The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NB Changes v5.0.1: Problem Areas and Potential Solutions

• JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lotus fan doesn't need the buff as it's already overloaded with utility as mentioned before, if your attempting to play a melee magblade you now can use a destruction staff for increased damage with light attack weave and access to major breach and added sustain. 2h is no longer needed having multiple sources of snare removal now with RaT and Double Take. If they gave conceal weapon major breach then you could opt for dual wield/2h/sword and board without having to mention the passive associated with each weapon along with the heavy attack stamina return. Mark target getting minor vulnerability would allow all nightblades access to the debuff without pigeon holing ranged magblade into melee or stamina nightblade to run that specific gap closer over other gap closers on the weapon skill lines. Melee magblade would still have the option of slotting it if they choose to without pigeon holing a playstyle.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give major breach/fracture to incap instead of minor mangle. (for the 6s)

Give minor vulnerability to mark target and remove major breach/fracture.

Remove minor vulnerability from ambush.

Give minor endurance back to relentless focus.

At the top of my head. I also think especially stamblade has very low or nonexistant selfhealing and need alot of help in this department, either from giving them better selfheals (that do not scale of max health resulting in trollbuilds) or giving them buffs like minor mending.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don’t pideon-hole me into :
    “...they’re a magicka class so they have to run shields to be effective...”
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incap fix is really easy in my eyes, it's simply to remove the stun that can be animation canceled to provide no form of counter play with the associated debuffs on live currently. Remove the stun that is notorious for "insta gibbing" players and creating more complaint threads about the skill, keep the defile for being able to focus down targets such as healers/tanks and give stamina form of utility that gives the stamina players a reason to use it over soul harvest which provides more pressure and damage then the current iteration of incap. I suggest something like major savagery while slotted or even a % or flat amount of stamina/health back upon kill.

You don't want a skill that's supposed to be for stamina not getting used cause there is clearly a superior morph similar to how all wardens use permafrost over northern storm. That is bad design and implementation.
    Edited by JinxxND on April 23, 2019 6:49PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double cost on Grim Focus kinda kills this skill.

ZOS should simply change the need to cast this skill the first time to simply "while slotted".
    It does not provide any buff whatsoever, it simply starts to count Light / heavy attacks. When counter hits "5" you need to cast it again and it cost resources... again...
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are changes I could live with.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double cost on Grim Focus kinda kills this skill.

ZOS should simply change the need to cast this skill the first time to simply "while slotted".
    It does not provide any buff whatsoever, it simply starts to count Light / heavy attacks. When counter hits "5" you need to cast it again and it cost resources... again...

All while frags proc’ed 3 times.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if OP is coming from a stamblade point-of-view and therefore has a blind spot to this, but for Magblade the biggest remaining pain (aside from Merciless cast costing a GCD and 2k magicka with 0 benefit, which he addresses) are the self heals.

The self heals of Funnel/Swallow and Relentless/Merciless are tied to damage done. Which makes them OP in PvE (I can hit +50k bow procs self buffed) and useless in PvP. Both skills are projectiles and their damage is affected by Scales/Shimmering, block (and extra mitigation on S&B passives for projectiles), S&B reflect(s), a high-armor meta and finally, they are doubly punished by debuffs (for example maim and defile both reduce the healing of those skills).

That mechanic needs to be put in the bin. It's the cause of serious imbalance. You can get +25k burst heal from Merciless in PvE and barely get 1k in PvP when fighting a heavy stamDK with reverb, scales, heroic and 30k armor. You will never be able to reconcile and balance these two numbers out while this mechanic of tying heals to damage done is in place. It's barely acceptable on DoTs like Burning Embers because at least DoTs are not blockable and do not get mitigated by all the extra mitigation there is specifically in place for spell projectiles.

These heals need to be untied from the damage mechanic so they can be balanced for PvP and PvE. @ZOS_Gilliam tell old Pharaoh (Wheeler) let my people heal!
    EU | PC | AD
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think self healing is okay really, just tanks need a burst heal. It just feels like we need more because magblades are so squishy.

I think magblades could use some help with mitigation. Major evasion is awesome, but I’m not sure if it’s enough.

Ability costs are expensive making 5x heavy sucky, and with 5x light it’s tough reaching 30k resistances like other melee classes.

Other issue is using a resto or destro staff as melee looks weird, I prefer the DW look.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 23, 2019 7:35PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    I don't know if OP is coming from a stamblade point-of-view and therefore has a blind spot to this, but for Magblade the biggest remaining pain (aside from Merciless cast costing a GCD and 2k magicka with 0 benefit, which he addresses) are the self heals.

The self heals of Funnel/Swallow and Relentless/Merciless are tied to damage done. Which makes them OP in PvE (I can hit +50k bow procs self buffed) and useless in PvP. Both skills are projectiles and their damage is affected by Scales/Shimmering, block (and extra mitigation on S&B passives for projectiles), S&B reflect(s), a high-armor meta and finally, they are doubly punished by debuffs (for example maim and defile both reduce the healing of those skills).

That mechanic needs to be put in the bin. It's the cause of serious imbalance. You can get +25k burst heal from Merciless in PvE and barely get 1k in PvP when fighting a heavy stamDK with reverb, scales, heroic and 30k armor. You will never be able to reconcile and balance these two numbers out while this mechanic of tying heals to damage done is in place. It's barely acceptable on DoTs like Burning Embers because at least DoTs are not blockable and do not get mitigated by all the extra mitigation there is specifically in place for spell projectiles.

These heals need to be untied from the damage mechanic so they can be balanced for PvP and PvE. @ZOS_Gilliam tell old Pharaoh (Wheeler) let my people heal!

I'm not blind to the issue, I just believe that an entire new thread devoted to that one issue is required. I wanted this post to be more about quick tweaks ZOS could potentially make to straighten out some aspects of the class.

The healing for damage done should be based off of tooltip damage (before resistances, block, etc) imo.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I actually think self healing is okay really, just tanks need a burst heal. It just feels like we need more because magblades are so squishy.

Which self heals are ok exactly? The ones that require you to sit on a spot like a lame duck (Path) which contradicts the way the class is played? The ones used only by ball group builds (Sap) that don't even need their own self heals because of dedicated healers? Or the ones that require you to sacrifice your own health first (Malevolent). Because sure as hell the heals from Swallow/Merciless are not gonna do that.

My MagSorc gets more heals from Power Surge than my Magblade gets from Siphoning Attacks and Swallow combined. And then he has Dark Conversion and Matriach burst heals too. Magblade has no burst heals, so let them be the HoT class at least by having good HoTs that aren't tied to the dmg done and don't drain your own health.
    EU | PC | AD
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭

Which self heals are ok exactly? The ones that require you to sit on a spot like a lame duck (Path) which contradicts the way the class is played? The ones used only by ball group builds (Sap) that don't even need their own self heals because of dedicated healers? Or the ones that require you to sacrifice your own health first (Malevolent). Because sure as hell the heals from Swallow/Merciless are not gonna do that.

My MagSorc gets more heals from Power Surge than my Magblade gets from Siphoning Attacks and Swallow combined. And then he has Dark Conversion and Matriach burst heals too. Magblade has no burst heals, so let them be the HoT class at least by having good HoTs that aren't tied to the dmg done and don't drain your own health.

I think it would be cool if shrewd offering got reworked into a temporary self heal.

"Gain [x] health immediately. Drain [x] health (the same amount) over 10 seconds. If the ability is cast again before the duration is up, the cost is absorbed immediately."

X would be absurdly large compared to other self heals. It would act like a panic button that can't be spammed.

Edit: would scale off of magicka so stam can't abuse it.
    Edited by twing1_ on April 23, 2019 7:51PM
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twing1_ wrote: »

I think it would be cool if shrewd offering got reworked into a temporary self heal.

"Gain [x] health immediately. Drain [x] health (the same amount) over 10 seconds. If the ability is cast again before the duration is up, the cost is absorbed immediately."

