The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Return to Tamriel’s Southern Marshlands with the Murkmire Event"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
9ebd917b856ed0608796dd71e86c0ac8.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Return to Tamriel’s Southern Marshlands with the Murkmire Celebration!" blog article.

Delve into the perilous region of Murkmire during this in-game event and you can earn bonus rewards including style pages, crafting materials, collectibles, and more!
Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on February 12, 2020 2:36PM
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for giving us the official info well in advance of the Feb 20th start date!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Murkmire Celebration is also a new opportunity to earn Event Tickets. During the event, the zone’s monsters and boss monsters each have a chance to drop Event Tickets. You can earn up to three tickets per day this way—up to 39 tickets total. Don’t forget to loot everything!

This is very vague. How many tickets does each enemy drop? Is it 3 tickets all at once? Or are we getting 1 ticket at a time until we get 3 for that day?

Does the "chance to drop" imply that tickets are not guaranteed on a kill and that it's RNG? If so, does this apply to just normal monsters? Or does this apply to bosses as well?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "During the event, the zone’s monsters and boss monsters each have a chance to drop Event Tickets. You can earn up to three tickets per day this way—up to 39 tickets total. Don’t forget to loot everything!"

Wait, "a chance" to drop event tickets ? No guaranteed event tickets drop ? Am I reading this correctly ? ? ? :o

Also, ZOS, you are the best. The new event blurs perfectly with the "game re-download" thing. So it is at least one day less for the event for many people. Probably 99% of EU server at least. As always, you did not disappointed ! *sarcasm*
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 12, 2020 2:49PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event Tickets:
    During the event, the zone’s monsters and boss monsters each have a chance to drop Event Tickets. You can earn up to three tickets per day this way—up to 39 tickets total. Don’t forget to loot everything!

Seriously?!
    This was a big problem during the first Elsweyr event as players who were grouped up had their tickets wind up as loot from groupmate kills or just didn't stop to loot the trash on the way to fighting a world boss. Didn't check everything? Oops! You were out of your tickets. Too bad!

I got around it by parking a character at a delve boss, logging in, and killing that delve boss before I did anything else with the event.

Honestly, I realize this is probably an attempt to be player-friendly in the sense of "Look, you don't even have to fight a boss for your tickets", but realistically, its one of the more frustrating ways to acquire tickets because its based on chance and very easy to miss when the tickets drop. And if you miss them, you are SOL unless Support is feeling helpful.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 12, 2020 2:53PM
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... you reduced the monthly login rewards so folks don't miss them due to re-downloading the game, but the Murkmire celebration will be active during that period of everyone downloading the entire game at once?

Ouch, server performance is bad enough just with an event running let alone that nightmare stacked on top simultaneously.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blackrose Prison arena bosses

Additional chance to receive bonus items as drops

What does that mean? The in game description of this event states "Double Blackrose Prison drops".
    PS5 EU.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hpfjtt2esu06.jpg

This little guy is adorbs. I has a mighty need!
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Pet fragments in one-per-day strongbox (you need how much? Seven different fragments?)
    2. Tickets randomly drop from mobs
    3. Pet fragments conveniently available for tickets (you'll need 35 of 39)
    4. You won't get 39 because of redownload

This is just *** =(

For reference: I did approximately one IC District Boss per day during event. I've got two helmet pages. That's it. If Murkmire fragments drop rate is similar... whoever approved this, deserves most terrible stuff to happen to them.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I am confused about the dates. Isn't harrow storm supposed to drop at the end of February? That's kind of why you told us that the daily logins were short. And then you schedule an event that spans the same timeframes knowing that it could take a while for people to get in to participate?

I think your internal teams need to have a meeting about coordination.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Events get more and more stressful, you can't just farm a bit and get all the shinies, you have to WORK now. You have to be diligent and don't you dare skip even one day! How sad.

Oh! And if daily rewards account for one week of downloading you leave those of us with slower connection LESS THAN ONE WEEK of event. Less than a half.

Or you could be decent people and start event tomorrow, you know?
    Edited by Nairinhe on February 12, 2020 3:14PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    1. Pet fragments in one-per-day strongbox (you need how much? Seven different fragments?)

This is just *** =(

For reference: I did approximately one IC District Boss per day during event. I've got two helmet pages. That's it. If Murkmire fragments drop rate is similar... whoever approved this, deserves most terrible stuff to happen to them.
    There are 2 things - pet & memento. So it is 7 per each, so 14 fragments... :o
    Better farm that gold, because (hopefully) those will be tradable. :*
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

This is just *** =(

There are 2 things - pet & memento. So it is 7 per each, so 14 fragments... :o
    Better farm that gold, because (hopefully) those will be tradable. :*

I think they were thinking 5 event tickets to buy 1 (of 7) pet fragments means 35 event tickets if buying all fragments needed to create the full pet from the Impressario. So, adding in the memento, you'd actually need 70 event tickets to fully purchase each needed fragment from the Impressario to form the pet and the memento if you are not fortunate to receive fragments in the RNG drops.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless the Impressario is gonna be selling the full pet and full memento for 5-10 event tickets each or something.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help but notice that the Impresario's shop list includes fragments for the Voriplasm Pet and Grave-Stake Mementos. In the recent Midyear Mayhem, we were able to purchase the banner emotes directly, rather than the fragments.

