Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Data Mining] New information about the next chapter

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    NO MILK DRINKER EXPANSIONS !!!!!
    About this old saying "milk drinker"... I remember playing Skyrim as an Argonian and some nords NPCs calling me like that... I mean lizards dont even drink milk... because, you know... they are lizards, reptiles... :D:D

They aren't lizards or reptiles. Note the mammaries...

They lay eggs rather than live-birthing. Therefore, mammaries notwithstanding, they are reptiles.

Reptiles aren't the only creatures that lay eggs lol

4092a086f5002f330a6df91776070468.jpg

Bad example. That isn't even an animal, it's nature's grand joke and the eternal frustration of scientists.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    well if we get blackreach and vampires we most likely also get winterhold and vampires - probably not at the same time

if we get those we most likely will see

falmer
    castle volkihar
    dawnguard
    winterhold skill line (1h + spell?)
    and therefore might also see whiterun (or riverrun) and dawnstar

Well, the dawnguard aren't vampire hunters in the second era... They only exist as bodyguards for the jarl of riften's son. Plus we don't know exactly when in the second era they were formed. They need to come up with original story lines... Not rehash tesV 1000 years before any of it happens.

There is literally nothing preventing them from editing the lore to where the dawnguard were vampire hunters/started up in the second era. We already brought back dragons, I don't see how editing things around a bit to make them hunters would be too difficult. And why wouldn't the story line be original, exactly? Dawnguard and all of that with vampires would be very cool to see from a starting perspective. We never got to see Dawnguard back in the day or meet lord harkon perhaps before he went completely crazy. It could be interesting.

Yeah since all we know about the Dawnguard for sure is that they were formed in the second era by the Jarl of Riften to contain his son who had become a vampire they could easily do the beginning of the Dawnguard. Like one of the theories on how they became vampire hunters were that they had to destroy the Jarl's son and were driven out of the hold because of that, then picked up vampire hunting in earnest after their exile. That could be the storyline for this chapter.
  • evvelito
    evvelito
    ✭✭✭
    Reading this thread - I don't understand why people are so against a "Skyrim" chapter. Tbh there's not much more land that they can cover, so how is it fan service to add the rest of Tamriel? It's not even out yet and we don't even have it confirmed, so why be so against it? I would understand if they released that region and it was a total rip off of the game, then it would be fair enough. But if they make it different, what's the harm? I would love exploring the rest of Skyrim (or Blackreach, maybe it will be less annoying lol) in ESO. :#
    PC EU
    eloo, i'm evve
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isnt to get a Skyrim chapter...But the way they are doing each chapter. Worst year after year: Incomplete, full of bugs, few features and expensive.
    At least a chapter like Orsinium DLC would be great.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the return to Skyrim is set in stone, then please make sure to add my favorite feature from that game - romanceable NPCs. Please? With a cherry on top?
    Doesn't have to be (and will never be) SWtOR's system. Just let me quest with/for/hire them and later place them in my home (as part of a collection XD). They won't have to accompany me anywhere - I have my assistants for this.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the return to Skyrim is set in stone, then please make sure to add my favorite feature from that game - romanceable NPCs. Please? With a cherry on top?
    Doesn't have to be (and will never be) SWtOR's system. Just let me quest with/for/hire them and later place them in my home (as part of a collection XD). They won't have to accompany me anywhere - I have my assistants for this.

Can I just NOPE right out?

I mean NOPE!
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Can I just NOPE right out?

I mean NOPE!

You sure can nope out, but I still want my fun! :p
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    @evvelito the reason people are against the Skyrim isn't that it's Skyrim, it's what ZOS will do to appease people who want "Skyrim Online" and what part of that player base is.

Read these comments and you'll see why a lot of people aren't happy with the idea of Skyrim. People want to throw out lore for the sake of adding the Dawnguard to the game because "they want vampires." People on Reddit and other sites saw "Nightfall" and thought Nightingales, just because of Skyrim, without so much as looking at the lore. This isn't even considering what combat changes would be made for the sake of new players. The sweeping changes in Dragonhold were rough, but I don't want to think about combat changes after the game is flooded by "I'm gonna play a sneaky archer HA build like Skyrim" players.

And don't forget about the server issues that have plagued the game. A Skyrim chapter would probably bring in more people than Morrowind or Elsweyr, which the game needs but not without server fixes first. If the current performance improvement plan continues in its current path (i.e. not really working yet), NA may experience the same problems as EU, and I don't know what that would mean for EU.

Edited by ELawlis on November 26, 2019 1:43PM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone whining about Skyrim fan service sure weren't complaining about Morrowind fan service...or Khajiit fan service...just saying...

Maybe just let fans enjoy what they enjoy and if you don't, then don't buy or play it. It's really quite simple.

Did Morrowind get released on ten separate occasions? Did any Khajiit themed game get released on ten separate occasions?

Now you know why people are tired of Skyrim anything

Well its their problem if they bought skyrim on 10 separate occasion, i did not and don do not have a "skyrim overdose"
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gods they laugh at us now probably.

Laying false trails and tricksy clues … knowing full well we are going back for even more Elsweyr.

Oh yes we have caves and tunnels as well as a missing bit in the middle. Also some mountains you have not climbed up yet. Some portals probably too.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    ELawlis wrote: »
    caperb wrote: »
    I see a lot of people don't want a Skyrim chapter/DLC yet, saying ZOS caters to fanboys when they do a Skyrim DLC. But what's wrong with the land, because TES V was Skyrim?

Actually I think ZOS has been doing their best releasing DLC's and chapters everywhere but Skyrim! We've had DLC's in every part of Tamriel. Altmer, Bosmer, Breton and Orc territory are covered completely and Dunmer, Imperial and Khajiit territory for the biggest part. Only Redguard and slave territory have big gaps like the Nord lands, but they have had DLC's already. I think it is time we finally visit Skyrim in ESO!

Edit: typo

It personally isn't that the zone is Skyrim, it's that ZOS will cater to fanboys when they do a Skyrim DLC. I would love a Skyrim DLC if it doesn't solely cater to people who only wanted to play "Skyrim Online", and try to fit a 4E peg into a 2E hole.

The other issue will be the influx of new players onto a (still) broken server, and the possibility of the response by ZOS when those new players complain about (weaving, nightblades being OP, demanding nerfs, etc.) and where that leaves the game when they leave.

If they had done a Skyrim chapter two years ago I would have agreed with you. But you can't say they cater to Skyrim fanboys when they have literally released new content in all the other provinces of Tamriel!

What else do you suggest? People will moan they already visited parts of the zone of it is anywhere else in Tamriel for sure.

We had Falkreath Hold already.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well if we get blackreach and vampires we most likely also get winterhold and vampires - probably not at the same time

falmer
    castle volkihar
    dawnguard

Well, the dawnguard aren't vampire hunters in the second era... They only exist as bodyguards for the jarl of riften's son. Plus we don't know exactly when in the second era they were formed. They need to come up with original story lines... Not rehash tesV 1000 years before any of it happens.

There is literally nothing preventing them from editing the lore to where the dawnguard were vampire hunters/started up in the second era. We already brought back dragons, I don't see how editing things around a bit to make them hunters would be too difficult. And why wouldn't the story line be original, exactly? Dawnguard and all of that with vampires would be very cool to see from a starting perspective. We never got to see Dawnguard back in the day or meet lord harkon perhaps before he went completely crazy. It could be interesting.

Yeah since all we know about the Dawnguard for sure is that they were formed in the second era by the Jarl of Riften to contain his son who had become a vampire they could easily do the beginning of the Dawnguard. Like one of the theories on how they became vampire hunters were that they had to destroy the Jarl's son and were driven out of the hold because of that, then picked up vampire hunting in earnest after their exile. That could be the storyline for this chapter.

Since the Dawnguard disappeared after ravaging the Rift, they might have become vampires themselves, instead or despite of killing the Jarl's son. We might be in charge to clear them out.

Also, am I the only one that noticed the Hjaalmarch/Morthal symbol on the card and the crates? :trollface:
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, am I the only one that noticed the Hjaalmarch/Morthal symbol on the card and the crates? :trollface:

That is the symbol for recycling in Tamriel.
    PS5 EU.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bards v Vampires. FIGHT!
    PC EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

falmer
    castle volkihar
    dawnguard

Since the Dawnguard disappeared after ravaging the Rift, they might have become vampires themselves, instead or despite of killing the Jarl's son. We might be in charge to clear them out.

Its close! Good catch.
    new-chapter.jpg

200px-SR-npc-Morthal_Guard.jpg
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 26, 2019 3:58PM
  • evvelito
    evvelito
    ✭✭✭
    ELawlis wrote: »
    @evvelito the reason people are against the Skyrim isn't that it's Skyrim, it's what ZOS will do to appease people who want "Skyrim Online" and what part of that player base is.

Read these comments and you'll see why a lot of people aren't happy with the idea of Skyrim. People want to throw out lore for the sake of adding the Dawnguard to the game because "they want vampires." People on Reddit and other sites saw "Nightfall" and thought Nightingales, just because of Skyrim, without so much as looking at the lore. This isn't even considering what combat changes would be made for the sake of new players. The sweeping changes in Dragonhold were rough, but I don't want to think about combat changes after the game is flooded by "I'm gonna play a sneaky archer HA build like Skyrim" players.

And don't forget about the server issues that have plagued the game. A Skyrim chapter would probably bring in more people than Morrowind or Elsweyr, which the game needs but not without server fixes first. If the current performance improvement plan continues in its current path (i.e. not really working yet), NA may experience the same problems as EU, and I don't know what that would mean for EU.

I've read the comments, hence why I posted a comment myself.

Again, we haven't even got it confirmed yet so how would we know what to expect? If ZOS were really hardcore fan service, they wouldn't released Elsweyr with dragons, right? If people expect Skyrim Online, that's on them, not ZOS. I don't think they've tried to appease those fans. I've played this game for 4 years now, and I came here because of the previous Elder Scrolls games, and I've barely noticed any fan service. Maybe I'm stupid or too smart that can actually seperate the games from each other. But that's the problem though.. since there are previous games people are going to assume that ESO is Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim Online, while other people are going to assume ZOS are ripping everything off. Either way they can't win nor please everybody. By the sound of it, the solution to keep away the Skyrim fanboys (so you can have your precious game to yourself), is to leave out the region? That's just another level of stupid, since this whole game is about Tamriel. Take a look at the map, there are barely any land left to get new chapters and DLCs on. The fear of fan service shouldn't hinder the game. Morrowind was just fine, why wouldn't Skyrim be?

As for server issues - yes, a Skyrim chapter would bring more people to the game but who says it won't be resolved until then? (and no, I don't have much faith in performance atm) And if it's not resolved.. well if this year is not the death of ESO, next year will definitely be. But that's on ZOS. Again, it's not even confirmed and people are already judging the crap out of it because of some data mining. It's weird imo. Just let things be and see what happens.
    PC EU
    eloo, i'm evve
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

falmer
    castle volkihar
    dawnguard

Its close! Good catch.
    new-chapter.jpg

200px-SR-npc-Morthal_Guard.jpg

With the exception of Ouroboros crates, that symbol has been on all crates since crates began.

Crates.png
    Edited by Number_51 on November 26, 2019 4:32PM
  • Kotusha
    Kotusha
    ✭✭✭
    Its close! Good catch.

It's also Illusion Magic sign
    SkyrimIllusion.jpg
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone whining about Skyrim fan service sure weren't complaining about Morrowind fan service...or Khajiit fan service...just saying...

Maybe just let fans enjoy what they enjoy and if you don't, then don't buy or play it. It's really quite simple.

Did Morrowind get released on ten separate occasions? Did any Khajiit themed game get released on ten separate occasions?

Now you know why people are tired of Skyrim anything
    Did you buy Skyrim on 10 different occasions? If so maybe that's where your problem starts...

I bought Skyrim 3 times, in fact... PS3, PS4 - and the original PC release - which then granted me the SE release. I also bought the TES Anthology... so I've owned it 5 times. Yet I'm still excited to see it in ESO.

How many times TESV was released doesn't affect ESO in any way because Skyrim in ESO is nothing like Skyrim in TESV. Being able to visit the same location in the past, in a completely different game, game engine and game style is nothing like a Skyrim Online and whatever arguments have been made in this thread. It's literally just the same location, styled vastly different, with vastly different actors in the plot and vastly different feel from the actual game of Skyrim altogether. The only similarities is geography and some lore elements.

