Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

When we do get a new class 2021 which class do you want it to be? Aquamancer Included in options!

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    Bard. Just to see the people who keep harping on it being against lore, which it isn't, pitch a fit. Yes I'm petty like that.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    Bard.

Can't wait to go around singing my next compositions, "Toss a Septim to your Vestige."
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Blaqk_EyeD
    Blaqk_EyeD
    ✭✭
    Spellsword
    Something new would be cool but I can't recall any references to aquamancers in the lore. We should open up lore friendly class lines first. Any of the other three work. I want the spellsword first because it seems like the default character for elder scrolls in general, with hopefully the added bonus of staffless dual wield mages, same stats and bonuses just no staff.
    MagSorc JuliNecroIlam 7TraitCrafter
    XboxNA: "Blaqk EyeD"
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    I heard some people are scared of Bards, so here is my vote.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aquamancer
    I would want all four to be honest, would call the aquamancer something else tho. No idea what tho.

Could see this being a class added when we get a sea elf chapter, could be centred around water and storm magic, different to sorc skill lines tho. Would be cool.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Supersuperguy
    Supersuperguy
    ✭✭
    Dragonborn could have been a class, but that would have blew the roof off the game $$$.

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of those thank you.

I’d like a real pet class. Focused on pets. With skills to benefit the pets. Taming, direct healing and buffing, skill points directly into the pet.

And THIS TIME I don’t want meddling whiners who see a class as clearly advertised as having a pet companion complain they want it to be changed to an ice mage instead thereby ruining it for people who purchased it specifically for the featured pet.
    Edited by max_only on January 15, 2020 11:59PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquamancer
    But you can only cast class skills while standing in water
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on January 16, 2020 12:20AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you can only cast class skills while standing in water

Every other skill generates a tinkle you can synergize from like necro corpses.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    Bard, its part of ESO lore and a part of TES as well. This is a class that has also been asked for, for a long. Also would be nice to see something lighter in theme.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want a new class added to ESO. Necro and Warden are fine and it should stop after that.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellsword
    I went spell sword because I'd rather not have another class fighting for unique abilities that are balanced. Idvrather they do it by weapon to support what's already there
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    I don't want a new class added to ESO. Necro and Warden are fine and it should stop after that.

Good way to kill an MMO.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquamancer
    I don't care much for that name, but "Aquamancer" sounds like the best option for a future class, hopefully a few years down the line. The others should be weapon or guild lines.

First they really need to fill the playstyle gaps long-time Elder Scrolls fans have loathed since beta. We want to relive the flexibility of past ES games, and new classes (no matter how cool) do nothing to add flexibility for existing characters. A Spellsword+Focus weapon line (melee mag DPS) is the #1 most highly requested feature, and if they make it a class instead they will immediately lose a huge population of fans who want their existing characters to be Spellswords. The second-most popular feature requested is Spellcrafting (though I'd personally rather have new mag weapons instead: Alteration Staff for tanking, Illusion Staff for group utility and TG/DB stealth-questing, and a Conjuration Staff for all-class pet options).

What I fear is that the 2020 (and beyond) roadmap is going to be a bunch of crap nobody asked for and nobody wanted. If it's another class (meaning another year-plus before existing characters get any new build options), it'll be another year of population loss. I guess you could say ZOS needs to plug the holes in the ship before attempting a Pyandonean Flood storyline.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bard.

Can't wait to go around singing my next compositions, "Toss a Septim to your Vestige."

What is a Septim? :p

Also yeah, as much as I dislike the archtype, Bard would be a lore-friendly addition.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just sprinkle in useful and mostly working skill lines and forget about classes. I'd rather level a OP skill line which will eventually nerfed to uselessness than a new OP class character which will be eventually nerfed to uselessnes.
  • Crowigor
    Crowigor
    ✭✭
    Monk
    I apologize in advance for my english. I'll use a translator.
    So I understand perfectly well that ZOS doesn't care about my opinion, and many players will disagree with me. But this is my and not only my opinion.

To be honest, I would love to see a Warior class in ESO.
    A class about which I could say, "Yes, this is a warrior" only after reading the description, watching the video tutorial, or using the first skill.
    That 6 years ago, that now I do not see any class that would be like this.

You can say that any class can be warior, just use stamina, but:
    Dragon Knight - Mage using poisonous breath, body thorns and other fire magic and Warrior.
    Templar - Warrior of Light, aka Paladin.
    Sorcerer - Mage + Warrior
    Nightblade - Warrior of shadows, stealth he is a rogue. And even in the single-player series, he was ranked among the magicians.
    Necromancer - He is a necromancer in any case, even if using stamina
    Warden - A kind of druid using the power of nature.

You can say "Do not use class skills, only use weapon skills", but then the character will not fully reveal himself, and in the end you still have to use class skills.

If you think about it, the same applies to other "classes". Archer, Knight, Barbarian, etc.

So where is the Warrior class in ESO? I got tired of people in one Discrod channel with such a question, I never found an answer, but I got to know a very interesting interlocutor. Continuing the conversation already in PM, this person put forward a very interesting concept of the class.

