The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Could we please have more character slots...

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka DD and Healer can be the same character since there's nothing different about the role requirements except gear, mundus and optionally CP distribution (in most cases you can heal just fine with DD CP) which can you change in a couple of minutes. If you have enough skill points you can make both setups on the same character. Almost the same with Tank and Stamina DD though you may need to also shift some points from stamina to health to reach 40K+ HP on certain races. That's why I only develop 2 of each class and leave the 3rd just as crafting & storage auxiliary.
    Edited by Asardes on December 5, 2019 3:19PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Eclana
    Eclana
    ✭✭
    There are quite a few cases were you use different morphs of skills for healing and damage dealing, as I said before. For example, for a sorc healer, you will want to use a Twilight Matriarch (best burst heal you have available), but for damage dealing, a Twilight Tormentor gives much better dps. There are similar choices to make for most other classes (though I admit, not quite all, does not really matter much with wardens and necromancers).

As for playing all, can't claim I play all evenly, but I do have all of my characters leveled. But I just usually pick one I feel like playing on a given day and mostly do stuff on one (or more if a guild needs me for something in a different role). I do use all characters some.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Changing morphs is 1-2K gold. Far more convenient doing that than doing a new character. It's just not efficient.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Eclana
    Eclana
    ✭✭
    It's not the amount of gold. Now, if you you'd prefer to just swap morphs, go for it... I'd prefer to have a dedicated character so I don't have to do that every time I swap between healing or damage dealing. I'll still have multiple builds saved (via addon) on every character, depending on what they are doing. Don't really want to visit a shrine to swap morphs every time I switch between roles.
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Changing morphs is 1-2K gold. Far more convenient doing that than doing a new character. It's just not efficient.

Who said those of us that want more character slots care at all about convenience or efficiency?
    Even on WoW, I didn't enjoy using characters for more than 1 spec/role. I've always preferred having separate dedicated characters to do certain things or fill certain roles. I'm definitely an altoholic. It makes me happy.
    So forget what may seem logical. We don't care about "efficiency". We care about fun. What's fun for us, specifically. ;)
    Not everyone finds entertainment in the same things. And that's okay.
    Give us those character slots, ZOS! :D
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eclana wrote: »
    I could really use 6 more slots, so 4 per class, so I could have a tank, a healer, a stamina dps, and a magicka dps of each class

@Eclana That's a lot of chars! Do you really need to have a tank, a healer, a stam dd and a mag dd of each class?

Can you explain me what's the purpose?

PS - I'm not judging you: I'm neither against or in favor.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Eclana
    Eclana
    ✭✭
    Heh, Amber322 has a point, alts are fun for me. But it also keeps the games fresh for me when I can switch between playstyles of various classes/roles freely, according to my mood.

Of course, it does have also have an added benefit when I pvp (not that I'm heavy pvp'er, but will do that now and then), as it does give me a better idea on the strengths and weaknesses of different classes.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess if you don’t have
    1. Kids
    2. Great job
    3. Dance,soccer,football, hockey ,baseball
    4. Family time
    5. Family vacations
    6. Pets
    7. Spending time with RL friends
    8. House to keep up

Then I guess sure have as many character slots as u need.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than 18 needed, wow, I have 18, all fully leveled except for two and I'm doing ok. Alt account has 3 toons and PC account has 3 toons (not fully leveled) Personally I think 18 is enough for one account.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will probably add 3 more slots when they add a new class. Though I wish they don't do that because each time a class is added, combat and game balance are FUBAR for 6-12 months. It happened with Warden (Morrowind) and this year it happened again this year with Necromancer (Elsweyr). And each time they add a class they seem to flatten class abilities to a level that makes them bland, to a point where you have the same spells in a couple of classes, just with different animations. So I would very much like that they just stick with the 6 we have now, and tweak & balance combat in small increments and improve performance from now on when they add new content.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    You don't need a healer and a magicka dps. Get a gear swapping addon. CP doesn't make a huge difference, and if you really wanted to squeeze it out for Vet HM content, it is very cheap to change. CP is being overhauled now anyway, so the only potential limitation may not even be one soon.

Personally, I want to be able merge my characters down into 6. Have 1 Dragonknight with 3 sets of racials I can swap between and multiple build profiles. Lorewise it would be I have Dragonknight A and Dragonknight B. B visits Azura and she grants his soul back and gets a proper death but B's essence transfers to A. A now receives the option for B's racials and all B's quest progress / achievements etc. B gets essentially deleted and A now occupies 2 character slots as 1 character.

Until console players can use addons get an addon is never an answer. Well at least not a good one.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    18/18 here. I have every race and class. I also have some PvP only characters. It keeps me from getting bored.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. I have 18 characters, all level 50 and max level crafters, 10 fully combat geared and trained for both PvP and PvE - at least 2 roles they can do well at vet DLC dungeon & trial level - 1 in training, 1 scheduled for early next year. Some combos are not great by design however: Stamina Templar & Sorcerer Tank or NB & Dragonknight healer but I did set them up just in case - those characters are of course primarily DDs. I don't feel the need more. The last 6 characters I don't even have any serious thoughts of developing, they're just auxiliaries: storage and crafting.
    Edited by Asardes on December 5, 2019 7:54PM

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Each class, each role, one of each stamina and magicka based, each race, and each alliance.

1,080 total character slots. Is that enough?

He clearly dictated why he wants 24 in the original post. I do the same as him with 18 and I agree with him to be honest. Each role, each class. This is ome of those things that doesnt effect anyone that does not feel the same. Not sure why its an issue.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    1. Kids
    2. Great job
    4. Family time
    5. Family vacations
    6. Pets
    8. House to keep up

:rolleyes: yet more attacks of the asinine.

i have all those things you listed - in fact my 3 kids play eso, as does my spouse, and playing eso is one of our favorite family time activites - and i also have all my slots used with full cp (1120+) characters and would prefer more.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the OP to take this test:-

For those who don't suffer from altaholism, the words "I have enough alts" is seen.

Those who suffer from altaholism only see a blue rectangle.

google-blue.jpg

Don't worry, there is help. Doctors, credit card companies, internet providers and game retailers can all provide help in certain ways.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For players that want more characters, why not sell them more slots? Everyone wins. Players have more options. Players that don't want them don't have to use them. ZOS gets money. All they have to do is go change a few integers in the code (yes I realize it's a bit more than that).

With all the things in the store that are borderline useless, something like more character slots would actually get used by some players. Hey ZOS, how are the sales on your predatory ww/vamp cures doing? Bait any unfortunate players into actually buying those yet? Scrap actual useless store items like that and give things like more slots.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cirantille - I'm retired, have been for 14 years (this time.... I was retired before, for 20 years). I get to do what I want with my time, while husband watches the boob tube 16 hours a day. I headphone, and play the game....
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all 18 on NA, and would happily buy two more slots. I keep coming up with new and interesting characters I'd like to try out, and hate having to race change/delete an old character in order to do it. I have a Redguard character who magically became a Khajiit, but now I miss having that old Redguard character. LOL. :D
    I even have a few characters on EU, but it's not much fun to play them since the entire game is dead on EU at the times I'm able to play it.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I have all 18 on NA, and would happily buy two more slots. I keep coming up with new and interesting characters I'd like to try out, and hate having to race change/delete an old character in order to do it. I have a Redguard character who magically became a Khajiit, but now I miss having that old Redguard character. LOL. :D
    I even have a few characters on EU, but it's not much fun to play them since the entire game is dead on EU at the times I'm able to play it.

I just refuse to nuke characters. I'll make another account before I do that. Every toon I play is "someone important" to me. Each of them has his/her own raison d'être, backstory, family (or none for whatever reason), and belief system.

Games like this are far more to me than simply a way to while away time.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    12 Is enough to play with
    2 of each vocation one stamina one magicka
    the rest mules and craters
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also want more character
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 18 characters and was so happy the day I finally maxed mount training on the most recent three, but then I've played since launch so there's been basically no effort leveling/outfitting characters. I love having every imaginable pve and pvp build on tap, each has more than one set combo/skill loadout via addons. They're getting close to finishing all trait research as well, and have all the skills leveled I want for them.

Max alts + writs = rich without having to do any farming or trading - ever
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got max characters now. Cab craft on all them if I want to make some gold.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Kids
    2. Great job
    4. Family time
    5. Family vacations
    6. Pets
    8. House to keep up

:rolleyes: yet more attacks of the asinine.

i have all those things you listed - in fact my 3 kids play eso, as does my spouse, and playing eso is one of our favorite family time activites - and i also have all my slots used with full cp (1120+) characters and would prefer more.

I couldn't have said it better, @karthrag_inak --- A hearty thank you!

Also, I love threads like this because it offsets the poor me, angry-with-ZoS posts. There are a LOT of us who love the game and aren't going to go away.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    24 would be great or 4 per class in the game as I have stated before. On the other hand you would really want 8 per classes for a total of 48. Since ESO does not allow profiles or at least not supported on consoles. 24 for PVE and 24 for PVP.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more the merrier! I also have 18 characters on my main account (8 others on another but I don't play those much).
    PC-EU
  • Foxhearted
    Foxhearted
    ✭✭✭
    1. Kids
    2. Great job
    4. Family time
    5. Family vacations
    6. Pets
    8. House to keep up

1. Kids
    2. Great job
    4. Family time
    5. Family vacations
    6. Pets
    8. House to keep up

Then I guess sure you can spend your time judging how others play a video game as much as you need.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Kids
    2. Great job
    4. Family time
    5. Family vacations
    6. Pets
    8. House to keep up

Your assumption... LOL

Me and all my guild mates, for instance, have a lot of chars and we have families, jobs/school to attend, other hobbies besides gaming, pets, RL friends and homes to take care of.

Everything is possible as long you know how to manage your time properly...

If OP has fun with all those chars, who are we to judge his/hers decisions?!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Maggi12
    Maggi12
    ✭✭✭
    18 chars is more than enough, you cant play phisically on all of them, only dailies or use half of them as bag. You also must think of leveling them and their skill lines, farm shards, etc...
    I think the gold number of main characters is:
    1) healer
    2) tank
    3) dd pve
    4) dd pvp
    5) service char 1 (thievery and such)
    6) service char 2 (mat farmer)
    7) service char 3 (crafter?)
    8) fun build 1
    9) fun build 2
    10) enough !!!

Some of the roles (mat farming for ex) may be done on main chars, if they have leveled medium armor, etc...