The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

R.I.P. PC EU

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit off-topic. Was anyone able to get a BG tonight on the PC-EU Server? I usually run 1-2 a day just to keep myself in shape, and normally it takes 10-15 minutes to get one but today I was queued for a total of 2.5 hours, in chunks of about 30 minutes and I wasn't able to get any pop. I had no trouble on NA.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    A bit off-topic. Was anyone able to get a BG tonight on the PC-EU Server? I usually run 1-2 a day just to keep myself in shape, and normally it takes 10-15 minutes to get one but today I was queued for a total of 2.5 hours, in chunks of about 30 minutes and I wasn't able to get any pop. I had no trouble on NA.

I got 1 game and then 2 times 30m+ queues. It is broken.///
    Because I can!
    Options
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off topic: A useless fact posting to recognize this topic is almost a year old being started in October 2019 but is still a VERY relevant and active topic.

120 pages and counting...

PCNA probably isn't far behind in this respect anymore imho. Funny thing is this is probably the biggest culmination of factual information regarding said topic, and one of the biggest topics ever on these forums. I always see it pop up to the top of the front page at least 2-3 times a month.

*Hint* *Hint* ZoS
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
    Options
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭

ZOS clearly decided to force player to go test Cyro and do not have relax in BGs....
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS clearly decided to force player to go test Cyro and do not have relax in BGs....

Think it's the activity finder as a whole that's bugging. Dungeon Finder have been a mess all evening too.
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pc eu - game keeps loggin out, cant log in, when i can log in massive wait to join BGs
    Options
  • phuein
    phuein
    ✭✭✭
    N489hbc.png

In NA, on repeat for lots of players. RIP just tried to get back to the game.
    Author of beloved and rejuvenated addons:

ShowMount           • PvP FPS 2018

Notebook 2018         • Junkee 2018

BestFriends 2018      • New Addon

Target Dummy Tools   • Guild Rank Colors
    Options
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    R.I.P PCE EU and why not R.I.P tesO? :p
    Options
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    RIP, lots of dc's again.
    Options
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what Cyro PVP on PC EU looks like...

vf3roX5.jpg

This just looks like an organized assault on a keep, there's one way to beat this, organize a counter assault
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    This is what Cyro PVP on PC EU looks like...

vf3roX5.jpg

This just looks like an organized assault on a keep, there's one way to beat this, organize a counter assault

This is actually frozen players because I got dc. You can never beat a dead server. :D
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on October 1, 2020 1:20PM
    Options
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got kicked from the server and it won't let me log in again...
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, experiencing W.A.I (Work as intended) too
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of long load in times, then disconnected from the server.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow there's a dedicated thread.
    Options
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, i also get weird long loading times.
    Options
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ESO+ Free trial...server can't cope

:s
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Long load times, take forever to get to characther screen to switch toons, opening mail takes ages and after a while the game wont even allow me to retreive mails.
    Options
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, just after the server update as well.
    Options
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    Still the same old misery. 10 minutes loading screens!

* Return to the harborage. 10 minutes loading screen to travel to Stonefalls.
    * Enter the harborage. 10 minutes loading screen to go through the door.
    * Listen to the old fool babbling. 10 minutes loading screen to exit said door.

I give up.
    PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.
    Options
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's so weird, I can't log out from the character I'm on. I think I'll have to force shut and play on NA.

ETA - Quitting worked, so I guess it's just the character-select screen that can't be reached.
    Edited by Czeri on October 12, 2020 6:58PM
    Options
  • NaomiHutt
    NaomiHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to access the traders around the world is super laggy, server feels awful.
    Options
  • Verbum_Rithimus
    Verbum_Rithimus
    ✭✭✭
    It's dead again and loadscreens hang
    It whimpered, died without a bang.
    Again it seems it's come to pass
    Eu server acts like ... something-that needs booted
    Options
  • Stillian
    Stillian
    ✭✭✭
    Did they implement yet another performance patch? or maybe their contract for additional server space has ended. We cant start a raid for 40 min already, people cant port into an instance
    Elitist Scum Guild PC EU
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stillian wrote: »
    Did they implement yet another performance patch? or maybe their contract for additional server space has ended. We cant start a raid for 40 min already, people cant port into an instance

Free eso+ trial.
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am absolutely speechless about their inability to ever learn.
    Also, so much for all those client and server side optimizations. Load of bull if you want my opinion.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ZOS actually start upgrading your out of date server hardware?

Oh.. I forgot that would cost real money and you just cant do that since it would be an actual investment.
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And some people still believe the melting servers are a result of a problematic engine...

It's the HARDWARE, guys. It can't handle load and high player activity.
    Options
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    And some people still believe the melting servers are a result of a problematic engine...

some of those some people are analyst and know what they are talking about. Something that cant be scalable with hardware (which is the cheapest solution) is a hardware issue. All symptomps are a concurrency problem, and you cant go much further with more hardware... maybe a little with better one, but even with that, performance increase is going to be poor. The game need better analysts, from the first day, but that is difficult, long and expensive to fix nowadays.
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    coletas wrote: »

some of those some people are analyst and know what they are talking about. Something that cant be scalable with hardware (which is the cheapest solution) is a hardware issue. All symptomps are a concurrency problem, and you cant go much further with more hardware... maybe a little with better one, but even with that, performance increase is going to be poor. The game need better analysts, from the first day, but that is difficult, long and expensive to fix nowadays.

Yes, you can go a lot further with hardware. Proof is the MYM event. With 100% player activity 24/7, Cyro was working like a charm because ZOS probably rent extra server capacity or sth.
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on October 12, 2020 11:15PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.