The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Gist of the German twitch stream where Rich Lambert gave more Detailed Information for the Year.

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Not all this information is in order but comes from this interview where Rich gave more information on things.

The chapter upper part will be smaller then Elswyer but the Blackreach region will add more. So there will be more to explore even if map is smaller compared to last years chapter.

They have not updated the vampire models.

Vampires feeding will be more like Blade of woe in terms of the various feeding animations.
Undeath passive is still part of the Vampire Skill Line.
Vampires are getting three new abilties.

Death Hounds will use the wolf mount movement set. But will have it own unique model and everything.

Going what Rich hinted and said when asked about the Mysterious Parchment. The Witches do seem to be the Primary Threat of the year and the reason for the various issues going on around Western Skyrim. We have found out what the red markers and black marker on the Mysterious parchment map represent. The red markers are are not entrances to Blackreach but the locations where the witches are doing their various bad stuff aka the Harrowing stuff or whatever they are doing. The Black Symbol is the Entrance to Black Reach.

The antiquities system was built so it would be easier to update and its something that might be added onto and expanded so its not just a one time thing. Its more about doing non combat while also being about adding new lore. So I think the system was built for more roleplaying value and lore exploration. So I'd expect it to be updated like they do with Housing.

Housing limit when at max furnishings and everything the way it is now. Can cause players to crash so until that is fixed or whatever they won't be updating the furnishing limit till they can get performance and the issues taken care of.

Antiquities might be the first step to a possible tavern games system. But that isn't in the works but could be its something Rich wants to do.
Undaunted ultimate is on the backburner but might come when they rework the champion system in the combat performance or whatever update they are doing.
Guild features are on the road map and we might find out more about them in the second part of the year.
Daedric summoning might be looked into but if they do that for the Daedric summoning they might have to look into doing it with the Warden Bear.
Furnishings are going to be more spread out instead of all released at once so people are not overwhelmed with them. So spread out more across the dlcs and chapters.

Whiterun isn't going to be done this year as its location is more East outside the borders of Western Skyrim. So that leaves basically just Solitude and Morthal Region both being added with the Chapter and the Reach Forth Quarter.

Vampire abilties are going to be like the Necromancers where some can do a bounty and others will not give a bounty. Being a Werewolf and turning into one will give a bounty they are also being added to the System. Only difference is all werewolf abilities will grant a bounty. While the vampires will not going by what they said. Because of the fact Werewolf is an ultimate.

Since Vampires have always been more superior and better and given the way players feel. Lightening the mood by posting this meme right here or darkening it as it is after all the dark heart of Skyrim. Its more of a joke so its just meant light heartily though Hopefully they will improve werewolves. Other then that that is the gist of it. If I forgot to include anything that was talked about please post that down below.
3mtpuq.jpg

Edited by Thevampirenight on January 22, 2020 10:57PM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antiquities might be the first step to a possible tavern games system.

What? Is that some kind of another money sink. :#

Daedric summoning might be looked into but if they do that for the Daedric summoning they might have to look into doing it with the Warden Bear.

2023 I guess :D Flapper stays.

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »

It was more of a question that Rich Answered. It is something he would like to do. Antiquities system could maybe lead to adding in various Tavern activities like Games. I think the Tavern games would be more social and roleplay based thing if they do add those in. I doubt it would be Monetized. Depends on what they want to add in so I don't know if it will be added in or not. But its more likely then Spellcrafting in my opinion at this point.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 22, 2020 5:33AM
    PC NA
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not all this information is in order but comes from this interview where Rich gave more information on things.

The chapter upper part will be smaller then Elswyer but the Blackreach region will add more. So there will be more to explore even if map is smaller compared to last years chapter.

Vampires feeding will be more like Blade of woe in terms of the various feeding animations.

Death Hounds will use the wolf mount movement set. But will have it own unique model and everything.

Witches seem to be the Main Enemy and the reason for the various issues going on around Western Skyrim. We have found out what the red markers and black marker on the Mysterious parchment map represent. The red markers are are not entrances to blackreach but the locations where the witches are doing their various bad stuff aka the Harrowing stuff or whatever they are doing. The Black Symbol is the Entrance to Black Reach.

The antiquities system was built so it would be easier to update and its something that might be added onto and expanded so its not just a one time thing. Its more about doing non combat while also being about adding new lore. So I think the system was built for more roleplaying value and lore exploration. So I'd expect it to be updated like they do with Housing.

Housing limit when at max furnishings and everything the way it is now. Can cause players to crash so until that is fixed or whatever they won't be updating the furnishing limit till they can get performance and the issues taken care of.

Antiquities might be the first step to a possible tavern games system. But that isn't in the works but could be its something Rich wants to do.
    Undaunted ultimate is on the backburner but might come when they rework the champion system in the combat performance or whatever update they are doing.
    Guild features are on the road map and we might find out more about them in the second part of the year.
    Furnishings are going to be more spread out instead of all released at once so there is more then a thousand new things.
    Whiterun isn't going to be done this year as that is more East or Eastern Skyrim outside the borders of Western Skyrim. So that leaves basically just Solitude and Morthal Region and the Reach.

Vampire abilties are going to be like the Necromancers where some can do a bounty and others will not give a bounty. Being a Werewolf and turning into one will give a bounty they are also being added to the System. Only difference is all werewolf abilities will grant a bounty. While the vampires will not going by what they said. Because of the fact Werewolf is an ultimate.

Since Vampires have always been more superior and better and given the way players feel. Lighten the mood by posting this meme right here or darken it as it is after all the dark heart of Skyrim. Its more of a joke so its just meant light heartily though Hopefully they will improve werewolves. Other then that that is the gist of it. If I forgot to include anything that was talked about please post that down below.
    3mtpuq.jpg

Hopefully you mean three new abilities plus ultimate in terms of what's coming for vampire?

Also even though he only said they were adding 3 abilities, that doesn't rule out the possibility of them changing around drain and mist form a bit, right? As long as they remain a drain and "mist" ability.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

Witches seem to be the Main Enemy and the reason for the various issues going on around Western Skyrim. We have found out what the red markers and black marker on the Mysterious parchment map represent. The red markers are are not entrances to blackreach but the locations where the witches are doing their various bad stuff aka the Harrowing stuff or whatever they are doing. The Black Symbol is the Entrance to Black Reach.

Furnishings are going to be more spread out instead of all released at once so there is more then a thousand new things.
    Whiterun isn't going to be done this year as that is more East or Eastern Skyrim outside the borders of Western Skyrim. So that leaves basically just Solitude and Morthal Region and the Reach.

Since Vampires have always been more superior and better and given the way players feel. Lighten the mood by posting this meme right here or darken it as it is after all the dark heart of Skyrim. Its more of a joke so its just meant light heartily though Hopefully they will improve werewolves. Other then that that is the gist of it. If I forgot to include anything that was talked about please post that down below.
    3mtpuq.jpg

Hopefully you mean three new abilities plus ultimate in terms of what's coming for vampire?

Also even though he only said they were adding 3 abilities, that doesn't rule out the possibility of them changing around drain and mist form a bit, right? As long as they remain a drain and "mist" ability.

I don't know on that they might have mentioned something about those abilties remaining how they are but I didn't catch every detail in the Stream I would have to rewatch the part where Rich comes on because I sure cannot understand German. Thankfully Rich Doesn't know German either. They had to translate for the German audience what Rich had to say.
    PC NA
  • j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing this info
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    j3crow wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing this info

Your Welcome.
    PC NA
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

3mtpuq.jpg

I don't know on that they might have mentioned something about those abilties remaining how they are but I didn't catch every detail in the Stream I would have to rewatch the part where Rich comes on because I sure cannot understand German. Thankfully Rich Doesn't know German either. They had to translate for the German audience what Rich had to say.

