The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Chat delay 10 minutes, guilds disappeared, friends disappeared PC-EU after maintenance 6/10/2019

• Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Update: We are currently working on a hotfix to address these issues. This won't require any downtime, but it will take at least a couple hours to stage and publish.

Why is it affecting only EU servers every time?
    Options
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    CiNNeR wrote: »
    Guilds and friends lists working again. Only guildchat lags for about 30 minuter to an hour.

Nope!!!
    Nothings changed here...

As I said a bit later, fell out of the game, came back and it didn't work anymore

Anyhow, they are working on a hotfix
    Options
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: We are currently working on a hotfix to address these issues. This won't require any downtime, but it will take at least a couple hours to stage and publish.

Imagine
    Options
  • McSaban
    McSaban
    ✭✭
    Can't even login...
    Options
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not only suspected to happen, it is expected these days after a maintenance.

Their blatent disregard for this game, the servers and players is beyond compare. They cannot wait for this game to crash and burn it seems.
    Options
  • Mesonyx
    Mesonyx
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah same problem here, no friends (story of my life?), 5 active guilds + items just vanished etc. Wow, do they really not see how bad this is for a massive online multiplayer game after 6 hours of maintenance? I really haven't been venting much about the delays, loading screens and bugs since I started playing this game years ago but I'm reaching the level up being fed up and wondering whether this game is actually worth spending a monthly fee on while so much is not working properly. It's just irritating. Get it together already.
    Options
  • Vivecc
    Vivecc
    ✭✭✭
    a few hours ? well, thanks Gina to get us informed
    pc/eu
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Atm I just wish there was something else worth my time out there, but ZOS can thank their luck that there isnt, it has reached the stage where I read patch and see 'what will they break this time?"
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bit of an unfortunate way to phrase this when Cyrodiil is already down.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    So as I said. Tablespaces destroyed during the patch. Now deleted, what people see is cache. Restore from backup will take time and things will come back. No amends, no goodies, all normal as ***, Gina does not care.
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for keeping us posted :)
    Options
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭

You serious? :)

Because the servers are physically different. It is not a problem with the patch. Someone either deleted tables from a database, or the DB got corrupted, either way, it happened while patching, and now they need to fix it.

Question is: Did they have a moron enter the wrong command, or did they really hit a snag (very unlikely with Oracle, tbh)... Well, we will never know, will we :)

Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like how this didnt even got tested. Literraly took me 10 Seconds to realize something is broken.

Do you even test your "updates"?
    Options
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The only way they will start caring about the EU servers is if they see a rapid decline in eso+ subscribers and player numbers. Money is the language they understand.
    Options
  • k0u
    k0u
    ✭✭
    Obviously problems can occur. Especially in such a complex environment, I don't want to imagine how reading and working with this code feels.
    Unlucky that it is on a holiday. (in a lot of european countries)

What shocks me though is the lack of communication.
    Options
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only way they will start caring about the EU servers is if they see a rapid decline in eso+ subscribers and player numbers. Money is the language they understand.

True. Probem is, these statements just make subscribers laugh.
    Options
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Carmina wrote: »

Because the servers are physically different. It is not a problem with the patch. Someone either deleted tables from a database, or the DB got corrupted, either way, it happened while patching, and now they need to fix it.

Question is: Did they have a moron enter the wrong command, or did they really hit a snag (very unlikely with Oracle, tbh)... Well, we will never know, will we :)

Then they should bring the servers up to par with eachother, we've had this exact same issue 10+ times since murkmire, and ofc all the other performance issues bound to only EU.
    Options
  • erialor
    erialor
    Soul Shriven
    Gnozo wrote: »

I like how this didnt even got tested. Literraly took me 10 Seconds to realize something is broken.

Clever you - when did you log on?

Chat, guilds, friends and Cyro was fine 4hrs ago
    Options
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG, on the BE3 stage all sounds soo cool from the Bethesda & ZOS guys, but then next days we're back to reality I guess... :D
    Edited by woufff on June 10, 2019 6:42PM
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
    Options
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭

**sigh**

This is NOT DUE TO THE PATCH! Testing would not have avoided this. Criticism towards ZOS is totally justified, regarding communication and all that. But this was not due to not testing. They messed up applying the patch.
    Options
  • Guizan
    Guizan
    ✭✭✭
    erialor wrote: »

Clever you - when did you log on?

Chat, guilds, friends and Cyro was fine 4hrs ago

It worked when I logged on at 1600 CEST but at 1715 CEST it was broken...

Options
  • Schemering
    Schemering
    ✭✭✭
    k0u wrote: »
    Obviously problems can occur. Especially in such a complex environment, I don't want to imagine how reading and working with this code feels.
    Unlucky that it is on a holiday. (in a lot of european countries)

What shocks me though is the lack of communication.

y its unlucky it happens but i have no problems with that. There is no lack of communication imo its just that we have to search for the communications ourselves within player made threads instead of a message central at top of forum homepage...
    PC/EU AD 1500+ PC/NA 300+

Schemering - Breton magicka Nightblade
    Ambergloed - Argonian Templar Healer
    Fonkeling - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
    Twinkeling - Dunmer magicka Nightblade
    Sprankeling- Altmer magicka Nightblade
    Schittering - Redguard stamina Nightblade
    Glinstering - Khajiit stamina Sorcerer
    Spiegeling - Altmer magicka Necromancer
    Flonkering - Orc stamina Necromancer
    Glimmering - Argonian Necromancer
    Duisternis - Dunmer magicka Dragonknight
    Maanlicht - Altmer magicka Templar
    Weerlicht - Altmer magicka Sorcerer
    Zonnestraal - Redguard stamina Warden EP char
    Slagschaduw - Dunmer magicka Warden - Healer or Damage Dealer
    Ochtendgloren - Imperial stamina Templar
    Avondval - Redguard stamina Dragonknight
    Aurora Noorderlicht - Breton magicka Nightblade DC char
    Dageraad - Breton magicka Sorcerer

Wisseling - Breton magicka Nightblade NA
    Zonsverduistering - Breton Templar NA Healer
    Tinteling - Argonian Dragonknight NA Tank
    Options
  • GMdoghunter
    GMdoghunter
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell is going on here all my guilds have disappeared and no friends list either ALL GONE since update,get the issue fixed.(: :/
    Options
  • GMdoghunter
    GMdoghunter
    ✭✭✭
    I lost all my friends and my guilds dissapeared from PC EU.

same here guilds and friends all gone this is not acceptable.
    Options
  • Kotusha
    Kotusha
    ✭✭✭
    Carmina wrote: »

Because the servers are physically different.

Emphasis on "every time". The problems are on EU only. Every other server is fine.
    Options
  • Thorgal
    Thorgal
    ✭✭✭
    Ola
    Yes, the problem seems to be identified and we are currently working on the problem.
    No, that's my answer;)
    What I do not understand is why we make a patch that aggravates the game.
    We pay thousands of dollars in ads / trailers, but we are not able to test a patch before it is set up!
    Especially do not tell me it's done it would be worse lol
    I understand perfectly well that it is not easy, but when a player waits for six hours to improve the game and in fact he goes back; he bites his fingers.
    However, you do great things, but it ruins everything, what a pity, sadness ... And I'm not talking about the Guild leaders who have to work hard to make up for the delay in their events;)
    Good luck
    Thorgal
    Edited by Thorgal on June 10, 2019 6:53PM
    " Je ne suis pas un homme, je suis une arme de forme humaine. Sortez-moi de mon fourreau et pointez-moi vers l'ennemi." .Skyrim - Hrongar à Fort Dragon.
    Options
  • Nhilandra77
    Nhilandra77
    ✭✭
    cant tell if ive lost all my friends as I cant login to my alt in cyrodiil
    Options
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes exactly one hour for guild messages to appear :D
    Options
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    It takes exactly one hour for guild messages to appear :D

Mine took 2 hours.
    Options
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday in BE3
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgxZr6LLS34"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=DgxZr6LLS34
    Options