The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Could we please have more character slots...

Eclana
Eclana
✭✭
Now, I already have maxed out character slots (so 18 of them), which allows me to have 3 characters of each class. However, I could really use 6 more slots, so 4 per class, so I could have a tank, a healer, a stamina dps, and a magicka dps of each class. At the moment I have to share the role of a healer and a magicka dps on the same character, but this requires too many compromises with builds for any harder content to be optimal. So please, could we please have 6 more maximum character slots?
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Holy oblivion that's a lot of characters
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know why they don’t have a higher limit as it would mean selling more character slots, etc. I do like to create characters to have different looks, themes, characters, builds. I only have ten so far and not all leveled but I just started in July! :sweat_smile:
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t know why they don’t have a higher limit as it would mean selling more character slots, etc. I do like to create characters to have different looks, themes, characters, builds. I only have ten so far and not all leveled but I just started in July! :sweat_smile:

When do you stop? How high is high enough?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have 18 and you want SIX more?

I have 6, and even that is too many to me. I honestly don't know why I keep making that sixth one, I'm never gonna play it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 6, and 4 of them are mules. And I've been playing since Beta. :D
  • Eclana
    Eclana
    ✭✭
    Yes, I want 6 more... and I actually gave my reason in the initial post. Would like to have all roles of every class available. And sure, I don't play all characters evenly, but I *do* use all of them some.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »

In other games, I create another when inspiration strikes — what’s wrong with that? Different people find enjoyment in different things.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Each class, each role, one of each stamina and magicka based, each race, and each alliance.

1,080 total character slots. Is that enough?
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AGREE AGREE AGREE....-sprinkles glitter everywhere-
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • coercer02neb18_ESO
    coercer02neb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    wtf... I have one and I feel like thats more than enough :S
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    love threads like this.

"I couldn't use it, so it must be worthless baloney".

and i agree, we should have more slots.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have 18 characters and a further 5 on a second account.

The problem I have with that though, is that they cannot share trial or dungeon sets I have collected.

It would be nice if we could link our accounts so we could share assets.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's a database issue, but since they continue to add slots from time to time, it's obviously something they can do and if you want 24 slots, I don't see why they wouldn't let you buy them.

I have 12 and can see picking up the other down the road just to have em...

Would much rather have that option than buying a second copy of the game and having to repurchase or learn things.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy oblivion that's a lot of characters

Pfff, I had that many after playing GW2 for a few years. And I knew someone who had 69 characters on their main GW2 account — I don’t know why that is GW2’s cutoff if I remember right, nor do I know why anyone would want that many characters, but to each their own and I have always enjoyed my alts, even if they served no practical purpose because it’s a game after all and people find enjoyment in different aspects. :)
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 6, and 4 of them are mules. And I've been playing since Beta.

You are very lucky! :'( If only I could be satisfied by playing with just one character and have 17 mules... I would never have hoarding problem and would never need to collect skill points/level guids etc more than once :o:s
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have more character slots!

More slots would allow me more characters to get Master Angler on. :)

I have 2 other accounts, but there's no way I'm paying for ESO+ on them just to fish.
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eclana wrote: »
    I could really use 6 more slots, so 4 per class, so I could have a tank, a healer, a stamina dps, and a magicka dps of each class.

I fully agree. We should absolutely have enough slots to allow us to play each type. 6 more slots would be great.
    Hopefully we'll get at least a few more slots with the next chapter.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In other games, I create another when inspiration strikes — what’s wrong with that? Different people find enjoyment in different things.

Nothing wrong! Just curious what other players consider enough, since all of your characters, inventories, etc. have to be stored somewhere.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need a healer and a magicka dps. Get a gear swapping addon. CP doesn't make a huge difference, and if you really wanted to squeeze it out for Vet HM content, it is very cheap to change. CP is being overhauled now anyway, so the only potential limitation may not even be one soon.

Personally, I want to be able merge my characters down into 6. Have 1 Dragonknight with 3 sets of racials I can swap between and multiple build profiles. Lorewise it would be I have Dragonknight A and Dragonknight B. B visits Azura and she grants his soul back and gets a proper death but B's essence transfers to A. A now receives the option for B's racials and all B's quest progress / achievements etc. B gets essentially deleted and A now occupies 2 character slots as 1 character.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve made some characters that can switch between roles. Tank/stam dps or heals/mag dps.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too have 18, and I am almost through feeding the horses on the last 2...

If I had 6 more I would feel compelled to make and level them up, so I have mixed feelings about it.
    Playing since beta...
  • Eclana
    Eclana
    ✭✭
    I do have an addon that allows me to swap gear/skill bars quickly. And yes, I could live with CP optimal differences just fine, but there are quite a few skills you will want to have different morphs for healing and damage dealing, which is the main issue with having the same character being a healer and a magicka dps.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing wrong! Just curious what other players consider enough, since all of your characters, inventories, etc. have to be stored somewhere.

Hard to say exactly as the longer I play a game, the more alts I would eventually want to have. Sometimes I get an idea for a type of character I think would be cool or a look that I want but am happy with all my current characters — so I create a new one. And I always like to create and level at least one character of every class so that I can really try it. And I do think hard before committing to any of my alts — not leveling them much if I feel uncertain about them as I usually end up recreating them in that case or replacing them entirely so all the alts I stick with are characters I like for one reason or another, even if I don’t end up liking the class as much (more of an issue in GW2 since in ESO I could use mostly weapon and guild skills if I don’t like the class abilities). I think most people who create a number of characters have those they play less and in my main GW2 guild we would sometimes have an event where we ran a dungeon with our least played characters — fun times! :lol:
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two accounts: on PC NA first account has 18, second account has 15 (with the other three all sorted and ready to make after the "redownload the whole game in Q1 2020" thing - because if I'm not going to be able to afford the download with my very limited bandwidth, then I won't be playing at all); on PC EU each account has 7.

I play all of them depending on what sounds like fun on any given day. I have some of everything, dupes of some. In WoW I had 70 characters, in RIFT 50. I'm an altoholic for sure.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Zos' plans to reduce server load including the sequestering of unused accounts (and their characters) from the main servers that Zos would not want to unlock a lot of additional character slots right now.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t see why people would go against it. If someone doesn’t want more than 18 then... don’t buy the extra slots.

I agree, more slots for those who want more.
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that a higher character limit would be nice. I have 2 accounts, one with my played characters while the other one is home to RP only characters and one leveled achievement b... huntress. While this works fine and I still have several free character slots on both accounts, it would be nice if I could have all of them on one account, because of collectibles like costumes etc...

The oppurtunity of more characters on one account wouldn't hurt those who are content with having only 1 or 2.
    Edited by Phoebe on December 4, 2019 8:26PM
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main Account: 17/18 NA; 3 EU

2nd Account (strictly created for mailing 200 stacks of mats): 6

C’mon ESO Plus free trial! ;)

S.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you even play with so many characters?

I rolled the 7th yesterday and I am already thinking that I won't be spending time on them :D