Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Tiger Mount Request

• karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My point is I think ZOS should take a lesson from Frontier, and improve upon it. Not only should the mount remain "exclusive" as some put it, but also, ZOS should really do what Frontier won't, and come in here and tell new players straight.

"You will not be given the opportunity to acquire this mount if you don't already qualify."

They need to say that. Then lock the thread. No debates, no pleads. GM has spoken.

You know who used to do that? SOE. perhaps you don't know who they are - would not be surprised. They once had some of the biggest MMOs around, but they are gone now.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My point is I think ZOS should take a lesson from Frontier, and improve upon it. Not only should the mount remain "exclusive" as some put it, but also, ZOS should really do what Frontier won't, and come in here and tell new players straight.

"You will not be given the opportunity to acquire this mount if you don't already qualify."

They need to say that. Then lock the thread. No debates, no pleads. GM has spoken.

You know who used to do that? SOE. perhaps you don't know who they are - would not be surprised. They once had some of the biggest MMOs around, but they are gone now.

Quick Google suggests Sony Online Entertainment? You're quite right, I do not know who they are and this is of course not your fault.

But the search did immediately lead to several MMO articles so I'm guessing they are who you mean?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
    Options
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've still got people in two guilds that have that mount from their year long pre-paid sub to the game when it was terrible.

As much as I love that tiger mount I'd never want to see it re-released as it is; maybe recolored perhaps re-textured with different stripe patterns and coloration even. But that's their reward to players who stuck with early ESO despite it being nigh untold garbage.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    I have a nice stripped Bengal tiger mount. Zos gave it to us for free after about a year of subscribing from the launch date. Basically it was the last subscriber rewards Zos gave us before going B2P. It is a nice mount.,

Zos has reskinned the mount a few times since and offered it in the crown store but they seem adamant at keeping that original striped senche mount special to those who faithfully subscribed during the first year of the game. I have a black one as well. So OP can find variations from the store and crates.

OP wanting a legit Tiger and telling them they can have any other Senche BUT the single one they want.

I am assuming you are saying that I am telling them they can have any other senche but the one they want. So yes. It pretty much appears Zos is keeping that senche solely as the reward they intended it to be.

They have added many different skins of the senche mount, including one that is dotted. I really do not think Zos will let people by the stripped senche mount as Zos knows it would sell well and has likely seen the requests and still does not offer it for sale in any manner. Sometimes life does not cooperate.

I could be wrong but the past 5 years has seen many of these threads and still no stripped senche mount for sale. I like that they keep the mount they gave me special.
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was here in 2014, but I for some reason never got a tiger mount and never even knew of it at the time, now that I think about it. I hated this game so much in 2014 that I rarely played it. It wasn't until xbox release that I gave it a serious go. Oh well. Thems the brakes, I guess.
    Nevertheless, I would still love one. I love tigers sooooo much.

You had to sub for the first year... if you hated it that much you probably stopped paying, which was why you didn't get it. The game wasn't easy to play in those day, lots of wrinkles that needed ironing out.

Indeed it was a view widely put around at the time that not only had the original subscribers paid for the development of the console versions of the game, we had also debugged it for ZoS (I know, we didn't do a good job, but then it wasn't supposed to be a job :) ).

I was in at beta, I have the monkey. I subbed for that first year, I have the tiger mount and use it on my main character, the one that I've played from the start. And while I know most players won't understand the significance of the mount I do, so they can keep their steam-powered dwemer spiders and their flame-breathing black stallions, I have a mount that signifies I was in from the start:)

As for people who subscribe continuously for a year now getting it, well then what do I get for subscribing continuously from the start? Some other exclusive? Something else that people will complain they don't have...

Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Quick Google suggests Sony Online Entertainment? You're quite right, I do not know who they are and this is of course not your fault.

But the search did immediately lead to several MMO articles so I'm guessing they are who you mean?

the point being that they engaged in the behavior that you are suggesting. bolded above for easy reference. it led to their current state of non-being.
    Edited by karthrag_inak on January 27, 2020 6:48PM
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is something to consider....

I would review all mounts in the game and look at any of the ONE TIME items mounts and put them into a special crate and make those mounts the APEX awards. Do something similar for style motifs, costumes, etc... for that crate.

Release for a limited time once a year during a weekend. Modify it as needed each year.

This way the mounts still keep their special status behind a random paywall and players who want them can gamble for them. ZoS wins with added revenue.

That is the only way I see one time items every coming back into the game for a limited time.
    Options
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a tiger that was a loyalty reward a loooooooong time back - unfortunately it was already confirmed that it wont come back...

rzHIWRqTgxOQ4jkUtcpH.jpg

Yep, and I’d bet 95% of the players who got one are gone now.
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

the point being that they engaged in the behavior that you are suggesting. bolded above for easy reference. it led to their current state of non-being.

Interesting take, thank you.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    there is a tiger that was a loyalty reward a loooooooong time back - unfortunately it was already confirmed that it wont come back...

rzHIWRqTgxOQ4jkUtcpH.jpg

Maybe that many, maybe more. Regardless of the percentage it just makes the rewards that much sweeter for those of us that have it. I use mine on most of my characters.
    Options
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    Minyassa wrote: »
    There are quite a few other tiger morphs, though this is the classic. It was rather stupid of ZOS to make the most common and recognizable form of an iconic cat that is the favorite of so many people into an exclusive item, but now they're committed to it and the best they can do is offer other colors of tigers. If they would get around to that it would be great. Marmalade's lovely. White's nice. Maltese would be nice.

Make the White Tiger a console loyalty exclusive and i'll be happy.

No. The only platform that should see anything exclusive to it would be PC. ESO is a PC game.

Funny that, considering how many play this “PC” game on consoles.
    PC is already advantaged in so many different way. Wanting more exclusive goodies is just greedy and spiteful.

Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Nah, i've made my point. I'll just go n ride my tiger mount for a bit. Laters. ;)

:lol:

Nice debate.

You should join a society.

Ohhhhh…. that old green eyed monster. :D

Do you suffer from that often, then?

If you go back a couple of pages, you will see that I am asking for an Amur tiger mount - which I personally prefer, as I don't like the narrow face of the loyalty mount very much.

I am not asking for the loyalty mount to come back for me, personally.

Obviously, it would be easier for ZOS to not have to do a whole new model (so, I would have settled for that) and I am still for the idea, for people who would prefer the narrow-faced loyalty mount, but still.

If it's a suggestion for something you'd like added to the game, try doing so here.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/crown-store-and-eso-plus

Not sure it'll help. Still waiting on my owl pet. But with us getting a bat pet soon, gives me hope that eventually maybe they can and will do an owl. Fingers crossed.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    Minyassa wrote: »
    There are quite a few other tiger morphs, though this is the classic. It was rather stupid of ZOS to make the most common and recognizable form of an iconic cat that is the favorite of so many people into an exclusive item, but now they're committed to it and the best they can do is offer other colors of tigers. If they would get around to that it would be great. Marmalade's lovely. White's nice. Maltese would be nice.

Make the White Tiger a console loyalty exclusive and i'll be happy.

No. The only platform that should see anything exclusive to it would be PC. ESO is a PC game. Accommodating console players is, arguably, what has led to a great deal of the bugs in this game.

"ESO is a PC game."

>ESO has Xbox and PS4 clients.