Is this intended? How many fragments do we need to get the pet/memento?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    I can't help but notice that the Impresario's shop list includes fragments for the Voriplasm Pet and Grave-Stake Mementos. In the recent Midyear Mayhem, we were able to purchase the banner emotes directly, rather than the fragments.

Is this intended? How many fragments do we need to get the pet/memento?

Traditionally for other pets and momentos in the game, 7 different fragments (i.e. they are named differently like the Indrik berries are, so having 2 of the same fragment won't help you).
  • cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    You can gain Murkmire Strongboxes once per day

Once per day per character? Once per day per account?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No guaranteed way to get event tickets? Seriously???
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turn the event on tomorrow instead of the 20th and you can all have a free sweetroll. :)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    So... you reduced the monthly login rewards so folks don't miss them due to re-downloading the game, but the Murkmire celebration will be active during that period of everyone downloading the entire game at once?

Ouch, server performance is bad enough just with an event running let alone that nightmare stacked on top simultaneously.

My guess is that the generous ticket count--39 for a single-berry event--was their way of compensating for the downtime. In contrast, Midyear also had 39 tickets, but there were two berries to collect with those tickets.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

My guess is that the generous ticket count--39 for a single-berry event--was their way of compensating for the downtime. In contrast, Midyear also had 39 tickets, but there were two berries to collect with those tickets.
    Midyear was a base game event. Past DLC events (Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Orsunium etc.) always had higher Event Ticket count in total vs duration of the event. This event requires you to own Murkmire or ESO+. But what worries me the most is the "chance" to get the event tickets, which implies - those are not guaranteed. I am hoping it is a typo and not an upcoming trend...
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. The event that ran this time last year was Vvardenfell. It lasted 12 days with 2 tickets per day for a total of 24 tickets. 39 tickets for a zone event seems very generous to me.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on February 12, 2020 4:03PM
    PC EU
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly PC customers are no longer of any value

PC-EU has been a joke for over a year and bad for most of it's life
    now a RNjesus event right over the major update download

clearly were are being told something!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event really should have been tomorrow onwards. There’s no sense in doing it the week after imo
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao this event will run while everyone is downloading the new client :lol:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Barnicle
    Barnicle
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

There are seven fragments for the Voriplasm Pet and seven for the Wooden Grave-Stake Memento.

All fragments are individually named and are stored in the COLLECTIONS menu under FRAGMENTS, along with the Indrik Feathers & Berries.
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    No guaranteed way to get event tickets? Seriously???

That was the first thing that stood out to me as well. The article says -
    During the event, the zone’s monsters and boss monsters each have a chance to drop Event Tickets.

So you could not get any at all?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao this event will run while everyone is downloading the new client :lol:
    If only we could pre-download all of the install files 2 - 3 days earlier and then simply do an offline-install..
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree. The event that ran this time last year was Vvardenfell. It lasted 12 days with 2 tickets per day for a total of 24 tickets. 39 tickets for a zone event seems very generous to me.

They've definitely been more generous with event tickets for the past two events. Undaunted was pretty skimpy, though. I do think that the higher ticket count is their way of making up for the PC download that will happen, but why not just have the event start tomorrow, a week earlier?

I also don't like that the tickets are dropping from monsters again. I was very careful during the Dragonrise event to fight a dragon or world/delve boss before fighting anything else. I didn't have a problem getting my tickets that way. And, iirc, all two/three? tickets dropped from the first boss. But it is unclear if that's the case during this event. I think that the "all monsters have a chance to drop" means that you can get your tickets from any monster, so be sure to loot everything, but that once you've gotten your 3 tickets to drop from the first monster, you're done. At least that's what I hope, but the wording certainly is unclear.

Also, it's strange the way they worded only getting one strongbox per day, with a small chance of additional boxes. I'm assuming it will work like the Dragonrise event, where I always got a box from the first dragon/boss monster I killed, and then would usually get one or two others from killing other bosses, farming nodes, etc. I think they mean that we are guaranteed a strong box per day, but can then farm them like we did the Narfy boxes.

But, this is all assumption since their wording is unclear. I appreciate the advance notice of this event, but am surprised it's happening during the Great Download of 2020.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dislike Murkmire so much that I just can't care about this event. It would be nice to get some event tickets but.............I just can't! :/
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barnicle wrote: »
    Hi

There are seven fragments for the Voriplasm Pet and seven for the Wooden Grave-Stake Memento.

All fragments are individually named and are stored in the COLLECTIONS menu under FRAGMENTS, along with the Indrik Feathers & Berries.

This sounds like a frustrating experience. I don't mind grinding for fragments if I can take a long time and gather a little bit at a time, but over a two week period? Maybe I will skip this event.