Oooh, nice! I'm just going to hope they don't mean those abilities will stay the same unless they specifically tell us. Saying that we're getting 3 new abilities doesnt rule out them working on drain and mist I think.

It just means we're going to keep a drain ability and something involving a mist form.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for posting this. More information is always good to know.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i also hope they overhaul the existing vampire actives and passives...would also be nice to get some stamina friendly morphs
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add tavern games they should just build in Elder Scrolls Legends into ESO or something. I've never played it so don't know if it's good but I'm assuming it has more depth than whatever mini game they would come up with.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for posting all this info :)

Wolf part is rather sad for me :/ I really hoped for sabre cat movement (death hounds look muscular, and the movement of sabre cat would be perfect for them). Or some new unique movement, which is still canine but different...

On this site I've found large pictures of the mount and pet. Pet looks awesome, but I'm unsure how I feel about the mount version, especially with usual wolf animations :'(

https://www.zing.cz/novinky/96110827/the-elder-scrolls-online-obohati-velke-mnozstvi-obsahu/
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I love my Flapper!
    Maybe add better texture, maybe add the ability to give her a costume.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have not updated the vampire models

That's really disappointing... I was hoping they would change it to be pale instead of white :/. I guess I'll keep hoping for a skin to fix it then.

Thank you for the information, very interesting.

PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yes to tavern games. This stuff makes the world feel more alive.
  • Vanathil
    Vanathil
    ✭✭✭

Rich: Antiquities might be the first step to a possible tavern games system.
    Me: Care for a round of gwent?
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a very hard time believing the bit on the furnishing limit crashing.I haven't ever seen anything remotely close.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a very hard time believing the bit on the furnishing limit crashing.I haven't ever seen anything remotely close.

He was talking about when people had max of the limit already put into place. That it can't really handle it at times. From what I gathered from watching it. Might be an issue with some folks. Maybe not all of them.
    PC NA
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He was talking about when people had max of the limit already put into place. That it can't really handle it at times. From what I gathered from watching it. Might be an issue with some folks. Maybe not all of them.

Honestly my housing setups are pretty intensive.Especially around the target dummies.An environment I do try to replicate in order to train for lag.And yes They are if not at limit very close to.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Honestly my housing setups are pretty intensive.Especially around the target dummies.An environment I do try to replicate in order to train for lag.And yes They are if not at limit very close to.
    What are you playing on though? This game needs to run on the base versions of the Xbox One and PS4, and older PC hardware. Maybe with Jaguar CPUs the current limit is pushing things on their engine.

Shame to hear that the overland content is smaller than Elsweyr. ESO's expansions have always been smaller than the competition's (WoW expansions tend to be cheaper, add four or more zones, and new gameplay mechanics...) so I was kinda hoping ZOS would strive to make their Chapters larger or at least reduce the cost :neutral:
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Daedric summoning might be looked into but if they do that for the Daedric summoning they might have to look into doing it with the Warden Bear."

OMG I'm hoping the Bears get huge flappy wings also! And get renamed into Bearriffons.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on January 22, 2020 10:06PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If ZOS are aware that too many furnishings in one place could be an issue and that's why they set the limits they should have set that limit low enough that no one will see the issue, or at least it would be a rare problem for players on low end machines.

But you can see the same effect in any game which lets you add objects. Sims is an easy example, fill every square in a lot with objects (animated ones ideally, for this), turn off pause and you'll get a hell of a lot of lag even on a good machine. On a bad one it could crash the whole PC. (I learned that the hard way.) And that's an off-line, single player game with only your own computer affecting things.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

If ZOS are aware that too many furnishings in one place could be an issue and that's why they set the limits they should have set that limit low enough that no one will see the issue, or at least it would be a rare problem for players on low end machines.

