Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Crown Store Showcase - August (It's Finally Here!)

VDoom1
VDoom1
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone. :smile:

So the Crown Store Showcase for August is out! Here is a link to it.
https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56715

Now I am excited about the cool items coming this month, however I want to highlight one item. This item was datamined months ago, and many (including myself) thought we would be able to get it in July. However it never showed....until now!

I'm glad to spread the news that the White Spotted Courser, is *finally* coming!
736bd91daafc864fea8a0df8744ecf5e.jpg
It is a very beautiful mount, a gorgeous horse. In my opinion it's the perfect steed for Imperials.
Keep an eye out August 22 to August 26 at 10am EDT, that is when it will be around.

As a side note I will also add that a new event is coming soon, the Orsinium Celebration which is when we will be able to acquire the second Onyx berry. As well as the new DLC Scalebreaker which is coming August 12th for PC/Mac. And something I just noticed, we right now have a short return of the Flame Atronach Crates!

Seems like August is gonna be a good month. :smiley: So far so good. :smiley:

We Fight For Cyrodiil.
We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
We fight for Tamriel!
CP 1200+
Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
Imperial Dragonknight
Khajiit Necromancer
Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
Guild - Priests Of Hircine
ESO Since 2014
PC - EU
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I'm keeping my imperial white horse... so many battles together... <3

elder-scrolls-online-special-race-focus-the-imperi_yzpe.jpg
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming soon for 5000 crowns
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I'm gonna go broke this month!

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    Sorry, but I'm keeping my imperial white horse... so many battles together... <3

elder-scrolls-online-special-race-focus-the-imperi_yzpe.jpg

True it's a classic, the *Imperial* white horse. But it has always annoyed me how....kinda fat the older horses look. :blush: Sorry older horses, no offence. :p
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tsaesci motif is also making a come-back, I know a lot of people were looking forward to it.

I'm really hoping the new template house will be available for gold!
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Wraithhome? D:
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might get the Moonsugar Meadow, depending on how much it costs and what it looks like but I'm not sure yet. Otherwise it looks like a cheap month for me.

I'm pleased the Bandaari Pedlar Pets are going to be available though, I know a lot of people wanted ones they didn't get from the preview crate.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These players are the reason why nothing ever gets fixed in ESO. Bravo you all can LAG around on your fake character in your fake world on your fake mount with your fake pet. While ZOS keeps rolling in your REAL MONEY. SHEEPLE. Oh wait let me guess none of your experience any in game issues. ****** be *******
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are skill line cost? Idc about the rest.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    These players are the reason why nothing ever gets fixed in ESO. Bravo you all can LAG around on your fake character in your fake world on your fake mount with your fake pet. While ZOS keeps rolling in your REAL MONEY. SHEEPLE. Oh wait let me guess none of your experience any in game issues. ****** be *******

I will be buying 15 Bandaari Crates on sale, 15 Flame crates, the Moonsugar House, the Honor Guard Motif, and the Pelletine Motif.

Sure, the game has issues that are frustrating at times. But I intend to continue supporting it because it's that damn good.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can finally get the Dark Shayman costume
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolute rubbish.....
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad but true. Tbh amount of whale milking reached absurd level this year. When group of pixels (which we btw don't own since servers can be shutdown anytime according to TOS) costs like whole AAA game... though okay people can spend their money however they want.. but Skill lines are already borderline. I mean now they are officially made so grindy and tiresome to promote sales in crown store.

Now just imagine - all the racial rebalance just to sell tokens, nerf of class abilities and buff of guild abilities to sell skill lines. What's next? They will sell performance tokens lol? So players can buy priority to be handled by server with less to no lag?

So I don't understand all the happy dancing around new costume or horse. Part of ZOS/Bethesda is purposefully ruining gameplay just to motivate sales. Of course I don't mean all ZOS, i'm sure majority of old employees are disgusted by ongoing process too and art workers are doing amazing job.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The sale of skyshards and skill lines is a long-requested feature of a vocal group of players.

