Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

The root of all evil is the CP system. Remove it already and stop nerfing EVERYTHING else

caperon
caperon
✭✭✭✭
Title
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with gear sets too?
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are already planning on reworking it, which is why it hasn't increased (and won't) this year. Not necessarily for the reason you stated but made no effort to explain, prove, justify, or give examples of. Rejoice
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow, people get really upset at dying in this game, dont they? Half my Xes come from Battlegrounds with no CP. There is absolutely nothing you can do that will stop you from getting bursted. Dizzy nerf? Not saving you. Ani cancel nerfs? Not saving you. Dot nerfs? Not saving you. Every time you nerf players that are better than you the nerf hits you as well. Just stop lol. At least explain why you feel it's a problem, because making statements with no supporting information is just sad.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sets are the problem, not CP. Dmg has increased while CP has been stagnant, only proof you need.

Stop trying to kill the last bit of vertical progression the game has.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm fairly certain that ZOS has a nerf addiction. This isn't going to stop nerfs.

Let's however assume they did remove CP, after the nerf we're about to get. Do you honestly think that's healthy for the game?
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are already planning on reworking it, which is why it hasn't increased (and won't) this year. Not necessarily for the reason you stated but made no effort to explain, prove, justify, or give examples of. Rejoice

Its self evident!
    Edited by caperon on September 24, 2019 3:12PM
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly certain that ZOS has a nerf addiction. This isn't going to stop nerfs.

Let's however assume they did remove CP, after the nerf we're about to get. Do you honestly think that's healthy for the game?

Ive been telling ZOS the same since 2 years ago but they wont listen!
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be difficult to remove completely. Everyone at 810 would be nerfed way too much. Talk about a mass exodus of players.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember when they first mentioned the plan to rework CP, and I haven't heard a thing since about actual changes. The first impressions most people had were that in the next patch or two it would be addressed. That obviously wasn't true, and I recall them stating something along the lines of "revisiting CP in the future" but no specific time-frame or date. I guess my point is that it might be awhile before it's actually reworked.
    Edited by Donny_Vito on September 24, 2019 3:13PM
  • Ingel_Riday
    Ingel_Riday
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rather like the CP system, to be honest. As @Siohwenoeht noted, it's a vertical progression system that is rather forgiving in a sense (no matter when you start, it's take about a year to max) and it gave me an incentive to keep doing daily random dungeons.

Truthfully, and this is crazy ol' Ingel talking here... I'd prefer it if they rolled back the AOE, pet, and dot nerfs in lieu of Diablo-esque difficulty tiers. Want more challenge and a better chance of purple drops? Up your tier from normal to hard. Want an even better chance and even more challenge? Up your tier from hard to unforgiving.

Depending on how you did it, you wouldn't have to make separate zone variants for each difficulty tier, either. Just adjust individual player stats; at normal, you are 1 to 1. At hard, you get a 10% reduction in armor and do 10% less damage to enemies (Debuff Status: Hard Mode). At unforgiving, you get a 25% reduction in armor and do 25% less damage to enemies (Debuff Status: Unforgiving Mode), and so on. Oh, and you have to do XX % of the damage to an enemy monster that dies in order to qualify for the better drop rates, so no having a friend at normal helping you cheese the system by whacking the monsters almost dead for you so that a light attack can finish them off.

There. The game has its challenge back for those that want it without breaking every player character's knee caps with ye olde nerf mallet every three to four months.
  • Ingel_Riday
    Ingel_Riday
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and before I forget: I advocate changing around the player's status with "tier mode debuffs" because it's a lot easier to calculate than adjusting every monster's health based on individual player preference. Instead of having to say "oh, the player is in hard mode. Creature's health goes from 1,000,000 to 1,000,000 x 1.10... but only for this player" or something bizarre, the player's actions are all just 10% less effective via a simple debuff calculation. The worst calculation would be the "if player_name contributed damage to creature AND damage was greater than or equal to XX % of creature's total health, then apply Y% to epic loot roll chance upon creature death."

Eh, just food for thought. It looks like a lot of us are unhappy with the nerfs, but demanding that the lumberjack cut down other trees because he felled your favorite maple seems counter-productive.
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rather like the CP system, to be honest. As @Siohwenoeht noted, it's a vertical progression system that is rather forgiving in a sense (no matter when you start, it's take about a year to max) and it gave me an incentive to keep doing daily random dungeons.

Truthfully, and this is crazy ol' Ingel talking here... I'd prefer it if they rolled back the AOE, pet, and dot nerfs in lieu of Diablo-esque difficulty tiers. Want more challenge and a better chance of purple drops? Up your tier from normal to hard. Want an even better chance and even more challenge? Up your tier from hard to unforgiving.

Depending on how you did it, you wouldn't have to make separate zone variants for each difficulty tier, either. Just adjust individual player stats; at normal, you are 1 to 1. At hard, you get a 10% reduction in armor and do 10% less damage to enemies (Debuff Status: Hard Mode). At unforgiving, you get a 25% reduction in armor and do 25% less damage to enemies (Debuff Status: Unforgiving Mode), and so on. Oh, and you have to do XX % of the damage to an enemy monster that dies in order to qualify for the better drop rates, so no having a friend at normal helping you cheese the system by whacking the monsters almost dead for you so that a light attack can finish them off.

There. The game has its challenge back for those that want it without breaking every player character's knee caps with ye olde nerf mallet every three to four months.

Such an overcomplicated solution. Mine is easier, specially when CP is not a vertical progression, its a slog for new players and not progression at all for veterans, personally ive been above the cap since i reached 510 CP.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP has little to no effect on the balance issues. It's so frontloaded that 30 cp every 3 months only amounted to like a 5% increase in power each year.

Standardizing damage however, is only making things worse. The game was almost balanced 10 months ago. All they had to do was nerf Sorc, but Sorcs whined turning the nerf into a buff, and then we were left with this travesty.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the CP system. That's what it's all about, and gives you individuality to make your character the way YOU want it, rather than "the one right way" that some other unnameable games seem to gravitate toward. I do agree on the QUIT NERFING THINGS bit, buuuuuuuuuuut you gotta have balance.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP has little to no effect on the balance issues. It's so frontloaded that 30 cp every 3 months only amounted to like a 5% increase in power each year.

Standardizing damage however, is only making things worse. The game was almost balanced 10 months ago. All they had to do was nerf Sorc, but Sorcs whined turning the nerf into a buff, and then we were left with this travesty.

This is now a “nerf sorcs” thread.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want more CP
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is now a “nerf sorcs” thread.

Gotta nerf something. It's the ESO way.
    Edited by Agenericname on September 24, 2019 4:35PM
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    caperon wrote: »
    Title: The root of all evil is me @caperon. Remove my forum acces already and only nerf ME, leave everyone else alone.

I think we all can agree to this.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forums are the real root of all evil in ESO. :s
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 24, 2019 4:18PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I like the CP system. It gives us more customization for our characters, which is nice. If the devs listened to every whiner on this forum, the game would be destroyed.
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Title: The root of all evil is me @caperon. Remove my forum acces already and only nerf ME, leave everyone else alone.

I think we all can agree to this.

I prefer you to keep posting, even if its only for gratuitous coments about my person.
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    No. I like the CP system. It gives us more customization for our characters, which is nice. If the devs listened to every whiner on this forum, the game would be destroyed.

What customization? Having 75 thaum, 56 elfborn, 56 elemental expert? Because its easy to maximize the CP bonus, there are addons for it even. If you mean PVP, allright you can keep CP for pvp as long i can keep playing in no cp pvp, where i dont get cancer.
    Edited by caperon on September 24, 2019 4:32PM
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sets are the problem, not CP. Dmg has increased while CP has been stagnant, only proof you need.

Stop calling vertical progression a system that is not progression. It was supposed to be but it failed. It's just a grind for new players and a was just formality for veterans each 3 months.
    Edited by caperon on September 24, 2019 4:47PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

It's supposed to work this way, but if you actually customize you become non-viable. The diminishing returns don't diminish enough, leaving us with a system that still makes most sense to stack all your points rather than spreading them around, exactly the opposite of how the system is supposed to be. Even after multiple updates aimed at changing this, it remains the same.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope the problem is that all classes are almost the same. a wizard shouldnt be a tank or a stamsorc or any of that.
    If you want to be a thief a sorcerer shouldnt be good at all, is not only mechanics it is the basic gameplay that must be changed also the game mechanic is too basic and without much variety.
    It seems that they only put effort into cosmetic things like a horse with lights, a wolf and 100000000 trillion forms of cats, but they are useless they dont fight dont talk dont give quest or lore or anything!!.

Make classes matter, put attribute systems in place (and a complex one!) so you can be a sorcerer for example but you have a limited finite NUMBER of atributes poitns that you MUST win and how you use them will determine how that sorcerer will play crowd control? full single damage? aoe attacks? low magick regeneration but high damage? etc etc (DONT LET PEOPLE CHANGE THEY ATTRIBUTE SELECTION you want to change then start AGAIN)
    Edited by Maxx7410 on September 24, 2019 4:43PM
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stop calling vertical progression a system that is not progression. It was supposed to be but it failed. It's just a grind for new players and a was just a formality for veterans each 3 months.

Interesting, my wife joined up 3 months back, already at 418cp. She didn't think it was a grind. Just standard 2-3hr play after kids go to bed.
  • NeoXanthus
    NeoXanthus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Title

You can spend your 810 CP however you want. It adds complexity and depth to your builds. It is not the reason for the recent nerfs in fact it is not even related as most of the complaints are from the battle grounds. CP however, is not instant gratification it takes time and If you don’t have 810 CP please take the time to get it rather than putting effort via the forums to take it away from the people that have invested the time & effort. Personally, I think that cap should be 1080 so we could put a total of 120 in each sign of the 3 constellations.
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »

Stop calling vertical progression a system that is not progression. It was supposed to be but it failed. It's just a grind for new players and a was just a formality for veterans each 3 months.

Interesting, my wife joined up 3 months back, already at 418cp. She didn't think it was a grind. Just standard 2-3hr play after kids go to bed.

Oh well, if we are discusing about Fungal Grotto then im out.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stop calling vertical progression a system that is not progression. It was supposed to be but it failed. It's just a grind for new players and a was just formality for veterans each 3 months.

How is it a grind? CP 0-300 takes hardly anytime at all... The game content is balanced around 300, once you are to that point you can complete any content in the game.

How are these new op sets not the problem?
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeoXanthus wrote: »
    Title

You can spend your 810 CP however you want. It adds complexity and depth to your builds. It is not the reason for the recent nerfs in fact it is not even related as most of the complaints are from the battle grounds. CP however, is not instant gratification it takes time and If you don’t have 810 CP please take the time to get it rather than putting effort via the forums to take it away from the people that have invested the time & effort. Personally, I think that cap should be 1080 so we could put a total of 120 in each sign of the 3 constellations.

WTF are you talking about. I have almost 1400CP without trying. Its not about how hard is get CP or not, its about how all the other parts of the game have been gutted to leave space for CP.
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭

How is it a grind? CP 0-300 takes hardly anytime at all... The game content is balanced around 300, once you are to that point you can complete any content in the game.

How are these new op sets not the problem?

Yes, all nice until you try to get in a guild to do trials and you get asked to get CP cap or gtfo. If you are talking about pvp, ye, try to pvp against someone with 810 cp having you 300. Oh, you can play no CP pvp, yes, that only reinforces my point. If we are talking about banished cells I, again, im out.
    Edited by caperon on September 24, 2019 5:06PM