The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Dubious Cameron Throne & Witch Mother’s Brew nerf

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their reasoning was because other foods/drinks didn't look as appealing, so they nerfed the top picks. What I'm wondering is why didn't they just buff the crappy ones, like increase their stats or give them unique bonuses.
    Lazy move as always ZOS. Just remove some numbers and call it a day as usual.
    Options
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    And so on. Why the hell nerf max health and stamina?
    We have bad sustain with blue food both pve/pvp on the most classes, what is the point, logic, when this nerf machine will finally kill the game?
    Buff other aspects, fix them, find alternative, give other options BUT YOU JUST NERF AND NERF GG NICE JOB.

Nerfing two food items will kill the game?

I also love the ‘finally’, as though it is in its dying days and not at its commercial peak.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Their reasoning was because other foods/drinks didn't look as appealing, so they nerfed the top picks. What I'm wondering is why didn't they just buff the crappy ones, like increase their stats or give them unique bonuses.
    Lazy move as always ZOS. Just remove some numbers and call it a day as usual.
    Reason was because some known PvErs where unhappy how those consumables bit better(and thus bis in PvE) than other types. So zos agreed to nerf it strictly coz PvE reasons, completely ignoring it's already equal usefulness in noCP PvP while
    being overshadowed on CP PvP (coz addition of consumables scaling) by tristat consumables.
    Edited by Cinbri on April 16, 2019 9:49AM
    Options
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will only lose 380 hp so its nothing after when they buffed cp by 20%. On ma Sorc now i have 15,6k hp and after "nerfs" I will have 15,3k what is still better before buffs cp where I had only 15,1k hp

If u still have problem with that just run 1 health enchant on small pieces u will have same value.
    Edited by DarkPicture on April 16, 2019 10:57AM
    Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    You will only lose 380 hp so its nothing after when they buffed cp by 20%. On ma Sorc now i have 15,6k hp and after "nerfs" I will have 15,3k what is still better before buffs cp where I had only 15,1k hp

If u still have problem with that just run 1 health enchant on small pieces u will have same value.

LOL. LIke if it's not so ,much hurt change. why did they do it??? LOGIC IS MISSING.
    Edited by ruikkarikun on April 16, 2019 11:34AM
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO BLUE OR GO CRY !
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If i remember corectly one of the nerf in morrowind was to force you to chose between high sustain or hight damage

Seem to me they just followup on that
    Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GO BLUE OR GO CRY !

LFG
    Options
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS just don't give a *** on your gameplay experience. It's more of "Our dev's feel happy with that" subject.
    Options
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    this nerf is due to necromancer having passive that increases hp to make it op
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costs of gold food doesn't compare to it's value even not and will make it meaningless if this goes live.
    Edited by Tasear on April 16, 2019 3:44PM
    Options
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE targetted nerf.
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I barely noticed any change in my max stats seems fine.
    Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a loss of ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

Witchmother's gives 3191 health and magicka. A 12% decrease is about 393 of each stat. That is base. You will further lose stat based on attribute multipliers, such as undaunted, mage's guild, and cp passives. This is a rather substantial nerf.

Agree.

It should have been an increase not a decrease.

ZOS screwed up Bigly on this one.
    Options
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's such an unnecessary nerf. Using ZOS own metric to gauge the value of stat boosts (--> set piece bonuses like they did for the racial rebalancing), the tri stat food gives stats equal to 11.2 set piece bonuses, while dubious camoran throne or witchmother's potent brew only give stats equal to 8.0 set piece bonuses. Blue food like lava foot soup-and-saltrice on the other hand already give 7.7 set piece bonuses, which is super close to dubious/witchmother's. Why ZOS suddenly thinks that purple food shouldn't give a little bit more stats than blue is beyond me and I really hope they revert this change. It's simply illogical.
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I barely noticed any change in my max stats seems fine.

It’s currently bugged and is only ~5% less and not 15% as it should be
    Edited by DPShiro on April 16, 2019 12:47PM
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So... blue food and some resource glyphs are in store for some people... I'm all about just dealing and adapting to changes but this one was a little surprising.
    Edited by Odovacar on April 16, 2019 1:15PM
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be switching to Max Health and Max Resource recovery food. 5K health and 500 mag or stam recovery will go a long way and make up for not have 3K extra mag or stam.
    Options
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone actually ask for this or is this just a totally random thing?
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real reason for this is propably that RACE change token sales were not good enough.

Now they trying to force people to buy them.... Actually would bet that this is the reason for this nerf.

The sustains have mostly been horrible longtime and this just adds to that.

This change was not needed and if the reason was cash grab again than shame on you ZOS.
    Options
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I've never managed to acquire the witchmother's potent brew recipe I guess I just won't notice this. I just got the DCT recipe but have never used it due to running a mag main. Even so, nerfing food just seems stupid. I know some guy at ZoS plugged some numbers into a spreadsheet that made it make sense to them. Now we have to live with it, whether we like it or not. -Sigh-

Making changes based on metrics that look good on paper so the dev can appear to be doing his job (instead of sitting around looking at Facebook all day). Thanks ZoS. We love you too.
    Options
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    I have to think this is part of a larger tweak to stats, buffs, skills, etc, but really ZoS, nerfing food? LOL, here comes BiS Crown Store Food.

This is a buff if you are not leveled in Provisioning tho
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
    Options
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adapt and Overcome, there is always a way instead of whining about it.
    Options
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldartar wrote: »

That's funny we could say the same thing about all the pvp cryhards that cause these nerfs.
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody asked for this nerf, LOL. Classic ZOS.

Nobody?

A certain class rep has been harping about nerfing these foods for the past 6 months.
    Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldartar wrote: »

Why we must adapt to be more weak each time? Do you guys have some other planet logic? I wonder how many of you want to adapt for decreasing your salary for example. ??? ADAPT!!11
    Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

Nobody?

A certain class rep has been harping about nerfing these foods for the past 6 months.

No wonder. They want to kill the game. We need to shut down it.
    Options
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

Nobody?

Whom? Curious to whom too hate you see.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it’s an attempt to push the new sustain set, False Gods, from Sunspire. If blue bistat food becomes the meta, we will all need other sources of sustain. Breton and Redguard will be largely unaffected, but Orc, Altmer and Dunmer will need to compensate with either set bonuses or jewelry glyphs. Is it too conspiracy theorist of me to say that the nonsensical food change will sell more race change tokens and more copies of Elsweyr?
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have zero problem with this adjustment/nerf, but it seems super odd.

Such a trivial thing to "fix," but whatever. It's hardly a sky-is-falling moment, imo.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options