Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

When we do get a new class 2021 which class do you want it to be? Aquamancer Included in options!

• Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UltraMex wrote: »
    Whatever they'll call it, i hope it's a Stamina class.

Barbarian class, maybe? All stamina skills with a few magika morphs. I'd like to be able to do the thundermaul skill.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we do get a new class 2021 which class do you want it to be?
    I for one hope we will NOT get any new classes now that they "filled the second line" in the classes selection...

Because, as I have said many, many times... it would be darn annoying to have new -classes- which cannot be refitted to existing characters!
    Sure, some people might enjoy having a new class to play... the ones who just started their ESO esperience, only began to play through the stories, and want more goodies.
    But the ones who have been here for longer, who already have played through all the questings on several alts, who have to face the thought of any new class requiring them to play those all too familiar quests for the dozenth time or more... well, it does get a bit boring, yes? And worse is the aggrivation if a new class comes out that would have been sooo much better for one of their played-since-launch characters backstory, but sadly cannot be refitted...
    No.
    Just no to all that annoyance.
    Please!

IF new classyness, then I would want to see it as a "Specialization System" that allows us to expand the existing classes!
    But I would say that, would I not, considering the things I dream up occasionally:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492733/class-specialization-idea/p1 ;)

I really want new -skill lines- of various kinds instead!
    I mean, we have gotten two new classes in the last few years, not NO new weapons... that's really annoying, for me anyhow.
    No surprise I am of that opinion as well of course:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii/p1 ;)

And we could also always use more guilds...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii ;)

And behold... the options mentioned here aren't really classes anyhow!

Bard? A Guild skill line.

Monk? A weapons skill line, possibly also armor choice...

Spellsword? A name for a hybrid fighter/mage build! (Which I would love to see become viable again) - it could be supported by an "hybrid" weapon skill line (One-Handed & Magic?) which would be a weapon skill line, not class.

Aquamancer? A single elemental skill line that is already half covered by ice magic... and could very well be a "sea mage" guild line coming with some future "high seas piracy" or "maormer" themed expansion like just like we got Psijic with Summerset...
    I'm not sure if monk would work as a class. Well, not in the traditional hand-to-hand combat way, at least. Reason being, you can equip weapons to compliment your class. Hand-to-hand should be a "weapon" skill line.
    Exactly!

Oh, I sure would like to see a possible "monk" template becoming a thing for ESO... but that would not depend on a -class-, but on a weapon skill line, perhaps also an "unarmored" armor skill line, and -maybe- a "martial artist" guild/world skill line for stamina support that goes well for other characters also.
    Man I really hope we have spears/polearms coming at some point...
    Agreed.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii/p1 ;)
    There can -never- be any "stamina class", because -stamina- is a warrior type build that must by design be available to ALL classes. And relies more on weapon skills then class skills anyhow, which in ESO are freely selectable, unlike some other games...
    red_emu wrote: »
    But if I was to dream on, I would love to see a BattleMage. Yes I know. Technically every stamina spec of every class already in the game is already a Battle Mage but would be nice to have something more fleshed out.
    Well, no, not really. A stamina spec is a -warrior- of varying flavor, while a "Battlemage" according to how the designation was depicted in elder scrolls througjout the series would be more of an offensive spellcaster & summoner in heavy armor... -possibly- with an backup skill in melee weapons. Its already duable in ESO, just... not quite as effective thanks the the removal of attribute softcaps...
    Barbarian class, maybe?
    It is called a stamina warden.
    Well, one of the design options for stamwarden anyhow... the whole "nature and brutal combat" mix.
    BtW, "Berzerker" is also in the game... as stamina nightblade NPC (Dual wield and thorny skills)

But once again, the stamina builds are -supposed- to rely on weapon skills, and the magica builds are -supposed- to have a wide range of class skills available to them.
    Because the magica builds are the "mages" of tamriel, casting a lot of various spells... and the stamina builds are the "warriors", hitting people with various weapons, a lot!
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellsword
    We have various classes which employ various kinds of magic, fire, lightning, ice, poison, earth, wind, nature, animals etc..

Some classes can employ several of these types, such as Necromancers who have access to various ice, poison and fire damage, or DKs who can access fire, poison and earth magic.

My point is that its all a bit of a mish mash and frankly I feel like more classes should have more distinct identities. I mean what is a DK... fire, poison, earth, where is the link, the theme that holds this together? Same can be said for some of the other classes. That said, I do think the newer classes are better developed.

Im rambling.

How about... a new "class" that gets to pick 3 skill lines from any other class, no more than 2 lines from any one class... WHOA... its out there, I know. But ermagaawd... it would be great fun...
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will your aquamancer have a homeopathy skill line?
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rename current Sorcerer to Conjurer and then make Sorcerer anew.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt we’ll ever get a new class. Warden and Necromancer were beta remnants, the first more than the latter, but these two classes were the only mandatory ones.

