Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Data Mining] New information about the next chapter

Cekercaro
Cekercaro
✭✭✭
ElderScrolls.Net has recently posted an article with some interesting information concerning ESO's future content.

new-chapter.jpg

Google Translate from Russian: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&u=https://elderscrolls.net/2019/11/25/32556-tes-online-informaciya-o-novojj-glave-iz-fajjlov-igry/

Some highlights:

New Crown Crates: Gloomspore and Nightfall.

The code name of the next chapter is «Scarp» .

Two new files related to the next chapter:
  • /esoui/art/store/gamepad/gp_crwn_questgiver_gm_prologue_1x1.dds
  • /esoui/art/icons/store_u26_gothic_collectible.dds
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mushrooms sound more like dunmer than nord
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Gloomspore" is what I should name my bathroom.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hoping is not Skyrim. I'm always for more Morrowind but I doubt it will be the case. Those mushrooms could be anything, I'm getting a bosmer feeling but I'm not a Lore savvy, so looking forward to all speculations :P
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like Blackreach stuff, something hinted at in Southern Elsweyr.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gloomspore is blackreach related i think
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see the words "gloomspore," "nightfall," "scarp" and "gothic." I'm in. I'm so in.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, scarp is short for "escarpment":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escarpment

Maybe it's in reference to the west/northwest portion of Morrowind where Blacklight is?
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightfall...Something related to "Night of Tears"?
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mushrooms sound more like dunmer than nord

Unless it's a reference to blackreach. Folks think 2021 is the ten year anniversary of Skyrim, but it would actually be November 2020. As much as I dislike eso's take on eastmarch and the rift, maybe they'll do better for the rest of it. Just better not have anything lore breaking like player shouts.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightfall and gothic look related to the volikhir. I hope theres a hide vampirism skin and other vampire skin variations available
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just hoping for overpowered proc sets <3
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In addition, we found a temporary description of the chapter. Now it looks like this:

SCARP:
    Travel to Scarp and uncover the story of ....

SCARP:
    Head to Scarp and find out the story ...

Classic ZOS.
    PS5 EU.
  • ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    I Originally posted this on Reddit:

"Alright, so again it points back to Skyrim. The only occurrence of "nightfall" that I can find (excluding Night Falls on Sentinel) deals with mounts/pets in game that have descriptions tying them to Reachmen and possibly Nocturnal. Given the "reach" appearance of the Gloomspore crate, the only existing use of nightfall, and the "scarp" appearance of the shoreline near Solitude, I think we know the expansion: 2020: Year of the Fan Service"

As a member of team "lets not go to Skyrim yet" unfortunately I think it's time to accept that that's the case.

EDIT: as for the use of "Gothic" please remember the term for architecture, and then look at the Blue Palace.
    Edited by ELawlis on November 25, 2019 6:02PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data mining ! Super fresh news ! And what do we get ?

Crown Crates Loot Boxes... :disappointed:

^ That perfectly sums up state of video game industry ^ :neutral:
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bugger.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, just because Elsweyr did it in its year, the year long story doesn't have to take place in one province. Chapter could be Skyrim, zone DLC might be Morrowind, Cyrodiil or Black Marsh...or more Skyrim we shall see.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »
    Keep in mind, just because Elsweyr did it in its year, the year long story doesn't have to take place in one province. Chapter could be Skyrim, zone DLC might be Morrowind, Cyrodiil or Black Marsh...or more Skyrim we shall see.

The whole point of this year long story gadget is having same assets for an entire year to save cash. So i very highly doubt that they would make such jumps it would require making some unique assets god forbid.
    PC|EU
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of people don't want a Skyrim chapter/DLC yet, saying ZOS caters to fanboys when they do a Skyrim DLC. But what's wrong with the land, because TES V was Skyrim?

Actually I think ZOS has been doing their best releasing DLC's and chapters everywhere but Skyrim! We've had DLC's in every part of Tamriel. Altmer, Bosmer, Breton and Orc territory are covered completely and Dunmer, Imperial and Khajiit territory for the biggest part. Only Redguard and slave territory have big gaps like the Nord lands, but they have had DLC's already. I think it is time we finally visit Skyrim in ESO!

Edit: typo
    Edited by caperb on November 25, 2019 6:13PM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Nightfall and gothic look related to the volikhir. I hope theres a hide vampirism skin and other vampire skin variations available
    UESP on the Volkihar: "They usually live in eastern Skyrim, beneath the ice of remote and haunted lakes, never venturing into the world of men except to feed."

