Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Crown Store Showcase - August (It's Finally Here!)

• Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... I think I will get the spotted courser, the Meadow (of course) and maybe (but just maybe) the Dark Shaman costume. And perhaps a pedlar pet :).
    The Dragon Hunter stuff I do not find aesthetically pleasing, but different folks, different strokes.

The skills/skyshards do nothing for me as I am not a stats&skills&minmaxing person, but I know several co-gamers who asked for those features and were willing to throw money at ZOS for this, so it's a fine momth for them, too, I guess.

Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on August 2, 2019 9:58AM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    That said, I think they're saving Wrathhome for October, to cash in on the spoopy vibes of the upcoming Halloween.

Yeahbut, there's a strong vampire theme in the Scalebreaker content, which is why I thought they introduced a big, gothicky-style castle as a Housing option in Rivenspire in the first place.
    Plus I spent a Nirnic frak-ton on crowns so I'd have enough to afford a Notable house when the patch drops; not to hold on to them until October, especially after being teased with it on the PTS.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If all the whales left the game this game would be 100 times better
    Edited by frostz417 on August 2, 2019 10:20AM
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    I'm glad to spread the news that the White Spotted Courser, is *finally* coming!
    736bd91daafc864fea8a0df8744ecf5e.jpg
    It is a very beautiful mount, a gorgeous horse. In my opinion it's the perfect steed for Imperials.
    Legs still seems to be broken. One day they'll find an artist who'll draw a horse properly, I hope.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    If by better you mean dead, sure. Think for a second, where does ZOS get money from? From people running around in Cyrodiil at no cost? From people doing BGs which is included in the base game so it costs nothing? From people flipping items at guild traders? From people farming dolmens all day? No. The majority of ESO's income is from the Crown Store.

If you think that removing the Crown Store and people who buy from it would mean that the game would be better (i.e. it would get more improvements, the company would invest more money into servers, devs would develop more and better content, etc.) you're delusional. So really, you should be thanking these so-called 'whales' for making sure ZOS don't cancel ESO for being an unprofitable garbage. You're welcome :smiley:
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If by better you mean dead, sure. Think for a second, where does ZOS get money from? From people running around in Cyrodiil at no cost? From people doing BGs which is included in the base game so it costs nothing? From people flipping items at guild traders? From people farming dolmens all day? No. The majority of ESO's income is from the Crown Store.

If you think that removing the Crown Store and people who buy from it would mean that the game would be better (i.e. it would get more improvements, the company would invest more money into servers, devs would develop more and better content, etc.) you're delusional. So really, you should be thanking these so-called 'whales' for making sure ZOS don't cancel ESO for being an unprofitable garbage. You're welcome :smiley:

I’d spend money on this game if it actually worked. But since it’s a laggy mess they’re not getting a cent from me. I’m sure others will agree with me.
    Whales are the reason why zos doesn’t bother communicating or focusing on performance. Just crown stores
    Edited by frostz417 on August 2, 2019 12:47PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I’d spend money on this game if it actually worked. But since it’s a laggy mess they’re not getting a cent from me. I’m sure others will agree with me. Whales are the reason why zos doesn’t bother communicating or focusing on performance. Just crown stores
    The ESO team have repeatedly stated that they're working on performance imporvements, scheduled for the end of this year. They recently published a timeline for these improvements It's still on the front page. Communication, check; improvement plan, check. If they delete the Crown Store and the game stops making money for ZOS, do you think these improvements will happen faster? No.Zos would just see that the game doesn't make enough profit, so they wouldn't spend dev time and resources on improving it at all. They'd cut support for ESO and move the devs to mobile game.

And it's ok if you personally don't want to spend money on the game, but all these 'whales are ruining the game' comments on every single unrelated thread do get tiresome. :tongue:
    people.jpg

• Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I wanted a recolor of the senche-raht.
    *Disappointment*
    I would have bought that.

aw_crwn_mounts_goutfangsencheraht_1x1-292x170.jpg

From: TES Online - The Future of Crown Shop (Update 5.1.0)

* No, information on when it'll be available.
    Edited by Number_51 on August 2, 2019 1:31PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’d spend money on this game if it actually worked. But since it’s a laggy mess they’re not getting a cent from me. I’m sure others will agree with me. Whales are the reason why zos doesn’t bother communicating or focusing on performance. Just crown stores
    The ESO team have repeatedly stated that they're working on performance imporvements, scheduled for the end of this year. They recently published a timeline for these improvements It's still on the front page. Communication, check; improvement plan, check. If they delete the Crown Store and the game stops making money for ZOS, do you think these improvements will happen faster? No.Zos would just see that the game doesn't make enough profit, so they wouldn't spend dev time and resources on improving it at all. They'd cut support for ESO and move the devs to mobile game.

