Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 5
· NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/663391

Crown Store Showcase - August (It's Finally Here!)

• WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and its utterly dissapointing
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    These players are the reason why nothing ever gets fixed in ESO. Bravo you all can LAG around on your fake character in your fake world on your fake mount with your fake pet. While ZOS keeps rolling in your REAL MONEY. SHEEPLE. Oh wait let me guess none of your experience any in game issues. ****** be *******

I will be buying 15 Bandaari Crates on sale, 15 Flame crates, the Moonsugar House, the Honor Guard Motif, and the Pelletine Motif.

Sure, the game has issues that are frustrating at times. But I intend to continue supporting it because it's that damn good.

Supporting it? You are just filling the CEOs and shareholder wallets.

I'm fine with thanking them for running ESO, especially considering that the bulk of the shareholders by headcount are employees.
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    The sale of skyshards and skill lines is a long-requested feature of a vocal group of players.

Attempting to connect that with skill audits is... amusing.

That's not correct. We asked in the past for an account wide skyshards, not for a paid one (multiple times for each character, wtf?!)

I can point to a number of forum participants who offered to buy skyshards with Crowns. The "*throws wallet at ZoS*" meme was fairly common. Visit most of the 'account-wide skyshards' threads and you'll see for yourself.

Supporters of skipping skyshard collection were eager for that feature; some wanted it even if it cost money.

They got what they wanted. ZoS listened. ;)
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These players are the reason why nothing ever gets fixed in ESO. Bravo you all can LAG around on your fake character in your fake world on your fake mount with your fake pet. While ZOS keeps rolling in your REAL MONEY. SHEEPLE. Oh wait let me guess none of your experience any in game issues. ****** be *******

I will be buying 15 Bandaari Crates on sale, 15 Flame crates, the Moonsugar House, the Honor Guard Motif, and the Pelletine Motif.

Sure, the game has issues that are frustrating at times. But I intend to continue supporting it because it's that damn good.

You intend to support them blindly and you give no reason why apart from the reason that you think the game is good? You are literally happy to hand over your cash to these devs after the game is in such a state and encourage them to make even more cashgrab stunts? I find that baffling we have truly arrived at some dark age for gaming...
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not correct. We asked in the past for an account wide skyshards, not for a paid one (multiple times for each character, wtf?!)

Just so.

Achievements should just be account wide unlocks. Having to buy them for every alt is perverse.

I certainly won't buy any but others buying them doesn't bother me.

The sad takeaway for me from this is that achievements won't ever be account wide unlocks. Having now sold them in the crown store they are now effectively officially committed to this model.

Where before there was at least hope, now there is that much less.
    Options
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »

You intend to support them blindly and you give no reason why apart from the reason that you think the game is good? You are literally happy to hand over your cash to these devs after the game is in such a state and encourage them to make even more cashgrab stunts? I find that baffling we have truly arrived at some dark age for gaming...

Personally, I'm much more willing to support the Crown store now that they've provided a comprehensive plan for how they intend to improve performance. People act like the devs just don't listen, that they're too busy swimming in their pools of cash to be concerned, when I really don't think that's either true or fair.

The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
    Options
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sale of skyshards and skill lines is a long-requested feature of a vocal group of players.

I can point to a number of forum participants who offered to buy skyshards with Crowns. The "*throws wallet at ZoS*" meme was fairly common. Visit most of the 'account-wide skyshards' threads and you'll see for yourself.

Supporters of skipping skyshard collection were eager for that feature; some wanted it even if it cost money.

They got what they wanted. ZoS listened. ;)

In fact, plenty of us warned that they wouldn't be cheap or made account wide.

My gripe is that the monetization will now only get worse.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gripe is that the monetization will now only get worse.

A terrifying notion.
    Options
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. :smile:

So the Crown Store Showcase for August is out!

Now I am excited about the cool items coming this month, however I want to highlight one item. This item was datamined months ago, and many (including myself) thought we would be able to get it in July. However it never showed....until now!

I'm glad to spread the news that the White Spotted Courser, is *finally* coming!
    //esosslfiles-a.akamaihd.net/cms/2019/07/736bd91daafc864fea8a0df8744ecf5e.jpg
    It is a very beautiful mount, a gorgeous horse. In my opinion it's the perfect steed for Imperials.
    Keep an eye out August 22 to August 26 at 10am EDT, that is when it will be around.

