The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Data Mining] New information about the next chapter

• Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone whining about Skyrim fan service sure weren't complaining about Morrowind fan service...or Khajiit fan service...just saying...

Maybe just let fans enjoy what they enjoy and if you don't, then don't buy or play it. It's really quite simple.

Did Morrowind get released on ten separate occasions? Did any Khajiit themed game get released on ten separate occasions?

Now you know why people are tired of Skyrim anything
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great find, OP, thanks for sharing! :smile: The fungi with the cave behind it certainly looks like Blackreach. However, if the Gloomspore Crates come first (and there's more files on those so it seems they're further ahead in development), they might only be the introductory dungeons that kick off the Chapter (like Wrathstone kicked off Elsweyr) not a hint to the location of the Chapter that we actually visit in 2020.

That would mean that the Nightfall Crates are the ones that will come with the Chapter, so it's a shame that we don't know more. Nightfall may relate to the blotting out the Sun with the Bow of Auriel, like in Tyranny of the Sun, perhaps, so Volkihar stuff in Skyrim? Or Moonshadow, relating to Azura somehow? Noctural and Evergloam would be too obvious and she already featured in Summerset.

As for the 'gm' hint that they found in the files, nothing jumps out with those initials... There's Gnoll Mountain (a part of the Jerall Mountains - or Gerall Mountains perhaps lol - they're a part of Cyrodiil and Skyrim) but that would make a terrible name and it's an unremarkable location. I'm curious about the symbol on the side of the Nightfall Crates - I tried to magnify it, does anybody see what it's supposed to be?
    caperb wrote: »
    Actually I think ZOS has been doing their best releasing DLC's and chapters everywhere but Skyrim! We've had DLC's in every part of Tamriel. Altmer, Bosmer, Breton and Orc territory are covered completely and Dunmer, Imperial and Khajiit territory for the biggest part. Only Redguard and slave territory have big gaps like the Nord lands, but they have had DLC's already. I think it is time we finally visit Skyrim in ESO!
    They haven't released anything with Bretons; they could have made the Direnni Island off the coast of High Rock a zone DLC with a magical plot or some Daedric artifact, maybe even a Daedric realm section (Moonshadow or the Coloured Rooms maybe) - I mean we got an Ayleid portal realm with Murkmire so it would fit in just as much if not more with Bretons. At the very least they could have added Balfiera as a Dungeon DLC (like they added Falkreath in Horns of the Reach).

Nords also had two-and-a-half base game zones already (Eastmarch, The Rift, Bleakrock Isle) plus they featured heavily in the Horns of the Reach dungeon DLC. Compare that to Imperials who have no dedicated story zones but just show up as side characters in other people's stories (Bangkorai, Reaper's March, Elsweyr). The only 'Imperial' questing zone is The Gold Coast, which is once again not actually about Imperials - focusing on the Dark Brotherhood and how they are going to take down the Imperial antagonist Order of the Hour. Cyrodiil is an open PvP map, the Imperial City is a Daedric cesspool with PvP and ahs far more to do with Coldharbour and Molag Bal than with Imperials.

That is not to say I would mind a Skyrim Chapter or DLC, but it's certainly not on top of the list of ESO races needing representation.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach, I think. Maybe Dwemer stuff. Maybe Falmer. Which may mean we get crimson nirnroot and/or chaurus eggs as well for alchemy. It would be great to get a new potion option for magicka + health + _______. Especially if it doesn't end up costing 1k per.

But looking at the Russian page, "Gothic" sounds a lot like a vampire thing. Vampire Skill line incoming?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game desperately needs a Skyrim chapter to inject the population with new/returning players.

As much as I don't care about Skyrim, it's going to be good for the game.
  • Woefulninja4444
    Woefulninja4444
    ✭✭✭
    as many said already, the gothic makes it sound like vampire related content. Maybe we will see vampire lord stuff / Volkihar
    PC / NA / Ebonheart Pact
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    so, crates... how about the nerfs?
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mushrooms and a scarp... it’s the telvanni Coast.

Which is good as I really want to cull some of those slaver scum... if it is the coast my necromancer assassin will be very busy 😈

Also mushrooms and rock might suggest black reach....

That would be freakin’ awesome! :lol: I would love more Morrowind and we need (or at least I need) more homes in the various styles, maybe a grotto kwanza mine and an open space for me to build my own Telvanni wizard’s tower! :smiley:

I don’t expect it to be though and am rather resigned to it being Skyrim, not that I have any great dislike of that, just meh to me. But I have so much else left to explore if that is the case and if it isn’t, then maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised! 😁
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is "Nightfall" the actual English word used in the game files, or is the original word "Twilight" and it's been retranslated from Russian as "Nightfall"? It's not clear.

Together "Gothic" and "Twilight" can only mean one thing - Vampires. In Skyrim, specifically, Volkihar.

Haarfingar, the area of land west of Solitude is very clearly an escarpment, and its northern slope a scarp slope. It's also the land south of Volkihar island.

The Meridia hints in SE might point to trials in Kilkreath Temple, south of Solitude.

Cadwell mentioned Solitude in SE dialogue.

And people have been asking for Vampire stuff, like people were asking for Necromancers. And any type of Vampire stuff always sells like crazy.

Highly suggestive, but it could still all be wrong.
    PC EU
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about which zone (I was mostly joking with Black Marsh) but the mentioning of Daedric artifacts and prince further up in this thread made me wonder, could we be facing Namira in this chapter? She is iirc the prince of the "Ancient Darkness", rot, corruption and all that is considered repulsive. The words Gloomspore and Nightfall invokes those kinds of thoughts in me.
    Plus gothic is a literary genre where the storiestkaes place in strange, mysterious adventures happen in dark and lonely places such as graveyards and old castles. Fits with Namira.

She's one of the princes we've not yet had any interactions with, so I'd say it's possible.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »
    Keep in mind, just because Elsweyr did it in its year, the year long story doesn't have to take place in one province. Chapter could be Skyrim, zone DLC might be Morrowind, Cyrodiil or Black Marsh...or more Skyrim we shall see.

Firor mentioned the disconnect between Summerset and Murkmire when talking about the new annual story direction. So Q1, Q3, and Q4 aren't going to deviate that much from Q2. If there's location hopping in Q4 it will have to feel highly relevant to the story started in Q1.

This is all just one part of a yearlong adventure called ‘The Season Of The Dragon’, which kicked off in March with the smaller dungeon pack, Wrathstone, and provides a clear picture of ZeniMax Online Studio’s plans for future content. With ESO’s first two Chapters, Morrowind and Summerset, ZOS released smaller DLC packs around them, but the content was unrelated to the Chapter. For example Summerset centred on the high elves and their homeland, but the Wolfhunter and Mirkmire DLC packs that followed were all about werewolves and Argonians.
    Things needed to change. “We were stepping on ourselves all over the place,” explains ESO director Matt Firor.
    “We had this big promotion to get old users back and new users into the game and we used a lot of Summerset content for that, because that was the biggest thing, but by then we’d already launched two more DLC [packs], and people came in and said, ‘Hold on a minute, I thought this was all about elves, why’s everything about lizard people?’ And that was like, ‘Okay, we’ve got to change that,’ and that led to telling one big story, use all Khajiit, Elsweyr, dragons, just tell that story and have one unified message.”

- Xbox Magazine, June 2019
    signing off
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is "Nightfall" the actual English word used in the game files, or is the original word "Twilight" and it's been retranslated from Russian as "Nightfall"? It's not clear.

Together "Gothic" and "Twilight" can only mean one thing - Vampires. In Skyrim, specifically, Volkihar.

Haarfingar, the area of land west of Solitude is very clearly an escarpment, and its northern slope a scarp slope. It's also the land south of Volkihar island.

The Meridia hints in SE might point to trials in Kilkreath Temple, south of Solitude.

And people have been asking for Vampire stuff, like people were asking for Necromancers. And any type of Vampire stuff always sells like crazy.

Ugh, I hope not vampires! Although I’m tepid on Skyrim stuff, I’d rather vanilla Nords than vampire Nords! 😣 Your reasoning makes sense though.

I’d rather ESO didn’t focus more on undead stuff but it will be less bad if there are quests and stuff for those who go the other route and hunt the undead rather than join them. So far I am disappointed with Gold Coast as there are few quests or other things to do if you don’t want to join the sociopathic serial killers Dark Brotherhood.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 25, 2019 9:39PM
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "nightfall"

Are we finally getting Paragons?!
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should do an imperial or red guard chapter next
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    ELawlis wrote: »
    I see a lot of people don't want a Skyrim chapter/DLC yet, saying ZOS caters to fanboys when they do a Skyrim DLC. But what's wrong with the land, because TES V was Skyrim?

Actually I think ZOS has been doing their best releasing DLC's and chapters everywhere but Skyrim! We've had DLC's in every part of Tamriel. Altmer, Bosmer, Breton and Orc territory are covered completely and Dunmer, Imperial and Khajiit territory for the biggest part. Only Redguard and slave territory have big gaps like the Nord lands, but they have had DLC's already. I think it is time we finally visit Skyrim in ESO!

Edit: typo

It personally isn't that the zone is Skyrim, it's that ZOS will cater to fanboys when they do a Skyrim DLC. I would love a Skyrim DLC if it doesn't solely cater to people who only wanted to play "Skyrim Online", and try to fit a 4E peg into a 2E hole.

The other issue will be the influx of new players onto a (still) broken server, and the possibility of the response by ZOS when those new players complain about (weaving, nightblades being OP, demanding nerfs, etc.) and where that leaves the game when they leave.

If they had done a Skyrim chapter two years ago I would have agreed with you. But you can't say they cater to Skyrim fanboys when they have literally released new content in all the other provinces of Tamriel!

What else do you suggest? People will moan they already visited parts of the zone of it is anywhere else in Tamriel for sure.

There are some people here that will only be happy if they never release the rest of Skyrim. There were 2 Skyrim zones at launch. They just started doing dragon stuff a few months ago, and in the 5 years in between, not a whole lot of Skyrim stuff going on. Yet some people have this strange idea in their head that all ZOS does is cater to Skyrim "fanboys"
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good god no MORE FAN SERVICE- MORROWIND-ELVES-MUSHROOMS THAT ARE UGLY ASF. No more swamps,crumbling cities.
    Give all the NORD LANDS PLEASE-you know THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TES GAME EVER MADE- FACTS

YALL want you fluffy cliffy divers,roting skin looking mushrooms and more elves pop in the Original Morrowind. Oh wait the expansion that drove away how much of the population?

Nords-Orcs-More Nords-even more Nords-Sprinkle some Falmer and Atmora on top.
    Snow-More ⛄️-even more snow ❄️

Y’all took in arrow in the knee 😋
    Edited by jazsper77 on November 25, 2019 9:23PM
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO MILK DRINKER EXPANSIONS !!!!!
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first one of these threads I didn't bother to click on. Oh wait...
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

Ugh, I hope not vampires! Although I’m tepid on Skyrim stuff, I’d rather vanilla Nords than vampire Nords! 😣 Your reasoning makes sense though.

I’d rather ESO didn’t focus more on undead stuff but it will be less bad if there are quests and stuff for those who go the other route and hunt the undead rather than join them. So far I am disappointed with Gold Coast as there are fewer quests or other things to do if you don’t want to join the sociopathic serial killers Dark Brotherhood.

Agreed. I don't do vampires (nor necromancers or werewolves) - never have, never going to.... If that's what we wind up with, I will definitely not be buying it.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "nightfall"
    Are we finally getting Paragons?!
    Have an Awesome for the GW reference :smiley: (VoS Dervish master race).

That's a great point. If the word is actually Twilight or Dusk or something rather than Nightfall, they could mean more things. Harkon's plan to blot out the Sun, it could be related to Azura, Mistress of Twilight; or Namira, The Great Darkness; or Twilight Cantors (who featured briefly in Dragonhold).

Also, let's bear in mind that Nightfall is just the name of the Crates, not the Chapter. Elsweyr's Crates were called 'Baandari' and Dragonhold's Crates are 'New Moon'. Not to mention that Southern Elsweyr is part of the 'Dragonhold' DLC which isn't immediately apparent since there's not much to connect the lore of Pellitine with Dragons, so the connection between the next Chapter zone and the Nightfall Crate name might be equally vague.
    I don't know about which zone (I was mostly joking with Black Marsh) but the mentioning of Daedric artifacts and prince further up in this thread made me wonder, could we be facing Namira in this chapter? She is iirc the prince of the "Ancient Darkness", rot, corruption and all that is considered repulsive. The words Gloomspore and Nightfall invokes those kinds of thoughts in me.
    Plus gothic is a literary genre where the storiestkaes place in strange, mysterious adventures happen in dark and lonely places such as graveyards and old castles. Fits with Namira.

She's one of the princes we've not yet had any interactions with, so I'd say it's possible.
    I'd be down for Namira. And yes, one of her titles is The Great Darkness. There is an ESO quest involving her, although briefly: during Deep Disturbance in Shadowfen, we encounter some Dremora who are corrupting the swamp in her name, and she briefly talks to the player iirc.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish the datamined info included improved/fixed activity finder and server stability.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone whining about Skyrim fan service sure weren't complaining about Morrowind fan service...or Khajiit fan service...just saying...

Maybe just let fans enjoy what they enjoy and if you don't, then don't buy or play it. It's really quite simple.

I don't get it. I'm super hyped to go to Skyrim again. Its been forever for me. I want Black Marsh even more but alas Skyrim will do.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it seems like some sort of Vampire/Skyrim expansion. Good... good.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i do say, vampire and dawnguard stuff as well as large underground dungeons to explore like black reach...that could be very fun... as well as a gothic themed crusader armor set :-)

blackreach and gloomy mushrooms seem to fit - just look at the picture / article for black reach, looks identical

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Blackreach?file=TESV_Blackreach_2.png

Edited by Nemesis7884 on November 26, 2019 4:31AM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

I'd be down for Namira. And yes, one of her titles is The Great Darkness. There is an ESO quest involving her, although briefly: during Deep Disturbance in Shadowfen, we encounter some Dremora who are corrupting the swamp in her name, and she briefly talks to the player iirc.

Oh yeah, I remember that one. Been a bit since I played through Shadowfen so I had forgotten about it. Had so much more potential if you ask me than that brief storyline.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    NO MILK DRINKER EXPANSIONS !!!!!
    About this old saying "milk drinker"... I remember playing Skyrim as an Argonian and some nords NPCs calling me like that... I mean lizards dont even drink milk... because, you know... they are lizards, reptiles... :D:D
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 25, 2019 10:05PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Mushrooms and a scarp... it’s the telvanni Coast.

Which is good as I really want to cull some of those slaver scum... if it is the coast my necromancer assassin will be very busy 😈

Also mushrooms and rock might suggest black reach....

That would be freakin’ awesome! :lol: I would love more Morrowind and we need (or at least I need) more homes in the various styles, maybe a grotto kwanza mine and an open space for me to build my own Telvanni wizard’s tower! :smiley:

I don’t expect it to be though and am rather resigned to it being Skyrim, not that I have any great dislike of that, just meh to me. But I have so much else left to explore if that is the case and if it isn’t, then maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised! 😁

Kwanza.

I'll be taking that word, thank you, kind sir.
  • Cekercaro
    Cekercaro
    ✭✭✭

Nightfall IS the actual English word used in the game files.
    All names of the game files are left untouched in the article. By the way, you can see the source text simply by pointing at certain words.

https://imgur.com/a/rmVg26x
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those mushrooms look like the mushrooms from the skyrim dwemer ruins. I dont remember the names though.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Hrothgar would be cool to revisit, wonder if that pesky troll will still haunt the stairs on the way up
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally would love to explore a super exaggerated version of Blackreach.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.