The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Senche-raht mount

Yuffie91
Yuffie91
✭✭✭✭✭
Are there any more of this mount type? I did not get the one from collector edition as it was too expensive but I did buy Elseweyr and the mount is connected to the chapter please don't tell me there is only that 1 mount.. Is there no other way to obtain it ingame? I bought Elseweyr so should be able to get some mount that looks like it?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it was a give away, not sure if you can get it now, if not in Crown store then i would say its a No
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they are mounts unique to Elseweyr. Why not make more models of it players can obtain ingame in Elseweyr?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's a collector's edition exclusive?

It'll be available in 7 months when Elsweyr cycles out.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been other recolours datamined, so it's likely they will show up in the Crown Store in the future.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been other recolours datamined, so it's likely they will show up in the Crown Store in the future.

Or they're replacing the Indriks next year. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does everything have to be crown store? x.x
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or they're replacing the Indriks next year. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I hope not fully replace as I don't have all Indriks yet..more like make it an option besides Indrik would be nice
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    data mining 5.1 had this beauty...so expect to see it sooner or later...

aw_crwn_mounts_goutfangsencheraht_1x1.jpg
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want a white spotted one :hushed:
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuffie91 wrote: »

Why does everything have to be crown store? x.x

Because Zo$ is Zo$. I'd want more things obtainable in game aswell, buuut yeah. Zo$.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • HelathAndrethi
    HelathAndrethi
    ✭✭✭

It's up now, and it costs 500 crown gems...
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The equivalent of about $150

big ol' scam going on here
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For that price you can buy a real one... :o
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

You can also get it for free.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »

How can one do so?
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Welp..my 70 gems won't cut it
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How can one do so?

I think they mean by buying crowns with gold. But even then if you need to buy crown crates for them until you get 700 crystals......

Thanks zos :'(
    Edited by Yuffie91 on October 11, 2019 6:51AM
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭

LoL! Unless you own a crap load of stuff offered in the Crown Cates, 500 Gem = about 250$. j/s.. Zos? Greed is real.

(For a reskin of the one you got as part of Elswyer)
    Gert Soem!!
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skullderic wrote: »

LoL! Unless you own a crap load of stuff offered in the Crown Cates, 500 Gem = about 250$. j/s.. Zos? Greed is real.

I didn't get the other one as I thought it was too expensive so was hoping for this :(
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭

I didn't get the other one as I thought it was too expensive so was hoping for this :(

I wasnt going to get it either, but I did. I really like the Senche-raht mount look, I want That one to but thats a insane amount for it. I had to take a triple look to make sure I was seeing it right, 500 gems. so that'll never happen.

I'm sure there will be other reskins of it. 2500-4000 crowns.
    Gert Soem!!
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been sooooo many things I've just had to resign myself to not being able to get because they were only available for crown gems. I don't buy crown crates as a rule. Not going to spend real money on the small possibility that I might get something that I want. But now that I've started to accumulate a lot of in-game gold I may consider an occasional gold-to-crown exchange for crates. I don't have that kind of real cash to drop on cosmetic items, especially after having to purchase chapters twice and paying for two ESO+ subscriptions (we have two players in the house who love this game). After only one year of playing I have a very long list of items that I wanted but could only be purchased with crown gems. The list of items that I refuse to pay $50, $100, or more for is equally as long. If the real cash cost is more than about $25 I don't consider it worth the purchase. And those $25 purchases are reserved for things I think are exceptionally cool.

After that rant, yes, OP, I am right there with you. ZO$' greed knows no bounds. They really don't need to charge as much as they do for cool crown store items, but they really seem to think we all have money trees growing in our backyards. Not this girl.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any more of this mount type? I did not get the one from collector edition as it was too expensive but I did buy Elseweyr and the mount is connected to the chapter please don't tell me there is only that 1 mount.. Is there no other way to obtain it ingame? I bought Elseweyr so should be able to get some mount that looks like it?

It does look cool, a huge bare like big cat, for those into that kind of thing... but practically speaking its actually a bit like a Camel to ride, i.e very wonky and bumpy, it feels annoying and I therefore dont even use it now!

I imagine in due course you may gain access to further sench rat mounts. But for now it was only granted as part of the appropriate Elsewyr package.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allright, let's make some calculations...

If you have no gems, or a ridiculously low amount, like 10 or so, you'll need to open many crates. My own experience is only worth it as my own, not as a general value, but in my own experience, you get about 4-5 gems per crate when you start opening crates from a new season. I mean "new" here as in "I haven't opened crates of that type yet". If you open a large amount of crates, say 50, you'll get more gems on average later on, because of the many duplicates you'll get. IF the system was half-decent, you'd have a choice to convert into gems things you don't already have to increase their number faster, but you don't have that option, so you start with a low number of gems per crate until you get duplicates, where it ramps up slightly.

In my own experience again, the ONE time I massively opened crates to get an apex mount I really, really wanted, I needed 49 crates. I never got any mount from the crates themselves (with my usual "luck", I'd have gotten the camel, so in a way I'm glad I didn't), but it took me 49 crates to get 400 gems. So, to get 500 gems, which is 1.25 times as much I'd need to open about 1.25 as many crates. Because at this point I'd have basically everything besides apex / radiant apex, and would get gems from duplicate every time, it's probably a bit less, so I'll be generous and estimate that at 60 crates. If I'm lucky. And by "lucky" here I mean "I hope I don't waste a crate on getting some stupid radiant apex thing I can't trade for gems". That's a very peculiar definition of lucky, here.

60 crates, purchased in packages of 15, means 20 000 crowns, or 124 € if you get the best value bundle for the amount you're gonna need. That's about as expensive as a manor, which is already quite expensive, except that I have no guarantees to even get what I want without spending some more, and on the other hand I'll get a truckload of things I don't care about. If I wanted anything from those crates, I would already have purchased some. I don't see that as "freebees" to complement my wanted purchase, I see that as a waste of money. And, dear ZOS, people don't spend money when they feel they're wasting it.

If you had made this mount available for direct purchase, I'd have gotten it, even for 5 000 crowns or more. But the effective price you're asking is ludicrous, and made even worse by the gambling involved (it's a gamble because you have no certainty about how many crates you will really need) and the plethora of unwanted things one has to bear with to get it.

Sometimes, the only winning move is not playing the game. If you guys don't want my money, just say so. If you want my money, make it so I can actually spend it on things I want.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , please, could you relay this to whomever is in charge ? That kind of terribly bad business practices has to stop.
    Edited by Uryel on October 11, 2019 10:56AM
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »

If you have no gems, or a ridiculously low amount, like 10 or so, you'll need to open many crates. My own experience is only worth it as my own, not as a general value, but in my own experience, you get about 4-5 gems per crate when you start opening crates from a new season. I mean "new" here as in "I haven't opened crates of that type yet". If you open a large amount of crates, say 50, you'll get more gems on average later on, because of the many duplicates you'll get. IF the system was half-decent, you'd have a choice to convert into gems things you don't already have to increase their number faster, but you don't have that option, so you start with a low number of gems per crate until you get duplicates, where it ramps up slightly.

In my own experience again, the ONE time I massively opened crates to get an apex mount I really, really wanted, I needed 49 crates. I never got any mount from the crates themselves (with my usual "luck", I'd have gotten the camel, so in a way I'm glad I didn't), but it took me 49 crates to get 400 gems. So, to get 500 gems, which is 1.25 times as much I'd need to open about 1.25 as many crates. Because at this point I'd have basically everything besides apex / radiant apex, and would get gems from duplicate every time, it's probably a bit less, so I'll be generous and estimate that at 60 crates. If I'm lucky. And by "lucky" here I mean "I hope I don't waste a crate on getting some stupid radiant apex thing I can't trade for gems". That's a very peculiar definition of lucky, here.

60 crates, purchased in packages of 15, means 20 000 crowns, or 124 € if you get the best value bundle for the amount you're gonna need. That's about as expensive as a manor, which is already quite expensive, except that I have no guarantees to even get what I want without spending some more, and on the other hand I'll get a truckload of things I don't care about. If I wanted anything from those crates, I would already have purchased some. I don't see that as "freebees" to complement my wanted purchase, I see that as a waste of money. And, dear ZOS, people don't spend money when they feel they're wasting it.

If you had made this mount available for direct purchase, I'd have gotten it, even for 5 000 crowns or more. But the effective price you're asking is ludicrous, and made even worse by the gambling involved (it's a gamble because you have no certainty about how many crates you will really need) and the plethora of unwanted things one has to bear with to get it.

Sometimes, the only winning move is not playing the game. If you guys don't want my money, just say so. If you want my money, make it so I can actually spend it on things I want.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , please, could you relay this to whomever is in charge ? That kind of terribly bad business practices has to stop.

I'd rather go clothes shopping for that money instead of buying crown crates to get the gems :D
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭

What's sad is, you can buy ESO w/ all the DLCs for 1/4 of the cost that mount is.. Insane!

Even the Rare Crate mounts @400gem is insane, That's about right. 60-75 crates (if you have most stuff) to get 400-500 Gems.
    If you're lucky.
    Gert Soem!!
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What's sad is, you can buy ESO w/ all the DLCs for 1/4 of the cost that mount is.. Insane!

Even the Rare Crate mounts @400gem is insane, That's about right. 60-75 crates (if you have most stuff) to get 400-500 Gems.
    If you're lucky.

I have just had my newest rescued stray cat neutered, vaccinated and mircochipped for a lot LESS than the cost of that one mount. My cat will get many more happy years as a result.

After many years of solidly subbing, I recenty cancelled it due to EU being treated as 2nd-class, the stupid clown crates and this gross greed that ZO$ has going on, along with a few other issues. I miss the bag for sure, but I quite like having extra cash every week for a few special extra treats for my cats and I can still play the game happily with my buddies.

Until things improve, ZO$ will get not another £ off me.
    Edited by AlienSlof on October 11, 2019 3:32PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still think senche raht mount animations are still buggy.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've made showcase video for Goutfang senche-raht mount :)

https://youtu.be/FuhkBzrfqZs

You can see and hear... that it has nothing special to justify such high price. Especially if you already own Senche-raht mount from Elsweyr Collector's Edition :/

The fur pattern is beautiful, I wanted this mount since we got datamined picture of it. But I agree that there is nothing to justify the price and category. When I previewed it in game, I spent lot of time deciding if it's worth buying.
    In my case, it was worth it, and I had lot of fun with poses and goofy movements of this girl <3 If only she had better armor and much lower, sane price :'(

She is nice guardian:

dSmKsGP.jpg

We discuss our plan how to fight an enemy:
    fQOKFvN.jpg

I signal her to attack:
    3DzEV8e.jpg

Muzzle/face of the first senche-raht looks more fierce, and second senche-raht looks permanently surprised (or shocked) :D

jgsqS2K.jpg
    Both variants of senche-raht look good anyway:
    bh0whGv.jpg

However, I really wish Goutfang had darker pattern on neck, back and tail (rough example on the left):

putpp4K.png

"Omg, this place is beautiful!.."

KI2dh9S.jpg

Fur pattern is beautiful under the sun:
    mr4N8sC.jpg

LpTmMGX.jpg

Khajiit party walking:

tZ1qPUX.jpg

Senche-raht gathering:

AwBdDyR.jpg

Beautiful face angle under soft light:
    bDsygpp.jpg
    If you have no gems, or a ridiculously low amount, like 10 or so, you'll need to open many crates.

If only this senche-raht had nice special effects, edited voice, cool armor... I could understand the need to open crates just to get it. But it's hard to believe that this (ordinary) mount was meant to lure people into buying crates - it seems more like gem sink if you already have some stash :o
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope, ZOS is making that money whether you buy those scam crates yourself or ask someone else to do it for you
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you had made this mount available for direct purchase, I'd have gotten it, even for 5 000 crowns or more.

This right here. Totally agreed. How many currencies does a cash shop need? Crown "Gems" need to FOAD.

CC: @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom