Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Data Mining] New information about the next chapter

• Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah dam was hoping for more.....lol MORE!!!! lol
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    NO MILK DRINKER EXPANSIONS !!!!!
    About this old saying "milk drinker"... I remember playing Skyrim as an Argonian and some nords NPCs calling me like that... I mean lizards dont even drink milk... because, you know... they are lizards, reptiles... :D:D

They aren't lizards or reptiles. Note the mammaries...
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calling it right now, the next DLC is in Blackreach.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    About this old saying "milk drinker"... I remember playing Skyrim as an Argonian and some nords NPCs calling me like that... I mean lizards dont even drink milk... because, you know... they are lizards, reptiles... :D:D

They lay eggs rather than live-birthing. Therefore, mammaries notwithstanding, they are reptiles.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    cyclonus11 wrote: »

They lay eggs rather than live-birthing. Therefore, mammaries notwithstanding, they are reptiles.

Reptiles aren't the only creatures that lay eggs lol

4092a086f5002f330a6df91776070468.jpg
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    High Hrothgar would be cool to revisit, wonder if that pesky troll will still haunt the stairs on the way up

World boss.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh* Right. Not the point. Platypus are one of those "remnant animals". Neither fish nor fowl, and certainly not reptilian. And there are certainly other examples of strange and wonderful genitive fauna, many of them from AU....
  • Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh*
    Dont we have enough nord stuff already?
    Skyrim sounds as wasted possibility to develop the game on the lore-side. I really hope datamined things would be falmer and maybe reachmen stuff later on.
    Althought I would prefer to see full Imperial or Redguard expanction. Or, even Falinesti maybe?
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortunatto wrote: »
    *sigh*
    Dont we have enough nord stuff already?
    Skyrim sounds as wasted possibility to develop the game on the lore-side. I really hope datamined things would be falmer and maybe reachmen stuff later on.
    Althought I would prefer to see full Imperial or Redguard expanction. Or, even Falinesti maybe?

I guarantee you Black Marsh is next after this. After next year they will want to do something warm. No Hammerfell since they just did desert with Elswyr. While Cyrodil is warmer its too similar to Skyrim in some ways to be a big contender and it has lots of it already covered so it hurts its chances for a big expansion. I know this forum doesn't like Argonians or Black Marsh much but the wider internet does lots.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    what happened to the spell crafting data mined stuff :/
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    High Hrothgar would be cool to revisit, wonder if that pesky troll will still haunt the stairs on the way up

Same, I feel like that entire mountain would be an instanced zone though.. like a dungeon since there is next to nothing close in scale in the the current context of ESO. The Elder Tree is huge, but you can't climb it. Look at how they nerfed that mountain in Riften.

Either way, I want it to be tall AF and I want to be able to jump off the side.
    PC Beta - 2200+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    what happened to the spell crafting data mined stuff :/

Spell crafting was seriously OP in a single player game. And you want it in an MMO? Well, if it shows up, you'll either be cursing the devs within an hour of its appearance, or you'll be genuflecting at the altar of "OP *whatever*" ditto. And within a week, you'll be wishing the devs had never brought it into the light of day....

Or it might show up as a totally minor, completely gimped silliness. Which is what I hope for if it DOES see the light of ESO day.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have climbed the Frost Troll infested stairs to High Hrothgar (on The Rift/Ivarstead side in ESO) multiple times in anticipation of the Skyrim chapter. I am blocked by fallen trees and unclimbible terrain, so I return to Autumns Rest and relax in my Nordish hot tub, imagining what will be.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those mushrooms look like the mushrooms from the skyrim dwemer ruins. I dont remember the names though.

That's Blackreach
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blackreach
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just realized that now that we have the Dragonguard back and they are ignoring the consequences of the main story line... Cloud Ruler Temple could be up for grabs as a trial.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are going to see Lryis Titanborn again because we already met up with Sai and Abnar. It's Skyrim!

I expect Skyrim dungeons, DLC zone, and Chapter zone. New skill line? Like the Psijics.

Maybe we can be the Thane of Whiterun, too. They take just about anyone, right?

Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I just realized that now that we have the Dragonguard back and they are ignoring the consequences of the main story line... Cloud Ruler Temple could be up for grabs as a trial.

Doesn't Cloud Ruler Temple have a permanent dark anchor parked over it in Cyrodiil?

Personally, if we must have Skyrim as a Chapter, I'm hoping for Labyrinthian or a proper Trials of Archmage Shalidor - Skyrim's maze with a couple skeever and atronachs was pretty disappointing.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vhozek wrote: »
    I personally would love to explore a super exaggerated version of Blackreach.

i just hope they make it really big, with several levels and not just your run of the mill public dungeon
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Is "Nightfall" the actual English word used in the game files, or is the original word "Twilight" and it's been retranslated from Russian as "Nightfall"? It's not clear.

Together "Gothic" and "Twilight" can only mean one thing - Vampires. In Skyrim, specifically, Volkihar.

Haarfingar, the area of land west of Solitude is very clearly an escarpment, and its northern slope a scarp slope. It's also the land south of Volkihar island.

The Meridia hints in SE might point to trials in Kilkreath Temple, south of Solitude.

Cadwell mentioned Solitude in SE dialogue.

And people have been asking for Vampire stuff, like people were asking for Necromancers. And any type of Vampire stuff always sells like crazy.

Highly suggestive, but it could still all be wrong.

Ugh, I hope not vampires! Although I’m tepid on Skyrim stuff, I’d rather vanilla Nords than vampire Nords! 😣 Your reasoning makes sense though.