Bard won’t be a class, if it’ll come to the game it will be a Guild skill line.

The others... are nice concepts, but not more than that.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fun thread, but I'm resigned to the expectation that they'll follow the established formula, and it will be Battle Mage.

I'd love another stealth class.
    PC EU
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellsword
    Had to look up Aquamancer to see what it was (ha) but I'll vote for Spellsword, but it would be really cool to have a toon cast spells, no hand held weapons, other than maybe a wand, but a pure spell casting only ability would be cool. Maybe ZOS could set up different casting roles, so once the toon is leveled, he/she can further their training into a specific role such as Fire, Ice, Water, Wind/Weather.

~ Cheers
  • ArzyeL
    ArzyeL
    ✭✭✭
    Aquamancer
    A class focusing on Water magic? Yes, please. We'll have to work on the name though!
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have an Artificer class, please? Just because. I mean, if Sotha Sil and the Dwemer (and Telenger) could do it... besides, I liked the McGuyver artillery Engineer class from WildStar.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • barbarian340
    barbarian340
    ✭✭✭
    Monk
    are we getting a new class in 2020?
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other

Briarheart
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When we do get a new class 2021 which class do you want it to be?
    I for one hope we will NOT get any new classes now that they "filled the second line" in the classes selection...

Because, as I have said many, many times... it would be darn annoying to have new -classes- which cannot be refitted to existing characters!
    Sure, some people might enjoy having a new class to play... the ones who just started their ESO esperience, only began to play through the stories, and want more goodies.
    But the ones who have been here for longer, who already have played through all the questings on several alts, who have to face the thought of any new class requiring them to play those all too familiar quests for the dozenth time or more... well, it does get a bit boring, yes? And worse is the aggrivation if a new class comes out that would have been sooo much better for one of their played-since-launch characters backstory, but sadly cannot be refitted...
    No.
    Just no to all that annoyance.
    Please!

IF new classyness, then I would want to see it as a "Specialization System" that allows us to expand the existing classes!
    But I would say that, would I not, considering the things I dream up occasionally:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492733/class-specialization-idea/p1 ;)

I really want new -skill lines- of various kinds instead!
    I mean, we have gotten two new classes in the last few years, not NO new weapons... that's really annoying, for me anyhow.
    No surprise I am of that opinion as well of course:

And we could also always use more guilds...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii ;)

And behold... the options mentioned here aren't really classes anyhow!

Bard? A Guild skill line.

Monk? A weapons skill line, possibly also armor choice...

Spellsword? A name for a hybrid fighter/mage build! (Which I would love to see become viable again) - it could be supported by an "hybrid" weapon skill line (One-Handed & Magic?) which would be a weapon skill line, not class.

Aquamancer? A single elemental skill line that is already half covered by ice magic... and could very well be a "sea mage" guild line coming with some future "high seas piracy" or "maormer" themed expansion like just like we got Psijic with Summerset...
    I'm not sure if monk would work as a class. Well, not in the traditional hand-to-hand combat way, at least. Reason being, you can equip weapons to compliment your class. Hand-to-hand should be a "weapon" skill line.
    Exactly!

Oh, I sure would like to see a possible "monk" template becoming a thing for ESO... but that would not depend on a -class-, but on a weapon skill line, perhaps also an "unarmored" armor skill line, and -maybe- a "martial artist" guild/world skill line for stamina support that goes well for other characters also.
    Man I really hope we have spears/polearms coming at some point...
    Agreed.
    There can -never- be any "stamina class", because -stamina- is a warrior type build that must by design be available to ALL classes. And relies more on weapon skills then class skills anyhow, which in ESO are freely selectable, unlike some other games...
    red_emu wrote: »
    But if I was to dream on, I would love to see a BattleMage. Yes I know. Technically every stamina spec of every class already in the game is already a Battle Mage but would be nice to have something more fleshed out.
    Well, no, not really. A stamina spec is a -warrior- of varying flavor, while a "Battlemage" according to how the designation was depicted in elder scrolls througjout the series would be more of an offensive spellcaster & summoner in heavy armor... -possibly- with an backup skill in melee weapons. Its already duable in ESO, just... not quite as effective thanks the the removal of attribute softcaps...
    Barbarian class, maybe?
    It is called a stamina warden.
    Well, one of the design options for stamwarden anyhow... the whole "nature and brutal combat" mix.
    BtW, "Berzerker" is also in the game... as stamina nightblade NPC (Dual wield and thorny skills)

But once again, the stamina builds are -supposed- to rely on weapon skills, and the magica builds are -supposed- to have a wide range of class skills available to them.
    Because the magica builds are the "mages" of tamriel, casting a lot of various spells... and the stamina builds are the "warriors", hitting people with various weapons, a lot!

