Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

The root of all evil is the CP system. Remove it already and stop nerfing EVERYTHING else

• r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cp ain't the problem main is animation cancel and light attack go check any dps parse light attack does the most damage and also grants ulti regen so it is the major factor for power creep .
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    Oh wow, people get really upset at dying in this game, dont they? Half my Xes come from Battlegrounds with no CP. There is absolutely nothing you can do that will stop you from getting bursted. Dizzy nerf? Not saving you. Ani cancel nerfs? Not saving you. Dot nerfs? Not saving you. Every time you nerf players that are better than you the nerf hits you as well. Just stop lol. At least explain why you feel it's a problem, because making statements with no supporting information is just sad.

Poorly managed game..Switch to BDO.
    Better combat system for pvp. Better graphics too.

Also consistently has a lower review rating than ESO. Gotta be great................ /S
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's not. Many games have an alternate advancement system, you know what they don't have?

Idjits trying to balance PvP and PvE.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    Oh wow, people get really upset at dying in this game, dont they? Half my Xes come from Battlegrounds with no CP. There is absolutely nothing you can do that will stop you from getting bursted. Dizzy nerf? Not saving you. Ani cancel nerfs? Not saving you. Dot nerfs? Not saving you. Every time you nerf players that are better than you the nerf hits you as well. Just stop lol. At least explain why you feel it's a problem, because making statements with no supporting information is just sad.

Poorly managed game..Switch to BDO.
    Better combat system for pvp. Better graphics too.

BDO is a joke. Granted it plays better but that is because they put less into it. PvE is a total joke. No real end game. Combat is pathetic for a modern game. I would rather play WoW or FF before BDO and I hate both of those games.

What I find odd is this person suggests switching to BDO but they are clearly here and not there. I have never frequented a forum, let alone ever posted, for a game I no longer played. Someone seems to be attached to ESO.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    CP certainly is the main culprit imo, but alot of gearsets 5piece bonuses and specificly proccsets are aswell. Proccsets are too strong in NOCP imo

Like OP you are really not saying anything. Main culprit for what? Certainly you are not talking about power creep because the math does not support that in any means. Basically we have no idea what the issue is you are talking about.

Barely skimmed the posts, that was my bad. Dunno what the OP means, but personally im talking about unbalance in pvp and stupid metas that keep changing and switching from one stupid meta to the next. ie. tankmeta, proccmeta, speedmeta etc etc

PC EU
    PvP only
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP certainly is the main culprit imo, but alot of gearsets 5piece bonuses and specificly proccsets are aswell. Proccsets are too strong in NOCP imo

Like OP you are really not saying anything. Main culprit for what? Certainly you are not talking about power creep because the math does not support that in any means. Basically we have no idea what the issue is you are talking about.

Barely skimmed the posts, that was my bad. Dunno what the OP means, but personally im talking about unbalance in pvp and stupid metas that keep changing and switching from one stupid meta to the next. ie. tankmeta, proccmeta, speedmeta etc etc

You can set your CP as you desire. If you choose a bad CP setup that is no different that choosing bad armor sets and skills. Further, CP does not cause metas by any means. Heck, until this PTS I cannot remember any significant change to CP since Morrowind. I am sure there has been a tweak since then but CP has so little effect on metas changing from one update to the next.

Further, Tank meta has been around since before CP. While stronger at times since CP there is a whole lot more that goe into it than CP. Same with speed meta. You are essentially complaining about the game as a whole and pretty much nothing about CP.

But that is your choice and I am not suggesting tank meta is not an issue nor do I like the abundance of proc sets in the game as they are merely crutches.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can set your CP as you desire. If you choose a bad CP setup that is no different that choosing bad armor sets and skills. Further, CP does not cause metas by any means. Heck, until this PTS I cannot remember any significant change to CP since Morrowind. I am sure there has been a tweak since then but CP has so little effect on metas changing from one update to the next.

Further, Tank meta has been around since before CP. While stronger at times since CP there is a whole lot more that goe into it than CP. Same with speed meta. You are essentially complaining about the game as a whole and pretty much nothing about CP.

But that is your choice and I am not suggesting tank meta is not an issue nor do I like the abundance of proc sets in the game as they are merely crutches.

I agree with almost all you said, except the proc sets... I like that they exist, even though I don't use many of them... I think they help close the skill gap, since they are free passive damage/heal/utility. Makes for better overall dungeon experiences for users, as a consequence also for the group, and makes PvP easier for them, which makes then want to return. Keeps game alive and all that.

Now... Is it a crutch? Yes, it is. Nothing to do with OP point though... Or lack thereof.

And OP is blaming the bed when they caught the spouse cheating on them. The spouse is cheating?! Sell the bed!

Going back to topic, proc sets are part of power creep and should be toned down, to the point that the reason to choose them would be necessity and ease of use out of lack of skill to do otherwise, not because they are BiS. Proc sets shouldn't be bis.

I find the balance of sets to be the actual villain, since every update comes with clearly OP-er sets to force/strongly suggest people to buy into the new meta, in a marketing move akin to p2w, but not quite.
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    caperon wrote: »
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Sets are the problem, not CP. Dmg has increased while CP has been stagnant, only proof you need.

Stop trying to kill the last bit of vertical progression the game has.

Stop calling vertical progression a system that is not progression. It was supposed to be but it failed. It's just a grind for new players and a was just a formality for veterans each 3 months.

Interesting, my wife joined up 3 months back, already at 418cp. She didn't think it was a grind. Just standard 2-3hr play after kids go to bed.

Oh well, if we are discusing about Fungal Grotto then im out.

If only....
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what, if ZoS makes a pledge that they will no longer nerf ni matter what aberration of a invincible, all powerful unstoppable and unmovable force any person can do on this game afterwards, sure yeah i would hop on the “Remove The CP” bandwagon, but ZOS has to keep their promise 😏
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are essentially complaining about the game as a whole and pretty much nothing about CP.

I am complaining about the cp system (amongst other things) prove me wrong.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are essentially complaining about the game as a whole and pretty much nothing about CP.

If the fact we haven't had a CP increase in a year, but DPS continues to skyrocket despite that fact, isn't proof enough for you...let's just say no logic will reach you.

Why don't you try proving what exactly the problem is with CP. Especially since it's been frozen for a year.
    Edited by Kel on September 25, 2019 2:42PM
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only CP
    1. LA doing too much damage
    2. Animation cancelling
    3. Buffs and Debuffs with minor and major variants
    4. Weapon and guild skill are much better than class skill (where they should be only support or a much weaker variant of a unique class skill)
    5. ...
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Not only CP
    2. Animation cancelling
    4. Weapon and guild skill are much better than class skill (where they should be only support or a much weaker variant of a unique class skill)
    5. ...

Inb4 LA weaving ate somebody's baby

• mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not only CP
    2. Animation cancelling
    5. ...

😯

Who would say such a thing?

Edited by mairwen85 on September 25, 2019 4:24PM
  • Thicclady
    Thicclady
    ✭✭✭
    Title

let me guess, you low level who are not willing to put the work to get CP.

/thread
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭

With enough cp there is no such thing as bad cp setup. You can balance buff pretty much everything without downsides.
    And that is one of the problems... CP should add another layer of complexity/customization for our builds instead of add power across the board.

Edited by crazywolfpusher on September 25, 2019 3:49PM
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This discoussion ended when they made CP front loaded....
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

With enough cp there is no such thing as bad cp setup. You can balance buff pretty much everything without downsides.
    And that is one of the problems... CP should add another layer of complexity/customization for our builds instead of add power across the board.

That is how it was intended to be. However, it is a mathematical system. There will always be an optimal configuration depending on player goal. To make it what it should have been, CP should cover more than just combat stats, and investment should be weighted against adequate sacrifice.
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, the Ani cancel nerf DID help PvP, quite a bit. The dizzy nerf will too, as people resort to throwing rocks. Literally.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thicclady wrote: »
    Title

/thread

Sure thing, 1320 CP are not enought.

/people that speaks out of their ass
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Not only CP
    2. Animation cancelling
    5. ...

😯

Who would say such a thing?

LMAO
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO!!!!!!

The CP system is what ALLOWS players to PICK WHATEVER RACE THEY WANT without losing as much as picking the BIS race. The CP system helps diversify the pool of races, builds, and roles.

I swear to god if ZOS took away recovery and damage from the CP system and didn't place it somewhere else, you will not see any of the other races used. That is why ZOS should take their time in trying to readjust the CP system and not be demanded to do it asap...which they ALREADY stated they're working on it.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on September 26, 2019 1:50PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. Read again. I did not say you did not complain about CP. I said you pretty much said nothing about CP. You were so vague that it is not even clear you even know why you do not like CP. Not exactly worthwhile information. But if you want to run into the forest and just complain for the sake of it, go at it and enjoy.
    • Duskruler
      Duskruler
      ✭✭✭
      Make a None Cp server or 2, let them port their toons over to this server if they want, hell make a pvp server for them and leave the pve alone!! because this power creep thing is all about pvp

I like the CP system and I miss it..there is no power creep for the MAJORITY OF US. 810 and most people still cant solo world bosses or group dungeons.

Stop changing the game to accommodate the hand full of uber players and focus on the majority.
    • mairwen85
      mairwen85
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Title

/thread

1320 and you still don't understand the system and complain about grind? Hmmm...

/people who think 1320 is an impressive number
    • xxthir13enxx
      xxthir13enxx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SimsBeats_The_Root_Of_All_Evil-front-large.jpg
    • Korah_Eaglecry
      Korah_Eaglecry
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Removing CP would put us back to square one with progression. People hated the Veteran Ranks system because of how tedious it was. And returning to it or something similar would create new issues for the development team.

Its far more reasonable to work at the current system and aim for something that is far less likely to be exploited and drive power creep than the current iteration.
      Penniless Sellsword Company
      Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
      Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
      Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
      Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
      What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    • caperon
      caperon
      ✭✭✭✭
      Title

/thread

1320 and you still don't understand the system and complain about grind? Hmmm...

Yes, I don't complain for myself, I point how it slows new players in access content. How disconsiderate of me.

Its not, its just a correction to wrong guesses:

"let me guess, you low level who are not willing to put the work to get CP."

But hey in my language we say "creique y penseque, los amigos de tonteque"
    • mairwen85
      mairwen85
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Title

/thread

Yes, I don't complain for myself, I point how it slows new players in access content. How disconsiderate of me.

Factoid: it doesnt slow players from accessing content. But very cool you're so considerate...
    • caperon
      caperon
      ✭✭✭✭
      Title

/thread

Factoid: it doesnt slow players from accessing content. But very cool you're so considerate...

Yes it does, not for Fungal Grotto, that is true.