The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dubious Cameron Throne & Witch Mother’s Brew nerf

ruikkarikun
ruikkarikun
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno
And so on. Why the hell nerf max health and stamina?
We have bad sustain with blue food both pve/pvp on the most classes, what is the point, logic, when this nerf machine will finally kill the game?
Buff other aspects, fix them, find alternative, give other options BUT YOU JUST NERF AND NERF GG NICE JOB.
Edited by ruikkarikun on April 16, 2019 2:04AM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    deep breaths buddy, it'll be ok. It won't kill the game, just chill.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

15k hp in pve with undaunted and health glyph, and now it will be MORE LESS? FOR WHAT?
    WHy I should LOOSE and my char must becaem LESS POWERFUL AFTER YEARS OF GRINDING?
    This logic means only "KILLING THA GAME" for me.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Why we should adapt by making our chars LESS POWERFUL after all hours of grind and playing? In which universe game design team lives? Give me advice where can I get such education of game design so I can nerf and make all things WEAKER and all ppl will pay crowns to me? Goal of life imo. GG WP.
    Edited by ruikkarikun on April 16, 2019 2:13AM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would they nerf the sustain foods? I already dont use them because they have too low health/stamina.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it really makes no sense since they already give so little resources
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody asked for this nerf, LOL. Classic ZOS.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    We have bad sustain with blue food both pve/pvp on the most classes, what is the point, logic, when this nerf machine will finally kill the game?
    Buff other aspects, fix them, find alternative, give other options BUT YOU JUST NERF AND NERF GG NICE JOB.

Agree totally and also here is the link to someone else who has made a post earlier on the subject.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/468835/food-change-is-unnecessary-and-pointless#latest
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a loss of ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 16, 2019 3:22AM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

15k hp in pve with undaunted and health glyph, and now it will be MORE LESS? FOR WHAT?
    WHy I should LOOSE and my char must becaem LESS POWERFUL AFTER YEARS OF GRINDING?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Why we should adapt by making our chars LESS POWERFUL after all hours of grind and playing? In which universe game design team lives? Give me advice where can I get such education of game design so I can nerf and make all things WEAKER and all ppl will pay crowns to me? Goal of life imo. GG WP.

Put a health glyph on and chill.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Put a health glyph on and chill.

So if a player just puts a health glyph on and chill, what will they be giving up? Oh let's see, they might be giving up stamina or magicka and with the "Reduced the Max Health and Max Resource (Stamina or Magicka)" seems they are still loosing out. Your logic doesn't make sense. SMH.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just another weird little change that we'll adapt to.

Apparently they did it because food options were restricted. Well gee, guess I'll start using that level 34 purple drink recipe now.

Let's all pretend that people won't continue using the same bloody food buffs but change one glyph, and give ZOS a round of applause for their expert balancing work.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭

Witchmother's gives 3191 health and magicka. A 12% decrease is about 393 of each stat. That is base. You will further lose stat based on attribute multipliers, such as undaunted, mage's guild, and cp passives. This is a rather substantial nerf.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Witchmother's gives 3191 health and magicka. A 12% decrease is about 393 of each stat. That is base. You will further lose stat based on attribute multipliers, such as undaunted, mage's guild, and cp passives. This is a rather substantial nerf.

Agreed, it's a weird nerf that came out of nowhere. If this is ZOS' way of trying to get people to use other food it was not a good move.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, I'll accept it for what it is, which is an attempt to combat power creep.

You're either forced to use Blue Food and Heavy Attack more for sustain purposes, or you deal with the nerfed Purple/Gold Food and find health from an alternative source. Either way, DPS numbers go down and power creep is circumvented. You don't have to like the change but that's sort of what happens when a company avoids balancing their game in a timely fashion for so long. It requires heavy handed nerfs to undo the damage of years of neglect and we just have to either deal with it or move on to greener pastures.
    Argonian forever
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Agreed, it's a weird nerf that came out of nowhere. If this is ZOS' way of trying to get people to use other food it was not a good move.

This change was probably accounted by devs when they balanced racials. Races which relied on camorane/ATB in PVE were slightly forward to blue food ones and imperials with their lava foot soup. Now they all more or less equal. In PVP it's simply nerf to everybody, other then hybrids with tri-stat food. Hybrids are certainly not OP, so nothing bad in it overall.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm convinced that some of the changes like this and some of the combat changes are so that folks like me can't solo as much content as I currently do with only crafted gear and/or overland drops.

Edit: and just running a single bar
    Edited by Casdha on April 16, 2019 5:19AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid change. Especially when it goes to golden food. What's the point of using golden food that costs 100x more to craft than common blue food and gives the same amount of stats but distribited differently?

ZOS and narrow vision nerfs not taking into consideration economics etc. this is one of the stupidest things in these patch.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really don’t understand the food nerfs. I didn’t see anyone here on the forums complained they were OP’d, so here we go with another sustain nerf that nobody asked for. Care to explain? @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_BrianWheeler , @ZOS_Gilliam ?
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree it’s a bit f a left field nerf but I’m guessing it’s after reviewing the impact of the buff foods and drinks received in Wrathstone meaning we ended up with higher health and max stat pools.

I haven’t been on pts yet but I’m guessing this nerf will bring us back down to pre-wrathstone amounts.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That 200 difference is huge in pvp.
    HUGE!

Really don't understand why they would nerf it.
    They literally broke ALL my builds with this change.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That 200 difference is huge in pvp.
    HUGE!

Really don't understand why they would nerf it.
    They literally broke ALL my builds with this change.

Got to win the award for over reaction of the day.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never used these two food even before. The total stats they add is just inferior to trifood. What I always did was to use trifood and get my recovery from somewhere else.

What they were are convenience food, giving you necessary raw stats and recovery on a single package, but with a lower values.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're hell-bent on making sure that there's a warden in group in some form or fashion for Toughness lol.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    I never used these two food even before. The total stats they add is just inferior to trifood. What I always did was to use trifood and get my recovery from somewhere else.

What they were are convenience food, giving you necessary raw stats and recovery on a single package, but with a lower values.

Yes because 5k per meal is convenient. I mean I can easily make 10k tri stat meals but 0 gold meals right now, so it is really convenient to have to go shop/farm all the time.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're hell-bent on making sure that there's a warden in group in some form or fashion for Toughness lol.

Yeah but nobody is taking that dps hit by bringing a Magden. They’re not going to get that desperate.
  • Elhan
    Elhan
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

plz stop, dps increase each patch...where is the nerf?

regen food are obviously best in slot for pve, loosing a little max stat for great extra regen vs blue food

now we have trade off, extra regen but not enough hp for trial, need put some glyph and loose max stat again.

it's also a buff for regen race (breton, bosmer, redguard)

plz change 1 glyph and stop cry for everything
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess sustain races will be back as BiS again, time for redguard, Bosmer and Breton Meta
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stupid and unnecessary change
  • chetter_hummin
    chetter_hummin
    ✭✭✭
    *grabs popcorn* *crying over aprox 300 health and stam intensifies*
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭

oh really?!?!?!?!!? didnt know that thank you for information!
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not in end game guild , ZOS , can you stop the freaking meaningless nerfing ?