As a side note I will also add that a new event is coming soon, the Orsinium Celebration which is when we will be able to acquire the second Onyx berry. As well as the new DLC Scalebreaker which is coming August 12th for PC/Mac. And something I just noticed, we right now have a short return of the Flame Atronach Crates!

Seems like August is gonna be a good month. :smiley: So far so good. :smiley:

well, there's some interesting information.
    Options
  • deadsheepb14_ESO
    deadsheepb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    2hU64p1.jpg
    Options
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Supporting it? You are just filling the CEOs and shareholder wallets.

Umm, not to take actual sides in this... but if the CEO and shareholders see nothing in their wallets, things get shut down. Welcome to the Brave New World :D
    Options
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's some more.

For you folks that are fawning over motifs and costumes, I never noticed what motif anyone is wearing. I notice hats.

I have forty-odd mounts, some specifically purchased (Sabre cat), otherwise most are drops from crates.

The only mount I ever noticed are the glowing ones, because my FPS drops from 16 to about 8 and my HDD goes berserk when they are near.

I've made a decision not to buy anymore crown store stuff, because I already contributed to that 'support pool' and I'm still waiting for the support. Apparently, I get to wait another 9 months.

This ^^^ is the harsh reality.

As already noted: players requested that earned Skyshards should be available to all account characters. The ZOS implementation went down a different path to 'buy the ones that you're too lazy to grind'. It's completely different.
    I don't understand what 'skill audits' are, but if there's a player-driven demand for Skill-points to be made available account-wide, I know how that will go....

All I want if for my ***free*** Mara's Chicken to get its noises back.
    I'm SO cynical, I think they did it to *** me off personally.
    Options
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baandari Crates with discount so soon after their realease?
    Low sales perhaps?
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
    Options
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saelent wrote: »
    What about Wraithhome? D:

Is it still accessible on the PTS?

It better go live on the 12th along with the patch or there will be Hell to pay. I didn't go full whale for nothing with last week's overtime pay.
    Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well one thing's for sure....whoever in the art dept designs the ESO horses clearly has no idea about conformation.

It's been discussed before on the forums, and you would have thought they'd have learnt by now. :|
    Options
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Low sales perhaps?

Yep, this stuck out to me (I'm buying them).

I bet the art department got a stern talking-to & the next round of designs will be extra obnoxious.
    Options
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan. I'm still waiting for the female kajit outfits.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Tell you what bud. Give me some in-game gold and Ill give you some Crowns. Then you can stop crying about people spending money and you can too.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally I can save up crowns
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While it's nice that they're going to sell the Baandari Pedlar Pets (so many people were disappointed about getting the 'wrong' one), I'm a little wary of their Crown Gem exclusiveness. :grimace: Guess we'll find out whether they price the Pets at 100 gems each or more... or less but that's unlikely lol.

Luckily I'm not interested in the pets, I'm just curious to see how high they will set the price. It also seems like these 'Preview Crate' pets will be a thing from now on, since we already have a datamined pet set from the next Crate season. Guess we're lucky they're keeping them out of the actual crates at least, instead of diluting the legendary reward tier with more unwanted collectibles we can't convert to gems.
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Saelent wrote: »
    What about Wraithhome? D:
    Is it still accessible on the PTS? It better go live on the 12th along with the patch or there will be Hell to pay. I didn't go full whale for nothing with last week's overtime pay.
    Wrathhome was on the PTS earlier, and will probably still be testable next week, but this week they accidentally copied the live Crown Store so none of the new houses were purchasable and everything cost the usual number of crowns instead of the 1 PTS value (a lot of people logged off in frustration because they couldn't buy a trial dummy for 6000 crowns when the PTS Crown allotment is 5500 lmao :smiley:).

That said, I think they're saving Wrathhome for October, to cash in on the spoopy vibes of the upcoming Halloween.
    Options
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    The older horses look muscular not fat XD. They look better than those new anemic horses and actually look like horses not some pretty runway model horse that looks like waif models we have today.

Older horses > new skinny boney arsed Naomi Campbell horses. Please, no more dainty horses that look like they will faint in the hot sun of Alik'r.

LOL

True it's a classic, the *Imperial* white horse. But it has always annoyed me how....kinda fat the older horses look. :blush: Sorry older horses, no offence. :p

Edited by malchior on August 2, 2019 1:26AM
    Options
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I'm keeping my imperial white horse... so many battles together... <3

elder-scrolls-online-special-race-focus-the-imperi_yzpe.jpg

True it's a classic, the *Imperial* white horse. But it has always annoyed me how....kinda fat the older horses look. :blush: Sorry older horses, no offence. :p

I go the opposite direction - I look at the older horse designs, and I see a proper warhorse or charger. The newer, more slender horse model has more glaring proportion issues (is it a deer? a horse? *are its front and rear ends even from the same animal*!?!) and the problems with conformation in the model are far, far more egregious in the newer model. Plus, if I am riding a warhorse, I want a warhorse. I have passed on a great number of the horses that have come out since the newer models were released.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malchior wrote: »
    Please, no more dainty horses that look like they will faint in the hot sun of Alik'r.

Funny thing is, of the two it would be the muscular horses that faint first in Alik'r :p Big draft horses are not made for the desert.

Both models are awfully proportioned though.
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    Sorry, but I'm keeping my imperial white horse... so many battles together... <3

I go the opposite direction - I look at the older horse designs, and I see a proper warhorse or charger. The newer, more slender horse model has more glaring proportion issues (is it a deer? a horse? *are its front and rear ends even from the same animal*!?!) and the problems with conformation in the model are far, far more egregious in the newer model. Plus, if I am riding a warhorse, I want a warhorse. I have passed on a great number of the horses that have come out since the newer models were released.
    I recently talked about this. How the "new" and supposedly better horse model shows more faults than the older ones.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on August 2, 2019 1:44AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Low sales perhaps?

They've done that with the last few crates...
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • Kynewynn
    Kynewynn
    ✭✭
    Nothing that really excites me this time around.
    Options
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trash
    Options
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definite yes to jerboa, shaman costume, and maybe white horse (let's see how it will look later in the preview).

My maximum problem with the game is that I can be kicked out of a dungeon once in 2-5 days, or get lagged copse that can't be looted (distance is too far) once or twice a day. Nothing to rage about.

All those who have the attitude "I don't have fun, so others also must not have fun as well" can keep drowning in their own toxicity, or start writing zos detailed reports on where and how their game was glitching.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted a recolor of the senche-raht.
    *Disappointment*
    I would have bought that.
    Options
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a picky person, they don't have to perfect. I don't even mind the open mouth and I like the "look" of the basic ones. They are not fat, they simply have more of a draft/war horse appearance on them which is one of my favourite type of horses. Same with the new ones, they ain't too skinny. There are plenty of horse breeds that have a very slim look, such as arabs and Akhal-Teke.
    This has nothing to do with breeds. There is no horse breed that is proportioned in that way and it disappoints me so that ESO that has done all the other mounts nicely, fails so much with the horses. They are the worst horse model I've seen in a game I've played. Because it's not only the proportions either, the horses in general feels so sloppily made compared to the other mounts. The new ones, which you would assume to be of better quality in textures and such, is not. Their tails got weird awful texture, the mane looks almost like it's recovering from mange, few horses blinks, and the newer slim horses' hindquarters moves the same way a dog does when it runs.

The unblinking eyes, tails and manes etc, I could be fine with. But the legs are simply too short and deformed.

Also apologise for the rant, but the horses bugs me quite a bit. More so when you look at the other mounts and back to the older Elder Scrolls when the horses looked much better.

Well, because they are friesian battle horses!!! Yay! I love them fat and strong! B)

c5aee37f951f2f99bfbacf3a4fc14522.jpg

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »

For me it's more of a texture thing. The old horses just look a bit dated, the ESO graphics did improve over those 5 years and the horses, much like the older zones, feel a bit dated. I like the textures on Snow-Blanket Sorrel Horse, they have so much details. As for model I'm not some horse purist and I use both the older fat horses (like Imperial one) for my knight-type characters and the thin horses for my sleek nightblades. Still, I'd love to see them update the Imperial horse textures.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options