Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 15

‘Mythic’ gear

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is unnecessary.
    It is power creep.

They are in the middle of re-balancing the whole game balance eco-system. So if they all of the sudden add new variables (Ultra powerful 1pc set that is so strong, you only can have 1 equipped) it will ruin their efforts to balance stuff out.

For example, during presentation, they mentioned a Ring that will double your movement speed, and if you are not in combat, you will be moving even faster. This CAN NOT end well in Cyro and competitive PvP, Battlegrounds, or even PvE end-game speed runs etc.

If it will be too strong (and they mentioned it will be account bound, so no trading) - it will be a P2W as access to it will be locked behind chapter.
    Options
  • bulcke10
    bulcke10
    ✭✭✭
    Is the mystic gear a extra gear slot? Or it replace another 5piece or 2 piece bonus?
    Options
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m already thinking about how I could misuse it

30% speed increase in cyrodill anyone?
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt there will be class specific Mythic items. I expect them to be exactly like Arena weapons with special buffs to kinds of combat everyone has access too (maybe like Light and Heavy attacks restore both resources etc.).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I get a new body slot for it then great! Don’t like the idea of having to farm gear around a belt or head piece etc....
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's baffling to me is that they'd add a new source of bonuses before they finish the rework of the CP system.

Or is that just never going to happen?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danara wrote: »
    Eliahnus wrote: »
    Well then i hope they add an extra slot for this item, or its the end of having 2 sets and monster set...

I think it's more the contrary : if there is no additional slot, the new items will never be used - or only in very specific conditions - nobody will give up there monster set or 5-set bonus.

But what about monster? As a PVE healer i feel like mine is useless in most of the case...

Bogdan is overhealing (in most of the case, not because of the heal output which is fine, but because people do not take any damage or get one shoted), Symphony of blade cant proc enough to be good (in trial) and earthgore is just bad in pve

100% agree.
    Monster healng set are useless in most situation.
    Only Symph is great in 4man, in raid everything suck.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am very intrigued by this system. One the one hand; it could lead to some interesting and unique builds. On the other hand; "unique" could come at the cost of build-effectiveness, as you have to sacrifice a 5-piece or monster bonus to get it.

I really hope this system works out, as it does sound really good on paper.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope all those mythic items will end up in the "for (e)RP only" pile.

Having to do Psijic grind on top of vMA RNG for BiS gear is not going to be fun.
    Options
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wont be too strong because people will scream PTW.

Just more junk.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I presume that the jewelry item they described was NOT called "Ring of Blinding Speed"? :)
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyhow, we may come to regret deconning head and shoulder pieces of 5-piece sets we run.
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single piece monster set.
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well from what they said in the stream there is one that doubles your movement speed outside of combat and rises it 50% in combat, for PvP that will be absolutely broken.
    Edited by L_Nici on January 17, 2020 12:28PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Well from what they said in the stream there is one that doubles your movement speed outside of combat and rises it 50% in combat, for PvP that will be absolutely broken.

Imagine that in battlegrounds!

In several of the game types an extra 50% speed boost is basically an 'I win' button.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup...pretty much what I expected from the announcement...

Release Broken Concept...Spend 6 months fixing it to make it useless
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a feeble attempt at vertical progession they should not do this until they re do CP. If they would have designed the game from the beginning with some logical concepts . Instead they gave into casual care bears that wanted a level playing field .so they could get everything with out having to put effort or skill towards the game.now we have a game with very little retention and swathes of new players churning through the game world.
    Options
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    I love how noones discussing the fact that in order to have mythica you'll have to give up either a 5 set bonus, monster set bonus or arena weapon set bonus.

Another useless gear system lol. Unless... They actually make them insanely stronger to compensate.

Yeah it sounds really interesting but also probably horrible in practice. I mean who is gonna give up a 5pc unless the combat version of mythic items are extremely op. Its just gonna be used as utility / messing around in overland. Meh.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well then i hope they add an extra slot for this item, or its the end of having 2 sets and monster set...
    Tail armor :)
    Realistically I guess 5+3+2+1 leaving one extra item.
    Or if the mystic item is an helmet or shoulder 5+5+1+1

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Tail armor :)
    Realistically I guess 5+3+2+1 leaving one extra item.
    Or if the mystic item is an helmet or shoulder 5+5+1+1

U know that u can use mythic anywhere and just complete one of the 5 pieces with a shoulder piece right?
    Options
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    5cript wrote: »
    The way I understood it, they're like arena weaps, but from casual content and not just weaps: 1 piece powerful items.