Weapon master.
    A class based concept which enhances weapon branches.
    The class itself has 3 branches.
    Damage
    Protection
    Support

DW + Damage = Warior
    2H + Damage = Barbarian
    Bow + Damage = Archer
    Staff of Destruction + Damage = Mage
    Shield + Defense = Knight
    Restoration Staff + Support = Healer

P.S Such a class would be very interesting to me and not only to me, and even if it would be very difficult, but it would give an answer to the eternal question.
  • SweetrollMonster
    SweetrollMonster
    Soul Shriven
    Aquamancer
    Sweetroll wonders, by mastering the powa of water, will an Aquamancer still get his ars bitten by slaughterfishes?
    Edited by SweetrollMonster on January 21, 2021 4:16AM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquamancer
    Well we need a Bard house guest like in Skyrim but I don't see a class out of it. A class with water based skills can be interesting. Spellsword i think would be more of a weapon class. Perhaps a onehanded staff that is like a wand.
    Edited by volkeswagon on January 21, 2021 4:32AM
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no option for Other. I'd just like a lag-free character. With the magical power to swap bars and fire skills, in the heat of battle.
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    We aren't getting a new class this year lol. And if you think we are then you are highly naive.

There is absolutely NOTHING that suggests we are getting a new class this year. Yet many things that suggest we aren't, such as the lack of new character slots being added. And the lack of "many new systems" so they focus on performance.

And it for damn well sure is not gonna be a water mage, spell sword, battle mage, or bard. All of those classes do not fit with this expansion nor are needed.

Also no on monk too. Why on earth would they add a monk class in an expansion about oblivion?

I personally cannot wait for Tuesday to roll around so all the peeps who, for no reason, think we're getting a class can be pikachu surprised face 😯 even though people have been saying for months we won't be getting one.
    Edited by VampireLordLover99 on January 21, 2021 2:14PM
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »
    Runefang wrote: »
    I’d prefer no new class. Right now classes don’t feel like an important part of the game. It’s the first thing a player would use to describe their character but no NPCs consider your class at all. There is no class specific content. There are so many non-class skills that all builds feel really similar regardless of class. ZOS still isn’t sure of the place classes hold in the game.

It’s not a good environment for adding a new class.

This.
    Necromancer felt like a re-skinned Warden and currently each existing class is being re-worked so that there is no difference between them (for balance).
    Why add another mundane that fails to shine or excel at anything and ultimately feels like a re-skinned necromancer or warden?

Exactly. Class variety is on an all time low and these peeps are talking about adding in ANOTHER one onto the pile. Jeez.
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well we need a Bard house guest like in Skyrim but I don't see a class out of it. A class with water based skills can be interesting. Spellsword i think would be more of a weapon class. Perhaps a onehanded staff that is like a wand.

Wands don't exist in Elder Scrolls.

They do, but they are cheap parlor tricks and cannot cast proper magic.

In lore they are literally a laughing stock to the mage community.
    Edited by VampireLordLover99 on January 21, 2021 2:16PM
  • wakeyjimb16_ESO
    wakeyjimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Aquamancer does seem like a bloody awful idea. None of them are good to be fair (in the context of Elder Scrolls anyway). Spellsword sort of fits but Battlemage is a better term.

There's not really any major Lore-friendly archetypes left that aren't going to be treading on the toes of existing classes or could be better served as a weapon skill line. A full on Daedric Summoner? Works but Sorcerers already have that niche. Bards I'm fine with but should be a guild skill-line, not a Class. A Soldier/Commander Class? Ok, but what unique mechanics does it bring except group-buffs?
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, the Dwemer are long time gone (and we will most likely not see a new class in 2021…), but I would like to have a "Dwemer Scholar" class. The fight could be based on the use of mechanoids.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We aren't getting a new class this year lol. And if you think we are then you are highly naive.

There is absolutely NOTHING that suggests we are getting a new class this year. Yet many things that suggest we aren't, such as the lack of new character slots being added. And the lack of "many new systems" so they focus on performance.

And it for damn well sure is not gonna be a water mage, spell sword, battle mage, or bard. All of those classes do not fit with this expansion nor are needed.

Also no on monk too. Why on earth would they add a monk class in an expansion about oblivion?

I personally cannot wait for Tuesday to roll around so all the peeps who, for no reason, think we're getting a class can be pikachu surprised face 😯 even though people have been saying for months we won't be getting one.

They added zero features to the game last year (sorry, Antiquities is pretty much a joke feature), so how can they even add less this year?

In some years we had Chapter AND DLC features. In recent years they reduced that greatly. How will they go from literally nothing to nothing this year with their statement?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    They added zero features to the game last year (sorry, Antiquities is pretty much a joke feature), so how can they even add less this year?

That's in the eye of the beholder. I think Antiquties system is awesome.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d happily never see another class added to the game till performance and bugs have been fixed and proper balance has been achieved with the already existing classes.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellsword
    If we were to get a new class, I'd rather it be a Battlemage/Spellsword type class, just because that option has a bit more to offer and fits a bit more neatly into the lore than the others. (Not saying the others break lore, just that they don't fit as neatly.)

But, I'd rather see Battlemage/Spellsword as a guild skill line that enabled hybrid builds that were able to make effective use of melee weapons & varied armor types in addition to magic.

And if I'm being honest, I really don't want to see a new class. Or at least, not one in the same vein of design as Warden and Necromancer, where there isn't a unique vision for how each spec should look and feel (ie. what is a mag ___ vs a stam ___, or how does a ___ fulfill the role of a tank or a ___ fulfill the role of a healer.).

I know people want to see a new class, but I'm of the opinion that there is still work to be done on the current 6, and adding a new class would just create an OP flavor of the month until something better came along. New skill lines, in my opinion, would be better as they'd at least open up potential for more player choice.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    I’d happily never see another class added to the game till performance and bugs have been fixed and proper balance has been achieved with the already existing classes.

They're reducing features and improving performance for 2-3 years now and nothing changed except that we're getting less features for the same price (and the same, bad performance). I really wouldn't say that less content / depth to the game does anything to help improve the overall performance.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 21, 2021 5:13PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
This discussion has been closed.