The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

R.I.P. PC EU

• coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    coletas wrote: »
    And some people still believe the melting servers are a result of a problematic engine...

It's the HARDWARE, guys. It can't handle load and high player activity.

some of those some people are analyst and know what they are talking about. Something that cant be scalable with hardware (which is the cheapest solution) is a hardware issue. All symptomps are a concurrency problem, and you cant go much further with more hardware... maybe a little with better one, but even with that, performance increase is going to be poor. The game need better analysts, from the first day, but that is difficult, long and expensive to fix nowadays.

Yes, you can go a lot further with hardware. Proof is the MYM event. With 100% player activity 24/7, Cyro was working like a charm because ZOS probably rent extra server capacity or sth.

ok XD
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...again?
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long loading screens on PC EU (more then 5 minutes per zone), some of the guildmates report the same thing. Is it common after the last patch?
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Booted from server?
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaa, PC NA will come online soon

PC EU will remain offline for maintenance till about 19:00....
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »

Oh we can visit your server, too...it will crash.
    Love my Stamsorc
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh we can visit your server, too...it will crash.

I play on PC EU, that was a phony laugh.
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4RtvMQp10

ZOS is working on it. Give ’em time.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This topic is already over a year old :D
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

DAMMIT, STUPID THREAD NECROMANCER! YOU RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RESURRECTED IT QUICKER THAN ME! 😂 😂
    Edited by Nyladreas on November 2, 2020 3:24PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, guess the EU server got deconstructed instead. And they don't have the Crystals to reconstruct it yet...
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f846f4ca0253f258-putin-facepalm-gif-putin-facepalm-discover-share-gifs.gif
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect it to be broken every patch to be honest, i would be surprised otherwise
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Gwyijnblade
    Gwyijnblade
    ✭✭
    What a surprise that PC EU is down again....
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D gg
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Windir1985
    Of course EU is broken again. And of course again during the Event....
  • Azirel
    Azirel
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you even consider doing a maintanance on NA server first if that's night for them.

Screwing EU and making them wait even longer.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe implement more aoe cooldown tests since your servers were fine.

Irony of these test is always amusing.
  • AntiFTW
    AntiFTW
    ✭✭✭
    Windir1985 wrote: »
    Of course EU is broken again. And of course again during the Event....

Something tells me it even has something to do with the event. Instead of trying to fix the Impressario bug for the past four days, they decide do it while doing maintenance.. Which backfires, of course.

And because they are so open and transparent about what's going on all we can do is wait and hope. At least Blizzard support had the decency to give regular updates, but all ZOS can do is saying they're aware of the problem and apologize.

Don't apologize, FIX IT! There's plenty money coming in since it doesn't seem to be a problem to release new content regularly. I bet 90% of the players would be happy to not get any new content for a year, if the most important and blocking bugs where fixed. There's threads going way back about bugs that still exist today. Not even speaking of the annoying fact that spells dont even cast the first time you push a button 2/3 of the times.

[snip] They must be aware that this isn't really good advertisement. If a friend asks me if they should start playing it, I'm not sure what I would say. All the good experiences are overshadowed by the constant failure to plan maintenance, the bugs that amaze seasoned programmers, and the performance that just grinds to a halt when all the players that have bought the game actually decide to login.
    Which is displayed on every new release of new content, or during each event such as the one ongoing at the moment.

And the saddest thing of all, now that they are sold to Microsoft, I'm not even sure if the threat of people walking away because of all this incompetence would be enough to scare them straight. I'm guessing only true bankruptcy will shake up the people in charge, but then it will be too late. A shame, since it could've been so much more, with just a little more effort.

One of the remarks I heard describes it best: "This would be the best current MMORPG if it wasn't for the bugs, and the servers." [snip]

[Edited to remove Bashing]

EDIT: LOL Bashing they said, so now telling the truth is bashing. Well at least I know they read the posts now, they just decide not to respond to them.
    Edited by AntiFTW on November 2, 2020 6:09PM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course EU effs up, this is why I sleep all day so I don't have to wait
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The issues just grow and grow...
    No crown Store at present - guess that'll get fixed fast
    :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we all agree that this game offers so much fun at the moment while reading the forum,
    much more than trying to log into this farce of a game.

It seems a great investement by MicroSoft already.
    The way things go atm, MS will only take what is left of ZOS , and that would probably be the infrastracture.
    Can't see how this game and this team is not going to cause a massive blow on the reliability and the credentials of this company...
    Edited by KoultouraS on November 2, 2020 10:25PM
  • Raevin
    Raevin
    ✭✭✭
    My God, the combat in Cyro feels horrible...
    As soon as the aoe tests were over, ballgroups started roaming again so the already struggling servers went kaput and because some factions have no strategy and are utterly lost without these skill-spammers, no one can enjoy the PvP now.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raevin wrote: »
    As soon as the aoe tests were over, ballgroups started roaming again so the already struggling servers went kaput and because some factions have no strategy and are utterly lost without these skill-spammers, no one can enjoy the PvP now.

ESO was advertised as such you know...The problem is that it fails miserably at the task.
    Maybe you can call "false advertisement" on it ,
    which in any other civil situation would be deemed a
    punishable (punishable at least by compesation) missdeed , but you can't
    blame the game for being something they were luring gamers in with when the game was initialy advertised.
    Edited by KoultouraS on November 3, 2020 9:44PM
  • Raevin
    Raevin
    ✭✭✭
    KoultouraS wrote: »

ESO was advertised as such you know...The problem is that it fails miserably at the task.
    blame the game for being something they were luring gamers in with when the game was initialy advertised.

Was advertised as what?
    Come play brainless mode until our trash servers explode? Because if that's the case, boy they did a great job!
    PC-EU on prime time is a nightmare.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KoultouraS wrote: »

Was advertised as what?
    Come play brainless mode until our trash servers explode? Because if that's the case, boy they did a great job!
    PC-EU on prime time is a nightmare.
    It was advertised as "all against all" massive online , epic pvp mode ... (besides pve ofc)
    Now, as for how it performs and whether it is up to the task i think it doesn't need explanation.
    If you are new here, take my advise, it won't change, they can't fix it, you are losing your breath
    It is evident, because as time goes by, they are going on breaking more and more things in the game.
    It is either plain incompetence or this game is beyond fixing and it is so , cause in order to fix something
    they break something else.
    6 years and still going...
    Two things are happening imho:
    Either we are very patient, or they are so naive to believe this game can go on for another 6 years in the current state.
    I have already said goodbye to this game.
    Only loging for daily writs since the 1st EU lockdown in March.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Tamriel just go boom?

Things started to delay, be a bit odd, went up the mountain to a HS in The Reach - nothing there but the red thing in the middle.

I see lots of the friends log off at the same time then this one also gets booted out.

When Khajiit she eventually gets back in she is at the bottom of the mountain again.

Tries to port to a house less than 20 seconds later. Gets kicked out again.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the crashes don't annoy you, it will be the latency in Cyrodiil. If that doesn't annoy you it will be the clunky gameplay due to everything becoming server side. And even when that doesn't annoy you it will be the tanky boring player mentality. Cyrodiil PC-EU is at it's all time low. :smiley:
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
This discussion has been closed.