Might allow to trade a 5 piece set bonus for a different effect.
    But what I wonder: how long do I have to grind to get the one I want? 5, 10, 20, 100 hours?

Exactly my thought. I hope they just allow an Antiquity Artifact separate slot. Having to shuffle around great builds just to try and compensate something super minor and not used too often doesn't sound fun. It sounds tiresome. Something that adds to the gameplay and journey experience in tandem with the sets/builds I've crafted and polished?? Take my money if you do it that way.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it odd that the one they mentioned adds speed after they nerfed swift due to all the issues it caused. TBH; they should have reduced the speed cap as it has amazing defense built in just due to server location sync issues.

And the item that restores magicka when you block hopefully is a shield so you dont have frost staff, permablockers.
    Options
  • ArzyeL
    ArzyeL
    ✭✭✭
    I love the idea of Mythic items. They will have to be balanced properly but i think they will add some flavor to builds.
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I find it odd that the one they mentioned adds speed after they nerfed swift due to all the issues it caused. TBH; they should have reduced the speed cap as it has amazing defense built in just due to server location sync issues.

And the item that restores magicka when you block hopefully is a shield so you dont have frost staff, permablockers.

It's a chest piece, according to Rich. And if I had to guess, they'll make sure what you said don't happen
    Options
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »

Just more junk.

Except people aren't paying for it?
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly think its targeted at a casual crowd.

For raids, they need to sell power in the form of 5 set bonuses.
    For dungeons, they need to sell power in the form of monster sets.
    For Arena, they need to sell power in the form of weapons. This one has the most variance though as it upgrades a specific ability.

Overland gear in most releases are 90% ignored <The most used overland set in endgame still comes from the base game at least for Mag PvE>. So they are tossing a coin at overland gear quality with its own verison of a Monster set or Arena style set bonus.
    Edited by karekiz on January 17, 2020 3:57PM
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think PvPers will whine they are over-performing, get ZoS to nerf them, and ruin an interesting addition to the game.

You have been kind of sour lately.
    Have a beer!
    beer-cheers-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it is unnecessary.
    It is power creep.

They are in the middle of re-balancing the whole game balance eco-system. So if they all of the sudden add new variables (Ultra powerful 1pc set that is so strong, you only can have 1 equipped) it will ruin their efforts to balance stuff out.

For example, during presentation, they mentioned a Ring that will double your movement speed, and if you are not in combat, you will be moving even faster. This CAN NOT end well in Cyro and competitive PvP, Battlegrounds, or even PvE end-game speed runs etc.

If it will be too strong (and they mentioned it will be account bound, so no trading) - it will be a P2W as access to it will be locked behind chapter.

I think its balanced.

I mean.

You can't have Double run speed out of combat when the game never lets you leave combat. B)
    Edited by karekiz on January 17, 2020 4:03PM
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So what do people think of the mythic gear idea?
    I think it would be great, adding new combat styles. But, it might be really grindy to get the item you want.
    It depends on how you obtain them.
    But I think they will be like arena weapons, ( and armour ) but they will have to be careful to not make them op. I’m waiting to see how strong they are.

Probably already been said but Mythic gear has the potential to be extremely unbalanced, but... it could also end up being useless.

I do not see ZOS adding another slot of Mythics, so to use one would require breaking 5/5/2. Is that 1 piece of gear worth a 5 piece bonus? Remains to be seen.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 20, 2020 3:37PM
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    gepe87 wrote: »

Just more junk.

Except people aren't paying for it?

They will have to if they want it - it’s part of Greymoor, not the free Update 26.

That’s why I think they won’t ever add a new slot for mythic gear (aside from having mentioned extant pieces already). If non-Greymoor players can only run 12 pieces but chapter owners can now use 13, that’s terribly lopsided in favor of the chapter owners, much more so than access to Lokkestiiz or False God or other Chapter/DLC gear. Paid content has only enabled access to different gear/skills, not extra gear/skill slots.
    Options