Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Update on PC NA & EU Issues [Updated 10/27 @ 8:40pm]

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for being patient, everyone. We're going to be deploying a hotfix later today (no downtime required) that should fix the issue where server instability occurs when the Activity Finder gets overloaded. We will deploy this on PC NA around 6:00pm EDT, and will also turn the Activity Finder back on at that time. Note the exact time could shift depending on internal testing this afternoon, but will update everyone with the exact time when we know it. We will then plan to deploy the hotfix to PC EU once we have validated the hotfix on NA. Stay tuned for further details, and thanks again.

Cool. Hot swapping the server squirrel! :smiley:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for being patient, everyone. We're going to be deploying a hotfix later today (no downtime required) that should fix the issue where server instability occurs when the Activity Finder gets overloaded. We will deploy this on PC NA around 6:00pm EDT, and will also turn the Activity Finder back on at that time. Note the exact time could shift depending on internal testing this afternoon, but will update everyone with the exact time when we know it. We will then plan to deploy the hotfix to PC EU once we have validated the hotfix on NA. Stay tuned for further details, and thanks again.

Thanks for the update!
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    questing gives almost no skulls except possibly those rare end of map encounters
    Dolmens are overrun, no loot from the final boss most of the time. -> make the final chest drop the skull instead of the boss?
    can't run trials as level 20-something
    can't run arenas as level 20-something
    can't really run public dungeons alone at my current level.

join a guild. ask for help. dragons drop plunder skulls for everyone unlike dolmens.
    pretty much every day there is an easy pledge that a lot of people can solo, so you could tag along as dps

Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 27, 2019 7:59PM
    Options
  • btaddict2014
    btaddict2014
    Soul Shriven
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    questing gives almost no skulls except possibly those rare end of map encounters
    Dolmens are overrun, no loot from the final boss most of the time. -> make the final chest drop the skull instead of the boss?

join a guild. ask for help. dragons drop plunder skulls for everyone unlike dolmens.
    pretty much every day there is an easy pledge that a lot of people can solo, so you could tag along as dps

Thanks, but...
    I have a guild. I have 5 guilds. Nobody really wants a low-level character tagging along because they're either doing pledges or farming gear....assuming people are still online due to the latest nerfs.
    dragons would be the same as world/delve bosses - 10-minute cooldown unless you go chasing them
    the only "reliable" no downtime way to both level and get some loot are dolmens...unless there are 100 people doing them or random normals as a healer/tank.
    Options
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: The update

One word...unacceptable
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody really wants a low-level character tagging along because they're either doing pledges or farming gear

If they are farming gear they'll say so. Generally very few people are.
    And easy pledges are … easy. Some are basically not significantly faster with 3 or 4 people.
    Options
  • btaddict2014
    btaddict2014
    Soul Shriven
    Nobody really wants a low-level character tagging along because they're either doing pledges or farming gear

If they are farming gear they'll say so. Generally very few people are.
    And easy pledges are … easy. Some are basically not significantly faster with 3 or 4 people.

Most people..myself included run pledges on vet hard mode

edit:
    Look, I don't want to keep arguing about this as it's neither the place nor productive.
    I'm sure if I spam guild/zone/whatever chat for an hour I might find a group or two. that's not the point..the point is the current lack of LFG functionality is SEVERELY limiting my options as a low-level character. And saying that they did this so that people can experience the event is counterproductive as I'm worse off than I would have been had they left it and had to take the server down for 30 minutes every 2, 3, 4 whatever hours.
    Edited by btaddict2014 on October 27, 2019 8:57PM
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, but...
    I have a guild. I have 5 guilds. Nobody really wants a low-level character tagging along because they're either doing pledges or farming gear....assuming people are still online due to the latest nerfs.
    dragons would be the same as world/delve bosses - 10-minute cooldown unless you go chasing them
    the only "reliable" no downtime way to both level and get some loot are dolmens...unless there are 100 people doing them or random normals as a healer/tank.

My favorite no downtime method isn't working right now: queue as a tank (DD with a taunt) for Fungal Grotto 1. 5 plunder skulls in less than 10 minutes.

Healer works too, but there I did have to wait in queue for a minute or two. Tank? Most runs, queue wait time was instant to 30 seconds.

And no one minds having a low level character in FG1, since its the easiest dungeon.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 27, 2019 8:38PM
    Options
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, if you just want skulls, call out in zone or guild for people to help you with a normal FG1 run. It's easy enough to do without tank or healer. If you have at least one good dps, you don't need 4 or even 3 people - it's easy enough to solo (except as a lowbie). This is an MMO; you need to have friends and guildmates for some content.
    Options
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait wait wait - performance issues are STILL happening and springs/orbs aren't causing them??? shocker!
    Options
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why did the server need to be taken offline to disable the group finder, but it can be hot fixed to re-enable it?
    Options
  • btaddict2014
    btaddict2014
    Soul Shriven

Why did the server need to be taken offline to disable the group finder, but it can be hot fixed to re-enable it?

well..my guess they made it a database entry..that wouldn't require a server bounce to take effect.
    Options
  • AmazingGuilds
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Same problem, Timed out from Server.....then Can't connect to Server. This started again 2 hours ago. Trying to log into my accounts. I can't stay logged in, I can't /reloadui throws me out of game. The emergency fix...didn't resolve much difference of the current problem.
    WE ARE ALL AMAZING, The United guilds of 5.
    AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL~~~AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN~~~ALMALEXIA'S AMAZING DEALS~~~GLORY GUTS AND GOLD~~~THE MERCHANT'S RESERVE
    In-Game Mail: @AmazingGuilds External Mail: amazingguilds@gmail.com
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update: It’s currently looking like the hotfix will be deployed closer to 8pm EDT. Again, no downtime needed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • StarMightyMaster
    StarMightyMaster
    ✭✭✭
    Man them EU players have no hope by time go on NA then by time there happy put it on EU
    Options
  • mongoLC
    mongoLC
    ✭✭✭✭
    extend the witches festival if it wasn't going on I wouldn't even bother logging in for this terrible patch! #ReplaceTheCT
    Options
  • StarMightyMaster
    StarMightyMaster
    ✭✭✭
    mongoLC wrote: »
    extend the witches festival if it wasn't going on I wouldn't even bother logging in for this terrible patch! #ReplaceTheCT

They all ready say they would as they should
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update: It’s currently looking like the hotfix will be deployed closer to 8pm EDT. Again, no downtime needed.

Yes please tell them to take their time so it gets done right the first time.
    And thank you for the updates!
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was it the squirrels this time? Removing deers wasnt enough to save Cyrodiil for sure
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Was it the squirrels this time? Removing deers wasnt enough to save Cyrodiil for sure

Discount replacement squirrel died before they could install it. They are out trying to catch another server squirrel.
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They didn't say they WOULD, they said ide it's something on the table being discussed.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They didn't say they WOULD, they said ide it's something on the table being discussed.

My personal feeling is that they will. There are considerations, though. One that I can think of is how many Event Tickets they want handed out. Extending it raises that. That is the main reason I see them not extending it.
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, they said it's still discussed. Probably they will extend the event, but it's still not sure.
    Options
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will this hotfix fix the problem with disappearing achievements?
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NA become the test server for EU.

And it's actually a good idea. From what I gathered so far, EU was impacted by this significantly worse (probably due to more condensed prime time for just 2-3 time zones rather than 3-4 in the US).

So the NA server is able to handle the broken code for longer before negatively impacting players. So if they see the fix is working, nothing to change for NA. If they see no change, they can just turn it off again.

They could do the same in the EU, but if things go south too quickly, they might need a full downtime again, even if it would be just a short one.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We just completed the hotfix on PC NA, and the Activity Finder is re-enabled. We're currently monitoring and validating all changes, and if all goes well, will deploy to PC EU in about a half hour or so.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just completed the hotfix on PC NA, and the Activity Finder is re-enabled. We're currently monitoring and validating all changes, and if all goes well, will deploy to PC EU in about a half hour or so.

Would it be better if people just waited until off-hours to play?
    Options
  • Pyvos
    Pyvos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be better if people just waited until off-hours to play?

Given the situation lately, all hours feel like they've been "off-hours" :frowning:

Options
  • ArrVeeGee
    ArrVeeGee
    Activity finder is still not doing anything for me on PC NA. So either the hotfix hasn't actually been applied or I'm missing something here....
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ArrVeeGee wrote: »
    Activity finder is still not doing anything for me on PC NA. So either the hotfix hasn't actually been applied or I'm missing something here....

Hmm, try relogging? We see lots of players in the queue, so it is on and working. By "not doing anything" do you mean clicking the queue button does nothing?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post