Okay bud whatever you say.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they're saying the game was made with PC in mind first and then console coming as an after thought later. Certainly seems that way considering how long after launch the console versions came. I had originally intended to get the game on console but after they announced it was delayed indefinitely I wound up breaking down and buying it for pc. I used my basic desktop. Looked like a hamburger patty but it ran. Eventually got a proper gaming rig and after the console versions released tried to out on there with the account copy and all and... I was top invested and used to it on pc I stayed there.
    Edited by ProfessorKittyhawk on January 27, 2020 9:22PM
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The frustrating thing about the loyalty reward tiger is that it had to be what it is. Out of any mount that could've been the reward, it is a simple generic senche tiger. It's like making it a brown horse. Making something so generic so rare. It's just strange, and disappointing too if you don't like flashy mounts and like tigers. not white tigers, not black, not green, not glowing, not senche-raht, but just tigers
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The frustrating thing about the loyalty reward tiger is that it had to be what it is. Out of any mount that could've been the reward, it is a simple generic senche tiger. It's like making it a brown horse. Making something so generic so rare. It's just strange, and disappointing too if you don't like flashy mounts and like tigers. not white tigers, not black, not green, not glowing, not senche-raht, but just tigers

At the time, that was the very first non horse mount in the game. Might seem lame and generic by todays standards with all the crazy flashy mounts running around now, but up until they did away with the p2p structure and switched to b2p and introduced the crown store, all we had were the base horses. And each horse had to be trained separately. So the senche tiger was special at the time.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is odd that you call it generic yet it was the most unique mount in the game when Zos gave it to us. Further, some players were upset they could not get the mount because they took a few months off so Zos changed the requirements so months of sub paid ahead of the cutoff date would count. It is also a mount that has been the source of many threads of people requesting it like this thread.

So not so generic as it is considered special.
    Options
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I would love a tiger
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

It is odd that you call it generic yet it was the most unique mount in the game when Zos gave it to us. Further, some players were upset they could not get the mount because they took a few months off so Zos changed the requirements so months of sub paid ahead of the cutoff date would count. It is also a mount that has been the source of many threads of people requesting it like this thread.

So not so generic as it is considered special.

I'm calling in generic because it has no special/fantasy quality about it. It's a plain tiger. It's not meant to be an insult, I'm not sure if I came across that way?
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on January 27, 2020 11:32PM
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

rzHIWRqTgxOQ4jkUtcpH.jpg

Nope they are not. And i would be pretty annoyed if they break their promise.

BUT I can understand console players. Still, as they didnt support the game with sub before going b2p, they havent "earned" it. Some transfered and have it, but they supported the game during that time.
    Accept, adapt, overcome.
    If you miss an oppurtunity, happens, unlucky.
    Making it accessable would be a slap to the face for old loyal supporters. Nogo.
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So having "only" 5 years of exclusive content would be a slap in the face?
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't agree with re-releasing the senche tiger mount to ESO+ subs.

It was from a time when the sub was mandatory and people stuck with the game despite the issues.

It was a mandatory sub for access to the game, nothing more.

No crowns
    No craft bag
    No double bank slots
    no extra gold
    No XP boost
    No faster research time
    No double house slots
    No crown store exclusives or discounts

It's a limited edition and the time to buy it is gone, just like every other limited edition of anything else.

And you those that say they never see them. Besides my own that I use on the character I play every day, I see others and/or the beta monkey almost every day and often multiples of them on PCNA

I'm perfectly fine with a reskin of another color different enough to be distinguishable from the loyalty one.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 27, 2020 11:55PM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA tiger lovers:

1000g for a 5 min viewing of my tiger!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA tiger lovers:

Nice. Best answer so far.
    Everyone can be happy this way. But using emotes should be free of additional charge.
    sharing is caring
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »

rzHIWRqTgxOQ4jkUtcpH.jpg

Nope they are not. And i would be pretty annoyed if they break their promise.

BUT I can understand console players. Still, as they didnt support the game with sub before going b2p, they havent "earned" it. Some transfered and have it, but they supported the game during that time.
    Accept, adapt, overcome.
    If you miss an oppurtunity, happens, unlucky.
    Making it accessable would be a slap to the face for old loyal supporters. Nogo.

I hadnt even heard of the game until mid 2015, and by then it had its Console launch. Bit unfair. Just tiny bit.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xbox NA tiger lovers:

You've just won the internet game :)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a Moderator in here to close this thread already.

Tiger Mount is not coming back. It's
    a reward for those who supported this game during the rough times. It was for loyalty and should remain that way. I did not get it because I did not earn it and that is fine. Enough said.
    Edited by Rampeal on January 28, 2020 3:11AM
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'd have to remove the exclusivity of every other item ever released for this game whether for an event or not before making this one available.

I say that, because this is literally their promise of a most exclusive mount. It was a love-letter to the fans, who have been wanting a Senche mount for so long and they delivered that for the most loyal subscribers.

It's not flashy, but it's easily one of my fav mounts.

I'm not too sold on any of the senche Radiant Apex Mounts, especially after seeing several of the shadow up front with the rags all around them (kind of annoying).

I absolutely LOVE the Dark Aeon Wolf though and the Opalescent Horse is amazing as well. If they made a senche mount like this original but with a flashy upgrade --- made it a Plus member only option and for w/e amount of crowns, I think it would become a new fav and they'd sell plenty (as well as plenty of Plus memberships to those not subbed).

With that said, if it ever returns so be it. I'm okay with people enjoying their game, why not??? However, be fair across the board then and not with the most exclusive mount which some people jumped through hoops for in order to make the deadline / time subbed etc..
    Options
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the tiger senche mount as an OG subscriber... but I think that ZOS should re-release it to be available to anyone that wants it. It doesn't offer any in-game advantage.. so why not let players have the mount they like?
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »

but in all this time this was not that bad, hard as on beggining
    we needed to struggle through this long time with very limited space for items than now,
    we had limited options to use our mount, speed or for item capatiry, choose, now we dont need to choose between those stats
    stamina buils literally doesnt exist in those days as for diversity of builds, the way we wanted to play
    and I probably still missed some points not counting bugs....but ok

Oh come on...

I played every day, for several months, at launch.

It was not that awful.

It was a bit buggy, that's all.

A lot of those bugs still exist! :lol:

As I say, I had to leave, in the end, because my laptop couldn't cope - not because it was so awful that almost no one could tolerate it.

The other problems I had with the game, back then, was that there wasn't a Warden class, yet (even though they had said there would be) and also, the way you are forced to move in this game vs somewhere like GW2, or WoW.

The Warden only, finally, materialised 3 years ago (and for most people wouldn't have been a deal breaker) and the way you move is still exactly the same.

You are seriously over-exaggerating both how bad it was then and how much better it is now...

I honestly think ZOS should shut this thread down.

Look guys, I've seen this debate before, and nobody wins.

Believe me, you need to look up the multitude of Cobra Mk IV threads on the Elite Dangerous forum. That ship in that game fulfils a similar reward to the tiger mount discussed here.

That one ship has on its own managed to cause a rift between new and old players that I just think cannot be repaired at this point.

Either Frontier gives everyone the ship and the vets start discussing matters of broken promises, and I distinctly remember one player threatening a legal case if "his" ship if given to new players. (It's a space sim. Believe me, those guys will spend a fortune on pixel ships) Or they don't give in. You'll get cries of unfairness but sticking to the status quo just doesn't hurt the company so is safer.

They need to say that. Then lock the thread. No debates, no pleads. GM has spoken. Elite Dangerous is probably a prime example of the bad that happens when a dev' tries to include players too much. It does not end well. But then, Frontier Developments are the company who runs an MMO where some players have unobtainable gear that is more powerful then what new players can get, because old players literally cried.

Most of us (including the op!) are asking for a tiger.

Not, necessarily, the loyalty tiger.

That is a perfectly reasonable request.

Especially seeing as another mount, that is called a "Tiger", already exists:

jbBSfl7.png

FYoGLvJ.png
    Tenmar Senche-Tiger

It's not the same as asking for a specific spaceship.

Edited by Tigerseye on January 28, 2020 4:22AM
    Options