Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• ESO Website for maintenance – August 22, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC)

I still can’t believe we have people complaining about the look of vampirism

zParallaxz
zParallaxz
✭✭✭✭✭
Your not supposed to look aesthetically pleasing when you have vampirism. That’s one of the many disadvantages of it, it’s already a easy perk when you don’t have to feed and you get full passives. What’s next, people want a human polymorph for their demihuman characters.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    What people SHOULD be complaining about instead is the lack of vampire skills (Despite most basic vampire npcs having way more than we do) and the fact that every magic character takes vampire.


    The fact that over half of the playerbase is vampires purely just because "it's the best on magic chars" is horrible design.

    I can agree, when vampire has these sort of issues and all most people complain about is how they look it's....kind of off putting.

    I think if magicka users are literally forced into a subclass then that's a bigger issue.

    Yeah I see your point, vampirism should be a niche thing in general. But we don’t have a true paladin play style or a very in depth dawn guard skill line. Maybe Zos will revisit the interactions of vampires and the dawnguard within the game.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    however why do my black Khajiit with black hair turn white while the hair who is part of the fur but growing longer is black?

    On the other hand I agree with you in that 99.999% want the vampire buff with no downsides.

    Grabs tail: ZoS could obviously charge 5000 crowns for this and then nerf hard.

    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good thing about rise of magplars and magdks is that vampire filth will be mass cleansing.
    Restart your router
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭
    My khajit was orange like my brother's cat now he is yellowish-white, he looks horrible I thought he would just get som marks in the eyes, vampirism looks horrible it could had been done with more grace.
    I do not complain about the looks of my breton vampire he looked horrible before already, I just complain about the cat.
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭
    If you don’t want a vampire character, don’t make a vampire character. I’m totally not into the whole undead thing and wouldn’t make one whether they appeared ghoulish or sparkly.
  • aqunnna
    aqunnna
    I made my breton vampire only because of looks and nothing else. I think stage one looks really good, stage two can look good too. Stage 3 and 4 are disgusting. For my breton vampirism is nothing more but awesome free skin for roleplay.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    What people SHOULD be complaining about instead is the lack of vampire skills (Despite most basic vampire npcs having way more than we do) and the fact that every magic character takes vampire.


    The fact that over half of the playerbase is vampires purely just because "it's the best on magic chars" is horrible design.

    I can agree, when vampire has these sort of issues and all most people complain about is how they look it's....kind of off putting.

    I think if magicka users are literally forced into a subclass then that's a bigger issue.

    Not really. I do know competitive raiders who are not vampires. Further, some are vampires on some magicka characters but not all. Yes, it is min/maxing but it is very small in the end.
    Really, idk
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I still don’t get is a black furred Khajiit suddenly turning stark white
  • warabi
    warabi
    ✭✭✭
    If I didn't feel obligated to be a vampire due to the resource regeneration I wouldn't complain about it. Vampirisim is hideous and I resent the need to even be one in the first place.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Your not supposed to look aesthetically pleasing when you have vampirism. That’s one of the many disadvantages of it, it’s already a easy perk when you don’t have to feed and you get full passives. What’s next, people want a human polymorph for their demihuman characters.

    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Illusion
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Count_Verandis_Ravenwatch

    In fairness, Verandis is a different bloodline from the player vampires. He may, in fact, be the only example of his bloodline, I'm not 100% certain.

    I still think we should have a lot of options, including skins for stages 1-4 so we can lock at a specific aesthetic, but Verandis isn't a fantastic precedent.
    Co-Host of The Tenets: a podcast focused on bringing new players up to speed in ESO.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any issue requesting a change to the skin, I do like the fact that it gets worse as you progress through stages I just don't think it was very well done. Zos has greatly stepped up their texture game since vampire skins were released, so it would be nice to see them do another pass.

    I would like to see them take some cues from Skyrim's Dawnguard dlc, and add an ultimate similar to the WW transformation. It would be nice to see vampirism be separated from the min maxing aspects of the game and given a unique niche of its own.

    I also saw a cool werewolf model in a dungeon video that I coveted for my WW (no idea what dungeon, I've only been back a month or so), it would be cool if when you became a WW or Vampire you unlocked an option in your collection window that would allow you to customize your WW or Vampire form. All of these are smaller concerns, but if I had more options for decking out my toons, I would be over the moon.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like stage 1 vampirism, stage 2 can kinda look ok with the right outfit, but the rest is just plain ugly.
  • Blodreina
    Blodreina
    Soul Shriven
    Yes Stage 1 is perfect, i even do my characters in stage 1 when i create them for best result :)
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    It's terrible game design right now. Look ugly and get a free passive. Gameplay perks should come with gameplay drawbacks. This is especially true of an MMO where fashion is such a big part of endgame.

    You know about the fire damage drawback right? And the health regen drawback? There is most definitely "gameplay drawbacks" beyond RP ones.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still can’t believe it’s not butter.

    Still.
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Albino Argonians always appear atrocious
    @King-Koopa
    Odyssey - PC/NA
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
Sign In or Register to comment.