And it's ok if you personally don't want to spend money on the game, but all these 'whales are ruining the game' comments on every single unrelated thread do get tiresome. :tongue:
    people.jpg

Yes after 5 years they finally have made a plan that may or may not even work.
    I’m not too optimistic considering their track record of failures and poor communication.
    I would not be surprised if they just ghosted us regarding any performance improvement and just forgot about their little “plan”
    It’s happened before.
    Edited by frostz417 on August 2, 2019 1:35PM
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    therift wrote: »
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    These players are the reason why nothing ever gets fixed in ESO. Bravo you all can LAG around on your fake character in your fake world on your fake mount with your fake pet. While ZOS keeps rolling in your REAL MONEY. SHEEPLE. Oh wait let me guess none of your experience any in game issues. ****** be *******

I will be buying 15 Bandaari Crates on sale, 15 Flame crates, the Moonsugar House, the Honor Guard Motif, and the Pelletine Motif.

Sure, the game has issues that are frustrating at times. But I intend to continue supporting it because it's that damn good.

You intend to support them blindly and you give no reason why apart from the reason that you think the game is good? You are literally happy to hand over your cash to these devs after the game is in such a state and encourage them to make even more cashgrab stunts? I find that baffling we have truly arrived at some dark age for gaming...

And you want him/her to stop supporting something they enjoy because you're not happy with it. Do you not see the irony?
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malchior wrote: »
    The older horses look muscular not fat XD. They look better than those new anemic horses and actually look like horses not some pretty runway model horse that looks like waif models we have today

I like the new horses. My tiny wood elf looked ridiculous on all of the horses until I recently. Now. Some of these horses fit.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    These players are the reason why nothing ever gets fixed in ESO. Bravo you all can LAG around on your fake character in your fake world on your fake mount with your fake pet. While ZOS keeps rolling in your REAL MONEY. SHEEPLE. Oh wait let me guess none of your experience any in game issues. ****** be *******

I will be buying 15 Bandaari Crates on sale, 15 Flame crates, the Moonsugar House, the Honor Guard Motif, and the Pelletine Motif.

Sure, the game has issues that are frustrating at times. But I intend to continue supporting it because it's that damn good.

You intend to support them blindly and you give no reason why apart from the reason that you think the game is good? You are literally happy to hand over your cash to these devs after the game is in such a state and encourage them to make even more cashgrab stunts? I find that baffling we have truly arrived at some dark age for gaming...

And you want him/her to stop supporting something they enjoy because you're not happy with it. Do you not see the irony?

I didn't say I want them to stop supporting the game I just think handing over money to them when the game is in such a terrible state is sending a terrible message not just in this game but in gaming as a whole. No irony in that.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't say I want them to stop supporting the game I just think handing over money to them when the game is in such a terrible state is sending a terrible message not just in this game but in gaming as a whole. No irony in that.

If they enjoy the game, there is nothing wrong with that. Not everyone have issues with the game performance, so why should they sacrifice their fun because of someone's else complaints on the forum who doesn't want to directly contact ZOS and attempts to shame them instead?
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If they enjoy the game, there is nothing wrong with that. Not everyone have issues with the game performance, so why should they sacrifice their fun because of someone's else complaints on the forum who doesn't want to directly contact ZOS and attempts to shame them instead?

I'm not sure how anyone is being shamed here? Of course if they find spending their cash on the crown store fun then sure that's their choice but I disagree that devs should be handed cash for doing such a crap job with game performance?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure how anyone is being shamed here? Of course if they find spending their cash on the crown store fun then sure that's their choice but I disagree that devs should be handed cash for doing such a crap job with game performance?
    Just because nobody says 'shame, shame shame' outright, doesn't mean that it's not shaming. :wink:

Sure, people free to spend their cash on the crown store, but if they do they are supporting bad perfromance by giving devs money for a crappy job; they're sending a terrible message not just in this game but in gaming as a whole and lead to ruining gaming; they're the reasons stuff never gets fixed; they're encouraging cashgrab stunts; they're helping to bring about a dark age of gaming (all of these are quotes from this thread).

I mean, yeesh, :lol: you guys sure love being an overly dramatic judgmental catastrophizing bunch, don't you? Oh, but sure, nobody is shaming anybody, right.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip>

Agree entirely.
    I had fun with crates for a while. Then I added up how much I actually spent.
    I had fun with the game for a while. The ZOS stopped fixing performance.

AFAIK, there has been no statement ever, about an issue raised, where the reply has been "we just can't fix it; here's why".

Shame comes from knowing that what you are doing is ethically wrong.
    Remember the TOS clause is "naming and shaming"; not just "shaming".
    Edited by Androconium on August 2, 2019 10:41PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    <snip>
    Agree entirely.

AFAIK, there has been no statement ever, about an issue raised, where the reply has been "we just can't fix it; here's why".

Y'all live in some airy-fairy fantasy land where a game gets more dev attention if it isn't making money. Lol, really? :smiley:

ME:Andromeda had issues, and it wasn't making money. Did that improve the game? No, EA patched it up so it had slightly less bugs, then cut all DLC plans for it because it wasn't profitable. Anthem wasn't profitable, did the company allocate more resources on it to make it better? No, it 'delayed' its entire roadmap. Fallout 76 didn't make enough money, did they start improving it more than ESO, did it get more and better content than ESO? Lol no.

You should be happy that ESO is still making money despite those issues. And the Crown Store profits aren't a contributing factor to those issues, quite the contrary (which is why your attempts to shame people isn't just ignorant but also entirely misplaced). It is because of those profits that the game gets any dev time, future improvements, system change commitments, etc. Because the higher ups look at the quarterly profit reports and see that the game is worth keeping alive.

Zenimax is a giant corporation with several game projects. If ESO wasn't making as much money any more, they'd take the dev team that they are paying and move them to something that brings them more money for their investment - like a card game or a mobile game or whatever. You people - who fail to understand this and shame people who spend money on the game - are lacking any common sense.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <snip>

Agree entirely.

One thing to keep in mind is that ethics and values are completely individual. Keep to your own ethical code, and let others abide by theirs. Maybe then the forums will experience a golden age *insert shiny kaleidoscope lights and the gentle strains of Age of Aquarius*
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    <snip>

Agree entirely.

One thing to keep in mind is that ethics and values are completely individual. Keep to your own ethical code, and let others abide by theirs. Maybe then the forums will experience a golden age *insert shiny kaleidoscope lights and the gentle strains of Age of Aquarius*
    Yes, shame is a product of our social surroundings, it has nothing to do with some internal guilt. (Obviously if people are told that showing an ankle in public is shameful they will internalize that shame, but that doesn't make it true)

But the issue with these 'you spend money on this game, even though it has performance issues - how dare you ruin the game' comments isn't simply about shame, it's just logically wrong:
    • The game has performance issues that haven't been fixed yet --> They aren't getting fixed because the game gets money from Crown Store sales --> Therefore people who spend money on the game should be ashamed.

Obviously there is a fundamental lack of understanding here. People base this delusion on the flawed presumption that 'if the game becomes less profitable --> more things get fixed faster' which has never ever been an option. That's not how any of this works, lol.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <snip>

Agree entirely.

Yes, shame is a product of our social surroundings, it has nothing to do with some internal guilt. (Obviously if people are told that showing an ankle in public is shameful they will internalize that shame, but that doesn't make it true)

But the issue with these 'you spend money on this game, even though it has performance issues - how dare you ruin the game' comments isn't simply about shame, it's just logically wrong:
    • The game has performance issues that haven't been fixed yet --> They aren't getting fixed because the game gets money from Crown Store sales --> Therefore people who spend money on the game should be ashamed.

Obviously there is a fundamental lack of understanding here. People base this delusion on the flawed presumption that 'if the game becomes less profitable --> more things get fixed faster' which has never ever been an option. That's not how any of this works, lol.

Actually yes it does, ESO is zenimax cashcow that funds other projects, & this can have repercussions to titles beyond just ESO if players halt all spending.

Fix or close it down.

This of course will never happen when your product (video games) can/has reached such a massive number of people. Larger numbers, greater potential of success/money.

The consumer is generally weak, & equally to blame for the current standard of quality in the gaming industry.

Edited by Wolfpaw on August 3, 2019 12:48AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    <snip>

Agree entirely.

Actually yes it does, ESO is zenimax cashcow that funds other projects, & this can have repercussions to titles beyond just ESO if players halt all spending.

Fix or close it down.

This of course will never happen when your product (video games) can/has reached such a massive number of people. Larger numbers, greater potential of success/money.

The consumer is generally weak, & equally to blame for the current standard of quality in the gaming industry.
    If a game pulls its own weight, it continues to get resources - money investment for improving servers, dev time hour investment for reworking faulty systems, employees kept on the payroll to continue making content for it. If the resources that the company invests in a game don't generate profit, if they could take the same dev hours and make a far more profitable game with the same cost, they will do so. Welcome to capitalism.

So if players in ESO 'halt all spending' the option isn't to 'Fix it or close it down' it is 'Close it down. Period.' Don't know why you aren't getting this, lol. 'Hey boss, this game isn't generating any income, but if you invest a ton of money and time over a course of several months, it will totally become a profitable cashcow in the future' 'How about we stop funneling resources into a failure and invest that same money and time into a game that's actually generating profit?' 'Genius'. :smirk:

So forgive me if I'm glad that ESO is profitable and we still have a game to play. I'd rather they didn't scrap the whole game, thanks. Besides it's insane to ask people to stop supporting a game that works 90% of the time. Boohoo, the random group finder doesn't work during a few hours of the day, and some people experience lag in PvP - everybody quick stop what you're doing and boycott the game because 10% of it has issues. We'll all be better off if the whole game is cancelled! :tongue:
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, after all these years, finally a pet that might just appeal to me. A dwarven spider to follow me and carry all my burdens. At this point I must admit and I do so without shame, that I have always been a very big supporter of packmulery. I proudly say, that I do have 1 or 2 packmule men in real life. I really appreciate them.

In game however, I would much more appreciate an inferior and worthless goblin to carry my burdens. Optionally I would settle with a Maormer and Dunmer, they are just as inferior.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <snip>

Agree entirely.

Fix or close it down.

If a game pulls its own weight, it continues to get resources - money investment for improving servers, dev time hour investment for reworking faulty systems, employees kept on the payroll to continue making content for it. If the resources that the company invests in a game don't generate profit, if they could take the same dev hours and make a far more profitable game with the same cost, they will do so. Welcome to capitalism.

So if players in ESO 'halt all spending' the option isn't to 'Fix it or close it down' it is 'Close it down. Period.' Don't know why you aren't getting this, lol. 'Hey boss, this game isn't generating any income, but if you invest a ton of money and time over a course of several months, it will totally become a profitable cashcow in the future' 'How about we stop funneling resources into a failure and invest that same money and time into a game that's actually generating profit?' 'Genius'. :smirk:

So forgive me if I'm glad that ESO is profitable and we still have a game to play. I'd rather they didn't scrap the whole game, thanks. Besides it's insane to ask people to stop supporting a game that works 90% of the time. Boohoo, the random group finder doesn't work during a few hours of the day, and some people experience lag in PvP - everybody quick stop what you're doing and boycott the game because 10% of it has issues. We'll all be better off if the whole game is cancelled! :tongue:

I don't want to take too much of your time away from shopping & playing interior decorator, but you're so far off even zos disagrees with your performance assessment.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    <snip>

Agree entirely.

Fix or close it down.

I don't want to take too much of your time away from shopping & playing interior decorator, but you're so far off even zos disagrees with your performance assessment.
    Did I say that the game is perfect 100% of the time? No. Do ZOS's plans to address a few specific things (such as rewriting the group finder and reworking abilities and data to reduce server load) disagree with me at all? No. So stop strawmanning what I said just because you're salty that other players have the audacity to enjoy the game while you don't. :smirk:

I play on PC (not sure what you play on, maybe consoles have more issues) and dungeons and trials work. Even the Random Group Finder works most hours of the day. PvP also works most of the day btw, during off-peak hours. Overland content, questing, dolmens etc works. Farming materials works. Crafting works. Selling items at guild traders works. Housing works. Leveling works. Pledges and master writs work. So yes 90% of this game works. Yes the game gets laggy during peak hours and the group finder or large-group content such as cyro can't handle the pressure. But that's no reason to boycott the whole game and to preach-whine at others who don't do so.