But you can see the same effect in any game which lets you add objects. Sims is an easy example, fill every square in a lot with objects (animated ones ideally, for this), turn off pause and you'll get a hell of a lot of lag even on a good machine. On a bad one it could crash the whole PC. (I learned that the hard way.) And that's an off-line, single player game with only your own computer affecting things.

Well so many people work so hard on their homes by doing that they would have to remove furnishings from those homes or place them into the editor. There would be quite the uproar over it. But not everyone goes to the max when it comes to furnishings so it might not be as big of an issue. But maybe it can be if there is to many houses that reach the threshold I wonder if this is also accounts for the stupid limit on how many pets you can have in your house. If the reason for that was for performance reasons. They could reduce the limit on future houses. But I think they might be trying not to ruin so many peoples unique work by reducing it as well.
    PC NA
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

I love my Flapper!
    Maybe add better texture, maybe add the ability to give her a costume.

The flapper issue really is the size of it, considering the wings are 2.5 meters in diameter. And flapping sound
    I'm not going to argue with you, the beauty is in the eye of beholder, but really, the better solution would be small watcher that silently hover next you.
    I know that Watcher was introduced to crown store as premium pet, so we ae not going to see that change, but well, that is the problem with those RL money shops, due to greediness they shovel anything there so you don't have much options to add something cool in-game.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be a stupid question but does anybody know if the antiquities get their own equip slot? I briefly read about them and how they're apparently 1-piece sets (lol sets) and so I'm wondering if we have to tinker our builds to fit them in or if this is just something we slap on top in a new slot (preferable.)
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but does anybody know if the antiquities get their own equip slot? I briefly read about them and how they're apparently 1-piece sets (lol sets) and so I'm wondering if we have to tinker our builds to fit them in or if this is just something we slap on top in a new slot (preferable.)

No additional slots, if you want it, you will need to replace it with one of your current armor items.
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this info. All of it sounds pretty good, to be honest. Looking forward to the chapter.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wonder what that means? Turning them into timed pets like necro's? Nerfing them? Making them illegal action in cities? Adding skins to pets?

Edited by Anhedonie on January 23, 2020 12:25AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

I wonder what that means? Turning them into timed pets like necro's? Nerfing them? Making them illegal action in cities? Adding skins to pets?

skins and reworks of models I do believe, since we whine (including me) about sorc pets on the forum on regular basis.
    I don't think that they would rework skill line.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »

No additional slots, if you want it, you will need to replace it with one of your current armor items.

Damn, that's painful.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but I don't see any way they'll be able to put these in the game in a way that makes them as desirable as having a 5/5/2 build... but we'll see.

I read their "example" of 20% movement speed out of combat and 10% in... and frankly if that's their general line, I can't see that ever being viable.

I guess we'll see.
    Edited by lagrue on January 23, 2020 12:31AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • SjornParadox52
    SjornParadox52
    ✭✭✭

Going what Rich hinted and said when asked about the Mysterious Parchment. The Witches do seem to be the Primary Threat of the year and the reason for the various issues going on around Western Skyrim. We have found out what the red markers and black marker on the Mysterious parchment map represent. The red markers are are not entrances to Blackreach but the locations where the witches are doing their various bad stuff aka the Harrowing stuff or whatever they are doing. The Black Symbol is the Entrance to Black Reach.

Furnishings are going to be more spread out instead of all released at once so people are not overwhelmed with them. So spread out more across the dlcs and chapters.

Whiterun isn't going to be done this year as its location is more East outside the borders of Western Skyrim. So that leaves basically just Solitude and Morthal Region both being added with the Chapter and the Reach Forth Quarter.

Since Vampires have always been more superior and better and given the way players feel. Lightening the mood by posting this meme right here or darkening it as it is after all the dark heart of Skyrim. Its more of a joke so its just meant light heartily though Hopefully they will improve werewolves. Other then that that is the gist of it. If I forgot to include anything that was talked about please post that down below.
    3mtpuq.jpg

So all werewolf abilities will result in bounties should you be spotted while transformed while vampires don't have as much abilities that result in bounties?