The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ri'Atahrashi.... is this suppose to be some kind of a sick joke?

Jeremy
Jeremy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Unless I am missing something, [removed bashing comment]

If you are going to make moves that just instantly kill people - they need to be well-telegraphed and understood. Not instant moves that seem to come out of nowhere and flood my screen with debuffs and death. I've died over a dozen times now trying to figure out this silly boss and frankly the mechanics of it just seem beyond imbecilic. The only time I've seen it beaten is when there are sufficient people around to simply die and reraise during the fight so it doesn't reset.

I hope this fight is bugged or something. I really do. [removed bashing comment]
Edited by ZOS_JesC on November 4, 2019 1:42PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't aoe the adds. They have a serious range attack, and will target one person that will cut down even the heaviest tank
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Don't aoe the adds. They have a serious range attack, and will target one person that will cut down even the heaviest tank

I attempted that method and concentrated on just the tiger boss. It didn't help much. But who knows, maybe it was Skoria or leeching or one of a dozen other automatic attacks that trigger regardless that was hitting the adds.... or maybe my ritual of retribution triggered it. Or perhaps there was an ally around who thought he would try to help out by attacking one of the adds. I don't know.

it seems ridiculous to me to have such an overpowered mechanic that obliterates people activated on something as simple as an add getting hit by an AoE attack. You may as well have moves that instantly kill you happen when someone breathes wrong at that point.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still have to kill the adds, those AK-47s they carry are no joke. But you need a few people to focus burn them while a tank or 2 deal with the main boss. The adds spawn quickly, so those add hunters need to be quick.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still have to kill the adds, those AK-47s they carry are no joke. But you need a few people to focus burn them while a tank or 2 deal with the main boss. The adds spawn quickly, so those add hunters need to be quick.

So if you have to burn down the adds - yet that is what triggers their nuclear attack - then how do you avoid dying by it?
    Edited by Jeremy on October 29, 2019 10:49PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

So if you have to burn down the adds - and that is what triggers their nuclear attack - then how do you avoid dying by it?

They seem to have their attacks linked. If you ignore them, they kill folks one at a time, if you aoe them they kill who ever did that. So you need several hard hitting folks, to target them and nearly one shot them so they don't get a chance to get those guns firing. I'm not saying that the fight is broke or not, but right now the way it is, it is an old school raid boss fight.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In practice, ZOS has no internal testing

Also no one in the office knows how to read or else they would have noticed all the feedback for the Dragonhold patch.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So if you have to burn down the adds - and that is what triggers their nuclear attack - then how do you avoid dying by it?

They seem to have their attacks linked. If you ignore them, they kill folks one at a time, if you aoe them they kill who ever did that. So you need several hard hitting folks, to target them and nearly one shot them so they don't get a chance to get those guns firing. I'm not saying that the fight is broke or not, but right now the way it is, it is an old school raid boss fight.

So you need a group of DPS characters who are capable of nearly one-shotting the adds to coordinate a single-target only charge against one add a a time, otherwise the move goes off and people die instantly?

I wonder what's next, a move that one shots people unless everyone attacks the right add according to the moon phase?

Thanks for the information though. I know you're just trying to help, even if it is convincing me further just how absurd the so-called mechanics are on this fight.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 29, 2019 11:20PM
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that boss, take few wipes to kill him.

It is a pity that those who complain that the game is too easy are now crying.

Nerf incoming.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »
    I like that boss, take few wipes to kill him.

It is a pity that those who complain that the game is too easy are now crying.

Nerf incoming.

There is nothing "challenging" about grouping up more people so you can reraise during the fight to beat it without it resetting... which is thus far the only way I've seen it killed.

Instant death is not challenging. It's just dumb.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their kung fu is definitly strong. I actually like this boss wish there were more like him cause it's challenging at last.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like challenging bosses, but I also expect them to behave in a similar fashion to existing ones, so they should telegraph attacks in a similar manner etc

ZOS seem to be both introducing a whole new system of indicators - very lightly indicated translucent AoEs - without either testing to see if they actually appear or if players are able to adapt to them.

This WB reminds me a lot of some Summerset ones which were buggy and rubbish on launch. They have yet to be corrected and very few players can be arsed to play them any more.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    Their kung fu is definitly strong. I actually like this boss wish there were more like him cause it's challenging at last.

Well he's all your's. You can have fun wiping over and over to him and enjoy your "challenge". I'll go fight bosses who don't just kill me out of the blue through no fault of my own and with no way to prevent it, short of carrying around enough players with me to serve as fodder to keep the fight from resetting while they die and get back up again.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 29, 2019 11:41PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The mechanic is for one person to run in big circles and to not die so the boss does not reset while the other players die, rez, and get one skill off repeatedly until boss and adds are dead. :p
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    I like challenging bosses, but I also expect them to behave in a similar fashion to existing ones, so they should telegraph attacks in a similar manner etc

ZOS seem to be both introducing a whole new system of indicators - very lightly indicated translucent AoEs - without either testing to see if they actually appear or if players are able to adapt to them.

This WB reminds me a lot of some Summerset ones which were buggy and rubbish on launch. They have yet to be corrected and very few players can be arsed to play them any more.

Yeah it's a sloppy and crude fight, full of cheap and irritating deaths.

I"m not against moves that kill you instantly. But they should be telegraphed and avoidable (like the dragon fire for example where people need to run out of its path). Not instant moves that come out of nowhere simply because someone used an AoE on adds.... or what ever it is that supposedly triggers that b.s.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 29, 2019 11:48PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I"m not against moves that kill you instantly. But they should be telegraphed and avoidable (like the dragon fire for example where people need to run out of its path). Not instant moves that come out of nowhere simply because someone used an AoE on adds.... or what ever it is that supposedly triggers that b.s.

IRONY ALERT!

PvE adds kill player in 1 second with no telegraph -- it's broken!
    PvP player kills another player in 1 second with no telegraph -- L2P!

Why isn't everyone wearing Defending trait in this boss fight?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 30, 2019 12:08AM
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People do know you can CC the adds right? You can control the entire group as a WW pretty much indefinitely.

Props to ZOS for designing a fight that requires actual effort.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    omg OP...you would flip if I tell you that I would wish all world bosses in eso to be copy paste from WoW WB instead! heavy mechanics...an actual raid grp to defeat them! and reward!...that's how u do a WB...not some solo elite...so yeah I hope this keeps coming cuz im tired of soloing everything especially as a tank...stuff should be hard if its group content...I assume cuz people like you Craglorn 1.0 got gutted into what we have now :<
    So stop complaining and play properly...learn mechanics dont ask for nerfs every 5 minutes.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

IRONY ALERT!

Dusk_Coven, if you were familiar with my postings you would have known that I'm no fan of instant killing in PvP either and am a frequent critic of over-the-top burst damage in PvP as well. If you don't believe me, go check my comment history. I've also never told anyone to L2P either.

So I'm not sure where this supposed "irony" is coming from.

Also: I was a tank with defending trait. It did crap. So if you think the defending trait is going to save you against what I'm talking about here then you are sorely mistaken. There is no defense in the world is going to save you from this move.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 30, 2019 12:47AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg OP...you would flip if I tell you that I would wish all world bosses in eso to be copy paste from WoW WB instead! heavy mechanics...an actual raid grp to defeat them! and reward!...that's how u do a WB...not some solo elite...so yeah I hope this keeps coming cuz im tired of soloing everything especially as a tank...stuff should be hard if its group content...I assume cuz people like you Craglorn 1.0 got gutted into what we have now :<
    So stop complaining and play properly...learn mechanics dont ask for nerfs every 5 minutes.

What "heavy mechanics"?

There are no mechanics that I can see. You just die...

Dragons are done well. That's an example of a World Boss done properly. But this guy... not so much. Have you even fought him? If so - why don't you explain to me how to "play properly"? Because so far the only "mechanic" I've seen is to bring enough players with you to die so the fight doesn't reset while they get back up again. And that's not exactly what I would consider an amazing "mechanic".
    Edited by Jeremy on October 30, 2019 1:12AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People do know you can CC the adds right? You can control the entire group as a WW pretty much indefinitely.

Props to ZOS for designing a fight that requires actual effort.

That's interesting, but what happens if you're not a werewolf?

Even assuming you are correct here, and that a werewolf is capable of locking down the adds to keep them from instant killing you.... that doesn't sound like actual effort to me. Just sounds like a gimmick that favors certain class strategies. How is a Templar for example suppose to lock down four adds at the same time indefinitely?
    Edited by Jeremy on October 30, 2019 1:13AM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

IRONY ALERT!

Dusk_Coven, if you were familiar with my postings you would have known that I'm no fan of instant killing in PvP either and am a frequent critic of over-the-top burst damage in PvP as well. If you don't believe me, go check my comment history. I've also never told anyone to L2P either.

I'm not trying to take sides here. I'm just observing that there's a double standard in ESO. And not just with player perspectives but obviously with dev perspective.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 30, 2019 2:03AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IRONY ALERT!

I'm not trying to take sides here. I'm just observing that there's a double standard in ESO. And not just with player perspectives but obviously with dev perspective.

I see.

Just wanted to make it clear that no such double standard applies to me. Because I'm against cheesy instant death moves whether it's in PvE or PvP.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 30, 2019 2:28AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you should be a werewolf and not have any aoe proc sets. Sounds like a great boss. It'll be even better in 3 months time when the zone is dead and no one helps in zone.

Thanks guys, who called for harder content. Really appreciate your work.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need more testing, but the adds don't seem to kill people farther away. If you are melee, might be smart to stick a bit back and range them with your bow first.

Source: my templar jabbing them got lit up like a Xmas tree, but when I rezzed and went to fight the boss (who was on the other end of the field), their aoe barely tickled as they laid waste to anyone closer.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is hardly "harder content," and it's a zone boss, not a dragon- so why should it not be challenging?

the problem is the larger community ignores the mechanics and treats every enemy like a punching bag. -it's why dlc dungeons are such a challenge for most players.

i don't fully understand this boss' mechanics, but i've done it with three other people that were standing around there. -it's doable- you just can treat it like your standard punching bag.
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Need more testing, but the adds don't seem to kill people farther away. If you are melee, might be smart to stick a bit back and range them with your bow first.

Source: my templar jabbing them got lit up like a Xmas tree, but when I rezzed and went to fight the boss (who was on the other end of the field), their aoe barely tickled as they laid waste to anyone closer.

Most likely other people had simply their attention. I was trying to get my daily done yesterday during the login issue, it was just 3 of us, I pulled the boss away and once the 2 other dudes were dead, the adds still came at me even obviously. They will get to you even if you ignored them.

This WB is completely broken, there is no real mechanic other than bringing as many people as possible to nuke the adds to have enough people still alive to keep the fight going.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DLM wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Most likely other people had simply their attention.

I was getting hit, but it was doing next to no damage. Everyone standing near them died almost immediately. I certainly had their attention.

Will try to capture footage tomorrow.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is hardly "harder content," and it's a zone boss, not a dragon- so why should it not be challenging?

the problem is the larger community ignores the mechanics and treats every enemy like a punching bag. -it's why dlc dungeons are such a challenge for most players.

i don't fully understand this boss' mechanics, but i've done it with three other people that were standing around there. -it's doable- you just can treat it like your standard punching bag.

If you have done it 2 day ago in the morning (7am utc+1 EU) I was probably with you !
    I've done it too with 3 other people.

I've done it alone 1 time, but it was probably bug cuz I had time to kill add and then focus on boss.
    I've try it again solo last day and get melted down x)

But at 4 (was heal + 3 good dps) we have done it 1st try, same strat, focusing add while 1 DD is on boss.
    As healer I give them olo/architect and vuln+zerk buff and they was hitting like truck.
    Not easy but fun and challenging.
    Edited by Aznarb on October 30, 2019 6:02AM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are they not just reflecting damage, then? That's what I thought it was, and when I stopped using my AoE on a bunch of them I stopped getting creamed as quickly. Hmm. Maybe just wasn't drawing their attention then. To me the timing seemed as if I was killing myself off. TBH I didn't look at the death recap.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

This boss is not an example of how to mitigate ‘boss nuking’ strategies. That boss would have lots of health and shielding. And decent mechanics.

This boss has no mechanics other than “just die”. It is not a challenge, it is atrociously designed and implemented. It’s like the World Bosses, like Reefhammer or whatever its called, in Summerset, which were buggy, still are buggy and are vacant lots even when they are a quest.

This fight is even more rubbish than the original Elsweyr dragons. At least there there were some indicators, you could avoid dying from a random, untelegraphed one shot (just), and they had some player interest. Like them this boss is buggy, badly designed, clearly not tested and released unfinished through lack of dev time. It will either be a total desert in a couple of weeks or radically amended to actually work in a later update.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on November 4, 2019 1:44PM