time, a blade attacking me is not wise. 2 nbs, then it gets interesting.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 17, 2020 10:03PM
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly would like just like the no cast time back on nb ultimates since I've always played through nerfs. I wouldn't mind berserk being back or the reworking of the shadow passive to include LA and MA instead of HA to increase duration. I'm not going to take the bait against console players since streamers who made the switch already have voiced their opinions.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly would like just like the no cast time back on nb ultimates since I've always played through nerfs. I wouldn't mind berserk being back or the reworking of the shadow passive to include LA and MA instead of HA to increase duration. I'm not going to take the bait against console players since streamers who made the switch already have voiced their opinions.

Ditto on the case timer ultimates. Clunky af is how that feels.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    NB is still a top class and incomparable to anything other than magsorc solo, when you compare the toolkit it still is all direct damage so not prone evasion damage reduction and has a good reliable instant cast spammable, the best cost to damage ulti (so cheap its part of the combo) and the hardest hitting proc ability relentless, combined with invis cloak and shade offering maim 1v1. With sets like NMA and minor venerability change to ambush and percentage mitigation added to the bow the class got better. Its after the prevalence of gankers and builds like dawny, sub assault, spin to win people started to stack more health 25-30k, which makes insta kill combos with nblade much harder to spec for

dude you have 100% absolutely no idea what you are talking about and need to stop spreading ignorance my god.