I’d rather ESO didn’t focus more on undead stuff but it will be less bad if there are quests and stuff for those who go the other route and hunt the undead rather than join them. So far I am disappointed with Gold Coast as there are few quests or other things to do if you don’t want to join the sociopathic serial killers Dark Brotherhood.

Vamps haven't had an area all to themselves. Might be fun.

We need bigger exploration areas, however.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well if we get blackreach and vampires we most likely also get winterhold and vampires - probably not at the same time

if we get those we most likely will see

falmer
    castle volkihar
    dawnguard
    winterhold skill line (1h + spell?)
    and therefore might also see whiterun (or riverrun) and dawnstar
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on November 26, 2019 5:18AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Doesn't Cloud Ruler Temple have a permanent dark anchor parked over it in Cyrodiil?

Yes. You can't get to it and there are daedra patrolling below. I've always thought of it as the background for that bit in the main quest line. But since ESO is moving into events later in the timeline, a trial could be about stabilizing and/or clearing the temple.

Or dungeon. Or solo arena. Whatever.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nightfall crates reminds me of the Ebonshadow style, which makes me think they are related to Nocturnal. The name gloomspore on the other hand reminds me of glowing mushrooms and thus Skyrim and the caves, Blackreach to be specific. The aesthetics makes me think of falmer.

And then there are hints in game. As far as I remember, there has been a lot of hints towards Haafingar and Solitude. There's also a bosmer who fell into Blackreach in Northern Elsweyr.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well if we get blackreach and vampires we most likely also get winterhold and vampires - probably not at the same time

falmer
    castle volkihar
    dawnguard

Well, the dawnguard aren't vampire hunters in the second era... They only exist as bodyguards for the jarl of riften's son. Plus we don't know exactly when in the second era they were formed. They need to come up with original story lines... Not rehash tesV 1000 years before any of it happens.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

falmer
    castle volkihar
    dawnguard

Well, the dawnguard aren't vampire hunters in the second era... They only exist as bodyguards for the jarl of riften's son. Plus we don't know exactly when in the second era they were formed. They need to come up with original story lines... Not rehash tesV 1000 years before any of it happens.

There is literally nothing preventing them from editing the lore to where the dawnguard were vampire hunters/started up in the second era. We already brought back dragons, I don't see how editing things around a bit to make them hunters would be too difficult. And why wouldn't the story line be original, exactly? Dawnguard and all of that with vampires would be very cool to see from a starting perspective. We never got to see Dawnguard back in the day or meet lord harkon perhaps before he went completely crazy. It could be interesting.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

falmer
    castle volkihar
    dawnguard

There is literally nothing preventing them from editing the lore to where the dawnguard were vampire hunters/started up in the second era. We already brought back dragons, I don't see how editing things around a bit to make them hunters would be too difficult. And why wouldn't the story line be original, exactly? Dawnguard and all of that with vampires would be very cool to see from a starting perspective. We never got to see Dawnguard back in the day or meet lord harkon perhaps before he went completely crazy. It could be interesting.

Again, Harkon was given the prophecy well before the second era, evidenced by Serana not knowing about a human empire from Cyrodiil making him crazy either in the 1st era or earlier. And Bethesda has the final say on the lore, I would hope they wouldn't throw everything out just for Skyrim nostalgia. If I wanted to rehash Skyrim storylines then I'd play Skyrim.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good god no MORE FAN SERVICE- MORROWIND-ELVES-MUSHROOMS THAT ARE UGLY ASF. No more swamps,crumbling cities.
    Give all the NORD LANDS PLEASE-you know THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TES GAME EVER MADE- FACTS

YALL want you fluffy cliffy divers,roting skin looking mushrooms and more elves pop in the Original Morrowind. Oh wait the expansion that drove away how much of the population?

Nords-Orcs-More Nords-even more Nords-Sprinkle some Falmer and Atmora on top.
    Snow-More ⛄️-even more snow ❄️

Y’all took in arrow in the knee 😋

00f9f9fa2996f7151857fef9fb5954ae7f7f66e88c8dcd6ce864a1f03a35fb9f_1.jpg
    Because there will be one dead for certain..
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So either Argonians are actually mammals — egg-laying mammals like the platypus — or that was a fine example of Nord education. ;):tongue:
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is set in a Dragon Break. Devs can do anything they want — whether the fanbase likes that or not, well, I'm guessing the bean counters will let the devs know either way.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

falmer
    castle volkihar
    dawnguard

Again, Harkon was given the prophecy well before the second era, evidenced by Serana not knowing about a human empire from Cyrodiil making him crazy either in the 1st era or earlier. And Bethesda has the final say on the lore, I would hope they wouldn't throw everything out just for Skyrim nostalgia. If I wanted to rehash Skyrim storylines then I'd play Skyrim.

maybe its winterhold mages vs vampires...id love the dawnguard tough, always liked the fluff about them and their armors are the best looking in all of TES imo... anyway, if vampires are included its probably save to say that we will see Harkon...

maybe Harkon and the mages of winterhold are both searching for smoething in black reach...
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »
    ESO is set in a Dragon Break. Devs can do anything they want — whether the fanbase likes that or not, well, I'm guessing the bean counters will let the devs know either way.

That's not been confirmed. The interregnum is just a period of tamriel history that was lost to time. Tiber Septim resets history after he conquers everything, even declaring independently that the second era is over and third has begun. History is written by the victors in tes just as much as in reality.