The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Returning Magblade...

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    Surprising discovery. Going way off meta here, but Combining Riposte with a heavy Shackle set (basically swapping my old build to 5H 1M 1L) gives some very trolly results. I've just played a few Battlegrounds and the little rollerblades seemed very confused at how I could stealth but also pretty much face tank them. And then let Zaan melt them.

Probably won't hold up against anything tankier than other nightblades/sorcs, but I think I'm going to keep experimenting with the heavy armour options. It's weird how it felt totally unusable before, I'm not sure what exactly they changed but it kinda doesn't suck now.

Nice, it might be because of how the damage calculation has changed.

The calculation is something like:
    Damage = tooltip * 1(sum of vulnerabilities - sum of protections) * resistance mitigation

So battle spirit starts like 50% protection and then it adds or minuses things like BotS, major protection, major defile.

NBs or sorcs mileage depends on the player. As a healer I’ve taken out 3 lollerblades solo, but against better opponents I can lose 1v1, especially sorcs. It depends if they’re trying to wear stupid things like divines for .00001% more damage but take twice as much damage or not. Building tankier makes those builds a joke.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 23, 2019 7:45PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprising discovery. Going way off meta here, but Combining Riposte with a heavy Shackle set (basically swapping my old build to 5H 1M 1L) gives some very trolly results. I've just played a few Battlegrounds and the little rollerblades seemed very confused at how I could stealth but also pretty much face tank them. And then let Zaan melt them.

Probably won't hold up against anything tankier than other nightblades/sorcs, but I think I'm going to keep experimenting with the heavy armour options. It's weird how it felt totally unusable before, I'm not sure what exactly they changed but it kinda doesn't suck now.

Yeah heavy builds are alot of fun. However when you come against most meta builds, heavy doesn't have the burst to kill them.

I ran reactive in bgs for a while with lich back bar skoria, and master lightning with clench.I just stacked dots and heavy attack with double dot poisons. Was a very fun and trolly build.
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @GhostofDatthaw
    I was meaning just swap your toon over to a stam character

I mean it's just different styles. When 2h was the build to go I ran alot of well fit and had alot into roll Dodge so I could cloak away like a stamblade but better because concealed.

Toons like Templars and dks blocking is pretty standard for mag also in more melee builds. Which is what a lotus incap combo essentially makes magnb. So when I go in for a combo I can't cloak out to safety I have to roll, Sprint, and block. Even with shade, a few minutes into fights it starts getting harder to make you distance from it so I need to roll and Sprint.

It's not "just go Stam" it's different styles

I have thought about to increase my dodge roll as well. One idea was to use transmutaion for crit res and well fitted traits.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »
    @GhostofDatthaw

I mean it's just different styles. When 2h was the build to go I ran alot of well fit and had alot into roll Dodge so I could cloak away like a stamblade but better because concealed.

Toons like Templars and dks blocking is pretty standard for mag also in more melee builds. Which is what a lotus incap combo essentially makes magnb. So when I go in for a combo I can't cloak out to safety I have to roll, Sprint, and block. Even with shade, a few minutes into fights it starts getting harder to make you distance from it so I need to roll and Sprint.

I have thought about to increase my dodge roll as well. One idea was to use transmutaion for crit res and well fitted traits.

When I was running the roller magnb 2h I stacked enough cp into the passive to give me.... Lordy wth is it called. The offbalance if you roll through cp passive.

Edit. Now that I think about it that might be very viable now with lotus. Gapclose > roll then you have minor vulnerable and off balance. I guess it depends on timer length it you can pull a combo off, not at the computer atm
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on July 23, 2019 10:48PM
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    @GhostofDatthaw

When I was running the roller magnb 2h I stacked enough cp into the passive to give me.... Lordy wth is it called. The offbalance if you roll through cp passive.

Edit. Now that I think about it that might be very viable now with lotus. Gapclose > roll then you have minor vulnerable and off balance. I guess it depends on timer length it you can pull a combo off, not at the computer atm

Hmm sounds interesting. Next patch off balance is increasted to 7 seconds from 5 if im not mistaken.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GhostofDatthaw

Hmm sounds interesting. Next patch off balance is increasted to 7 seconds from 5 if im not mistaken.

Wait it's if you Dodge an attack. I'm at my computer now. It's been over a year since I ran that build but still it could be used to the same effect. I think at the time I was thinking of what ever the set that's essentially the same deal.
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblade has been continuously nerfed for a while now but we always come back strong and I'm glad to see a fellow magblade back!! I play on no-cp too.

The sets i use are

1 piece chudan
    1 piece lord warden
    5 piece necropotence
    5 piece crafty alfiq

Jewellery traits are arcane with magicka recovery. I do have infused jewellery as well but I tested it and turns out the higher magicka pool helps the class with both sustain and damage.
    I went with high elf for that juicy stam sustain and along with trii stat food, I can break free and roll dodge a lot tbh.

Front bar inferno nirnhoned with shock damage enchant.
    Skills:
    Swallow soul
    Mass hysteria
    Merciless resolve
    Ele drain
    Crippling grasp
    Soul harvest

Back bar Resto defending with weapon damage enchant

Skills:
    Combat prayer
    Healing ward
    Siphoning attack
    Shadow image
    Harness magicka
    Soul tether/ temporal guard

You can replace combat prayer with race against time for major expedition and snare immunity if you want but I really like the heal and buffs from combat prayer over major expedition.

I have some issues with taking damage but I can easily recover with putting up a healing ward and using combat prayer for the heal and minor buffs along with minor berserk!! Besides defence, the damage is really high and sustain is awesome with ele drain and recovery enchants. I have almost 47k max magicka in no cp so sustain is never an issue.

I pick the mage/lovers mundus usually for damage. But if you feel like you lack defence or sustain then you can go for atronach or the resistance mundus(can't remember it's name). Have fun!!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblades are getting nerfed again not directly but in general. Whatever you plan to do, stamblade will do it better except of permacloaking. Sorry for not being constructive but you will waste your time with magblade this patch.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Magblades are getting nerfed again not directly but in general. Whatever you plan to do, stamblade will do it better except of permacloaking. Sorry for not being constructive but you will waste your time with magblade this patch.

Nah. I've never encountered a stamblade that can take a beating; maybe they exist but stamblade very much seem to be a one trick pony. They either burst you down right away or they're dead meat.

People often approach magblade the same way, and that's what they're getting wrong. Magblade is very poor at outright burst, you can build it that way but at great cost to other weaknesses. Where they excel is outlasting an enemy and delivering the killing blow (lotus>harvest>bow) when the opponent is on the back foot. I've often won fights where the opponent thought they had me beat, they lose focus in trying to finish me off while I cloak, pop resto ulti and a potion, and go right back on the offensive.

In the heavy build I mentioned a few posts ago I've been going toe to toe with those nuisance wing-spamming DKs, something I found to be a very difficult fight before. So we are definitely not irrelevant, you just have to think outside the box.

It sucks that they've taken away some of our strongest abilities, but such is the way of MMO balance. We were sleeper OP for quite a long time.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Nah. I've never encountered a stamblade that can take a beating; maybe they exist but stamblade very much seem to be a one trick pony. They either burst you down right away or they're dead meat.

People often approach magblade the same way, and that's what they're getting wrong. Magblade is very poor at outright burst, you can build it that way but at great cost to other weaknesses. Where they excel is outlasting an enemy and delivering the killing blow (lotus>harvest>bow) when the opponent is on the back foot. I've often won fights where the opponent thought they had me beat, they lose focus in trying to finish me off while I cloak, pop resto ulti and a potion, and go right back on the offensive.

In the heavy build I mentioned a few posts ago I've been going toe to toe with those nuisance wing-spamming DKs, something I found to be a very difficult fight before. So we are definitely not irrelevant, you just have to think outside the box.

It sucks that they've taken away some of our strongest abilities, but such is the way of MMO balance. We were sleeper OP for quite a long time.

Yea I agree with this. That’s what made the class so versatile, you could try different things and a lot of styles work.

It’s hard to say how things will land after a patch with so many changes, but magblades will either be a lot stronger or weaker after the patch.

Good news is self healing will be up with the patch changes, which is magblades biggest weakness.

Bad news is tankiness is being nerfed with merciless and everyone else’s self healing will go up. I think it’ll make tankier builds more difficult because of lack of burst to kill people.

I’m still hopeful because of the self healing changes. I’ve been using four heals (harness, combat Prayer, refreshing path and dark cloak) and will be able to change that to two (mutagen and healing ward) which will create a lot of bar space. Heck I’m a healer and I might be able to have a full magblade dps back bar.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My "normal" magblade build atm is

Slimecraw/Amber Plasm/Spinners with BRP resto backbar.
    All impen, all tri glyphs, tri-stat food and all recovery glyphs on jewellery, shadow mundus.... with Race against Time pushes my crit damage to over 100%. I use shock glyph or this double dot poison that does damage to them and heals me at the same time on both dots.

I play alot of BGs so I use Ward Ally... so BRP resto works great and with the upcoming to Healing Ward even better for more selfish play...
    Before I ran Mael resto for extra sustain.

I been running Amber for so long it is the only body pieces or armor I have actually bothered to gold out. Usually just weapons and monster sets (and jewellery when I can buy it)

Gank build..
    Barlorgh/Caluurion's/Spinners.
    Divines on Callurion, All Infused SD jewellery (yes i have 2 sets of gold spinners on my magblade)

Carry Spinners Swords to swap to bomber build... i get something like 5.6kSD in stealth with full Balorgh proc in stealth and 13k pen, should be fun next patch. I am sure you could push tooltips higher and get more pen with specialized bomber CP, but I am usually lazy, maybe I should make a CP profile for bombing... only 3k gold to swap after all...

Edited by Undefwun on July 24, 2019 1:54PM
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next patch- if the healing ward changes go live- shadowy disguise will be the better magblade style.

Healing ward into cloak... with Rapid regen running? A BRR back bar?

This will be broken.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Next patch- if the healing ward changes go live- shadowy disguise will be the better magblade style.

This will be broken.

I thought so at first when seeing the changes but now I’m not sure. You’ll have a hell of a time against any stam.

Blade cloak and stampede are going to be pulsing aoe damage. The actual damage it does is irrelevant, point is it will knock anyone in melee range out of stealth passively.

It’ll be business as usual I think. Cloak vs potatoes who want to do pve specs in pvp will be powerful, cloak vs pvpers will be next to useless. Shade I think will be a better defense tool but the cost is going up, we’ll need a heck of a lot more regen to be competitive.

I’m thinking the new monster set (sustain set) + BRP resto + buffer of the swift but that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Using the BRP resto will mean using a damage set and breaking it on my healing bar - even as a healer. Thinking Icy Conjuror but I’m not sure, might go willpower and double resto. The maelstrom staff for mutagen proc sustain would be nice.

Everyone’s thinking rapid regen is the way to go too but I don’t think so. Rapid regen will be extremely powerful but only over 5 seconds. Mutagen plus dark cloak will be really nice, and switching to the resto bar every 5 seconds is impractical with all the cc flying around. Rapid regen on your back bar will make you really vulnerable to burst combos.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 24, 2019 2:53PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • zammo
    zammo
    ✭✭✭

This will be broken.

Or Dampen into Healing Ward, or Healing Ward into roll dodge. Few options available, not just for shadowy disguise users. Can't see it going live as is lol.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

This will be broken.