X would be absurdly large compared to other self heals. It would act like a panic button that can't be spammed.

What's the point of the heal if the skill will just take it away? Seems redundant.
    Edited by Dracan_Fontom on April 23, 2019 8:27PM
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    twing1_ wrote: »

What's the point of the heal if the skill will just take it away? Seems redundant.

In PvP it would be a strong panic heal that can't be spammed. Gives you a couple extra seconds to get the kill without having to cloak away.

Edit: but just finished speaking to class reps. Mag nb isn't going to be getting a self heal.
    Edited by twing1_ on April 23, 2019 8:39PM
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    TLDR: Make Mark Target and it's morphs provide Minor Vulnerability, move Major Fracture to Surprise Attack, remove the stun from Incapacitating strike bring back major defile and add passive utility that benefits stamina such as major savagery or stamina resources return while slotted instead of forcing them to use soul harvest.

A lot of reworks could be used and stuff can be added but I think the crucial thing at the moment is fixing surprise attack by returning major fracture and moving minor vulnerability to mark target in stead of teleport strike to retain the functionality of the stamina nightblade class while still going with ZOS vision of removing redundancies from class kits while having the diversity of builds open up with mark target getting minor vulnerability and it's potential application on all nightblade builds whether stamina or magicka, melee or ranged, healer or non healer. Not pigeon holing the class to use a melee gap closer for the debuff. Stamina nightblade being locked into that specific gap closer and ranged magicka nightblade being forced into melee and even potential healers being forced into that for the debuff. Surprise attack has been the source of major fracture for stamina nightblade also the armor buff forcing us to stay in combat with surprise attack to keep the armor buff up or it drops which has the risk/reward factor associated with the class that is one of if not the squishiest class with minimal access to extra heals for sustained combat not to mention the utility of switching targets in the already fast combat to apply the debuff from the primary resource pool, unlike mark target which is a magicka skill on an already limited magicka pool that has to be balanced with other magicka utility skills not to mention factors like the debuff getting purged having to mark different priority targets among many other factors making it impossible to keep up with the current flow of combat. Major breach on concealed weapon would also be nice in opening up melee magblade without forcing them to run a destruction staff and open up sword and board/dual wield/2h gameplay.

Stuff like incap while I believe removing the stun would be the best move for the skill because of the ability to animation cancel it and not offering counter play to the skill, while bringing back major defile and adding a passive utility to the skill like major savagery or resource return such as stamina/health upon kill while slotted, keeping with the theme of focusing down targets but not making it overkill with the overbearing stun that comes with the debuffs that also differentiates the morph from soul harvest for stamina.

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler please consider these changes as they both go along with the vision of removing redundancy in the nightblade kit while keeping with the play style of the nightblade class and how it functions already in combat while also opening up new options for ALL nightblades and play styles.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    TLDR: Make Mark Target and it's morphs provide Minor Vulnerability, move Major Fracture to Surprise Attack, remove the stun from Incapacitating strike bring back major defile and add passive utility that benefits stamina such as major savagery or stamina resources return while slotted instead of forcing them to use soul harvest.

A lot of reworks could be used and stuff can be added but I think the crucial thing at the moment is fixing surprise attack by returning major fracture and moving minor vulnerability to mark target in stead of teleport strike to retain the functionality of the stamina nightblade class while still going with ZOS vision of removing redundancies from class kits while having the diversity of builds open up with mark target getting minor vulnerability and it's potential application on all nightblade builds whether stamina or magicka, melee or ranged, healer or non healer. Not pigeon holing the class to use a melee gap closer for the debuff. Stamina nightblade being locked into that specific gap closer and ranged magicka nightblade being forced into melee and even potential healers being forced into that for the debuff. Surprise attack has been the source of major fracture for stamina nightblade also the armor buff forcing us to stay in combat with surprise attack to keep the armor buff up or it drops which has the risk/reward factor associated with the class that is one of if not the squishiest class with minimal access to extra heals for sustained combat not to mention the utility of switching targets in the already fast combat to apply the debuff from the primary resource pool, unlike mark target which is a magicka skill on an already limited magicka pool that has to be balanced with other magicka utility skills not to mention factors like the debuff getting purged having to mark different priority targets among many other factors making it impossible to keep up with the current flow of combat. Major breach on concealed weapon would also be nice in opening up melee magblade without forcing them to run a destruction staff and open up sword and board/dual wield/2h gameplay.

