Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Tiger Mount Request

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    there is a tiger that was a loyalty reward a loooooooong time back - unfortunately it was already confirmed that it wont come back...

rzHIWRqTgxOQ4jkUtcpH.jpg

I want this. It's hard to express how much I want this.

This was a loyalty reward before the game was live on consoles. It would be really nice if console players had the opportunity to get it.

I got this, I also got a pet Monkey and a Dwarven Sphere and an Ice Wraith.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    I used to see that tiger mount about very often.... I literally cannot remember when I last saw it within the last year
    I see that mount quite often but if you want a mount that's like never seen I'd have to go with the original Kagouti mount released back in 2016. I like never see anyone else ride it but me. Kagouti-Mount-Side-1.jpg

Can confirm: I never ride my Kagouti. I do ride my tiger semi-frequently.

Though, to be honest, I don't have my tiger on every character anymore. I used to, but I've moved over to other mounts for some characters. A lot of my alts, and my main do rock it, though.
    Edited by starkerealm on January 27, 2020 10:53AM
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a tiger that was a loyalty reward a loooooooong time back - unfortunately it was already confirmed that it wont come back...

rzHIWRqTgxOQ4jkUtcpH.jpg

This was a loyalty reward before the game was live on consoles. It would be really nice if console players had the opportunity to get it.

I got this, I also got a pet Monkey and a Dwarven Sphere and an Ice Wraith.

The Monkey was a beta pet. The Sphere, Ice Wraith, and the Sheogorath Jester costume were the other three rewards from the loyalty program.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 27, 2020 11:10AM
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used to see that tiger mount about very often.... I literally cannot remember when I last saw it within the last year

I know.

I see it once every three months, if that (and I'm on a lot!).

Time before last was in a group with a guy who had it, who had clearly bought his account, because he couldn't answer any questions associated with the early days of the game, accurately.

I know what it was like, back then, because I played at launch, but sadly had to give up after a few months, mainly because my laptop simply wasn't able to cope, at the time.

Continued to sub, even though I wasn't playing(!), for the full 6 months - never even cancelled it - but, then it failed to renew, automatically.

So, just missed the tiger...

Would be nice to be able to get a slightly different tiger, even if we can't get this specific model, anymore.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    I might be okay with the tiger being available again, BUT only under the same conditions as it was originally. Sub for 300 consecutive days, not available for outright purchase or in the crown crates.

That would be fine by me.

Or they could just provide the one above (or both!).
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    they could get "kinda" around the promise and make the same tiger mount but as a white / snow tiger...so its not the same

You seriously want to justify 'they could get "kinda" around the promise and ...' ?
    Seriously?

daemonios wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »

rzHIWRqTgxOQ4jkUtcpH.jpg

Oh man, you dont want to go down that rabbit hole. I suggested that as well, since ive been subbed for a long while on Xbox and all the PC players here absolutely chewed me out. Like i stepped on their puppy.

If you were here then, you'll remember that the mount, among other things, were one of ZOS' ways of atoning for going back on their word regarding subs and was announced as an exclusive, one time only reward. Giving away the same mount now would show ZOS in a very bad light indeed.

I paid my dues.
    I got my tiger.

Whats next?
    People can say 'But I didn't even know the game existed back then, It's unfair and I want one'?
    Why don't they ask to be a beta-tester, too?

No.

Testing Beta's different to playing at launch.

I both played at launch and have been subbed for about 30 months straight, with no breaks, at this point!

...and that is, obviously, excluding the first 6 months sub I paid for.

But, whatever, I would prefer the Amur, anyway.

Also, you can buy a monkey pet, in a fez (or you could).

So, presumably, no one would mind if they produced a tiger with a garland/corsage on its tack, for example?
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 27, 2020 11:34AM
    Options
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a white version of this for those who have been a subscriber for 5 consecutive years? .....or at least some kind of reward for those who have been supporting the game loyally for a very long time.....
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect Idea - make it available to non-stop eso+ subs over a certain age. Coming up on 3 years, which is -way- longer and more money than any sub was the first year.

As someone who has the coveted tiger I would support it as an unbroken sub award for players who have subbed a year or longer. Honestly I'd like to see them bring back the loyalty sub rewards and hand them out retroactively to those of us who have been supporting the game with subs for a year or more. It wouldn't necessarily need to be mounts but yes, slightly unique pets and costumes would be appreciated.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    How about a white version of this for those who have been a subscriber for 5 consecutive years? .....or at least some kind of reward for those who have been supporting the game loyally for a very long time.....

I don't really want a white one, to be honest.

Think there is one, anyway (and it's not great - looks like it has a goatee).
    Options
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

.....or at least some kind of reward for those who have been supporting the game loyally for a very long time.....there is no white tiger in the game. The only tiger in the game is the one the OP is posting about.

...and I'm still pissed off about how badly ZOS hosed up the cougar mount as well. I was really looking forward to the cougar, but then they put black socks on it for some stupid reason. Never in the history of the world has a cougar had black feet.
    Edited by Cavedog on January 27, 2020 11:47AM
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Already missed it. There was a unique crown gem exclusive senche-raht with tiger stripes a few months ago

Pretty obviously, I would have thought, a Senche-Raht is not a tiger.

Even if it has tiger stripes.

Also, it was hideously overpriced.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 27, 2020 11:56AM
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, well whats the point of announcing this as a loyalty reward back in 2015 (or whatsit) and then 5 years later release it for everyone else who "wasnt as loyal"

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

.....or at least some kind of reward for those who have been supporting the game loyally for a very long time.....there is no white tiger in the game. The only tiger in the game is the one the OP is posting about.

...and I'm still pissed off about how badly ZOS hosed up the cougar mount as well. I was really looking forward to the cougar, but then they put black socks on it for some stupid reason. Never in the history of the world has a cougar had black feet.

There is a white (or whitish) striped Senche - I forget what it's called, though.

It has what looks like a white goatee beard on its chin, lol.

It was available for gems, then for Crowns, for a while.

There is also a, very disappointing, Senche with stripes on its body, but no stripes on its head.

I was stupid enough to buy that one, to try to make-do, but I regret it and will not buy another sub-par, not-quite-a-tiger.

If I can summon the energy, I will try to find out what the white one is called and when I can log back in, I will let you know what the striped-body-only one is called, too.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, maybe the Cougar has black socks (which kind of look like stockings, or thigh high boots!) as a kind of joke reference about the other kind of Cougar?

Just a thought...
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    .there is no white tiger in the game. The only tiger in the game is the one the OP is posting about.

Can't find it, so think you are probably right about the white one and it was actually a large pet, not a mount.

The one with only stripes on its body is the Tenmar Senche-Tiger, though:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tenmar+Senche-Tiger&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ACYBGNQ3p8up1STiCSKQgDs4RnQkmxIYcA:1580127123937&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=VWgDll5Hbp1nJM%3A%2C_MKrcnZHOGQYkM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSV_XNFHuogWzASsXokg6eGfp3v2g&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwio-q-f4KPnAhUxrXEKHdw-BxQQ9QEwAnoECAoQBw#imgrc=GmHipheGSiCkYM:&vet=1

It's not horrible, but it's not a tiger, either.

Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Hmm, well whats the point of announcing this as a loyalty reward back in 2015 (or whatsit) and then 5 years later release it for everyone else who "wasnt as loyal"

What about people who have loyally subbed for way more than 1 year, at this point?

Oh, I know, statuettes... :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I like statuettes, too, but still.
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There hasn't been a white senche tiger mount yet. Only a pet. If they were to do one, I hope it doesn't have the beard.

As echoed by others, if the original striped senche were made available again-even for some other milestone- it would be a slap in the face to all those who stuck out the rough as hell launch where we HAD to pay to play. They've only released one other monkey pet variant in the form of the jester monkey, careful not to tick off the people who participated in the beta way before the game was ever released. So if they were to release some different colored variant of the senche tiger, like a white one, that would be acceptable.
    Edited by ProfessorKittyhawk on January 27, 2020 12:19PM
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As echoed by others, if the original striped senche were made available again-even for some other milestone- it would be a slap in the face to all those who stuck out the rough as hell launch where we HAD to pay to play. They've only released one other monkey pet variant in the form of the jester monkey, careful not to tick off the people who participated in the beta way before the game was ever released. So if they were to release some different colored variant of the senche tiger, like a white one, that would be acceptable.

I wouldn't buy a white one.

I would, on the other hand, be happy with an Amur.

Different model, so presumably, that's OK with you, too?
    Options
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭

rzHIWRqTgxOQ4jkUtcpH.jpg

Yep I use this mount on one of my characters.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    I understand people like the mount and also want it, but if they ever make it available again I would be very, very unhappy. Together with the imagkin monkey it is the only item that shows you were here since the beginning.

Who, exactly, are you trying to show and why, just out of interest?

Also, especially after my experience (above), I just assume most people with it (and there aren't many who even use it, now) just bought their secondhand accounts on eBay (or wherever).

In other words, it doesn't mean anything to me, because I know people do that.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 27, 2020 12:46PM
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit still uses her tiger Nibbles.

Though she could be persuaded easily to use a white tiger for special occasions.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    I might be okay with the tiger being available again, BUT only under the same conditions as it was originally. Sub for 300 consecutive days, not available for outright purchase or in the crown crates.

It didn't have to be consecutive and didn't actually even need to be in the first year. You just had to have paid for 300 days of subscription time by the deadline, which was slightly more than 300 days after the game was released. (I can't remember exactly, I know it had to be more than 300 to allow for all the problems with subs not renewing or free days being given to compensate for the game being offline so much early on, but it was also less than 365 because they game didn't last a full year as pay-to-play.)

I started playing around then and I remember at least a few people bought time cards to add to their account to make up the time, which qualified even though they weren't going to use the subscription time until later. At least one person literally bought a brand new account and 300 days worth of time cards to get the tiger as soon as they started playing. (No it wasn't me, I didn't want a tiger mount enough to spend that kind of money on it.) There was also a lot of pleading with support over exceptions, like someone who had a 6-month subscription and was about to buy another 6 months when they removed that option (because of the upcoming change to what you were paying for) so was unable to buy enough time for the mount. Honesty it felt like a mess at the time and one I was happier staying out of.

Under the current situation to comes to the same thing either way - you had to pay for 300 days of sub time before the deadline, which was within the first year. It doesn't really matter when you bought or used that time. But if they were going to bring the loyalty rewards scheme back I think it should work the same way it used to, rather than adding extra barriers.

(Although buying 300 consecutive days would be much easier now they have an annual renewal option.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire first year of the game rough. That Tiger Senche is the only marker for those of us who stuck it out.

All new titles have bugs, but most studios are actively committed to identifying and correcting them. Not Zeni though, they began the long slog of slapping patches on top of code they didn’t understand, making things worse. As only one example, Patch 1.2.3 gave us recurring periods of single digit FPS, across the board, which persisted for weeks.

The game reviews were terrible, and mostly well earned.

They gave us Craglorn the first year, then announced that they wouldn’t be developing any new content because they were dedicating all resources to the console launch. Then they acknowledged that they were months behind in addressing tickets or troubleshooting bugs because they had everyone focused on console launch instead. And they shut down their Customer Service call center.

There was every appearance of the studio being a rudderless ship. Gina would be given talking points to try and placate us, and then senior leadership would announce something completely opposite of what we’d been told a few weeks earlier.

I understand that to you the tiger is just an attractive mount you want. Understand that to us it is evidence of sticking with the game despite the reasons to move on. A marker of our loyalty, our insanity, our willingness to overlook heaping piles of BS.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perfect Idea - make it available to non-stop eso+ subs over a certain age. Coming up on 3 years, which is -way- longer and more money than any sub was the first year.

No, because they did not just "reward sub loyalty over X months".

They rewarded us for sticking with ZOS uninterruptedly when the times have been the most dire for them.

You really don't want to live another time when ZOS has to promise unique mounts to keep the game running.

Same reasonment applies to the monkey pet below: only given to beta testers, won't release it again.

RKuxtw8.jpg
    Edited by Vahrokh on January 27, 2020 1:05PM
    Options
  • lpw
    lpw
    ✭✭✭
    I have the loyalty tiger and other rewards.. It's still one of my favourite mounts especially due to being seen more and more rarely.

Would support loyalty rewards again though if the conditions were the same as the initial 12 months sub.
    ///// AD Master Race Since 2014 /////

Sindri al'Atreyu | Wood Elf Templar
    Eivii | Wood Elf Nightblade
    Saurmia | High Elf Magicka Templar

PC/EU - Beta Tester
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I currenty have five characters using the loyalty tiger mount. It's my favorite, other than the apex crate mount I saved up 400 gems for back when free crates were more common. And I only have that equipped at the moment on four of my characters, actually. :)
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another reminder (since the first one got lost at the bottom of page 1) that I don't think the OP knew about the subscription reward tiger when they posted this.

Since they specified what it should look and sound like the post reads like someone asking ZOS to create a mount which does not already exist, not asking for one they've already seen (and heard) in-game. I'm a bit worried about the OP coming back to this and finding that a seemingly simple request for a new crown store item has turned into a whole series of people complaining about threats to their proven loyalty to the game.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Another reminder (since the first one got lost at the bottom of page 1) that I don't think the OP knew about the subscription reward tiger when they posted this.

Since they specified what it should look and sound like the post reads like someone asking ZOS to create a mount which does not already exist, not asking for one they've already seen (and heard) in-game. I'm a bit worried about the OP coming back to this and finding that a seemingly simple request for a new crown store item has turned into a whole series of people complaining about threats to their proven loyalty to the game.

mainly because other players started willing just for this mount and so other started to answering not even reading carefully what OP wrote as main topic of this thread :|
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

No, because they did not just "reward sub loyalty over X months".

They rewarded us for sticking with ZOS uninterruptedly when the times have been the most dire for them.

You really don't want to live another time when ZOS has to promise unique mounts to keep the game running.

Same reasonment applies to the monkey pet below: only given to beta testers, won't release it again.

RKuxtw8.jpg

This one has the monkey pet - he participated in the first few betas and found the game lacking. And he also has noted that, despite the rarity of the beta monkey, they released another monkey via crownstore (the jester monkey). So, so much for beta testers.

And so it should be with tiger mount. Change the skin somewhat perhaps, but release a pure tiger senche mount.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
    Options