The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

7K Necro Bash... Is this for real?

Emma_Overload
Emma_Overload
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://imgur.com/xfIIXbq

This seems kind of overpowered. The guy was just going around deleting people in 2 seconds with this bash.

xfIIXbq.jpg
Edited by Emma_Overload on May 23, 2019 7:39PM
#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was in goliath form so bash is like an ultimate in that state.
    Signature

• Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro tank is OP. Necro anything else is luke warm at best.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's just stupid. Reminds me why I don't PVP anymore. :/
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a classic case of being impatient that got you all killed. Goliath form only lasts 20 seconds and you can still use CC to hinder his approach while you stall out the clock. After Goliath runs out the Necro Tank will be vulnerable with little dps options and you can take him out.
    Edited by Vercingetorix on May 23, 2019 9:01PM
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering 7k dmg is low compared to most fully charged heavy attacks and that's an ultimate ability, yeah, that is real.

And it's fine too.
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try spending magicka to activate abilities? That will increase your combat effectiveness.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should it use ultimate per bash and be toggle like Overload?
  • rossk25
    rossk25
    ✭✭✭
    "hey look all. I died to X class that did Y damage!!!
    THIS IS OP. NERF!!!!!!!!"
    Bosmer Magicka Templar - Dest/Resto Staff [ex Stamina Templar - Bow/DW]
    Dunmer Magicka DK - Dest/Resto staff
    Breton Magicka NB - [Dest/DW PvE] [Dest/Resto PvP]
    Bosmer Stamina Warden - Bow/2H
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if they remove shields from sorcs and cloak from NBs
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip lol
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the BASH-O-MATIC 9000 is back bb!

it only took 5 years, a new class, and one of that classes ultimate's, but that just ensures nobody saw it coming!

@Xsorus MAKE IT SO!
    Edited by Wing on May 23, 2019 9:49PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you hold block?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Considering 7k dmg is low compared to most fully charged heavy attacks and that's an ultimate ability, yeah, that is real.

And it's fine too.

except fire staff heavy is what, 10-11k? Thats 5-6k after battlespirit, 20% or so from CP, 10-20% off armor so drops it to like 3-4k.
    That 7k bash, is like a 23k tolltip lol.

I also heard, that if you bash in the air, it will cause the dmg around you without the bash cost ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it's fine too.

Wat
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro bash puny humans!
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a classic case of being impatient that got you all killed. Goliath form only lasts 20 seconds and you can still use CC to hinder his approach while you stall out the clock. After Goliath runs out the Necro Tank will be vulnerable with little dps options and you can take him out.

ah yes, if you don't want to get deleted by a 7k bash, just run away. this goes for any other abilities that have ever been overpowered, just run away bro lol. also only "tanks" use the goliath ult, no one runs s/b in pvp and does damage and in fact there is no one in pvp who builds around s/b with high weapon damage and reduced bash cost to bash weave. what am i even reading.
    Edited by ecru on May 23, 2019 10:00PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can tell when something is OP, people jump to its defense telling you how bad it is and all the ways to deal with it.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And it's fine too.
    lol @ this dumb comment having 7 agrees already smdh
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kinda regretting not rolling a stam necro now, pretty sure with a 7k bash and 50k hp i would be deleting entire BGs.

oh well.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulti is super expensive tough
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

You make WoW forums looking like a nice play to hang around.

[edited for non-constructive comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on May 24, 2019 8:14PM
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play a necromancer, but I don't think this is OP. It's a 250 cost ultimate. The bone goliath form is very obvious and only lasts 20 seconds. You basically just get the hell out of dodge when a necro uses this and try to stall for time. After stalling for 20 seconds you re-engage. Learn to play issue simply put.
    And yes I too foolishly attacked a necromancer in goliath form (the AOE morph) because I had no idea how it worked, and yes I died.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulti is super expensive tough

I heard that one before, but in reference to an Ice cold jerky-jerk AOE snare ultimate. Now we get a juicy big-bone 7k, after mitigation ;).

I actually want to see that now. Watch a "meta" snareden snare a necro in place, only to eat multiple 7k bashes lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    I don't play a necromancer, but I don't think this is OP. It's a 250 cost ultimate. The bone goliath form is very obvious and only lasts 20 seconds. You basically just get the hell out of dodge when a necro uses this and try to stall for time. After stalling for 20 seconds you re-engage. Learn to play issue simply put.
    And yes I too foolishly attacked a necromancer in goliath form (the AOE morph) because I had no idea how it worked, and yes I died.

true. But wheres my self cast nova that lets me cast the gav crush synergy with AOE major maim for 12 seconds?

We need the devs to give us an update on the design intent for all classes so we can really get serious on feedback, because some classes are not up to par with half of the things in this game even though this patch was mostly a class skill audit lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy this stamina Necromancers. Your about to become a FOTM. And as a stamina warden all I can do is shed a tear for what’s about to happen as a result.
    PvP needs more love.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

"just don't engage" and "run away" isn't valid counter-play. if an ability is so good that your only option is to opt out of combat entirely, it's too good. bash weaving with a 7k bash is hilariously broken, it's literally an extra 7k dps for 20 seconds for builds that can sustain it. it's like adding a 7k damage proc to your light attacks for the duration, lol. 2k light attack, 3k heroic, 7k bash is 12k dps, which means you'd be pretty much 2 shotting people. in what world is that balanced?

Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • kollege14a5
    kollege14a5
    ✭✭✭
    HI GOT THE SAME PROBLEM WITH DK
    CORROSIVE KILLED ME IS THIS FOR REAL??? I WAS STANDING THERE IN BLOCK LIKE I USUALLY DO AND HE DID SO MUCH DMG AND THEN I READ THE ULT AND I WAS SHOCKED. IT IGNORES ARMOR WTF? IS THIS FOR REAL? PLS NERF TY
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, the Necro Ultimate "bash build" is one of those one-trick pony builds. It gets very, very boring quickly. (Think on the lines of high health "Blazeplars" {which don't really exist anymore} and IceDens who have strong Gripping Shards.)

You'll probably see this build running around for a couple of weeks and then people will get tired of having to wait to reach 250 ultimate to eventually do damage to other players. :|
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the Necro Ultimate "bash build" is one of those one-trick pony builds. It gets very, very boring quickly. (Think on the lines of high health "Blazeplars" {which don't really exist anymore} and IceDens who have strong Gripping Shards.)

You'll probably see this build running around for a couple of weeks and then people will get tired of having to wait to reach 250 ultimate to eventually do damage to other players. :|

In regards to it being 250 ulti, do you gain ultimate while transformed?
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just an ult, you don't really need to build around it if you're already s/b, you just need to slot it.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer