The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

7K Necro Bash... Is this for real?

• Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Honestly, the Necro Ultimate "bash build" is one of those one-trick pony builds. It gets very, very boring quickly. (Think on the lines of high health "Blazeplars" {which don't really exist anymore} and IceDens who have strong Gripping Shards.)

You'll probably see this build running around for a couple of weeks and then people will get tired of having to wait to reach 250 ultimate to eventually do damage to other players. :|

In regards to it being 250 ulti, do you gain ultimate while transformed?

You cannot gain ultimate in the form.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, the Necro Ultimate "bash build" is one of those one-trick pony builds. It gets very, very boring quickly. (Think on the lines of high health "Blazeplars" {which don't really exist anymore} and IceDens who have strong Gripping Shards.)

You'll probably see this build running around for a couple of weeks and then people will get tired of having to wait to reach 250 ultimate to eventually do damage to other players. :|
    I don't think ult gen is gonna be a problem for Necro tanks using things like Bone Armor and/or other Necro skills that create corpses plus Necrotic Potency. Necrotic Potency give you 6 ult initially plus 6 more for every additional corpse you consume. A bulky tank will likely easily be able to spam Minor Heroism and Bone Armor/Potency to rack up ult fairly quickly.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?
    Faught a premade full necro team in bg last night, never got a hit above 5k from them, they just last longer because they have a healer, and they were a premade team.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NEC is still on promotion .
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    the BASH-O-MATIC 9000 is back bb!

it only took 5 years, a new class, and one of that classes ultimate's, but that just ensures nobody saw it coming!

@Xsorus MAKE IT SO!

lol

to funny

Ironically, I think that Necro bash might actually do less then the original bash-o-matic did in terms of HP and damage...
    Edited by Xsorus on May 24, 2019 1:28AM
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt jump on people for talking about issues. We all *should* know better than to expect a smooth roll out. PTS is pretty limiting compared to going live, just in number base alone.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    you can tell when something is OP, people jump to its defense telling you how bad it is and all the ways to deal with it.

Don't forget the part where they claim "identity" :D . I'm still waiting for that word to appear here...

Oh wait!

Stop trying to take away necro identity!
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All you had to do was kite the goliath form for 20 or so seconds. If your staying in melee range of an ultimate what do you expect?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait wait ..

That's Imp City

I almost guarantee you Physique was being used, meaning that those are definitely inflated by an insane set
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... 3 days?
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/xfIIXbq

This seems kind of overpowered. The guy was just going around deleting people in 2 seconds with this bash.

xfIIXbq.jpg

Not for all the other bugs the Necro has.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is bash damage affected by weapon or spell damage? Is it affected by Max stamina it Max Magicka?
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can get close to 20k if you build for it.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Considering 7k dmg is low compared to most fully charged heavy attacks and that's an ultimate ability, yeah, that is real.

And it's fine too.

You have never done any pvp in this game, and neither have the 18 people that clicked agree on your comment
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think this is cool :D
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    All you had to do was kite the goliath form for 20 or so seconds. If your staying in melee range of an ultimate what do you expect?

Yeah, I know that now. This was the first time me (or anyone else) had run into this build.

The problem (if there is one) is that now we have a situation all over again like we had with Werewolves before they got nerfed - your ONLY counterplay is to just run away! Running away is not very satisfying.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isn’t the OP a sorc? Showing damage numbers is meaningless without context. If the person’s a glass canon in all divines every damage ability is OP... unless it’s on a sorc.

As for running away, what do you do when you see a permafrost or eye of the storm? Just eat it?
    Edited by Iskiab on May 24, 2019 3:54AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions

One is the bash an AoE?
    Two were you using major evasion?

I recall the tooltip saying something about it being AoE, so that may be a little counterplay.
    PvP needs more love.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh, reminds me of bash dks at launch. Good times!
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    Did you try spending magicka to activate abilities? That will increase your combat effectiveness.

This is my favourite reply of 2019 so far. “Did you try pressing buttons? Did you ensure your controller was plugged in?

*Troubleshooting for zerglings.

Necro is lukewarm at best so stop with the nerf nonsense already.
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you didn't have any problems with overload, which dealt more damage.
    How is this ultimate any different?
    Edited by Kr3do on May 24, 2019 5:56AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Isn’t the OP a sorc? Showing damage numbers is meaningless without context. If the person’s a glass canon in all divines every damage ability is OP... unless it’s on a sorc.

As for running away, what do you do when you see a permafrost or eye of the storm? Just eat it?

My current build has 19K physical resist and 3K crit resist. Imagine if there was a machine gun firing crystal frags at you and they all crit... that's how hard and fast this guy was hitting. My 29K health went from 100 to 0 in what felt like a couple seconds.

BTW, I'm not demanding a nerf. I just want to see what the community thinks about this ultimate. Is this what necromancer is all about, building ult until you wallop people with this thing?

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t an ultimate about walloping?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Rip lol

RIP near necro? I doubt that ^^
    <PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, look ! There is another class starting with "N" that is going to receive heavy nerfs... I am starting to see a pattern here...
    :D
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is legal
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a Stam class can do dmg to a light armor user? Color me suprised
    Edited by mann9753b16_ESO on May 24, 2019 7:21AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rossk25 wrote: »
    "hey look all. I died to X class that did Y damage!!!
    THIS IS OP. NERF!!!!!!!!"

That is 90% of the threads in these forums. Though some try to disguise themselves as well thought suggestions for change but the ensuing discussion shows the truth.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    You can use that ultimate only after you regained 250 Ultimate after 20 seconds where your ultigen is completely stopped. You give up cheap and powerful ultimates (DboS for example) for that 20s window where you might be able to bash people to death (if they arent careful).

Screaming how OP this is just based on a death recap after 3 days of patch time isnt really how to convince devs to listen to your feedback. Look at the tooltip and compare it to similar ultimates (such as EotS), other passives that might boost it (such as the 1h&s passive that most players combine this with) and instead of trying to get an ultimate ability nerfed to the ground (which are allowed to be powerful and meant to be dangerous to others), maybe we need to look at other passives that make this so strong...

Reducing the potency of this ultimate further (it was already nerfed from its original state) will simply stop players from using it, especially because it is so expensive.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem I see is that the bash CD is too low. You can use 5 bash in 2 seconds. That Ultimate should change the bash CD to 1 per second.
    Because I can!