The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Return to Tamriel’s Southern Marshlands with the Murkmire Event"

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, this was in the PTS at the end of last year. Did no one actually test this with the PTS update? We had a chance 4 months ago to complain about the RNG aspect of the tickets, but I was unable to find a single thread about it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/496654/pts-patch-notes-v5-2-3#latest
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to clarify a few points on Event Tickets before the start of the event:

All three tickets drop at once (rather than one at a time.) Even though there is only a chance for them to drop, that chance is quite high for basic enemies and even higher for World & Delve Bosses. That being said, you might want to turn on auto loot before the event to make sure you're grabbing everything.

Why are you doing this at all? If the RNG chance is high, why have it at all? Does the support team not get enough requests for help with flubbed up tickets?

This is yet another change that nobody wants. Why do it? What could you possibly gain from it?

Making such an unpopular change like this without explaining it makes you guys seem distant, uncaring, and detached from the player base that pays your salary.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The thing is, this was in the PTS at the end of last year. Did no one actually test this with the PTS update? We had a chance 4 months ago to complain about the RNG aspect of the tickets, but I was unable to find a single thread about it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/496654/pts-patch-notes-v5-2-3#latest

Yeah, because complaining about unpopular changes on the PTS results in reasonably acceptable changes in response to that feedback.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭

I tested it really briefly, first WB I killed each day dropped three tickets and a strongbox if I remember correctly. Didn't feel like rng (I wasn't even aware it was only a chance), so the chance must be really high.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although this is the OFFICIAL discussion thread, there is also more discussion (and some unofficial answers to similar questions) in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/511136/murkmire-celebration-event-more-information-return-to-murkmire/
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if you somehow miss your RNG ticket drop, you could be stuck for a while trying to grind for tickets that will never come, with no way to know that you already missed it?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I looked back at my screenshots from PTS testing for 5.2.3. I don't think we were able to test the way event tickets were dropped in the Murkmire event. This is because the Murkmire event was on PTS at the same time as Mid-Year Mayhem. I have screenshots from both events time stamped within an hour of each other. Mid-year Mayhem quests were dropping event tickets. I assumed that Murkmire boss kills were not dropping tickets because of that.
    PC EU
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If RNG on tickets and event rewards are a way to make people play more and longer... maybe ZOS needs to think first why some people do the absolute minimum to get their event tickets.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    If RNG on tickets and event rewards are a way to make people play more and longer... maybe ZOS needs to think first why some people do the absolute minimum to get their event tickets.

Agreed. I think the strongboxes are the carrot to keep players in the zone, since a variety of activities outside the usual dailies can yield rewards. I do suspect not tying tickets to daily turn-ins is two-fold: to give players the option to do content other than dailies, such as doing the main questline if they haven't already done so; and to prevent players from just going in and doing the WB daily and then go do whatever they really want to do.

Now, unfortunately, players will be stuck doing content in the zone until they get their tickets. But, if they miss their tickets, they have no way of knowing if RNG just hasn't favored them yet or if they missed looting a mob somewhere. At the very least, the tickets need to be a guaranteed drop from the first monster a player kills.

Let the strongboxes be what encourages players to stay in the zone, rather than the tickets, esp. since we have no real way of knowing whether we need to keep going to earn our tickets due to RNG or if we missed our chance at them due to a corpse we failed to see.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did you test it?
  • xTarrant
    xTarrant
    Does someone want to try and tell me that this isn't designed to encourage people to buy tickets?
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xTarrant wrote: »
    Does someone want to try and tell me that this isn't designed to encourage people to buy tickets?

If a high chance of dropping basically means a guaranteed drop (it did for me during the Elsweyr event) then it's OK from my perspective. But if the drop chance is anything lower than that, I will be pretty disappointed.

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Did you test it?

I am not on PC, but a number of users in this thread are and had the opportunity to look at this on PTS.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you test it?

I am not on PC, but a number of users in this thread are and had the opportunity to look at this on PTS.

Well if you bothered reading the replies then it's clear that some did. But as Murkmire was there at the same time as Midyear Mayhem it might have created some conflict with how tickets dropped. So if people didn't see tickets drop from bosses they simply assumed it was because they'd already gotten their "daily allotment" from MYM and not because ZOS decided to suddenly institute RNG.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Guaranteed Murkmire Strongbox per day. Additional ones are available from drops. But, are "drops" only from Blackrose Prison Bosses ? Or Overland / delve bosses or other activates will drop additional Murkmire Strongboxes too ?

@ZOS_SarahHecker

Pretty much anything that drops loot. Killing monsters, looting treasure chests, World Bosses. etc. will have a chance to drop the boxes.

does blackrose prison drop double the arena weapons?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you test it?

Well if you bothered reading the replies then it's clear that some did. But as Murkmire was there at the same time as Midyear Mayhem it might have created some conflict with how tickets dropped. So if people didn't see tickets drop from bosses they simply assumed it was because they'd already gotten their "daily allotment" from MYM and not because ZOS decided to suddenly institute RNG.

But, that is something that could have been confirmed by doing a Murkmire thing first the next day to actually test that it was working properly. The whole point of the PTS.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you test it?

But, that is something that could have been confirmed by doing a Murkmire thing first the next day to actually test that it was working properly. The whole point of the PTS.

Well then you dedicate the time to testing something that no one realized should be tested for, because ZOS have never pulled this crap before.
  • Isaura
    Isaura
    ✭✭✭
    I usually like participating in events a lot, but I'll probably pass on this one. Making the ticket drop random is a horrible idea. It is not fun for anyone. Looks like you're trying to force us to grind, instead of making something nice that will spontaneously make us want to play/buy murkmire.
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to clarify a few points on Event Tickets before the start of the event:

All three tickets drop at once (rather than one at a time.) Even though there is only a chance for them to drop, that chance is quite high for basic enemies and even higher for World & Delve Bosses. That being said, you might want to turn on auto loot before the event to make sure you're grabbing everything.

Why? RNG on basic currency is a recipe for malking players feel bad. And its even worse because we have to redownload teh entire game DURING the event which means some players may miss up to 2 days of the event.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    does blackrose prison drop double the arena weapons?
    Correct!
    Staff Post
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, RNG on the ticket drops and a huge blocker in the middle of the event. Sounds about right for this regime.
    PC-NA
  • Sir_Xalvador
    Sir_Xalvador
    ✭✭✭
    One Guaranteed Murkmire Strongbox per day. Additional ones are available from drops. But, are "drops" only from Blackrose Prison Bosses ? Or Overland / delve bosses or other activates will drop additional Murkmire Strongboxes too ?

@ZOS_SarahHecker

Pretty much anything that drops loot. Killing monsters, looting treasure chests, World Bosses. etc. will have a chance to drop the boxes.

ummmm question....
    Why should tickets have a CHANCE to drop that just crazy they should be given after a kill not a chance.
  • bossonova420
    bossonova420
    ✭✭
    on feb. 20th is when the event starts but we all redownload on the 24th.... Are we gonna be given some extra time for the event that we will miss?
  • Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭
    Whole ticket rewarding system could be done though mail. No more lost tickets through looting or because of the silly 12 ticket cap.
    For event itself, quests would be cool also to give better rewards thus encouraging to explore the area.
    Ek1@EU@PC.
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    Ek1 wrote: »
    Whole ticket rewarding system could be done though mail. No more lost tickets through looting or because of the silly 12 ticket cap.
    For event itself, quests would be cool also to give better rewards thus encouraging to explore the area.

That is a great Idea!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those PTS patch notes that you linked made no mention that the tickets were RNG. The precedent--set by every previous zone event--was that tickets were guaranteed if you did what was asked. I suspect there would've been more feedback if there had been a hint that they were changing the formula.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Dragonrise event, trash mobs in Northern Elsweyr theoretically had a "chance" to drop event tickets, and bosses/dragons were guaranteed drops. In practise, a very few people complained of missing event tickets, but most players got their tickets every day - and trash mob kills seemed very likely to give tickets if you had not already received them (and were not maxed in tickets carried already). The Murkmire event will likely be the same. The complaints about this issue (event tickets being subject to RNG) seem overblown to me.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the Dragonrise event, trash mobs in Northern Elsweyr theoretically had a "chance" to drop event tickets, and bosses/dragons were guaranteed drops. In practise, a very few people complained of missing event tickets, but most players got their tickets every day - and trash mob kills seemed very likely to give tickets if you had not already received them (and were not maxed in tickets carried already). The Murkmire event will likely be the same. The complaints about this issue (event tickets being subject to RNG) seem overblown to me.

Or maybe most people quickly smartened up and beelined for the guaranteed drop from a boss for the rest of the event?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 14, 2020 1:51AM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kindly do NOT tie the tickets to rng, PLEASE

What this person said
    Edited by marius_buys on February 14, 2020 11:45AM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You must not have frequented the forum during Dragonrise, or maybe your memory is just faulty, if you think there were no complains about this. A lot of people lost tickets because of this and on the whole it was an extremely unpopular decision.
    Which makes it baffling that they went all out RNG on the tickets. Soooo many more people are going to lose tickets this time around.