Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

‘Mythic’ gear

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    I think it is unnecessary.
    It is power creep.

They are in the middle of re-balancing the whole game balance eco-system. So if they all of the sudden add new variables (Ultra powerful 1pc set that is so strong, you only can have 1 equipped) it will ruin their efforts to balance stuff out.

For example, during presentation, they mentioned a Ring that will double your movement speed, and if you are not in combat, you will be moving even faster. This CAN NOT end well in Cyro and competitive PvP, Battlegrounds, or even PvE end-game speed runs etc.

If it will be too strong (and they mentioned it will be account bound, so no trading) - it will be a P2W as access to it will be locked behind chapter.

I think its balanced.

I mean.

You can't have Double run speed out of combat when the game never lets you leave combat. B)
    High speed out of combat might works well, would be very nice for farming.
    Yes, it would be strong in PvP to like in scroll runs or for an ganker. However it would make the stuck in combat more annoying.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Well from what they said in the stream there is one that doubles your movement speed outside of combat and rises it 50% in combat, for PvP that will be absolutely broken.

There is a 100% speed cap in place, which is already really easy to reach ...
    So unless this bypasses the speed cap it is pointless/useless.
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
    Options
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is either going to create new metas or they will be treated like heirloom items from WoW
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    Well from what they said in the stream there is one that doubles your movement speed outside of combat and rises it 50% in combat, for PvP that will be absolutely broken.

Getting to speedcap with 100% uptime and prety much no investment is most definitely not pointless and useless. And if that is the standard of what all the other stuff is going to look like well it will most likely going to be absolutely broken.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because major expedition, steed, and 2 switft jewelry pieces in one set piece is totally pointless/useless
    Options
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Getting to speedcap with 100% uptime and prety much no investment is most definitely not pointless and useless. And if that is the standard of what all the other stuff is going to look like well it will most likely going to be absolutely broken.

My farmer uses this set up:

Orc 10%
    Fiord's 15%
    7 medium 21%
    2 gold swift jewels 12%
    Windrunning 2%
    Sprint 40%

If you aren't an Orc then you can use Coward's (30%) or Jaibreaker (10%) with Fiord's and ditch the swift jewellery and still be over speed cap.
    Like I said it is really easy to hit the 100% speed cap.

Edit: and that's not counting skills that give major/minor expedition
    Edited by Hamish999 on January 17, 2020 4:54PM
    PC-EU

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Orc 10%
    Fiord's 15%
    7 medium 21%
    2 gold swift jewels 12%
    Windrunning 2%
    Sprint 40%

If you aren't an Orc then you can use Coward's (30%) or Jaibreaker (10%) with Fiord's and ditch the swift jewellery and still be over speed cap.

Except what you described isnt easy tho. Thats the whole point. You built for speed. Now imagine every build having that speed with extremely minimal investment.
    Options
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Orc 10%
    Fiord's 15%
    7 medium 21%
    2 gold swift jewels 12%
    Windrunning 2%
    Sprint 40%

Except what you described isnt easy tho. Thats the whole point. You built for speed. Now imagine every build having that speed with extremely minimal investment.

But losing a 5 piece or 2 piece bonus ...
    Edited by Hamish999 on January 17, 2020 5:24PM
    PC-EU

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
    Options
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    mmm amulet of inmortality!!! i would gladly lose a piece of equipment for that
    Edited by Maxx7410 on January 17, 2020 5:28PM
    Options
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fear of change without even understanding the change is pointless.
    Options
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how many of them will there be and how we will get them ?
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since only one piece can be worn at a time, and as they mentioned a Jewellery and a piece of Armour. I surmise that they will have items that can be placed in every slot (using one piece only). So to be useful the items need to be very powerful or fit a very needed and unique endeavor to be used. As they will most likely remove some aspect of a existing set bonus that you are using.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Ikr, the stuff hasn't even come on pts yet and we already have whiners. It's like... c'mon. Seriously?
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A couple of points:

First, the antiquities aren't all going to be gear. They mentioned furnishings and mementos, even a mount (iirc). So, I'm guessing only a handful would be gear pieces.

Second, the way these are obtained is through a couple of mini-games: Scrying, to find the area where the antiquity is, and excavation, to uncover the artifact. I also recall them mentioning a skill line that you could progress, though I may have misheard. They clearly stated that this was another thing to do in the game, at your own pace. Though, I suppose some players will feel the need to grind it out to get to the good pieces (if there is some sort of progression as to the quality of the items you can find).

There will be lots of things to collect outside of mythic gear, so it sounds to me like there are only going to be a handful of mythic gear pieces that will more than likely not get used much, as they're wanting to provide a way for a broader spectrum of players to get their hands on some powerful gear (so, possibly, these could be good stopgap pieces for players still farming gear or more for casual players that aren't interested in running trials/dungeons). Thus, potentially, many players will just stick to their solid 5,5,2 setups, though I'm certain players will be creative enough to theorycraft builds to successfully include mythic gear.

But I do agree that balance will be an issue. The mythic pieces need to be good enough that players will want to use them - either in certain situations or for unique builds or as stopgaps. But, they must not be OP. I do see the potential to unbalance the game with these, so they need to be careful.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 17, 2020 6:04PM
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it’ll be GREAT. I’m already wearing 1 Domihaus, 1 whatever. Just need to grind or craft head and shoulders of all the 5 piece sets I wear just in case they don’t add a slot for it. Ez pz!
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have any info on this ‘Mythic’ gear availability ? If it will be trial only then well... Lets just say that it will be kinda a waste...
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we have any info on this ‘Mythic’ gear availability ? If it will be trial only then well... Lets just say that it will be kinda a waste...

Mythic gear will drop in the Antiquities system. Which is apparently a new sort of treasure map type spot with an excavation mini game.
    Options
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, Mythic gear is a buffer towards rebalancing. Think of it like this:

You have 14 equipment slots (7 armor, 3 jewelry, 2 and 2 weapon). The current meta is to go 5-5-2 (weapon), or 2 (monster helm)-5-5. Or some combination that may still net you a full set on the backbar, but a Maelstrom weapon on your front. The (3) sets aren't really worth going 3-3-3-5 except in niche/PvP situations.

So, Mythic gear finally allows: 2-Piece Monster Helm Set, 5-Piece Armor, 3-Piece Armor (like only for minor Slayer/Aegis, 1 Mythic Gear, and another 3-Piece Armor (such as one of the PvP sets, maybe even Potentates). You could also go 5-Piece Armor x2, 1 Mythic, and a 3-Piece Armor. That could be 2 full sets, (3) just for Minor Slayer/Aegis, and still have a piece of Mythic Gear. That's going to open up a bazillion combinations (unless it's very, very clear which Mythic pieces become "BiS").

Hopefully that wasn't confusing to read... I'm stoked for the Mythic Gear system. Imagine 1-2 pieces of Mythic gear per zone. How many zones are there? 33! So that's 33-66+ pieces of potential gear. That's nuts!
    Options
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I’m kind of looking forward to this depending how it goes — I typically run a 5/5/2, or I run the same thing either front barring or back barring something, depends on the set, 7th legion I back bar for example, buff to proc, then switch to front bar Asylum/Masters/BRP/Maelstrom. Hopefully I’ll still be able to do this.
    Options
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe make the mythic item automatically count towards its set group (weapon+jewelry, armor, monster-set)?

That way the item would be powerful, flexible, and the item's own ability could be a fun gimmick like fast running out of combat without directly affect combat performance.
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can already see Speedy Scroll runners using the rings
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    Runefang wrote: »

Ikr, the stuff hasn't even come on pts yet and we already have whiners. It's like... c'mon. Seriously?

Don't worry they'll get it nerfed before it even hits pts
    Options
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a 12 piece armor set? Only craftable with unique materials needed to craft, obtained from all aspects of the game. Pvp, raids, dungeons, overland, and writs.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think (or I hope they are not) like arena weapons. I think they should offer more niche benefits and never be something that could end up meta.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    So its just like an arena weapon, just on your armor slots, wow how creative, I wonder how they came up with that.
    10/10 original gameplay design, 100% worth spending 50$ for that and its definitly not gonna get boring after a week.
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
    Options
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not p2w if you earn it in game lmfao
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »

I assume they say that because you have to pay for the expansion or you are cut off from it. P2W comes up every expansion with new classes and skill lines.

Personally, I consider this a B2P game, not F2P, so don't see the expansion problem here (And I'm pretty hard on zos for any P2W crap). But some players do think of it that way.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They didn't elaborate much on anything, so I'm still very skeptical about the whole Antiquities system until I see it in action. It sounds very open to terrible RNG with mostly terrible rewards like dailies and treasure maps are now. Mount reward is very nice, but it will probably have no special effects like crown crate stuff has. IF (very big IF) Mythic gear includes its own bonus on top of an existing gear set piece, then mythic gear might be interesting. However if mythic pieces are just generic 1-piece gear "sets" by themselves (like Prophet pieces), then I don't think they will be very useful or interesting imo. I kinda worry that speed-bonus-out-of-combat will probably be abused by bot farmers depending on how easy it is to acquire.
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »

It’s their lazy way of saying it is hidden behind a PayWall...which well is Always the case with new additions
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on January 17, 2020 9:01PM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Orc 10%
    Fiord's 15%
    7 medium 21%
    2 gold swift jewels 12%
    Windrunning 2%
    Sprint 40%

But losing a 5 piece or 2 piece bonus ...

Or you are getting another 5 piece worth of bonus with only one piece of gear on top of ur 5 and 2 piece bonuses if u build it right.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 17, 2020 11:31PM
    Options