How cool does that sound? :relieved:
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach. Markarth.
  • ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    I see a lot of people don't want a Skyrim chapter/DLC yet, saying ZOS caters to fanboys when they do a Skyrim DLC. But what's wrong with the land, because TES V was Skyrim?

Actually I think ZOS has been doing their best releasing DLC's and chapters everywhere but Skyrim! We've had DLC's in every part of Tamriel. Altmer, Bosmer, Breton and Orc territory are covered completely and Dunmer, Imperial and Khajiit territory for the biggest part. Only Redguard and slave territory have big gaps like the Nord lands, but they have had DLC's already. I think it is time we finally visit Skyrim in ESO!

It personally isn't that the zone is Skyrim, it's that ZOS will cater to fanboys when they do a Skyrim DLC. I would love a Skyrim DLC if it doesn't solely cater to people who only wanted to play "Skyrim Online", and try to fit a 4E peg into a 2E hole.

The other issue will be the influx of new players onto a (still) broken server, and the possibility of the response by ZOS when those new players complain about (weaving, nightblades being OP, demanding nerfs, etc.) and where that leaves the game when they leave.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone whining about Skyrim fan service sure weren't complaining about Morrowind fan service...or Khajiit fan service...just saying...

Maybe just let fans enjoy what they enjoy and if you don't, then don't buy or play it. It's really quite simple.

Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ELawlis wrote: »
    caperb wrote: »

It personally isn't that the zone is Skyrim, it's that ZOS will cater to fanboys when they do a Skyrim DLC. I would love a Skyrim DLC if it doesn't solely cater to people who only wanted to play "Skyrim Online", and try to fit a 4E peg into a 2E hole.

The other issue will be the influx of new players onto a (still) broken server, and the possibility of the response by ZOS when those new players complain about (weaving, nightblades being OP, demanding nerfs, etc.) and where that leaves the game when they leave.

If they had done a Skyrim chapter two years ago I would have agreed with you. But you can't say they cater to Skyrim fanboys when they have literally released new content in all the other provinces of Tamriel!

What else do you suggest? People will moan they already visited parts of the zone of it is anywhere else in Tamriel for sure.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I'm still playing both Oblivion and Skyrim, I'm not going to be happy if the next chapter is anything similar to either one. Might not even bother to buy the chapter at that point.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mushrooms and a scarp... it’s the telvanni Coast.

Which is good as I really want to cull some of those slaver scum... if it is the coast my necromancer assassin will be very busy 😈

Also mushrooms and rock might suggest black reach....
  • ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    @caperb My only suggestion is to not try to make "Skyrim Online", don't make huge changes to combat to "make it balanced", don't make all of us suddenly Dragonborn, and don't try to alter the lore and what's currently going on for the sake of Easter Eggs and fan service.

Again, my issue isn't that the zone is Skyrim, my issue is what happens to the game because the zone is Skyrim.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see the Bretons really explored. I think they are neglected.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Black Marsh and Argonian vampires.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ELawlis wrote: »
    @caperb My only suggestion is to not try to make "Skyrim Online", don't make huge changes to combat to "make it balanced", don't make all of us suddenly Dragonborn, and don't try to alter the lore and what's currently going on for the sake of Easter Eggs and fan service.

Again, my issue isn't that the zone is Skyrim, my issue is what happens to the game because the zone is Skyrim.

Oh the tears in Cyrodiil when everyone suddenly can 'Fus Ro Dah!!!!'
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone whining about Skyrim fan service sure weren't complaining about Morrowind fan service...or Khajiit fan service...just saying...

Maybe just let fans enjoy what they enjoy and if you don't, then don't buy or play it. It's really quite simple.

I'm afraid that the same thing will happen to Skyrim that happened to TES III with the Morrowind Chapter: that ZOS will strip mine it for nostalgia, turning it into a theme park version of itself with barely a fraction of the explorable content, with a story that barely stands on its own apart from references to the original work.

I am dreading getting another year where I can say "Why shouldn't I just boot up the original game and get a better experience?"

At least the Khajiit portions of Elsweyr were new and interesting. If ESO absolutely has to go back to the same ground as TES V, I hope they at least care enough to sell us something meatier than just nostalgia.