The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Dubious Cameron Throne & Witch Mother’s Brew nerf

• devildog13_93
    devildog13_93
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo the changes to gold food are trash...

If the 15% loss is applied to gold food

Starting 3724 health, 3458 resource

Ending 3165.4 health, 2939.3 resource

Purple food 10%

starting 3511 health 3192 resource

Ending 3159.9 health 2872.8 resource.

Main difference will be health recovery
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is how the zombie apocalypse begins.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already erased it from my hard drive a month ago and no plans on coming back B) but I still roam in this forum just to see how Zenimax destroys their game with each patch :D literally at this point it is pure entertainment (the forums atleast bc the game is not) every day people crying about Nerf's and changes lol but how many of you are going to sit here cry and complain to then turn around and buy their newest nerf on demand lol. Until you learn not to feed the beast and let it starve then it will listen... But until then just make room for more Nerf's...but seriously If you don't agree don't buy it don't feed them or give them anymore power, once their sales are in the gutter and investors are angry then this will become a better game because they will please us instead of us pleasing them.
    Edited by Arkangeloski on April 16, 2019 4:38PM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Edit: Wasn't constructive.

Certain consumables were extremely stat dense, now they are more in line with other consumables.
    Edited by Glory on April 16, 2019 4:50PM
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Nobody asked for this nerf, LOL. Classic ZOS.

Nobody?

A certain class rep has been harping about nerfing these foods for the past 6 months.

Whom? Curious to whom too hate you see.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5976991/#Comment_5976991
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Edit: Wasn't constructive.

Certain consumables were extremely stat dense, now they are more in line with other consumables.

...right. Only one costs a few dozen gold to make, and the other one will run you 5k gold apiece. I can't shake the feeling that something's fishy about whole that in-line-with-other-consumables thing, wonder what would that be. ^^
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerfing something that's so good it's practically mandatory is understandable. And those foods have an extra advantage of scaling to any level (not really relevant for the gold stuff, since nobody would waste it like that).

I'm far from unaffected, since I just golded my bright-throat jewelry, which makes me committed to Witchmother's Potent Brew or other drinks. This reverses some of the buff I got from the champion point changes in Wrathstone (which made 5-piece bonuses, food, and mundus receive the 20% bonus from CP).

Double Bloody Mara is still an option, which just got a little more attractive. I don't see any stamina drink substitute for Bone Pirate users though, unless Elsweyr's adding some (haven't looked too deeply).

The part I find unreasonable is that the hyper-expensive gold food was nerfed harder than the cheap purple stuff. There's little/no reason to craft the most expensive food now. I wasn't even using it.
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eldartar wrote: »
    Adapt and Overcome, there is always a way instead of whining about it.

Why we must adapt to be more weak each time? Do you guys have some other planet logic? I wonder how many of you want to adapt for decreasing your salary for example. ??? ADAPT!!11

Salaries? We are talking about a GAME ffs! You play the cards you are dealt with, you find an alternative method to claw back what you have lost or you cry at how badly you have been treated and quit.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adapt and Overcome, there is always a way instead of whining about it.

Why we must adapt to be more weak each time? Do you guys have some other planet logic? I wonder how many of you want to adapt for decreasing your salary for example. ??? ADAPT!!11

Salaries? We are talking about a GAME ffs! You play the cards you are dealt with, you find an alternative method to claw back what you have lost or you cry at how badly you have been treated and quit.

I think this change should be reverted. If anything, I always thought purple food and drinks should provide MORE base stats to be in balance considering their purple rarity level.

But the mentioning of devs working for their salary is laughable. They already adapt to low salaries. Game devs notoriously make low salaries for the very long hours they put in. It is a labor of love. However much we might disagree with certain changes, they are not made because the devs don't care and are 9-5ing it. They do care, or they would be doing something more lucrative with their skills.
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭

Nobody?

A certain class rep has been harping about nerfing these foods for the past 6 months.

No wonder. They want to kill the game. We need to shut down it.

Which ever one it was is a total fuckstick.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a 12% nerf, not 50% and the Recovery portion isn’t touched. Chill out.

It won’t make any noticeable difference in PvP and in PvE it was likely done because thanks to the previous Race changes that went from percentages to a flat amount of bonus health it made it possible to hit the health requirement for PvE content with the drinks and get that big bonus to Recovery. There isn’t much point in running the slightly higher max stat blue food then because the extra recovery helps DPS more.

All this likely does is revert the status quo to where it was before the recent Race changes when it comes to choosing the purple drinks vs blue food.
    Edited by Twohothardware on April 16, 2019 6:07PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It won’t make any noticeable difference in PvP and in PvE it was likely done because thanks to the previous Race changes that went from percentages to a flat amount of bonus health it made it possible to hit the health requirement for PvE content with the drinks and get that big bonus to Recovery. There isn’t much point in running the slightly higher max stat blue food then because the extra recovery helps DPS more.

All this likely does is revert the status quo to where it was before the recent Race changes when it comes to choosing the purple drinks vs blue food.

Then change the perfect roe ingredient to frozen miriam in gold food. Nobody will run 4k gold per unit food if it won't be better than 40 gold per piece food.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Then change the perfect roe ingredient to frozen miriam in gold food. Nobody will run 4k gold per unit food if it won't be better than 40 gold per piece food.

Nobody was running gold food before anyway. Outside of the three or four people who will post here saying they did. They need to come up with other buffs for gold food besides flat stat bonuses.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Twohothardware
    That's funny been watching Alcast stream for a few hours with over 3500 current viewers and several people, not "three or four" people were discussing the gold foods and if it will be worth them to continue to run it. Even Alcast runs Gold food as well as most of his builds list them to run. Make sure you have your numbers right before making claims that only three or four people use Gold food.
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on April 16, 2019 6:54PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another nerf to sustain is worst,

ZOS taking ESO sustain in weird direction!
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve lost c.230 magicka and health. 100% this isn’t going to make or break my build.

Agree it’s a strange nerf to throw in but it’s not that impactful.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    It's just a loss of ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

Witchmother's gives 3191 health and magicka. A 12% decrease is about 393 of each stat. That is base. You will further lose stat based on attribute multipliers, such as undaunted, mage's guild, and cp passives. This is a rather substantial nerf.

@Parrot1986 As someone else pointed out there are others things to consider in this nerf to purple and gold foods.
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on April 16, 2019 7:08PM
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »

Nobody?

Whom? Curious to whom too hate you see.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5976991/#Comment_5976991
    Expected lol.
  • susniand
    susniand
    ✭✭
    and now it will be MORE LESS? FOR WHAT?

wtf is wrong with you?
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    I’ve lost c.230 magicka and health. 100% this isn’t going to make or break my build.

Agree it’s a strange nerf to throw in but it’s not that impactful.

This is probably a bug. The current PTS patch does not match what is in the patch notes.

Also, do we get to vote on class reps at any point? If this is something that came about as a result of a class rep, I have serious concerns about our representation. People will often disagree on things, some decisions will be controversial, but this one is just unambiguously bad.
    Edited by Pevey on April 16, 2019 8:08PM
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They want to nerf purple and gold food, that's fine (not really) But make the ingredients cheaper, like blue food. Clockwork is expensive, what's the point of spending time fishing, or buying roe for something that is just okay?
    Edited by AuraNebula on April 16, 2019 8:53PM
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hkn2cix34e1t.jpg
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Twohothardware
    That's funny been watching Alcast stream for a few hours with over 3500 current viewers and several people, not "three or four" people were discussing the gold foods and if it will be worth them to continue to run it. Even Alcast runs Gold food as well as most of his builds list them to run. Make sure you have your numbers right before making claims that only three or four people use Gold food.

Alcast is a streamer with infinite gold. Him and and a handful of min maxers is exactly what I meant by the representation of 3 or 4 people would chime in here about how they run it all the time.

The difference between Artaeum Takeaway Broth and Dubious Cameron Throne is 532 health, 266 stamina, and 351 health recovery and it costs like 4K per serving. The vast majority of the ESO player base is not running gold food. Ever.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Twohothardware

Alcast is a streamer with infinite gold. Him and and a handful of min maxers is exactly what I meant by the representation of 3 or 4 people would chime in here about how they run it all the time.

The difference between Artaeum Takeaway Broth and Dubious Cameron Throne is 532 health, 266 stamina, and 351 health recovery and it costs like 4K per serving. The vast majority of the ESO player base is not running gold food. Ever.

So a food/drink that few people are using (mostly due to rarity/price) is now even less likely to be used?

I mean, come on, who cares how many people run it? It's gold, it's expensive and therefore should be the best. It's used by players who completing the toughest content in the game, which is naturally few players given the casual/single player nature of the player base.

Of course all min-maxers will continue to use it if it's still the best despite the nerf, but it seems like a silly change.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already don't use them, because blue food works nicely for my characters, and they made the purple food worse? Hmmm ... well, no point in using them at all, now.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody was running gold food before anyway. Outside of the three or four people who will post here saying they did. They need to come up with other buffs for gold food besides flat stat bonuses.

Yeah, but they haven't. Instead, they narrowed the gap between purple and gold food.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truth is they never should have made any scalable food items to begin with because they are way superior to level-limited foods. But they did, that cat is out of the bag, the barn door is open. It's too late to try to "fix" this now, just don't make any more new scalable foods. Nerfing the current ones won't stop everyone from choosing them though because they are still superior. This is pointless and won't achieve their goal of prompting us to choose other foods.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susniand wrote: »
    and now it will be MORE LESS? FOR WHAT?

wtf is wrong with you?

Enjoy nerfs and adapt, be slave.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can almost guarantee this change occurred because of racial interactions. Races like Breton, Argonian and Redguard were non-competitive because Gold Food essentially invalidated them. Now, this change doesn't validate them, but it does make them more attractive. Races that had zero reason to run Gold Food in PVE now have a distinct stat advantage over those that do have a reason to run it - more max HP and deeper stats.

Much needed nerf IMO.
    Edited by usmcjdking on April 17, 2019 4:49PM
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you’ll need to swap in a few HAs for sustain - the way the devs always intended.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