Stuff like incap while I believe removing the stun would be the best move for the skill because of the ability to animation cancel it and not offering counter play to the skill, while bringing back major defile and adding a passive utility to the skill like major savagery or resource return such as stamina/health upon kill while slotted, keeping with the theme of focusing down targets but not making it overkill with the overbearing stun that comes with the debuffs that also differentiates the morph from soul harvest for stamina.

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler please consider these changes as they both go along with the vision of removing redundancy in the nightblade kit while keeping with the play style of the nightblade class and how it functions already in combat while also opening up new options for ALL nightblades and play styles.

If defile remains on incap, that would be enough functionality on its own, even without the stun or your proposed savagery. In fact, slotted savagery would probably make stamina NB far too strong. The problem with this is that both morphs would then apply defile, so the base skill (death stroke) would then have to have defile as well. And then there would be no difference between death stroke and incapacitating strike.

If the stun were to be removed, I would recommend this rework (changes in bold):

Deathstroke:
    Ravage an enemy with a spinning attack to deal 1291 Magic Damage and increase your damage against them by 10% for 6 seconds.
    Also afflicts the enemy with Major Defile, reducing their healing received and Heath Recovery by 30%.

Incapacitating strike:
    Ravage an enemy with a spinning attack to deal 1291 Disease Damage and increase your damage against them by 20% for 6 seconds.
    Also afflicts the enemy with Major Defile, reducing their healing received and Heath Recovery by 30%.

Soul Harvest:
    Ravage an enemy with a spinning attack to deal 1291 Magic Damage and increase your damage against them by 10% for 6 seconds.
    While slotted, any time you kill an enemy you gain 10 Ultimate.

Giving major defile to deathstroke but also reducing the base level damage increase to 10% would allow incapacitating strike to retain its damage increase and also defile, leaving the stun the only aspect removed.

Consequently this would also nerf the damage done on the soul harvest morph, which I feel could be warranted because magblade PvE DPS is through the roof right now. Dropping the damage done increase to 10% might bring them better in line with other classes. Magblade Pvp would take a slight hit, which is completely unwarranted though. But the damage done bonus is a lot more noticeable in PvE to begin with.
    Edited by twing1_ on April 23, 2019 9:38PM
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul Harvest as is isn't considered overpowered because it has never stunned and that the cast time on grim focus was added so it can't insta gib anyone while still allowing a target to get focused down because of the unique 20% damage increase and the major defile added while having the utility of giving ult gen upon kill while slotted hence why it has remained unchanged this whole time, Incapacitating strike is always being complained about because it not only has the same debuffs and damage potential but it offers a stun on top of all that which is why many magblade would slot it since it offered only slightly less damage while offering the extremely overpowered stun on top of all the buffs which can be animation canceled to provide no time to react to the skill. If the 20% increase damage isn't considered overpowered for PvP or PvE and the major defile as long as it doesn't stun on top of that why change the damage on it affecting PvE now as well if the skill is already balanced and just add a passive utility that benefits stamina while not having any counter play by attaching a stun that can be animation canceled to provide no counter play. Major savagery doesn't add anything to PvE as Brutality, Savagery pots are already used and it adds something unique to stamina that the magicka version doesn't have, if adding increased crit chance not guaranteed damage is considered op in PvP then the other suggestion of stamina resource return while slotted would suffice without having to alter damage of what is already considered good with soul harvest while giving the stamina side it's own thing.

Messing with damage numbers of what already works is a terrible idea as it was already intended to lower nightblade dps in PvE with the removal of minor berserk and now lowering the damage to gimp magicka nightblade DPS for what? Just to make the stam morph superior? Why not just add utility to the skill to make it good for both classes while giving them their own unique buffs that don't effect PvE damage yet apply good buffs to each respective morph without having something broken like a stun that can "insta gib" players and cause more hostilities over the skill.
    Edited by JinxxND on April 23, 2019 10:23PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also what's the problem with both morphs applying defile many other abilities have the same buff/debuff attached to the skill with different utility added to allow player choice and it is an ability that goal has been stated to focus down targets which major defile helps with especially since it's the nightblades role to focus down priority targets with single target dps over the other classes.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I created a thread pointing exactly that out, didn't receive too much attention though. Its a really simple but effective change, hope ZOS stumbles over it on the forums..
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also what's the problem with both morphs applying defile many other abilities have the same buff/debuff attached to the skill with different utility added to allow player choice and it is an ability that goal has been stated to focus down targets which major defile helps with especially since it's the nightblades role to focus down priority targets with single target dps over the other classes.

There's no problem with it, it would just be uncharacteristic for both morphs to apply defile while the base skill does not. So if incap and soul harvest both get defile, death stroke should also have it.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's fine then add defile to the base morph as well again if that's deemed to be the prerequisite before moving to the upgraded morphs. Just have one morph for stamina that just adds utility such as major savagery while slotted or even stamina resource return upon kill while slotted and converting it to disease damage while retaining the established soul harvest ult gen upon kill while slotted.

Both would be strong respectively while providing added utility to the class and accomplishing the goal of focusing down single targets while not being over bearing with a stun or affecting PvE dps.
    Edited by JinxxND on April 23, 2019 11:07PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's fine then add defile to the base morph as well again if that's deemed to be the prerequisite before moving to the upgraded morphs. Just have one morph for stamina that just adds utility such as major savagery while slotted or even stamina resource return upon kill while slotted and converting it to disease damage while retaining the established soul harvest ult gen upon kill while slotted.

Both would be strong respectively while providing added utility to the class and accomplishing the goal of focusing down single targets while not being over bearing with a stun or affecting PvE dps.

I still think savagery would be too strong. Stamina return on kill I guess would be alright, but would be very difficult to balance for both PvE and PvP simultaneously.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭

I think magblades could use some help with mitigation. Major evasion is awesome, but I’m not sure if it’s enough.

Ability costs are expensive making 5x heavy sucky, and with 5x light it’s tough reaching 30k resistances like other melee classes.

Other issue is using a resto or destro staff as melee looks weird, I prefer the DW look.

I don't agree, even with a light armor build with 10kpen, 40k+ magicka, 2k spl dmg, and 22kish resistances, I get zero self heals. And that's with degen, siphoning, swallow, they all get mitigated, but more over, they all get dodged. (this build was made many patches ago with high max mag for beefy shields... was 50K max mag, it's not viable on live now ...I've tried)

Secondly I had a HA build that had basically no pen (unless I slotted Mark which was in fashion when I was first working this build, but then they nerfed the reveal), 40k magicka, 1.7k spl dmg, and 30kish resistances +minor protection and with all these "self heals" ticking away in HA you'd think it'd work great, it doesn't. (but it did for a time pre mNB gutting 2018). On live now, the total amount of all the self heals ticking away (sans vamp drain) is something like 2k (usually less because of most damage=heals are dodged/blocked...). Sure I can live about 5 secs longer in this HA, but with 80% less KBs. (and really it's the vamp drain heal+CC that works) In practice now, I just get CC'd into oblivion on account of no stam or stam regen.. but this build was designed to work many patches ago and combat was different, especially for mNB. Side Notes:
    ((probably could to switch to tristat food and sacrific approx 3-5k max magicka for one more block/roll worth of stam (still basically useless), but I gave up on magblade before I fully fleshed this out... the final straw was losing minor vitality and the DoT on healing path... and healing ward nerfs. It was a kind of "build your house" style play for magblade... very unique.... dare I say fun... I miss having unique playstyles. I miss having fun on mNB. It obviously was a brawler style meant to out live attackers, not a high KB run and gun.))
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh guys... we discussing here pvp and pve aspects of NB class, suggesting too many solutions, changing tooltips for pvp and pve changing entire skills, moving to other skill lines.... the thing is that until we dont know the real reason why ZOS decided to mess with NB we cant provide right solution for it.

But what i know for 100% is: SA should again have Major Fracture, and somehow we need minor Berserk buff back, best will be rework grim focus with minor Berserk buff, bring back fracture to SA (or move SA to assassination skill line), totally rework mark target, bring back or rework again burst healing for NB tanks, remove stun from Incap, balance and rework both Incap and Harvest, and why not rework also 1 skill for NB healers. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think major savagery would be too strong at all compared to 10 ult per kill which also works in PvE mainly trash, PvE it's useless due to savagery/bruatlity pots being used and in PvP compared to ult gen which help getting another soul harvest up for increase DPS and pressure with another application of the major defile and damage buff or secondary ultimate up. Also requiring you to stay on the bar with incap slotted to get use the savagery buff. If that is deemed too powerful getting increased crit chance then stamina resource return on kill would be fine it would mainly help with trash mobs if anything in PvE not with actual with trial boss until the boss is finally brought down in which getting resource back doesn't mean anything. In PvP I would suggest it being low just to help with sustain in a fight if you can secure the kill something like 1.5k-2.5k stamina back compared to getting 10 ult back upon kill with soul harvest slotted I think is extremely fair and slightly weaker then ult gen for a powerful ult and possibly a secondary ultimate.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Apxac
    Apxac
    ✭✭✭

We can select only a limited number of skills per panel. What will you take to heal? No healing skill is suitable for pve, this is a dot-healing, which has -50% in pvp, therefore it is extremely difficult to survive, especially in the melee zone, to which the developers are so pushing us. You need explosive healing, or at least stable and strong enough for pvp. Pathetic 300-700 per second - this ***.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apxac wrote: »

We can select only a limited number of skills per panel. What will you take to heal? No healing skill is suitable for pve, this is a dot-healing, which has -50% in pvp, therefore it is extremely difficult to survive, especially in the melee zone, to which the developers are so pushing us. You need explosive healing, or at least stable and strong enough for pvp. Pathetic 300-700 per second - this ***.

Troll king or gtfo. Dark cloak is worthless in pvp next patch. Worse than Rapid Regen- which you’ll at least get invis to help mitigate with.

I haven’t figured out how to balance it but lingering health pots would help a whole **** ton.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mainly play BGs and cyrodiil. I’m a cyrodiil healer and am interested in magblade dps just for BGs.

I’ve been thinking about troll king. Only thing I don’t like is there’s no effect until you’re in execute range. From my experience anyone under 50% health is piled on in BGs and you might as well be dead, you’re a second or two away anyways.

I’ve been thinking on it and all I can come up with is plant the shade, lotus fan into melee, aoe spam, shade out.

Most BG pvpers are DKs, Sorcs and Wardens so I’m not sure how well jumping into melee will go, or porting out with a shalks or DK leap following you out...

I’m thinking the only way to make it work is high mitigation, like 30k+ resists with 5x light armour. 5x fortified brass, 5x bright throat, 1 chudan, 1 ... whatever gives mitigation. 2x protective, 1 speed, steed mundus. If you can’t heal for more you’ll need to mitigate more.

High health recovery would also be a smart choice. Why blow skill slots on crappy healing skills like swallow soul when you can self heal passively.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 24, 2019 1:19AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    well thought I had something clever, turns out healing for 500 a tick from *** swallow isn't enough to do anything.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bazeric wrote: »
    well thought I had something clever, turns out healing for 500 a tick from *** swallow isn't enough to do anything.

Not by itself it isn’t. you need swallow ticking, rapid ticking, siphoning ticking, like 1k health regen and major vitality lingering health pots. Lololol

Honestly working on that build tho...
    Edited by Insco851 on April 24, 2019 3:25AM