I thought so at first when seeing the changes but now I’m not sure. You’ll have a hell of a time against any stam.

Blade cloak and stampede are going to be pulsing aoe damage. The actual damage it does is irrelevant, point is it will knock anyone in melee range out of stealth passively.

It’ll be business as usual I think. Cloak vs potatoes who want to do pve specs in pvp will be powerful, cloak vs pvpers will be next to useless. Shade I think will be a better defense tool but the cost is going up, we’ll need a heck of a lot more regen to be competitive.

I’m thinking the new monster set (sustain set) + BRP resto + buffer of the swift but that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Using the BRP resto will mean using a damage set and breaking it on my healing bar - even as a healer. Thinking Icy Conjuror but I’m not sure, might go willpower and double resto. The maelstrom staff for mutagen proc sustain would be nice.

Everyone’s thinking rapid regen is the way to go too but I don’t think so. Rapid regen will be extremely powerful but only over 5 seconds. Mutagen plus dark cloak will be really nice, and switching to the resto bar every 5 seconds is impractical with all the cc flying around. Rapid regen on your back bar will make you really vulnerable to burst combos.

For me invis cloak is all about speed. Swift, steed, concealed. Pick your poison. Long as you have that and decent reaction time, these changes will be incredible for magblade survival
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be broken.

For me invis cloak is all about speed. Swift, steed, concealed. Pick your poison. Long as you have that and decent reaction time, these changes will be incredible for magblade survival

Yeah stealth without speed and even with speed just unpredictably is what makes cloak work. You gotta move like you're dodging a sniper. Change directions fast and often once you cloak
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This will be broken.

Yeah stealth without speed and even with speed just unpredictably is what makes cloak work. You gotta move like you're dodging a sniper. Change directions fast and often once you cloak

We’ll see. For magblade runners now what I do is alternate lotus fan and elemental ring to knock them out of stealth. My teammates do the test of the work. It works incredibly well on Stamblades who become an easy kill, magblades sometimes can get away.

I just find Shadowy Disguise very easy to counter if you spec for it. I think stampede > onslaught or stampede > dizzy will do most stealth classes in pretty easily. Combine it with fossilize or a good snare and it should do the trick.

It all depends how the burst vs self healing plays out. If burst wins magblade will be tough, if self healing wins out so you can escape pressure then it will work.

It will also depend on how they coded onslaught. If only stamina damage attacks get the pen then it won’t be good, if onslaught makes swallow soul/funnel health ignore resistances it could create some neat builds and those abilities won’t suck in pvp.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 24, 2019 5:54PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be broken.

We’ll see. For magblade runners now what I do is alternate lotus fan and elemental ring to knock them out of stealth. My teammates do the test of the work. It works incredibly well on Stamblades who become an easy kill, magblades sometimes can get away.

I just find Shadowy Disguise very easy to counter if you spec for it. I think stampede > onslaught or stampede > dizzy will do most stealth classes in pretty easily. Combine it with fossilize or a good snare and it should do the trick.

It all depends how the burst vs self healing plays out. If burst wins magblade will be tough, if self healing wins out so you can escape pressure then it will work.

It will also depend on how they coded onslaught. If only stamina damage attacks get the pen then it won’t be good, if onslaught makes swallow soul/funnel health ignore resistances it could create some neat builds and those abilities won’t suck in pvp.

Is stampede breaking cloak? I was reading the changes to the ability and how it reads the aoe from the ability should only go off if you hit your opponent with the gap closer. So using that information the aoe should never be activated against someone who is cloaking because cloak would cause the initial hit of the gap closer to miss. I can’t test it on the PTS but if stampede is breaking cloak I don’t think that is intended
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This will be broken.