People out here acting like they're making a carbon copy of Skyrim or something...

Not to mention ZOS pledged to fill out all the Tamriel map through this game's life... so one way or another the rest of Skyrim was coming. Besides once this chapter is out - guess what - you never have to see Skyrim related content again.
    Edited by lagrue on November 26, 2019 4:49PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • NeriaMorvayn
    NeriaMorvayn
    ✭✭✭
    I would LOVE to go back to Skyrim, wooooo!! <3
    New ID: PixelPsychologist. Can't get to change it in the forums.
    My merry band of misfits:

EU:

Telacar Aurelas ♢ Altmer Sorcerer/Warrior ᐁ⚔
    Galas Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Nightblade Assassin ⚔
    Ja'qen H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar Thief ⚔
    Solmaril Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
    Aras Morvayn ♢ Dunmer Sorcerer ✺
    Astidis Artellian ♢ Breton Dragonknight ᐁ
    Iva Axia ♢ Imperial Necromancer ⚔
    Deryah at-Ravan ♢ Redguard Warden Pirate ⚔
    Ingvar Ice-Wolf ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ

NA:
    Fenrir Stormcaller ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ
    Rana Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Sorceress ✺
    Aryaanye Direnni ♢ Altmer Hulkynd Nightblade Assassin ⚔
    Ancarion Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
    Skaði Frost-Fire ♢ Nord Dragonknight Witch ⚔
    Elanas Nightshade ♢ Bosmer Werewolf Nightblade ⚔
    Ri'zargo H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar ᐁ
    Shabani H'karr ♢ Khajiit Warden Thief ⚔
    Yara Galerion ♢ High Elf Templar ✺
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kotusha wrote: »
    Its close! Good catch.

SkyrimIllusion.jpg

That must be what its supposed to be. An illusion of good loot and RNG!
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it how everyone's beating around the bush it's time for my blood clan to fight in the Secret War against the other Daedra and Flea Dogs.

source.gif

It's time to rise form the Shadows my brothers and sisters revenge are king from our enemies that think our guard is down.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its close! Good catch.

SkyrimIllusion.jpg

A TRULY FITTING SYMBOL FOR THE DECEPTION THAT IS THE CROWN CRATE!

WELL DONE, GOOD CITIZEN. WELL DONE ZOS!

Furthermore, I am quite certain that cat eats a bit too much cheese...🤔
    Edited by Nyladreas on November 26, 2019 5:24PM
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just received my loot crate yesterday and inside was a map. It shows Skyrim north of craglorn, hammerfell to the south, and black marsh to the east.
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the Gloom. May be the Great Gloom? Or even the Great Darkness?
    You know, it's one of the Namira's name, yes. And our beloved khajiitis call her oblivion plan as Dark Behind the World. It should look a bit gothic I think.
    As for mushrooms, the Namira's rot is one of alchemy stuff till the "TES3:The Morrowind".
    Btw, you could met the part of Namira's plan in the MoL. You see: gloom, rocks and mushrooms.
    So the Scuttling Void and the Namira's theme confirmed I think. But it will be a Q4 DLC, not the Q2 chapter.
    799px-ON-place-The_High_Lunarium.jpg
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The triskelion doesn't have an exclusive use or meaning in ESO. Even the Outfit Station symbol is a variant of one.
    signing off
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its close! Good catch.

SkyrimIllusion.jpg

That must be what its supposed to be. An illusion of good loot and RNG!

I like this explanation more than mine.

tenor.gif?itemid=12870057
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They still have around 40% of Tamriel's land mass to cover. For example in Cyrodiil we only have the North and Central parts as well as the Gold Coast but a large chunk of Colovia and Niben are absent. So it could be either that, Western Skyrim, or even South Alik'r. The latter would make sense as publocity for TES6 if it's indeed set there.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akdave0 wrote: »
    I just received my loot crate yesterday and inside was a map. It shows Skyrim north of craglorn, hammerfell to the south, and black marsh to the east.
    Say what? Can you post a picture of your map?

• ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by ELawlis on November 26, 2019 7:04PM