ZOS are working on it. They told us months ago that they are working on long-term improvements. Complaining about the Crown Store in the meantime won't change anything because it doesn't have anything to do with it.
    Edited by bluebird on August 3, 2019 4:42AM
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Saelent wrote: »
    What about Wraithhome? D:

Is it still accessible on the PTS?

It better go live on the 12th along with the patch or there will be Hell to pay. I didn't go full whale for nothing with last week's overtime pay.

They might keep it for around witche's festival sadly.
    Edited by Revokus on August 3, 2019 5:02AM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for your question see bluebird's explanation.

I guess you just can't imagine that game works just fine for some people, right? For those folks it is not a crappy job. And when I say that it works fine, I don't mean just RP and overland questing.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    aw_crwn_mounts_goutfangsencheraht_1x1-292x170.jpg

From: TES Online - The Future of Crown Shop (Update 5.1.0)

* No, information on when it'll be available.
    Ooooh thank you. I hadn't seen that. <3 That's the kind of thing I want to see in the crown store.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <snip>

Agree entirely.

Disclaimer about "you" follows at the end of my rant. "You" isn't about @bluebird. Sorry for the confusion!

Shaming tactics are power plays, nothing more. You're trying to enforce your values, ideology, etc. by coercing people into compliance rather than fostering open dialog. Inducing guilt is emotional manipulation, pure and simple.

I'm a little over a month into a six month sub, and I've been recently been suffering performance issues. I hate the direction ZOS is going with combat, etc., and I don't plan on forking over more money until I feel like ZOS deserves it.

That said, this is a personal decision on what I want to do with my money. It's a rational decision I've made because I think I should get fun out of my entertainment dollars. There's nothing "ethical" or "moral" about it.

Deciding to spend your dollars on a movie or cable TV or food or books instead isn't some huge values problem. If you feel virtuous or sanctimonious over it, then you have serious issues. Or you just like looking down on others with different priorities... which also means you have issues. Never mind :D

*YOU refers to a number of posters in this thread who disparage those who are interested in the Crown Store offerings this month.
    Edited by jainiadral on August 3, 2019 10:29AM
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I guess you just can't imagine that game works just fine for some people, right? For those folks it is not a crappy job. And when I say that it works fine, I don't mean just RP and overland questing.

I’d love to know what content these people are doing to believe the game “works just fine” because those of us who actually put time into the game can promise you that the game is far from working just fine. Your argument seems to be that we should just keep quiet about all the problems the game has just because a few people think the game “works just fine”.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d love to know what content these people are doing to believe the game “works just fine” because those of us who actually put time into the game can promise you that the game is far from working just fine. Your argument seems to be that we should just keep quiet about all the problems the game has just because a few people think the game “works just fine”.

I guess you see only what you want to see. And now go defensive and assume something which wasn't mentioned at all.
    I'm not obliged to report to you, but I can briefly tell you that, for example my dungeon finder works without issues, amount of lagged corpses is one per day. No lags during boss fights in both dungeons and trials (I run both normal and vet versions). I rarely PvP, but whenever I go to Cyro, the video is smooth, no lags, slideshows, etc (I'm talking about small and medium scale sieges). The only time I got a slideshow was during the last Mayhem event when I found myself between two mega zergs. But even then when I asked some people from my group if it was the same laggy for them, most said that they had no issues. But again, who knows, I run a lot of add-ons and use max graph settings. That could affect the experience.

So I'll repeat again and I hope that you will be able to read this time: not everyone experiences your issues.

And most importantly, in response to your perverted accusation regarding "keep quiet", I assure you that you can complain as much as you want, (especially in tickets to their IT support since I don't think they have time to read forums). However it's a sh*tty action to dictate people (even indirectly, using manipulative psychological techniques) what they should do with their money and whether they should sacrifice their fun only because you don't have one. That's none of your business what they want to do with them. As long as it's fun - it's healthy.
    ...Though to be honest I don't think any of them will fall for that, and that's good, since the measures suggested by you will simply ruin the game for everyone.