Is stampede breaking cloak? I was reading the changes to the ability and how it reads the aoe from the ability should only go off if you hit your opponent with the gap closer. So using that information the aoe should never be activated against someone who is cloaking because cloak would cause the initial hit of the gap closer to miss. I can’t test it on the PTS but if stampede is breaking cloak I don’t think that is intended

It isn’t? I thought that was why they changed stampede to pulse aoe damage. Any aoe damage breaks cloak - so the new blade cloak morph and stampede I assumed were designed to be NB counters. Both will pulse aoe damage every second.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be broken.

It isn’t? I thought that was why they changed stampede to pulse aoe damage. Any aoe damage breaks cloak - so the new blade cloak morph and stampede I assumed were designed to be NB counters. Both will pulse aoe damage every second.

It might be intended. The way it’s written makes me believe it’s not supposed to break cloak though. In the patch notes it says stampede will now deal aoe damage upon reaching your target. If a target cloaks while a player is mid stampede the ability will miss because cloak makes you un-targetable so the aoe damage shouldn’t activate. to me it sounds like stampede will only deal aoe damage if you make contact with the target. I don’t have the PTS so I am unable to test it.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - New monster set coming up in the next patch

I’m definitely going to try the new monster set when it’s released, it looks good.

I prefer either longfin pasty (tri-stat) or Mara on all my builds.

Yeah, the new monster set looking really good for many of my magblade setups. So gonna be a must-have when Live. :)

And yeh, done same with the moving to tri-stat food or Mara (on my BTB setups). Stats on Witchmother went too low.. :/ Too bad Mara getting nerfed too.. I guess soon i will be mostly on the tri-stat food and getting sustain from set(s) and Infused jewerly glyphs when needs. Might end up replacing BTB with Crafty Alfiq and juggle the sustain from other sources. Shall see when final notes are up and it hits Live.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be broken.

It might be intended. The way it’s written makes me believe it’s not supposed to break cloak though. In the patch notes it says stampede will now deal aoe damage upon reaching your target. If a target cloaks while a player is mid stampede the ability will miss because cloak makes you un-targetable so the aoe damage shouldn’t activate. to me it sounds like stampede will only deal aoe damage if you make contact with the target. I don’t have the PTS so I am unable to test it.

I want to believe you are correct but I have never exactly liked the way zos words things so I wouldn't put it past them to mean on activation and just not say it

If anyone actually has pts and could confirm this it would be amazing
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on July 24, 2019 11:21PM
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I think I fixed it.

Swapped out Riposte for a set of War Maiden I had laying around. Literally every damaging skill on my bar is magic damage now, so it's feeling pretty strong, and makes up for the loss of the Merciless buff I guess. Also gives bigger heals I think?

Went with a magicka steal glyph on the front bar, defending and spell damage on the back, stuck with Witchmother's, and switched around my mundus/jewellry enchants a little to get regen and spell damage where I want them. It's a very minor difference but I'm leaning towards 5L/2H rather than 5L/1M/1H just to be a little more well rounded in offence/defence.

I'm really enjoying the new Lotus Fan honestly. You can finish squishies off just with that and a soul harvest alone. I'm still really missing the speed buff Cripple used to give, but then, I'm also still sore it takes 5 stacks instead of the 4 it used to take to get the spectral bow. And the old Siphoning Attacks... Old injustices that still hurt...

#magblade4lyfe
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm really enjoying the new Lotus Fan honestly. You can finish squishies off just with that and a soul harvest alone. I'm still really missing the speed buff Cripple used to give, but then, I'm also still sore it takes 5 stacks instead of the 4 it used to take to get the spectral bow. And the old Siphoning Attacks... Old injustices that still hurt...

#magblade4lyfe

Yea, I love lotus fan. Once you get used to it the ability’s really nice. The dot damage is about to be reduced in the next patch, but that’s fair because the aoe dot’s really strong on live.

I don’t know if this is helpful, but when I try new sets and am designing a build there are benchmarks I try to hit in no-CP.

