The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

7K Necro Bash... Is this for real?

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *stops for break*
    *looks at thread*
    *grins*
    *gets back to grinding necro*
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    *stops for break*
    *looks at thread*
    *grins*
    *gets back to grinding necro*

I'm sure there is an entire horde of FOTM players salivating over this topic while they run with the Alik'r Dolmen train. :D
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish all the pvp players would stop moaning every time there's an ability they don't like
    there's been that many nerfs lately, its not funny.
    and for someone that mainly pve,s its ruining the whole game
    suck it up and be a man, or woman

Would be nice if pvers stopped blaming for pvp for everything from skills nerf to outside rain

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should've been magnecro

Now mag necro is gonna get even worse
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    LordTareq wrote: »
    I don't play a necromancer, but I don't think this is OP. It's a 250 cost ultimate. The bone goliath form is very obvious and only lasts 20 seconds. You basically just get the hell out of dodge when a necro uses this and try to stall for time. After stalling for 20 seconds you re-engage. Learn to play issue simply put.
    And yes I too foolishly attacked a necromancer in goliath form (the AOE morph) because I had no idea how it worked, and yes I died.

"just don't engage" and "run away" isn't valid counter-play. if an ability is so good that your only option is to opt out of combat entirely, it's too good. bash weaving with a 7k bash is hilariously broken, it's literally an extra 7k dps for 20 seconds for builds that can sustain it. it's like adding a 7k damage proc to your light attacks for the duration, lol. 2k light attack, 3k heroic, 7k bash is 12k dps, which means you'd be pretty much 2 shotting people. in what world is that balanced?

Fair enough. As a NB I can disengage more easily and wait it out, but for the other classes (other than sorcs) its a bit trickier. I got crit for 13.4k by a necro bash today, and see more and more people in BG's using this so its catching on.

Yeah this shouldn't be a thing. There is no way the class reps didn't notice this, and it was mentioned on the PTS forums multiple times with there even being a thread about it IIRC. I'm honestly really curious how this even made it to PTS. Is there not a single person on the development team who tried to pvp with this? How about someone who actually knows how to bash cancel or even knows what it is? The answer seems to be "no" and that legitimately worries me, lol.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be addressed ASAP for pvp, insta killing people ... if ZOS acknowledges its a bug then at least players might stop abusing it, until they actually fix it.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wycks wrote: »
    This needs to be addressed ASAP for pvp, insta killing people ... if ZOS acknowledges its a bug then at least players might stop abusing it, until they actually fix it.

It's not a bug, apparently. ZOS designed this on purpose, LOL.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wycks wrote: »

It's not a bug, apparently. ZOS designed this on purpose, LOL.

Yup not surprising.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that Bash as spammable as the regular bash is? Or does it have a 1s GCD?
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Is that Bash as spammable as the regular bash is? Or does it have a 1s GCD?

Same speed as a normal bash. So like 3 per second all hitting harder than an incap and is also AOE. And you have people who think it's perfectly balanced :D
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys! It’s perfectly balanced! the non biased testers and community VIPs made sure of it! It’s too late to complain now! You should have complained on PTS! Just use your race change token! Just git Gud! You roleplayers don’t know what you’re talking about! Stop complaining Lolololololol

-_-
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Considering 7k dmg is low compared to most fully charged heavy attacks and that's an ultimate ability, yeah, that is real.

And it's fine too.

You, getting 39 agrees for such a stupid claim, reminds me how awsome this community is.
    7k dmg for bash is absurd.
    Edited by amir412 on May 26, 2019 6:57AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Considering 7k dmg is low compared to most fully charged heavy attacks and that's an ultimate ability, yeah, that is real.

And it's fine too.

You, getting 39 agrees for such a stupid claim, reminds me how awsome this community is.
    7k dmg for bash is absurd.

I burst out laughing when I read that comment. 39 agrees later it's not so funny anymore and I've lost all faith in humanity.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Oliwaltony
    Oliwaltony
    ✭✭✭
    And again, pvpers complaining will get the pveers to get screwed by getting a fine skill to be nerfed. Can we get seperate skills values in pvp/pve already?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oliwaltony wrote: »
    And again, pvpers complaining will get the pveers to get screwed by getting a fine skill to be nerfed. Can we get seperate skills values in pvp/pve already?

So 20k damage for 20 seconds you can use 50 bashes, it is 1mil damage. Basically u pop up ulti and u nuke a boss in vMA if there is no specific mechanic. Yes that sounds balanced. Good that bosses cannot complain :smiley:
    Because I can!
  • Oliwaltony
    Oliwaltony
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

So 20k damage for 20 seconds you can use 50 bashes, it is 1mil damage. Basically u pop up ulti and u nuke a boss in vMA if there is no specific mechanic. Yes that sounds balanced. Good that bosses cannot complain :smiley:

That's 50k dps over 20 seconds at the cost of 250 ulti that you need to generate at a lower dps. That does'nt seems broken at all? and that is if you build around that, which most pveers wont do. It is broken in pvp only, not in pve.

BTW vMA bosses does haves mechanics and will nuke you down if all you do is bash even with the extra 30k health. If you build yourself with sword and shield and try to maximize the dammage of the ult, I can garantee you you'll die, alot. vMA drops you downs easily if you dont have anything else than dammage, and even there, 50k dps is'nt even that much.
    Edited by Oliwaltony on May 26, 2019 2:03PM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's 50k dps over 20 seconds at the cost of 250 ulti that you need to generate at a lower dps. That does'nt seems broken at all? and that is if you build around that, which most pveers wont do. It is broken in pvp only, not in pve.

BTW vMA bosses does haves mechanics and will nuke you down if all you do is bash even with the extra 30k health. If you build yourself with sword and shield and try to maximize the dammage of the ult, I can garantee you you'll die, alot. vMA drops you downs easily if you dont have anything else than dammage, and even there, 50k dps is'nt even that much.

Then why do you care so much about it if it's not relevant in PvE?
    Edited by TheYKcid on May 26, 2019 2:49PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Marcus_Thracius
    Marcus_Thracius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time to bring more cancer to pvp - yeah baby ride the train
  • Oliwaltony
    Oliwaltony
    ✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

you misquoted me and try to shut me down, but I never said it wasn't relevant, I said, and proved it was ok, but not OP. I do not need OP, neither do I need crappy nerfed skill. Ok is ok. It need to be usable, and right now it is, without breacking the game in pve. In pvp it does. My earlier point still stand: make it so the skills scales differently in pvp: Most problems solved.
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming Necro-Ult AOE Bash is meant to have a cooldown attached that somehow missed PTS? Can they even code that, adding a CD on Bash when using one Ult morph only?
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All the bosses in there can be nuked to oblivion without doing their mechanics excluding round 8 where you have to break the pylons and round 9 unless you're that one guy I heard about who nuked him before the boss went up even once. Round 5 I guess you gotta swap icebergs. Not really many mechanics in there to worry about if you can blow em up.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Oliwaltony
    Oliwaltony
    ✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »

All the bosses in there can be nuked to oblivion without doing their mechanics excluding round 8 where you have to break the pylons and round 9 unless you're that one guy I heard about who nuked him before the boss went up even once. Round 5 I guess you gotta swap icebergs. Not really many mechanics in there to worry about if you can blow em up.

With a proper build, yeah. Not with a bashing necro ahaha.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer is King of PvP and PvE.
    It is what the Holy Great Divine Creator ZOS decided.
    We have to pray to ZOS every day for 36 hours and keep shouting "Yes!".

King of DPS? Yes! We can Necromancer!!
    King of Tank? Yes! We can Necromancer!!
    King of Healer? Yes! We can Necromancer!!

This is beautiful destiny and great happiness so you should jump off the cliff if you feel in doubt.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can this work for magicka necro. Asking for a friend.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »

Not really, cause you kinda need Stam pool and SnB to bash like that

All they need to do is while in the form have a bash GCD limiter
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »

Does anything work for magicka necro? Asking for a different friend.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely thought that you'd be doing the same attack that your flesh colossus Ulti does, as an Attack Override kinda thing.
    Turns out it's literally just bash with a conal AoE.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I just ran 5 hours on a Sunday night, primetime, in Cyrodiil and not once died to any cheese bash builds. The sky isn't falling, I guess.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/xfIIXbq

This seems kind of overpowered. The guy was just going around deleting people in 2 seconds with this bash.

xfIIXbq.jpg

This is the one side of the coin.
    Now show us the other.
    Your mitigations.
    I`m sure you are in pve gear and probably light armor too.
    I wont ask you why you dont kite him when you see he use his ulty?
    Is hard to miss.
    Its clear that you dont have idea what his ultimate do. Now you do.
    No offense m8, but is clealy l2p issue.
    Next time you go to imperial city, bring somefriends and equip some pvp gar. It helps.
    Have fun
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Ulti is super expensive tough

I heard that one before, but in reference to an Ice cold jerky-jerk AOE snare ultimate. Now we get a juicy big-bone 7k, after mitigation ;).

I actually want to see that now. Watch a "meta" snareden snare a necro in place, only to eat multiple 7k bashes lol.

I`m sure he had 8k mits m8.
    Just saying.

In regards to it being 250 ulti, do you gain ultimate while transformed?
    Nope.
    Edited by Runkorko on May 27, 2019 6:32AM