Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

When we do get a new class 2021 which class do you want it to be? Aquamancer Included in options!

• Slyclone
    Slyclone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    Bard would liven things up on the side perhaps.
    That's it, that's all.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spellsword
    I picked Spellsword but honestly I already try to play like a Spellsword on my characters. What I want is the ability to do it better. It shouldn't be a class but a fighting style.

Also, I'm so bored with the current weapon choices. For 2H, it's mostly just dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, executioner on a number of classes. Makes stam pretty boring.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't vote because none of the options apply, but I'd love a shapeshifter class, where each skill tree is shapeshifting into a different animal. It'd be like werewolf but you don't need to eat flesh to keep the form up.

I know it's not very plausible but I still wanna see it.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellsword
    I like the aquamancer idea, something that comes to mind is the maormer connection to snakes and maybe slithering water snake attacks might work. Or something else snakey.
    Class wise and not listed in the poll I like the idea of Clockwork Articifer who use mechanical devices to perform attacks and has Clockwork summons. Maybe lightning attacks but not like the sorcerors. Could also be Dwemer and use tonal attacks using sound to destroy.
    Edited by TheImperfect on January 22, 2021 4:50AM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Monk
    There are monk NPCs in the game now (introduced in one of the Elsweyr expansions) so it's not like it's non-lore friendly. I wish they'd just introduce a legit hand-to-hand weapon skill line.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of these are not really class material.

Bard - A class mostly defined by it's non-combat oriented skillset is ill fitting in a combat oriented MMO. Could be a skillline tho, but that opportunity was already missed with the Bard's College, but you never know. Alternatively it could involve Tonal magic, but that's an OP skillset reserved to Dwemer.

Monk - There's two approach to this: either you want fists as weapon in which case it's more fitting to be a HtH weapon style or you want DnD style spiritual martial artists, in which case we already have those, they are called Dragonknights.

Spellsword - It's not really a class, but a weapon style. I mean sure, it was a class in past TES titles, but everyone sees it as the class that wields magic AND sword. So it's best implemented as a new weapon line.

Aquamancer - well, that's not something i ever saw anybody wanting, like ever. Water magic technically does exist in TES, you can see Nereids cast water geyser, Maormer are capable of manipulating the sea and Dreugh also prob could have related abilities, but it's not really a well established mainstream power. It would prob have massive lore implications.
    Tbh, i don't think water can stand on its own as a class theme.

Btw, this thread is a year old so nice necro, but I guess it's relevant since it's about making predictions for 2021
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artificer! I know it's not an option on the poll but...dwemer arm blades,already fitting animations for arm blades...summoned spheres and spiders...arm mounted flamethrower channeled attacks,tonal/sound magic!
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • Nivinfarr
    Nivinfarr
    ✭✭✭
    Bard
    Bard, but only if every spell is accompanied by "Starlit Bride of Alinor" sung by that annoying man in the crafting area.
  • Gorem
    Gorem
    ✭✭
    I personally think any of these would be good.

Elementalist -Water, Earth, Fire, wind. (Maybe the abilities would apply some of the aspects you spoke about.)

Warlock- Dark magic / Shadowmancer plagues ect.

Defiler - Siphon abilities steals from mobs gives to the group / debuff = buffs.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wtf is Aquamancy?
    the term is HYDROmancer as in manipulator of anything water.

besides i personally dont want to see a new class, i want spell crafting so we can start shaping the class many folks WANTED ages ago so that we can do stuff like:
    • by altering abilities elements(so changing a magicka or fire spell into frost or shock, etc)
    • damage type (so a magicka spell becoming physical as an example)
    • change secondary effects of spells (so instead of a snare we can alter an ability to apply fracture, taunt, healing block, etc)
    • change some abilities from a heal to a damage spell or damage spell into healing

that way we can make the classes WE want without the need of an aditional class and allowing us to adapt our favorite abilities to better fit themes, adapt abilities so that we can coordinate better with other players to syncronize better so many classes can hopefully stand out better at tasks they werent origionally built for like tank templars or healing sorcerers or even something as wild as an actual healer nightblade

edit: just realised someone necromancered this thread -_-
    Edited by dsalter on June 3, 2021 6:25PM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I normally like polls but this is one of the few times I won't vote for anything.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Devonax
    Devonax
    Soul Shriven
    Monk
    Bard? No way.. It's already irritating that people in towns and world bosses are using lute here, flute there 5 on drums..
    bard would be focussed on "music" magic and makes me think of FF, so no.. thank you..

Spellsword? So basically a sorcerer with a sword? something you can already do? Sure it's not a real fleshed out spellsword but you can get pretty close with a stamina sorcerer also known as a Mage Blade.. If we add something, let's add something new and missing from the menu.

From all the choices I would vote Monk. A class focussed on matrial arts, way of the fist, crounching tiger hidden dragon type stuff would be something new and interesting. This could be very unique and cool if done right..

But... If I could name any type of new class that's not on the list (we got a limited choice here) then I would rather have classes like:

Warlock: Poison magic, Curses, Green flames(corruption) and Illusion based pets like Spiders, wraiths or a shade version of symphony of blades. could be channel heavy class. And yes, warlocks do exist in Elder Scrolls lore.

or

Witchhunter: Ranged/bow type skills (like the NB Grim Focus). Anti-magic type skills that drains magicka from foes. Passives that increase potion strenght by 25% and has other skills like a damage shield, summoning Aggro taking decoys that do not do damage, soul link magic (bind foes together and main target transfers 30% of damage taken to other linked enemies ).

You know, stuff like this.. actually something new and exciting, without the complicated mechanics and stupid "this skill is an criminal act" type stuff, like the Necromancer.. I was really excited when it was announced but after trying it for 4 times and forcing it to like it (but just couldn't), I gave up on the class. Too weird with the "needs corpses" and the enemy needs to be in the beam and stuff..

They could made it so much better by just having skill like "raise zombie" and morph it into armored zombie. Then add skills like Health absorb, Fear, Wall of Bones, Bone Coffin (stun), Summon Flesh Attronach (permanent pet) and things like that.. but no..

anyway, I'm going off rails here.. but that would be my pick.

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't wana bother lvling another class, i already got my cosmetics, money spent and focus on my killed sorc and necro,
    the new class would really have to be good... but to be honest.

id rather if existing actual classes were improved with good, smooth, beautifull, good to use animations.
    but tbh after seeing the new jabs and flurry i'm not sure if i want improvements to existing animations anymore.

What i would LIKE however, IS new skill lines so i can Improve the classes i already have.

That being said, Where is the Other option?

Aquamancer at least could work with a necro. so id chose that one for a weapon skill line.

Well, i'm a bit sad i didn't add aquamancer to it, but here's a poll i did months ago, it shows what peoples opinions are on some classes, it could be fun to the people that like this type of polls.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/607748/if-you-could-get-a-new-class-which-one-would-you-want-or-like/p1
    have fun.
    Edited by francesinhalover on August 4, 2022 11:38AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellsword
    Monk/Unarmed, Bard, and One-handed, with the other hand casting magicka abilities would be great skill lines to add to existing class.

I would like to have more Destruction, Illusion, Mysticism, and Alteration magicka added, whither by a new class, or skill lines. Either way we would need more character slots.

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see Bard suggested a lot and I understand that Bards in other worlds use music magic or whatever, but from my understanding of Bards in TES, they're charismatic people who do music and stuff I guess but also use skills that a ''regular adventurer'' would use for combat purposes like blade and alchemy.

taken from UESP

Morrowind Bard info:
    lo98Mfd.png

Oblivion Bard info:
    FzoYQD1.png

Not necessarily saying that ESO has to follow the previous game Bards to a T, but yeah, I don't think Bard would manifest well in ESO. Maybe a skill line at most relating to lowering NPC prices and persuading NPCs or something.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i can't wait to see what comes in 2021.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellsword
    At this point I'm guessing this topic is necroposting :|
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.