I usually feel comfortable around:
    2100 mana regen+ (I don’t use Siphoning Strikes)
    20k resists with either dark cloak or buffer of the swift, otherwise 25k
    23k+ health
    As much stamina as I can get without tanking damage stats, I’d say 12k or so min
    Always all impen

I’m a healer so I get focused more, but live without those numbers, especially the defensive numbers, I’d say a build is in the glass canon category. If I don’t hit those benchmarks I’ll try to design around the shortcoming another way.

I might be tankier then most though. With the knockback cc immunity being bugged so you can get knocked around repeatedly and lag, I have a hunch sometimes burst is from lag desyncs so I like being tankier.

With the new patch... who knows.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 25, 2019 12:31AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Swapped out Riposte for a set of War Maiden I had laying around. Literally every damaging skill on my bar is magic damage now, so it's feeling pretty strong, and makes up for the loss of the Merciless buff I guess. Also gives bigger heals I think?

Went with a magicka steal glyph on the front bar, defending and spell damage on the back, stuck with Witchmother's, and switched around my mundus/jewellry enchants a little to get regen and spell damage where I want them. It's a very minor difference but I'm leaning towards 5L/2H rather than 5L/1M/1H just to be a little more well rounded in offence/defence.

#magblade4lyfe

I like warmaiden but next patch with all the buffed healing from the resto staff I think it might be lacking. It doesn't buff dark cloak and will not buff any resto bar skills. On live it's probably still a good set. I personally haven't run it on a long time. I kist feel next patch you will be missing out on a decent amount of healing buffs.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

#magblade4lyfe

I like warmaiden but next patch with all the buffed healing from the resto staff I think it might be lacking. It doesn't buff dark cloak and will not buff any resto bar skills. On live it's probably still a good set. I personally haven't run it on a long time. I kist feel next patch you will be missing out on a decent amount of healing buffs.

I was looking at warmaiden for a set to break with the BRP resto on my healing bar. So get the magic damage on destro/2 hander and break the set when I’m healing.

What do you think? Next patch will be a game changer for magblades I think.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 26, 2019 12:37AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • DomiNate4NB
    DomiNate4NB
    ✭✭
    Running war maiden, calu and slime..destro/resto

Destro: Swallow soul, lotus, inner light, fear, flex(ele wpn, merci,mark,shadow img)..soul harvest

Resto: concealed (speed and stun), RAT, cloak, rapid Regen, healing ward...soul siphon

Khajit with lots of crit damage amps = Bodies.

If you can cloak around effectively youre still very difficult to kill as well.

Because I have limited heals I run a defending health resto.

Very fun way to play magblade imo!

Finding what works for your play style is the best way to go.
    Edited by DomiNate4NB on July 26, 2019 3:34AM
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭

#magblade4lyfe

Yeah, the way I have my gear set up, my resto bar is just part of the Shackle set anyway. I've never had a fancy special staff like the Asylum ones or what have you, because I can't really be bothered to do the content to get one.

I've always found the HOT from Swallow Soul and Degeneration to be enough if you're doing it right anyway. I don't lean on healing too much, and try to make sure Healing Ward is there for emergencies only in order to force myself into the right mindset.

Can anyone provide a good summary of the changes that will affect us next patch? I don't keep up with the PTS goings on.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#magblade4lyfe

I was looking at warmaiden for a set to break with the BRP resto on my healing bar. So get the magic damage on destro/2 hander and break the set when I’m healing.

What do you think? Next patch will be a game changer for magblades I think.

Hmm they changed the 2,3,4 stats, it used to be like more hp, some critical, and something else. Now the set seems more in time with a mag front bar style. I dont think it will be a bad choice at all with brp resto.
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on July 26, 2019 12:55PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

#magblade4lyfe

Can anyone provide a good summary of the changes that will affect us next patch? I don't keep up with the PTS goings on.

There’s going to be one more patch this coming Monday. Then what’s on PTS usually usually goes live with some bug fixes. Come Monday the theorycrafting will go into full gear.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair