The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

bank bag needs enlarged

cheeseaddict
cheeseaddict
✭✭✭
with all the new content and items the max of 480 for banking bags needs to increase.
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with all the new content and items the max of 480 for banking bags needs to increase.

For some reason, everyone and their brother in the MMO business thinks a small inventory size encourages play. The exact mechanic varies by who you talk to but in general its "if you can't have everything you'll have to go do something every time we change something".

The problem with that concept is MMO players are HOARDERS. Elder Scrolls/fallout players are even WORSE.
    I had soooooo many skulls in containers in Skyrim I actually crashed one of my saves.
    If we had 5000 slot banks it would be a conservative guess to suggest that over half the players would suddenly go into "collect all the sets" mode. Why MMO developers don't get the hoarder market I don't understand.
  • Ciana_Rilian
    Ciana_Rilian
    ✭✭✭
    I'm prefectly willing to pay exuberant amounts of gold to increase it further.

Only GOLD tho.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good start would be to make furniture storage unlimited as it is for mats (on eso+).
    Furniture is my biggest issue.
    Not sure why they are limiting people to collect that stuff if they already have eso+ anyway.
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    eso+ mats are not unlimited, if so i've been ripped off.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, inventory size sucks mostly because it’s been monetized. Ludicrously gimped inventory and mount speed to encourage people buying it from the store.

6 months to fully flush out your mount from character creation? Horrible. Free to play has hurt MMOs more then anything else, it’s no wonder they’re declining.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭✭
    eso+ mats are not unlimited, if so i've been ripped off.

Are you not able to collect as much as you want while subscribed anymore?

The limit must be a gigantic number that I haven't hit yet...
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you know that there are solutions for hoarders like you?:
    • double bank space with ESO+
    • create multiple additional characters to hoard inventory
    • max each character's bag space to 200+ with gold
    • buy a crown bristleback pig to add another 5 bag space to all your characters (205 max)
    • Edit (forgot one): Create a guild of your own, and persuade at least 10 people to join (temporarily is fine) to unlock the 500-slot guild bank; then use that as personal storage space
    • use ESO+ to automatically store all crafting and fishing materials in a separate, infinite capacity storage space
    • buy up to 8 storage chests (total max capacity of 360) using vouchers or crowns (one chest is from level up rewards)
    • buy a lot of houses with gold in-game to store your furniture items (storage houses)
    • buy a 2nd or 3rd account to store even more non-bound items, mailing items back and forth as needed

Or you could just play the game, I guess...
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on December 9, 2019 4:08PM
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    my bad, mats are fine....unlimited. i had recipes and blueprints on my mind.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a server load issue.

Zos has not spoken to basic bag or bank inventory specifically but they did mention why they will not be adding a furnishing bag. It is server load and adding that or inventory adds much more of a load than the crafting bag due to the huge number of items compared to the limited crafting matts.

This is probably why they added small chests as their last addition to our storage capability. They access significantly less information due to their limited size.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The craft bag is the only thing keeping many people subscribed, and ZoS won't risk that steady revenue. It's a business decision, not a technical limitation.
    forever stuck in combat
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Zos has not spoken to basic bag or bank inventory specifically but they did mention why they will not be adding a furnishing bag. It is server load and adding that or inventory adds much more of a load than the crafting bag due to the huge number of items compared to the limited crafting matts.

This is probably why they added small chests as their last addition to our storage capability. They access significantly less information due to their limited size.

Are you sure they weren't talking about actual items in a house? It is a really weak argument otherwise since secondary storage doesn't have to be "instant" like opening up your inventory. There is almost no reason design-wise for the slow storage of massed goods to not be a thing since we quite bluntly do it in every single other industry.

Though that said if someone really screwed the pooch with the design I could easily see storage being a huge headache.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For some reason, everyone and their brother in the MMO business thinks a small inventory size encourages play. The exact mechanic varies by who you talk to but in general its "if you can't have everything you'll have to go do something every time we change something".

The problem with that concept is MMO players are HOARDERS.

The real problem is I would sooner stick red hot needles under my fingernails than constantly trying to "win" something with the "R"NG.

Would pay lots of gold. Good "one time" gold sink.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure they weren't talking about actual items in a house? It is a really weak argument otherwise since secondary storage doesn't have to be "instant" like opening up your inventory. There is almost no reason design-wise for the slow storage of massed goods to not be a thing since we quite bluntly do it in every single other industry.

Though that said if someone really screwed the pooch with the design I could easily see storage being a huge headache.

Here's the ESO Live, April 26, 2019, that talks about the Furnishing bag and why they aren't doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiL5MzzniD4

Housing Section starts at 17:00
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /snip
    Ok, so they created an entirely new element and rather than being smart and keeping it as far away from the burning hamster of spaghetti death they stuck it in the same cage and made them breed.
    Got it.
    That is a truly horrendous design choice.

Thanks for linking the livestream.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive. They were specifically speaking to a furniture bag and explained the difference between that and the crafting bag. Essentially 500000 of one item requires a lot less server work to pull up than 1 of 10 items with how a db works. Just look at how long a query takes to bring up a small handful of items at a popular guild trader.

Also, it is still server the same server load if it is portioned out over a 10-20 seconds or it displays in just a few since the server is responding to a great many inventory requests at the same time. So that is one very good reason why "design-wise" the added storage, even slowed down, would be a thing. Additionally complain about slow responses

Being that we know there is in FACT a server load issue we have been experiencing in ESO and that Zos has begun a process to reduce that load there is a very logical and strong argument. Yes, I know a hard reality is not convenient your argument.

BTW, many of us that hoard, and yes I am one, realized that after the crafting bag emptied out so much of our inventory we just filled it up. When Zos doubled our bank storage us hoarders filled it up again. So to suggest we need more space because we have run out of room in our inventory is a pretty weak argument. For most of us we fill it with stuff we have never used and probably never will. Decon is our friend.
    Edited by idk on December 9, 2019 3:16AM
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they'll sell a house with extra bank space.
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive. They were specifically speaking to a furniture bag and explained the difference between that and the crafting bag. Essentially 500000 of one item requires a lot less server work to pull up than 1 of 10 items with how a db works. Just look at how long a query takes to bring up a small handful of items at a popular guild trader.

Also, it is still server the same server load if it is portioned out over a 10-20 seconds or it displays in just a few since the server is responding to a great many inventory requests at the same time. So that is one very good reason why "design-wise" the added storage, even slowed down, would be a thing. Additionally complain about slow responses

Being that we know there is in FACT a server load issue we have been experiencing in ESO and that Zos has begun a process to reduce that load there is a very logical and strong argument. Yes, I know a hard reality is not convenient your argument.

BTW, many of us that hoard, and yes I am one, realized that after the crafting bag emptied out so much of our inventory we just filled it up. When Zos doubled our bank storage us hoarders filled it up again. So to suggest we need more space because we have run out of room in our inventory is a pretty weak argument. For most of us we fill it with stuff we have never used and probably never will. Decon is our friend.

You missed what I was saying by a mile.
    Housing was never base game. It was even post 1T. Since it was entirely novel to the software from both a server and client point of view they had the opportunity to actually ignore all elements that could cause future problems. Instead, they integrated it with everything else even the old already stressed elements. That was not a bright idea. It's building your house on a preexisting basement. Even if you are 100% sure it's fine it isn't ever going to be fine.

There are zero excuses for them being incapable of creating a linked but independent storage for housing. IE as soon as the item drops into your "inventory" it's now in a completely different place so its impact on your current DB structure is only during an exchange. I could forgive their argument if they didn't build an entirely new element to the game. When your new addition to a game is 99.9% brand spanking new performance issues due to database load is indicative of a very bad design choice.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When Zos doubled our bank storage us hoarders filled it up again.

Yes, that is because they keep adding new content.

That is why most games add bag and bank space (and/or other storage space) every time they release new content.

It's no good saying "Oh, they doubled bank space once, so that is enough for ever.".

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It should not be that much of a server load. The database that keeps track of character inventories doesnt need to keep track of actual items, only a laundry list of item IDs. Maybe a few hundred KB of data per account. A few MB for real hoarders.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You missed what I was saying by a mile.
    Housing was never base game. It was even post 1T. Since it was entirely novel to the software from both a server and client point of view they had the opportunity to actually ignore all elements that could cause future problems. Instead, they integrated it with everything else even the old already stressed elements. That was not a bright idea. It's building your house on a preexisting basement. Even if you are 100% sure it's fine it isn't ever going to be fine.

There are zero excuses for them being incapable of creating a linked but independent storage for housing. IE as soon as the item drops into your "inventory" it's now in a completely different place so its impact on your current DB structure is only during an exchange. I could forgive their argument if they didn't build an entirely new element to the game. When your new addition to a game is 99.9% brand spanking new performance issues due to database load is indicative of a very bad design choice.

Not so much. That you think my comment is about housing's shows you did not read or understand what I said. In fact it was you that mentioned housing.

I mentioned Zos' response to a furnishing bag which is storage very similar to bank inventory.I merely mentioned what Zos said about a furnishing bag and how that impacted server load as that is relevant. So please go back and read my posts more carefully and understand it is not about housing as I never mentioned that, it is about inventory storage and the impact on server performance which is already poor.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It should not be that much of a server load. The database that keeps track of character inventories doesnt need to keep track of actual items, only a laundry list of item IDs. Maybe a few hundred KB of data per account. A few MB for real hoarders.

That is actually what Zos spot to. That it is the more diverse list of item IDs is more numerous for furnishings that crafting matts since there are more furnishings. Of course they stated it in more simple terms since most do not understand db structure.

It would seem, but a guess, that this is why Zos chose to use the small chests when they gave us additional storage since they are very small bags. Adding space to our bank makes a large bag even larger making the query report larger. Hence a greater stress on the server. Larger queries tend to be more work. Also, a larger pool of possible items in that query can add to the load.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »
    The craft bag is the only thing keeping many people subscribed, and ZoS won't risk that steady revenue. It's a business decision, not a technical limitation.

They could add 10 bank slots (20 for ESO+) to the max with each chapter without making the crafting bag less attractive. It would also encourage chapter sales.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »

Exactly my point earlier. Those that hoard like myself save everything that we might use if the stars align just right but most of it is just junk that collects dust. For most of it we can do with just saving weapons and some good jewelry as most armor sets are easy to farm.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Yea, inventory size sucks mostly because it’s been monetized. Ludicrously gimped inventory and mount speed to encourage people buying it from the store.

6 months to fully flush out your mount from character creation? Horrible. Free to play has hurt MMOs more then anything else, it’s no wonder they’re declining.

Don't forget balance being all over the place so you accumulate lots of legendary quality gear over time...

And if you are a tank...? :D
  • notvenousdrake
    notvenousdrake
    ✭✭✭
    I agree

(btw rip juice wrld)
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »

Exactly my point earlier. Those that hoard like myself save everything that we might use if the stars align just right but most of it is just junk that collects dust. For most of it we can do with just saving weapons and some good jewelry as most armor sets are easy to farm.

I still have Dyloras Staff
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sure there will be an additional bank inventory expansion in the crown store soon.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you know that there are solutions for hoarders like you?:
    • double bank space with ESO+
    • create multiple additional characters to hoard inventory
    • max each character's bag space to 200+ with gold
    • buy a crown bristleback pig to add another 5 bag space to all your characters (205 max)
    • use ESO+ to automatically store all crafting and fishing materials in a separate, infinite capacity storage space
    • buy up to 8 storage chests (total max capacity of 360) using vouchers or crowns (one chest is from level up rewards)
    • buy a lot of houses with gold in-game to store your furniture items (storage houses)
    • buy a 2nd or 3rd account to store even more non-bound items, mailing items back and forth as needed

Or you could just play the game, I guess...

Many players have already used and implemented all of these solutions, but still have limited space left, meaning a large portion of ones ESO game time is taken up with boring, frustrating inventory management, instead of just playing the game.

Hoarders like to collect everything. Its a no brainer that after 5 years of new content and items, players desperately need MORE space.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with that concept is MMO players are HOARDERS. Elder Scrolls/fallout players are even WORSE.
    I had soooooo many skulls in containers in Skyrim I actually crashed one of my saves.
    If we had 5000 slot banks it would be a conservative guess to suggest that over half the players would suddenly go into "collect all the sets" mode. Why MMO developers don't get the hoarder market I don't understand.

I had ~9000 slots in Skyrim :smiley: I remember there was some quest when we had to go somewhere with empty inventory, and it was a pain to put all my items to storage... :D I would definitely love 9000 bank space in ESO! ...Ok, even 1000 bank pace would be nice. I still think about many sets which I would farm if I had more space.
    Those that hoard like myself save everything that we might use if the stars align just right but most of it is just junk that collects dust.

I think it's much less of a problem if somebody plays only 1 character, or only one role... Few PvP sets, few PvE sets, and it's enough. Unfortunately, I like to have characters of every class and role, and thus I collect any sets that might be good for all of those characters :s