The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO BEST ZONE COMPETITION TETRAFINALS ROUND 2 - VOTE'S CLOSED

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's perpetual winter vs. perpetual summer in the second fight of the Tetrafinals! Who will have a season unending: Wrothgar or Summerset? YOU DECIDE!

The lineup and current standing of all contenders can be found here, so people can keep track of the overall action.

Each of these bouts will last two days, so this one ends around noon CST (5pm UTC) on January 25th. FIIIIGHT!
Edited by Saucy_Jack on January 25, 2020 6:43PM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.

ESO BEST ZONE COMPETITION TETRAFINALS ROUND 2 - VOTE'S CLOSED 203 votes

Wrothgar
49%
GalenLonePirateFaulgorTryxusGythralixieDarkstornenwilliams2107b16_ESOZephiran23Yukon2112MalthorneCloudtraderDjennkuBergisMacBrideAhzekEdziuagegartoncyclonus11WldKardeEnemy-of-Coldharbour 101 votes
Summerset
50%
chefmudge_ESOvailjohn_ESODaveMoeDeeGeekgirlssewallb14_ESOAelorinSoupDragonanitajoneb17_ESOLoves_guarsTavore1138hondelinkWowJoanOfOrcOlauronHidesFromSunJenziSilverwillowpieratsosRagnaroek93peacenote 102 votes
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Best zone for aesthetic reasons and content. It was a true expansion, not like Summerset watered dlc.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    My favourite DLC of any Elder Scrolls game, period.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Wrothgar, to me, is like the ESO zone equivalent of an epic Power Metal song, that makes you feel like standing on the top of a cliff, sword raised, hair blowing in the wind... it's awesome, plain and simple.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Summerset broke my heart more than Wrothgar did on the same subject, still the best chapter up to date.
    A lot of people will disagree, 'cuz high fantasy and not glass and insect-wings, but well.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Wrothgar is one of my favourite DLC's and is one of the best done zones I think, but Summerset is just beautiful!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Summerset is a beautiful snooze fest. So easy pick for breathtaking snowy mountains.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 23, 2020 8:07PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    I know it's early into the comp, but I'm kindof surprised at these results! Summerset is my absolute favorite zone
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Wrothgar. No Altmer, enough said.
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Best zone in the game
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Didn't we already have this round?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    we already had this round I think.

Anyway, summerset for visuals, wrothgar for it not being another friggin world ending plotline and the amount of content added compared to its price.
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 23, 2020 8:26PM
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Michae wrote: »

The last round Wrothgar was in was when it won against Northern Elsweyr, and Summerset won against Craglorn respectively, so we couldn't have had this match-up already. Probably just feels that way because we're seeing the same zones over again sooner and sooner.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's early into the comp

We've done like...30 fights already :#
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Best zone - winter and summer, VMA, lots of nodes, great world bosses, orsinimer glories, good main quest, great public dungeons.

Only bad thing about it is layout of wrothgar main town with trade posts being so far away from wayshrine and having to walk through doors to crafting stations and vault
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    I know it's early into the comp

We've done like...30 fights already :#

I meant this vote specifically XD
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Wrothgar hands down best zone in the game period.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    I don’t care what this pull ends with, Summerset in ESO is my favorite thing that’s ever been in a video game. It’s the reason I bought this game.

I was really hoping for a Summerset vs Vvardenfell finale. Wrothgar’s always just been kinda meh for me. I love Orsinium as a city, it’s top 5, and I like VMA, but as a whole it didn’t do so much for me.

Summerset? I’ve played the main quest 4 times and still ache to go back!
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Wrothgar >
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    I don't know why everyone likes Wrohtgar so much, but I'm happy that you are happy.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summerset
    I wrote a long comment for Summerset the last time it came up. All those reasons still apply.

But also, perpetual summer always wins, for sure!!
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summerset
    Summerset is the peak of beauty for me
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven’t played Summerset yet. I finished the main quest in Vvardenfell only, so I can go to CWC, and now that I’m done I’m starting Summerset finally.

I don’t like orcs, but I don’t like Altmer either... I’m going to abstain from this one.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Most beautiful zone in the entire game.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    I don't know why everyone likes Wrohtgar so much, but I'm happy that you are happy.

Wrothgar has SNOW!!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    The beauty of Summerset!
    i9qPFp1.jpg
    89eCW1u.jpg
    72CgV8H.jpg
    Those family scenes are very touching and appropriate for the land.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Ah, beautiful land of Snootyset where you can feel as unwelcome as possible! Nope, I choose snow, orcs and echateres
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar

The last round Wrothgar was in was when it won against Northern Elsweyr, and Summerset won against Craglorn respectively, so we couldn't have had this match-up already. Probably just feels that way because we're seeing the same zones over again sooner and sooner.

I think I got it mixed up with Auridon vs Wrothgar. My bad.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar

I think I got it mixed up with Auridon vs Wrothgar. My bad.

Well, Auridon does belong to the Summerset Isles, and visually they're pretty close, so it's really not that far off. :)

• Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Summerset. Which is a surprise, but for me the bright and sunny was a happy change from the feel of a lot of the other zones.

I also enjoyed the fishing in Summerset. I like the idea of finding more than just fish and wish they would incorporate things like that in more zones.
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    I think Wrothgar had a better main questline, better sets, and the glory of Maelstrom Arena, so I have to give it respect. Summerset had much more diverse terrain though, and gave me a sense of tranquility. Also the House of Revelries quest did make me cry. I'd rather live in Summerset, so judging by the zone itself and not its content, Summerset wins in my book.
    Sorry! 😬
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.