Attempting to connect that with skill audits is... amusing.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jyggalag sword nuff said sold
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    The sale of skyshards and skill lines is a long-requested feature of a vocal group of players.

I said nothing about skyshards. But fact that serious buff of guild skill lines are precisely timed with sale of those skill lines.. come on, it is transparent and obvious marketing action.
    Same comes for tokens. You don't find it strange that "limited edition" pack of 10k crowns worth is hanging in CS for several month already for 2k? So something which was sold by ZOS separately for years - race+name change token + any race any alliance + those alliance horses and outfits (and pets lol) - all of that is sold for 2k now? :D
    It looks like Bethesda is squeezing every penny from ESO now. That is very bad sign for game health and long time perspective.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    I'm glad to spread the news that the White Spotted Courser, is *finally* coming!
    It is a very beautiful mount, a gorgeous horse. In my opinion it's the perfect steed for Imperials.
    Keep an eye out August 22 to August 26 at 10am EDT, that is when it will be around.

I always get tempted for a moment when it is one of the simple and slimmer horses. But then I remember how damn horrible the horse model is in ESO and how it's even more obvious on the slimmer horses. So I can save my coins :#

I want a nice horse, but I want one with proper legs that moves like they should!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omfg they are giving me Jyggalag's Sword.
    PvP needs more love.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I said nothing about skyshards. But fact that serious buff of guild skill lines are precisely timed with sale of those skill lines.. come on, it is transparent and obvious marketing action.
    Same comes for tokens. You don't find it strange that "limited edition" pack of 10k crowns worth is hanging in CS for several month already for 2k? So something which was sold by ZOS separately for years - race+name change token + any race any alliance + those alliance horses and outfits (and pets lol) - all of that is sold for 2k now? :D
    It looks like Bethesda is squeezing every penny from ESO now. That is very bad sign for game health and long time perspective.

My level of suspicion and skepticism is nowhere near as high as yours.

Changes to guild skill lines was announced April 4th. Not the precise changes, but the fact that skills would be audited and adjusted to conform to rulesets with Update 23 was clear. Lobbying for skill lines to be offered for convenience of levelling alts has been a frequent Forum topic for at least a year by my recollection.

The fact that skill line sales is offered with Update 23 makes perfect sense precisely because skills are changing.

Perhaps you prefer the hodge-podge lack of development standards for skills combined with tedious grinding?

No, I understand your view. This is all an evil master plan to goose the poor dumb gamer. *rolls eyes*

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always get tempted for a moment when it is one of the simple and slimmer horses. But then I remember how damn horrible the horse model is in ESO and how it's even more obvious on the slimmer horses. So I can save my coins :#
    I want a nice horse, but I want one with proper legs that moves like they should!
    Exactly the reason I stopped buying the horses. The hind legs still look deformed, and the mouth still hangs open. ESO has the worst horses of any game I've ever seen. I'd buy every single one that came out if the model was better.

Edited by SydneyGrey on August 1, 2019 5:47PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Exactly the reason I stopped buying the horses. The hind legs still look deformed, and the mouth still hangs open. ESO has the worst horses of any game I've ever seen. I'd buy every single one that came out if the model was better.

Exactly! You even see it on the picture how the hind legs are badly proportioned and weirdly shaped. The other types of mounts are done a lot better so what the fudge happened with the horses, which they continue to do in this way.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright to be fair no horse looks perfect. They all look a bit...odd. The first horses, basic default ones look fat. A lot of the horses that are newer seem a bit too skinny or a bit too slim. Not sure we got a horse that is 100% perfectly shaped. Though ZoS can argue that they are following some breed. If you look at horse breeds they literally come in all shapes and sizes.