Amen

some extra weapons and skill lines are much more interesting than new classes. Unarmored skill line seems quite cool, same as polearms and crossbows (Dawnguard?)

Get rid of magicka associated to staves and create a destruction skill line as well as a restoration skill line.
    Get rid of stam weapons lines and create 2 stam skill lines: melee combat and ranged combat. Wanna impale your enemy with a spear 2H sword? Melee. Want to throw a spear/knife/arrow/bolt coated in venom? Ranged

New classes will bring nothing to the table. It happened with Warden (though frost magic is cool), and it happened even moar with Necro.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are we getting a new class in 2020?

Incredibly unlikely.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spellsword
    Spellsword.

I want a class that is inherently Hybrid. They have skills that scale with both mag and stam, not one or the other. Do physical and magic damage simultaneously.
  • Sennecca
    Sennecca
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a class or skill line that would allow so much more flexibility in builds. Something that would function similar to pelenial's aptitude. This way, if i I had all points in magicka and a staff on bar one, but if I equip daggers on bar 2 and weapon swap, that magicka becomes stamina. It would require a rework of the cp system since as it stands, CP has to be placed in physical damage or spell damage so stars would have to be combined and new stars that don't give a big power creep introduced. Theory crafters would be in heaven.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a custom class option.
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    Monk
    Monk and Spellsword best fits with the previous Elder Scrolls games; however, I can see these being new weapon skill lines rather than classes (hopefully we get unarmed combat this year, I've been waiting for that since release). If we got those two as skill lines, I would go bard or other. I think the game needs a class that's primary focus is buffing team members. It would be cool if the 3 skill trees for a bard type class gave skills that buffed dps, tanking, and healing, rather than skill to play those rolls.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellsword
    Aquamancer??
    Is this a troll thread or something?? XD
    I searched for aquamancer + elder scrolls on Google but couldn't find anything about aquamancer ever being a class in a TES game. This is not Disney.

And about the poll: spellsword would be nice and might be adding most to the game compared to the other classes on the list. But, I still think we have enough classes to play.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Illusionist

Lots of great special effects

No damage whatsoever

:#
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monk
    The amount of drastic changes we get on already existing classes makes it seem like we get new classes every couple of months anyways.

;)

In all seriousness Monk or Spellsword. I love them both. That said, I realize it's likely we won't get a new class for a very long time, and I'm okay with that. I'd rather they take their time instead of rushing one out half baked.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, i am a simple man i just want to play without lags
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    Aquamancer??
    Is this a troll thread or something?? XD
    I searched for aquamancer + elder scrolls on Google but couldn't find anything about aquamancer ever being a class in a TES game. This is not Disney.

And about the poll: spellsword would be nice and might be adding most to the game compared to the other classes on the list. But, I still think we have enough classes to play.

Maybe he wanted to say Cryomancer
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aquamancer is called frost warden.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    Aquamancer??
    I am guessing he means a water mage. Which has never been much of a thing in the elder scrolls setting, but... well... it does happen in other universes.
    Aqua.%28KonoSuba%29.full.2657845.gif
    dac5bab93c40bf85624b74eaabf75d98.gif

...the thing about it is... well, in most of those universes, the waster mages are -very- closely tied to their element, and thus pretty helpless if there isn't a river or lake around. Or at least a full waterskin to draw a bit of water from... tho they usually are very powerful when on the open sea, thus... a rather specialized kind of magic.

Which would be an interesting concept in itself... a magic which effect is not determined sorely by your magica, but also by how much water you have available. Stand in a lake, and use spells at full power, case within range of a river, and get reduced effect the furter you are from the water, and try it in the desert and you get nothing...

And we -do- have some of that magic in ESO - for Nereids. Like I said, as a skill line it could be done... and would fit well into any "high seas piracy/exploration " or "maormer" themed expansion they might someday want to do...

But I would consider it pretty much "on the list, but not nearly in the top ten" in terms...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest it is a huge assumption that Zos will add a new class every other year which is basically what OP is saying. Just because 2 of the past three years a new class has been added does not mean that pace will continue. There is much to work with outside of classes from spell crafting to weapon lines and probably more than I am not thinking of.
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need a new class. ZOS can't even balance the ones that we have right now smh.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    PC NA 400+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    Bard would make sence with skyrim. :P
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    easy
    PC EU
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spellsword
    I would like to have them all, actually. But I most want the 1-hand/rune or spellbook.
This discussion has been closed.