Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Data Mining] New information about the next chapter

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind a Skyrim Chapter and I definitely agree that it would be positive for the overall health of the game to get new/returning players back into the mix and hopefully boost overall population.

But, no, please no to it being a direct prequel to ANY of Skyrim's actual plot lines! I don't want to see ANYTHING about Lord Harkon or the Bow of Auriel or Soul Cairn or about the Thieves Guild quest line or anything else.

I would want an ORIGINAL story that just happens to take place in Skyrim.

Using some of the Skyrim factions/locations to boostrap a new story would be perfectly fine, such as the origin of the Dawnguard or visiting Blackreach to research the Dwemer, but again in service of something that we haven't heard before.

In fact, Blackreach would make a terrific location for a NEW TRIAL and you could work in Ancient Falmer and Falmer motif styles as well.

If they did two zone areas like in Elsweyr, they could easily select Whiterun and Solitude to be the major hub cities and maybe wrap in Solstheim as a dungeon.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Blackreach as a zone or part of it, not a trial. Trials don't have much story, unfortunately
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, buckle up, and polish your tinfoil hats - I have another suggestion. :smiley: I've just come across this image while I was searching for the Spiral Skein architecture for a different topic, and look at this!
    30383377368_be1f0d2ede_b.jpg
    Mushrooms? Yes. Inside a dark cave? Yes. Gloomy? Yes.
    Di2Tew_WsAAPFql.jpg
    Gothic-ish Architecture? Yes.
    title_image-4.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080&ssl=1
    They made a new assets for the Spiral Skein (the realm of Mephala), and we only saw it very briefly in the Summerset story. Could they be re-using this for a future DLC? (Perhaps the Q1 Dungeon DLC, since the 'Gloomspore' Crates with the Mushrooms have been datamined)? The colour of the mushrooms doesn't match to be fair, so Blackreach and the Telvanni mushrooms are a closer match, I just wanted to throw this idea out there as a potential location that could relate to the datamined clues. Thoughts? :smile:
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, all signs pointed to Skyrim.

The Nord from the CGI trailers is the only character yet to come back. And there's Lyris, too.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind what it's gonna be, I'll wait to get the surprise :)
    North Elsweyr was a good one and south Elsweyr is now my favorite region !

So I'm just patiently waiting and be ready to take ton of screen if the area are beautiful :>
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worried it will be Skyrim 1/10 size as it should be. Recent zones take lot of space on Tamriel map but when you enter zone everything is miniaturized and downscaled.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    I see a lot of people don't want a Skyrim chapter/DLC yet, saying ZOS caters to fanboys when they do a Skyrim DLC. But what's wrong with the land, because TES V was Skyrim?

Actually I think ZOS has been doing their best releasing DLC's and chapters everywhere but Skyrim! We've had DLC's in every part of Tamriel. Altmer, Bosmer, Breton and Orc territory are covered completely and Dunmer, Imperial and Khajiit territory for the biggest part. Only Redguard and slave territory have big gaps like the Nord lands, but they have had DLC's already. I think it is time we finally visit Skyrim in ESO!

Edit: typo

Exactly. Its just people crying because they hate skyrim, or because they secretly love skyrim but want to seem like they hate it for some strange reason. Either way, I enjoy the entire world and skyrim is no exception. I think the real fan service has come in the form of zos giving people so many zones we have never really gotten to go to in other games, at least not like this.

Skryim would be a great addition, plus is has so much to it and so much to offer. Id also be happy with something to do with cyrodil but im not sure how they would do that tbh. I know a pvp related DLC would cause riots, never mind a chapter. But thats how it goes.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Ok, buckle up, and polish your tinfoil hats - I have another suggestion. :smiley: I've just come across this image while I was searching for the Spiral Skein architecture for a different topic, and look at this!
    30383377368_be1f0d2ede_b.jpg
    Mushrooms? Yes. Inside a dark cave? Yes. Gloomy? Yes.
    Di2Tew_WsAAPFql.jpg
    Gothic-ish Architecture? Yes.
    title_image-4.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080&ssl=1
    They made a new assets for the Spiral Skein (the realm of Mephala), and we only saw it very briefly in the Summerset story. Could they be re-using this for a future DLC? (Perhaps the Q1 Dungeon DLC, since the 'Gloomspore' Crates with the Mushrooms have been datamined)? The colour of the mushrooms doesn't match to be fair, so Blackreach and the Telvanni mushrooms are a closer match, I just wanted to throw this idea out there as a potential location that could relate to the datamined clues. Thoughts? :smile:

Condering all the levels of Maelstrom Arena were eventually playable zones I wouldnt be surprised that this would be what it is
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Worried it will be Skyrim 1/10 size as it should be. Recent zones take lot of space on Tamriel map but when you enter zone everything is miniaturized and downscaled.

If they're going to do Solitude, it will be fascinating to see how ZOS manage to do that rock arch with a wide river running beneath it and a whole street of buildings and a palace on top of it. It could fill half the map :o
    PC EU
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Elder Scrolls Online: Twilight Edition"
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    "The Elder Scrolls Online: Twilight Edition"

With sparkly skin?
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrim upon us?! :D
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Despite its over-exposure, Skyrim would be a welcome, and obvious, choice at this stage. This one would enjoy another solo Maelstrom-esque arena in the form of Labyrinthian.

Hopefully there won't be ridiculous gaps in the maps, though, like with elsweyr.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    pls make pvp server
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Below: not spoilers, but does refer to general Elsweyr content)

I'll just say that there are multiple references to Skyrim in recent Elsweyr content that stand out from normal dialogue. Add in Sai Sahan talking about how he wants to find Lyris, who would fairly likely be in Skyrim territory...and the fact that we're not *too* far off from TESV's tenth anniversary....

(I'm also intrigued by the comments on the Russian page speculating Colovia may be some upcoming game content, since anyone who's played much of Oblivion knows how "scarp," "vampire," and "gothic" also work very well as descriptors, particularly when you think of certain things in Skingrad....)
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on November 27, 2019 2:34PM
    —PC/NA, never Steam—
    Getting lost in TESO Tamriel and beyond since Beta 2013!
    Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic and awful, remember: corruption starts from the top. And if you don't want me to call you out for being terrible, maybe you should consider not being terrible. ^^v
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that the crown crate was datamined this early... Maybe this is the Q1 Crate?

Could we perhaps accept a Blackreach Dungeon DLC, and The Reach for the actual chapter?

For those not up to date with the lore:
    Reachmen conquered and ruled over the empire for a few decades before the events of ESO, until they were defeated by Varen Aquilarios. They have since retreated to the Reach, which is currently an independent region (remember that we only got to see half of The Reach in TES V, the full region is twice the size)

Some sources imply that The Reach is constantly attacking western Skyrim. This is further shown in the Falkreath dungeon. The Chapter might include Solitude, which would be under siege, or perhaps even captured already.

In general, a chapter in the Reach could give us a very different experience than what we got in TES V.
    Edited by Marto on November 27, 2019 12:58PM
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg
    1434860815_54f0ca3511942.jpg
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering their teaser on twitter and the poster hanging near the gameawards , they are teasing someone we already know coming back. So we need to consider who we have met or those that have a lingering presence.

Naryu
    The Mane
    Manimarco
    Ayrenn
    Emeric
    Jorunn
    Lyris
    The nord guy from the trailers
    meridia
    mephala
    The tribunal
    The dwemer
    Snow Elves

.....maybe nocturnal but sotha sil tells you she would need at least 100years to scheme again...so idk
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, Blackreach will have a huge potential as a new zone DLC and not just as a dungeon / trial / arena.

Why? It is a giant zone! We can easily fit one city there and a lot of areas to explore on multiple levels! Just think about it! And best part would be an exploration system similar to the one from Skyrim in which in order to enter Blackreach, we would have to find the right entrance and go through a series of puzzles and so on.
    Zone could also be used to tie together several large zones from area, or as a passage through a mountain chain for example, similar to what we got in Orsinium DLC.

I wouldn't mind a trial or group dungeon in the area either but I really think this zone must be exploited at its maximum value! We already have Falkreath included in a dungeon DLC pack. Not Blackreach too. :( We could however have a dungeon or even a trial that will be situated on a cliff with one side towards the Blackreach main city for example, offering some breathtaking view! But I would so much like to explore it all the way. Both from the deepest levels of the earth and up till the surface! And I would like to take my time in there and not just rush it through during a main quest or through some fast paced content.

Skyrim? Hmm there are still too many areas left unexplored that can't fit in a single chapter. Very hard to know where we could go next. I would really love to actually visit them all and not just have several of them mixed into one chapter, unless no sacrifices would be made.
    The Reach - Markarth - Dwarven style cities, high mountains, lovely area in general. Falmers could take a comeback here. multi level cities, complex cave systems, tunnels, lots of underground areas... you go.
    Haafinheim - Solitude - The famous Cliff City Solitude, breathtaking view for sure but not many noticeable landmarks around. But for once I would like a dense impenetrable forest in ESO and this could actually be our chance.
    Northshore - Dawnstar - Huge desert of ICE! Strong connections with Blackreach. Dragons? Ice dragons?
    Winterhold - The famous College of Winterhold - Giant potential from so many points! This zone MUST come back sooner or later.
    Whitehold - Whiterun - Dragons could surely make a return there!
    The Pale - High Hrothgar - Again one area I would really love to see making a comeback!
    Falkreath - Falkreath Already used but we could also revisit this place as a zone DLC and rebuild the town after the devastating attacks.

Labyrinthian? Trial / Dungeon DLC / Public dungeon DLC / Quest area. Very hard choice! We might have both a trial and a quest location in that zone at the same time. Hmm

While the box crate clearly have a reference to Blackreach... we can only speculate that next year will be focused around that and I can't say no to revisit those memorial places! I remember to this date it took me few months until I realized there was something down there! And when I finally reached it? I lost my mind for like 10 whole minutes. I was blinded by its beauty and by the unexpected massive area down there. I strongly hope we will have the same feeling once again soon!
    As for Skyrim? It is very hard to visit all those places listed above in one year... We could have 2 consecutive chapters related to Skyrim that will cover the whole area, who knows? But clearly I wouldn't like having such a large zone from which you can make 3 chapters!!!, compacted into one.

Personally I would go for Northshore + Winterhold as one chapter and Blackreach as DLC.
    Alternatives are The Reach + Haafinheim as a chapter
    Then last chapter could be Whitehold + The Pale + Falkreath

We will know more in time...
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    Given that the crown crate was datamined this early... Maybe this is the Q1 Crate?

Last year, Q2's Baandari crate was datamined a lot sooner than Q1's Dragonscale. Dragons weren't spoiled until relatively close to the official announcement.

Nightfall makes me really curious. On Game of Thrones, The Long Night was really only ruined by poor direction and terrible lighting. If the episode had been shot better, it probably would have been amazing.

Could the general concept behind the Battle of Winterfell be an inspiration for 2020's Chapter?
    signing off
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering their teaser on twitter and the poster hanging near the gameawards , they are teasing someone we already know coming back. So we need to consider who we have met or those that have a lingering presence.

Naryu
    The Mane
    Manimarco
    Ayrenn
    Emeric
    Jorunn
    Lyris
    meridia
    mephala
    The tribunal
    The dwemer
    Snow Elves

.....maybe nocturnal but sotha sil tells you she would need at least 100years to scheme again...so idk

Chants: Naryu, Naryu, Naryu, Naryu, Naryu.

Though I guess Lyris is more like and would also be a very welcome sight to see again.

I doubt it's The Mane considering how the Reaper's March storyline goes.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we get something that looks fresh and new. And hopefully a bit creepy. Like a new and updated version of riven spire. I think it's one of the most unique zones we have and we don't have anything similar. Also we've had elves and khajit and dark elves chapters but not humans
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craybest wrote: »
    I hope we get something that looks fresh and new. And hopefully a bit creepy. Like a new and updated version of riven spire. I think it's one of the most unique zones we have and we don't have anything similar. Also we've had elves and khajit and dark elves chapters but not humans

Seeing how the last few dungeons and zone stories hint at vampires, it would make sense they are going to redo vampire skills or introduce a vampire lord into the story. Werewolves have already had their revamp so it's the nighwalkers turn.

Dawnstar or morthal would make a great creepy dark zone
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    In my opinion, Blackreach will have a huge potential as a new zone DLC and not just as a dungeon / trial / arena.

Why? It is a giant zone! We can easily fit one city there and a lot of areas to explore on multiple levels! Just think about it! And best part would be an exploration system similar to the one from Skyrim in which in order to enter Blackreach, we would have to find the right entrance and go through a series of puzzles and so on.
    Zone could also be used to tie together several large zones from area, or as a passage through a mountain chain for example, similar to what we got in Orsinium DLC.

I wouldn't mind a trial or group dungeon in the area either but I really think this zone must be exploited at its maximum value! We already have Falkreath included in a dungeon DLC pack. Not Blackreach too. :( We could however have a dungeon or even a trial that will be situated on a cliff with one side towards the Blackreach main city for example, offering some breathtaking view! But I would so much like to explore it all the way. Both from the deepest levels of the earth and up till the surface! And I would like to take my time in there and not just rush it through during a main quest or through some fast paced content.

Skyrim? Hmm there are still too many areas left unexplored that can't fit in a single chapter. Very hard to know where we could go next. I would really love to actually visit them all and not just have several of them mixed into one chapter, unless no sacrifices would be made.
    The Reach - Markarth - Dwarven style cities, high mountains, lovely area in general. Falmers could take a comeback here. multi level cities, complex cave systems, tunnels, lots of underground areas... you go.
    Haafinheim - Solitude - The famous Cliff City Solitude, breathtaking view for sure but not many noticeable landmarks around. But for once I would like a dense impenetrable forest in ESO and this could actually be our chance.
    Northshore - Dawnstar - Huge desert of ICE! Strong connections with Blackreach. Dragons? Ice dragons?
    Winterhold - The famous College of Winterhold - Giant potential from so many points! This zone MUST come back sooner or later.
    Whitehold - Whiterun - Dragons could surely make a return there!
    The Pale - High Hrothgar - Again one area I would really love to see making a comeback!
    Falkreath - Falkreath Already used but we could also revisit this place as a zone DLC and rebuild the town after the devastating attacks.

Labyrinthian? Trial / Dungeon DLC / Public dungeon DLC / Quest area. Very hard choice! We might have both a trial and a quest location in that zone at the same time. Hmm

While the box crate clearly have a reference to Blackreach... we can only speculate that next year will be focused around that and I can't say no to revisit those memorial places! I remember to this date it took me few months until I realized there was something down there! And when I finally reached it? I lost my mind for like 10 whole minutes. I was blinded by its beauty and by the unexpected massive area down there. I strongly hope we will have the same feeling once again soon!
    As for Skyrim? It is very hard to visit all those places listed above in one year... We could have 2 consecutive chapters related to Skyrim that will cover the whole area, who knows? But clearly I wouldn't like having such a large zone from which you can make 3 chapters!!!, compacted into one.

Personally I would go for Northshore + Winterhold as one chapter and Blackreach as DLC.
    Alternatives are The Reach + Haafinheim as a chapter
    Then last chapter could be Whitehold + The Pale + Falkreath

We will know more in time...

Isnt the pale the region where dawnstar is?
    Hight hrotgar is in between Riften and Eastmarch to the east and falkreath and whiterun to the west
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:SR-map-All_Holds.jpg

True, my bad. Either way I was referring to the region that contain the High Hrothgar
    Edited by deleted008293 on November 27, 2019 9:58PM
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like too many NPCs even teased Skyrim, the same way NPCs from Morrowind teased clockwork, Clockwork teased Summerset, and Summerset teased Elsweyr. It and Hammerfell have the biggest gaps besides Black Marsh, which literally nobody likes, and Cyrodiil maybe, but I dunno how they'd do that with the whole war thing going on.

Skyrim is also the only province that we haven't gotten to see any other parts of since launch:

Summerset Isles = Summerset
    Morowind = Vvardenfell
    Valenwood = already complete
    High Rock = Orsinium (completed the province)
    Hammerfell = Hew's Bane, Craglorn
    Elsweyr = N/S. Elsweyr
    Black Marsh = Murkmire
    Cyrodiil = Gold Coast
    Skyrim = Nothing

so it's kind of adding up.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    Noxavian wrote: »
    well if we get blackreach and vampires we most likely also get winterhold and vampires - probably not at the same time

if we get those we most likely will see

falmer
    castle volkihar
    dawnguard
    winterhold skill line (1h + spell?)
    and therefore might also see whiterun (or riverrun) and dawnstar

Well, the dawnguard aren't vampire hunters in the second era... They only exist as bodyguards for the jarl of riften's son. Plus we don't know exactly when in the second era they were formed. They need to come up with original story lines... Not rehash tesV 1000 years before any of it happens.

There is literally nothing preventing them from editing the lore to where the dawnguard were vampire hunters/started up in the second era. We already brought back dragons, I don't see how editing things around a bit to make them hunters would be too difficult. And why wouldn't the story line be original, exactly? Dawnguard and all of that with vampires would be very cool to see from a starting perspective. We never got to see Dawnguard back in the day or meet lord harkon perhaps before he went completely crazy. It could be interesting.

Yeah since all we know about the Dawnguard for sure is that they were formed in the second era by the Jarl of Riften to contain his son who had become a vampire they could easily do the beginning of the Dawnguard. Like one of the theories on how they became vampire hunters were that they had to destroy the Jarl's son and were driven out of the hold because of that, then picked up vampire hunting in earnest after their exile. That could be the storyline for this chapter.

Since the Dawnguard disappeared after ravaging the Rift, they might have become vampires themselves, instead or despite of killing the Jarl's son. We might be in charge to clear them out.

Also, am I the only one that noticed the Hjaalmarch/Morthal symbol on the card and the crates? :trollface:

Its close! Good catch.
    new-chapter.jpg

200px-SR-npc-Morthal_Guard.jpg

With the exception of Ouroboros crates, that symbol has been on all crates since crates began.

Crates.png

That's just the Gold Coast Trading Company logo. They are the company that distributes the crown crates in-game, Pacrooti works for them. They probably seek to rule the world too.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, if we must have Skyrim as a Chapter, I'm hoping for Labyrinthian or a proper Trials of Archmage Shalidor - Skyrim's maze with a couple skeever and atronachs was pretty disappointing.

What if… The Labyrinthian in TES5: Skyrim was so empty because of the player's actions during the times of ESO? :open_mouth:
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Naryu
    The Mane
    Manimarco
    Ayrenn
    Emeric
    Jorunn
    Lyris
    meridia
    mephala
    The tribunal
    The dwemer
    Snow Elves

What teaser?
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »

Naryu
    The Mane
    Manimarco
    Ayrenn
    Emeric
    Jorunn
    Lyris
    meridia
    mephala
    The tribunal
    The dwemer
    Snow Elves

What teaser?

https://www.mmorpg.com/elder-scrolls-online/news/elder-scrolls-online-teases-cinematic-during-game-awards-on-december-12-1000054528?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter