Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Trader swap issue - EU server

• Urigall
    Urigall
    ✭✭✭
    Changing the system for the benefit of exploiters is always the wrong message to the whole community

ZoS haven't benefited the exploiters - ZoS have pulled the rug out (typo edit) from under the exploiters' feet.

Give it a few months.

Edited by Urigall on August 24, 2019 3:29PM
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urigall wrote: »
    Changing the system for the benefit of exploiters is always the wrong message to the whole community

ZoS haven't benefited the exploiters - ZoS have pulled the rug out (typo edit) from under the exploiters' feet.

Give it a few months.

well, lets wait and see. but it was pretty eyeopening, since mainly those exploiters were jumping on the multi bid boat, while the rest has been complaining. wether its been a troll thread of a console ghost guild owner who was happy to have better chances for placing his ghost guilds now or wether it was an pc eu backup user, which was first against multibid but jumped on the multi bid train as soon as zos announce the change, that the disband-stuff wont work anymore.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS for looking into, and trying your best to fix these issues!
  • kate.georgeb16_ESO
    kate.georgeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Personally... given the rage at the excess gold caused by the bug, I probably would have just gone with a 100% refund instead of a 150% refund.

My small guild lost about 115k gold. I don't think a refund of 150% will make any difference either to us or the community as a whole so no need to get upset about it ;)
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I heard yesterday a couple of gm mentioned their refund, it's been also the bigger guilds, not only those small without second and third backups. Also I didn't hear any complaints so seems this round of the overall fix has been successfull.

I wanted to write this yesterday already, sorry for the delay. People complain if something goes wrong, so might be okay to also comment, if something went correct.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I heard yesterday a couple of gm mentioned their refund, it's been also the bigger guilds, not only those small without second and third backups. Also I didn't hear any complaints so seems this round of the overall fix has been successfull.

I wanted to write this yesterday already, sorry for the delay. People complain if something goes wrong, so might be okay to also comment, if something went correct.

I can confirm that. ZOS started sending refunds for guilds at last night.
    How it went for me:

2 x 10 K refunds for traders which I did bid for (and which I also won), but which I didn't get normally via system due bug.
    Those two spots my team hired for 10 K. (Exact the same spots which I did bid for)

I also got 1 x 150 % refund for my third guild, which couldn't hire original spot in time due UI bug.
    For this guild Monday maintenance fixed the bug and I was able to hire a spot from Anvil.
    Tbh I was glad to see that devs didn't think that my Anvil back up was worth of the original bid I created at different spot and they gave me 150 % refund instead.

All fine here, what comes with refunds. :)
    Edited by Fiktius on August 25, 2019 12:33PM
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tho just heard osman still missing of one guild.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooo I am getting excited for tonight, the whole "will it work/wont it work" just adds to the enigma of it all
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like everything worked fine tonight. Really hope we'll never see anything like that ever again!
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • Elessar1993
    Elessar1993
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine still had the same issue as last week. It showed a trader on guild page but the trader was empty and she couldn't hire as she already owned that trader. She did send a ticket, so i hope she will be helped real soon.
    Guildmaster of Stendarr's Merchantry which is part of Valinor Trading Union
    • Valinor Traders: Vivec, 300k sales or 20 donations, @BansheeVT
    • Valinor Overflow: Vivec, 150k sales or 15k donations, @Muradinius
    • Valinor Merchants: Elden Root, 50k sales or 10k donations, @BansheeVM
    • Valinor Vendors: Wayrest, 25k sales or 8k donations, @Leandra.c
    • Stendarr's Merchantry: Alinor, 10k sales or 5k donations, @Elessar1993
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thorvarg wrote: »
    Runs wrote: »
    Second, we are investigating a small number of guilds and individuals who severely abused the issue and spent, moved, or otherwise laundered a large sum of duped gold and will be taking appropriate action on those accounts.

Will you guys just take action on the alt accounts people used to take the gold out or will you be going after the main accounts involved. I mean surely no one was dumb enough to take it out with their main account. Seems pointless if it got laundered back to a main account and they just lose access to a mule.

We have all the necessary logs and can see exactly who spent, moved, laundered etc. the duped gold and where it went.

Most guild still have around 50% of the false repayments.

If the guild won it's bids and the someone other guild took their spot anyway via the bug, then they should be compensated to some extent beyond just the cost of their bid. I There is precedent for that because guilds in Craglorn lost their spot when One Tamriel came out. My guild was one of the compensated guilds. I got my bid gold back plus 1 million gold back then after filing a ticket.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did the guild flip on EU this week go down? Was everything smooth?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did the guild flip on EU this week go down? Was everything smooth?

Yes, everything's fine.
    Proof : even Blobs is happy :-)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/491076/pc-eu-economy-is-fixed#latest

(/sarcasm inside, but the trader flip per se actually did go well, thanks the Eight !).

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 25, 2019 9:32PM
  • Aragorn79
    Aragorn79
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Afik everything went well. I was there and there was no lag like last time and the turnover succeeded. Let's hope it keeps working.
    PC EU
    DC D'aryn, Breton Magblade
    DC T'agwyr, Redguard Stamblade
    EP B'eryth, Nord Magsorc
    EP K'ewan, Nord Magplar
    AD L'adaryel, High Elf MagDK
    AD S'eladiel, Wood Elf StamWarden
    DC D'evyn Imperial StamDK
    DC G'avyn Breton MagNecromancer
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    So were evil add-ons turned on at the time of the flip?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wavingblue wrote: »
    So were evil add-ons turned on at the time of the flip?

Are you asking if they guild history addon functionality was restored?
    Additionally, we have re-enabled guild history for addons on both servers.
    Like they said... it was only a temporary measure to quickly deal with the problems last week.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm asking was it on? They can that on and off with a flip of a switch now.
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was today’s downtime to take the remaining gold from guild banks? Anyone know?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you confirm?

Just don’t want to touch our gold until I know you’ve finished taking away / giving back! :D
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did yeh, they also announced that before :p

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom do we get any statistical update on th at outcome? Amount of removed gold, amount of punished accounts and so on. Like back then in the bleakers-ap-exploit times? No names, but numbers?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• vlakipn
    vlakipn
    ✭✭✭
    They did remove more gold today (for me at least).
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They certainly did remove more gold. They took the gold for the trader I never got last week. I hope. This is a one time mistake. ZOS said they would make sure we got the bid money back, if we won and didn't get the trader. So, do I get the guild's gold back or not?
    Edited by Arrodisia on August 26, 2019 8:23PM
  • ShowMeYourMoney
    ShowMeYourMoney
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom do we get any statistical update on th at outcome? Amount of removed gold, amount of punished accounts and so on. Like back then in the bleakers-ap-exploit times? No names, but numbers?

Agreed with asking for more trasnparency.

And appearently, there are guilds managed to keep some of the excessive gold. I personally know at least one guild, only 1.8mil was removed of a total of 6mil 'duped' gold (And guild bank had > 7mil). What really concerns me is that if this can happen to one, then it can happen to more.

We never know how much progress was made, what sort of impact is going to have, without some stats. I just have very little faith when ZOS says ''we fixed it'. Prove it. Far as i can tell, no you didn't.
    Edited by ShowMeYourMoney on August 26, 2019 8:03PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally know at least one guild, only 1.8mil was removed of a total of 6mil 'duped' gold (And guild bank had > 7mil). What really concerns me is that if this can happen to one, then it can happen to more.

We never know how much progress was made, what sort of impact is going to have, without some stats. I just have very little faith when ZOS says ''we fixed it'. Prove it. Far as i can tell, no you didn't.
    For this specific guild you speak of, are they saying that they are still in possession of 4.2mil of bug-duped gold, even after this morning's maintenance? Keep in mind that there have been two passes at removing gold directly from guild banks. Is it possible that the person you heard tell about the guild in question was referring to the results of the first removal pass and not the second?

Also, I'm a little confused how ZOS could possibly "prove it", as you say. They can't very well show us the ledgers of each guild. An aggregate report would prove nothing. They would just be more unproven numbers.
    Edited by silvereyes on August 26, 2019 11:16PM
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too can confirm that they didn't manage to remove all surplus gold. My guild still has around 5M more in the bank than it should be and I heard similar stories from other GMs.
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They took the last remaining extra million from our guild, the balance now looks to be about correct.

I was able to get a good spot in Skywatch, guessing whoever bid for it had their bid cancelled, only cost 500K!

Next week probably back to out in the sticks again!
    Edited by Mathius_Mordred on August 27, 2019 11:19AM
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. Free trader. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama-free social group enjoying PVE questing, PvP, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Was today’s downtime to take the remaining gold from guild banks? Anyone know?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you confirm?

Just don’t want to touch our gold until I know you’ve finished taking away / giving back! :D

Sorry for the delay! Yes, and we'll have a final update for everyone today that should button up everything. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm so curious... i'm so curious... i'm so curious... i'm so curious... i'm so curious... i'm so curious...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    same here, though i doubt we will get an awful lot of insight
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at my Seaveil Spire

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Leyawiin, Blackwood)
    ~ Daedric Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in random front row spots across Tamriel)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We’re wrapping up our work for the gold dupe issue and wanted to give you the latest.

On Monday, we performed a second round of gold extraction to remove most of the remaining duped gold from the PC-EU server. Any gold remaining in your guild bank is yours – feel free to spend it moving forward.

If your guild bank balance was reduced to zero, your guild falls into one of two groups. Either your guild spent a little too much of the duped gold and we’ve zeroed out your guild bank balance and are calling it even, or we have removed as much of duped gold from your guild bank as we were able and are still investigating your guild to remove the rest.

For anyone who falls into one of two groups who have had their guild balance reduced to zero, our Support team will be in touch in the next few days to let you know if we have concluded our investigation of your guild, or if it is ongoing.

And lastly, we are in the process of refunding gold to guilds who lost gold during the guild trader bidding process on Sunday, August 18. Some guilds have already received their refund, plus a little extra, deposited to the guild leader’s account. We expect to have this wrapped up by Wednesday, August 28. After that date, if you believe that you are still deficient gold please file a Support ticket and we will look into it for you.

Thanks again for everyone’s patience and cooperation!
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post