The horses in Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, those are great. Just riding around Cyrodiil on a proper, good looking, well shaped horse is a reason I game Oblivion now and then.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whilst not that keen on the skill lines being sold, I think the way they have done it is rather pleasing. Yes, you can unlock the lines; yes, you can then unlock the skyshards - but it will cost you real money. And you have to have done it at least once. Or you can just level them up easily for free by playing the bloody game.

So don’t feel like that means we are in End Times & the sky isn’t falling just yet.

But more things as gem exclusives? That is not a good move. Just sell the damn things in the Crown store & people will buy them. Manipulating it so people have to buy the rubbish crates is not a good move. You need to have words with your marketing guys as they are quite out of touch with opinion on what could be considered a ‘loot crate’ - yes, yes, I know they’re “happy events” or whatever euphemism you are using - but it’s just not a good thing.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be sold on eso if they dropped crates from game sold the contents in the store for regular crowns and if they kept crates add them to the daily or weekly rewards for contet leaderboards etc as a way for non paying to have a shot in the dark at it. And for paying players just buy the damn mount or thing you need..

Skill lines depending on cost im all over that im sick of grinding undaunted with potatoes for teammates
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright to be fair no horse looks perfect. They all look a bit...odd. The first horses, basic default ones look fat. A lot of the horses that are newer seem a bit too skinny or a bit too slim. Not sure we got a horse that is 100% perfectly shaped. Though ZoS can argue that they are following some breed. If you look at horse breeds they literally come in all shapes and sizes.

The horses in Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, those are great. Just riding around Cyrodiil on a proper, good looking, well shaped horse is a reason I game Oblivion now and then.

I'm not a picky person, they don't have to perfect. I don't even mind the open mouth and I like the "look" of the basic ones. They are not fat, they simply have more of a draft/war horse appearance on them which is one of my favourite type of horses. Same with the new ones, they ain't too skinny. There are plenty of horse breeds that have a very slim look, such as arabs and Akhal-Teke.
    This has nothing to do with breeds. There is no horse breed that is proportioned in that way and it disappoints me so that ESO that has done all the other mounts nicely, fails so much with the horses. They are the worst horse model I've seen in a game I've played. Because it's not only the proportions either, the horses in general feels so sloppily made compared to the other mounts. The new ones, which you would assume to be of better quality in textures and such, is not. Their tails got weird awful texture, the mane looks almost like it's recovering from mange, few horses blinks, and the newer slim horses' hindquarters moves the same way a dog does when it runs.

The unblinking eyes, tails and manes etc, I could be fine with. But the legs are simply too short and deformed.

Also apologise for the rant, but the horses bugs me quite a bit. More so when you look at the other mounts and back to the older Elder Scrolls when the horses looked much better.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on August 1, 2019 6:45PM
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. I don't see why it is so hard. LOTRO seemed to accomplish it. I really liked the horse model there, and the way they moved seemed so much more realistic.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I will be buying 15 Bandaari Crates on sale, 15 Flame crates, the Moonsugar House, the Honor Guard Motif, and the Pelletine Motif.

Sure, the game has issues that are frustrating at times. But I intend to continue supporting it because it's that damn good.

Supporting it? You are just filling the CEOs and shareholder wallets.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not correct. We asked in the past for an account wide skyshards, not for a paid one (multiple times for each character, wtf?!)

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same ol'items: housing, pets, tats, mount types, momentos, etc... After years of seeing the same type of items they all look the same to me.
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »

That's not correct. We asked in the past for an account wide skyshards, not for a paid one (multiple times for each character, wtf?!)

The fact that people are willing to pay to circumvent failed game design instead of requesting the developers fix the game design is annoying. Emphasis on failed because I do not believe being making alts difficult to level is inherently bad in a game whose main form of PvP features AvAvA warfare. That being said, if ZOS feels that it no longer works for the game, then the skill lines they are selling should be made account wide. Selling them is not consumer friendly at all, and they should not be praised for it.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert