The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Revert Faction Locks. We've Been Through This Already

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile in PC NA: EP, on the most the most popular server that is the 30 day CP, now has all 6 scrolls and there's nothing any balance players can do since most of us home EP.

Faction lock has started with a bang. GG guys!
    Sure, and that is because of Faction Lock, not the bug with the new Daedric Artifact, right?

That's probably the best excuse you've made for faction lock yet...

*adding* Give us a broken weapon no one asked for. True balance right there
    Edited by ellahellabella on May 21, 2019 6:40PM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I somehow double posted... >.<
    Edited by ellahellabella on May 21, 2019 6:51PM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »
    Miriel wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Thats not my problem, again alot of people DONT want to play with faction hopping... ZOS fixes this... and no your not forced to do anything, you can play with likeminded on the servers that dosent have faction locks...

To give you a example this is your reasoning, i want to pvp, but i have no peopel to pvp with, so lets force all pve peopel to pvp also ?... do you understand that people have difren preference off play ?

wut?

If I read the above correctly, my problem is I am spoilt for choice for people to play with.
    I hav a preference, like alot of other people, we dont wat to play with faction hoppers, now what you do, is entirly up to you, you will have campaigns where you can faction hop inside, and what you do there i dont care...

Don't hate me because I have friends in different factions. Blame god for making me so damn lovable.

Given the lack of population (and this applies to off peak only, so large chunks of the world), I ask this hypothetical. When critical mass happens, and the map is painted, at that point you're either gating or gated, it doesn't matter, what are you going to do for PvP?

Again, don't suggest Shor. Or Sotha. They're PvDoor.

Thats still not my problem... you have a preference of play, deal with it, dont force others...

Why don't you take a dose of your own advice.

The hypocrisy is so real
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    MipMip wrote: »
    If people want to play with friends, wouldn't an unlocked campaign suffice? Locking campaigns should make it more competitive. I believe one should stick to their team/alliance, without flipping for any reason.

ZoS needs to add a 7 day noCP campaign for the population that wants an unlocked noCP campaign.

@BlackMadara an alliance is not a team by any definition that I know - it is a large mass of players most of whom do not know each other. Locking the factions doesn't make PvP more competitive but rather the contrary as it prevents groups / raids from going where the best fights can be had (usually on the underdog side)

An alliance is greater than a team. It is a collection of teams all fighting for a common goal under one banner. Some of these teams will never see or know each other as you point out, and yet they still fight for the same thing. Their actions impact each other even if they are never side by side on the battlefield. This is what makes AvAvA so much more grand than small scale team based pvp. It overarches it.

Yes this is only a game, but it is a game about a war, the 3 banner war. Faction hopping allows individuals, and small groups of individuals to throw that whole concept of the war under the bus so that they can pursue their own small skirmishes wherever and whenever they want. Cyrodiil is not small scale pvp it is large scale pvp across all time zones. It allows for small scale pvp but should not cater to it. The more it caters to it the more it undermines its large scale tenets. Faction locking is the first great step to making Cyrodiil a meaningful large scale AvAvA experience.

Meanwhile in PC NA: EP, on the most the most popular server that is the 30 day CP, now has all 6 scrolls and there's nothing any balance players can do since most of us home EP.

Sarcasm aside, hopefully balance can be made but I don't see that happening easy with month locks. Maybe if flexibility presents itself which most us old players agreed would be best if we would actually be heard...

***Edited to remove confusion. Before you ask, (and it was in the post before), we couldn't find it in any of us to leave EP.

To be fair, the map was painted red last night thanks in part to Volendrung. Whichever faction is lucky enough to pick it up is going to be hard to stop overnight. It's too early to tell but I believe it has no small part to play in what happened.

Dude, you back doored (or pvdoored) with an artifact that you probably read on the forums was powerful. you can't back down from this now...

I stopped but everyone told me to break the door down so I did it.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to answer zos is to gate both alliances until the campaign turns into a buff campaign. Which it eventually does anyways, once one alliance gets a good footing it’s usually the end of the campaign.

Can expect 30 days of gating and after it’s over people will switch to the other side showing faction locks don’t belong. Because if people have to switch there’s obviously a problem.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thats not my problem, again alot of people DONT want to play with faction hopping... ZOS fixes this... and no your not forced to do anything, you can play with likeminded on the servers that dosent have faction locks...

To give you a example this is your reasoning, i want to pvp, but i have no peopel to pvp with, so lets force all pve peopel to pvp also ?... do you understand that people have difren preference off play ?

wut?

If I read the above correctly, my problem is I am spoilt for choice for people to play with.
    I hav a preference, like alot of other people, we dont wat to play with faction hoppers, now what you do, is entirly up to you, you will have campaigns where you can faction hop inside, and what you do there i dont care...

Don't hate me because I have friends in different factions. Blame god for making me so damn lovable.

Given the lack of population (and this applies to off peak only, so large chunks of the world), I ask this hypothetical. When critical mass happens, and the map is painted, at that point you're either gating or gated, it doesn't matter, what are you going to do for PvP?

Thats still not my problem... you have a preference of play, deal with it, dont force others...

The hypocrisy is so real
    If people want to play with friends, wouldn't an unlocked campaign suffice? Locking campaigns should make it more competitive. I believe one should stick to their team/alliance, without flipping for any reason.

ZoS needs to add a 7 day noCP campaign for the population that wants an unlocked noCP campaign.

@BlackMadara an alliance is not a team by any definition that I know - it is a large mass of players most of whom do not know each other. Locking the factions doesn't make PvP more competitive but rather the contrary as it prevents groups / raids from going where the best fights can be had (usually on the underdog side)

An alliance is greater than a team. It is a collection of teams all fighting for a common goal under one banner. Some of these teams will never see or know each other as you point out, and yet they still fight for the same thing. Their actions impact each other even if they are never side by side on the battlefield. This is what makes AvAvA so much more grand than small scale team based pvp. It overarches it.

Yes this is only a game, but it is a game about a war, the 3 banner war. Faction hopping allows individuals, and small groups of individuals to throw that whole concept of the war under the bus so that they can pursue their own small skirmishes wherever and whenever they want. Cyrodiil is not small scale pvp it is large scale pvp across all time zones. It allows for small scale pvp but should not cater to it. The more it caters to it the more it undermines its large scale tenets. Faction locking is the first great step to making Cyrodiil a meaningful large scale AvAvA experience.

Sarcasm aside, hopefully balance can be made but I don't see that happening easy with month locks. Maybe if flexibility presents itself which most us old players agreed would be best if we would actually be heard...

***Edited to remove confusion. Before you ask, (and it was in the post before), we couldn't find it in any of us to leave EP.

The best way to show that a policy is bad is to adhere to it.

Seeing the main 30 day campaign fall flat on its face as a one sided mess is something I would be happy to see, as it would be proof of what's been said over the past several weeks.

If you dont like faction lock, you have a campaign that doesnt have it...

Which is just as empty as everyone predicted due to not being a 30 day campaign, but a 7 day one like Shor was.

All my toons are EP, anyways. Faction lock does not personally affect me in any way. I have experienced it in the past, though, and know it does not work.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wut?

The hypocrisy is so real

Seeing the main 30 day campaign fall flat on its face as a one sided mess is something I would be happy to see, as it would be proof of what's been said over the past several weeks.

Which is just as empty as everyone predicted due to not being a 30 day campaign, but a 7 day one like Shor was.

All my toons are EP, anyways. Faction lock does not personally affect me in any way. I have experienced it in the past, though, and know it does not work.

You're correct that the campaign doesn't have much to offer raid groups of 6+. But for anyone who solos or runs under 4 in group, YOLO was a blast last night.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to answer zos is to gate both alliances until the campaign turns into a buff campaign.
    There is this guy in authority in this place, and the guy decides that things he doesn't like (because he didn't set them up) are bad. So this guy, he takes administrative action to weaken these things he doesn't like. And then when these things suffer the effects of his administrative actions, this guy, he says to everyone, "See how bad these things are"?

I forget his name.
    Lethal zergling
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

wut?

The hypocrisy is so real

You're correct that the campaign doesn't have much to offer raid groups of 6+. But for anyone who solos or runs under 4 in group, YOLO was a blast last night.

And to be honest, a group the size I was in last night would've ruined everyone else's fun on Yolo, if it was just a small man only campaign. That doesn't help anyone out. It was best we stayed on a campaign with the population to support a group that size.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Deleted]
    Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on May 21, 2019 8:41PM
    Lethal zergling
    Options
  • poietin
    poietin
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    i love the faction locks. i hope it stays.
    i hated seeing one side win everything, then they all logg out and logg back into the other side and win everything back in one HUGE zerg.

I, too, hate seeing the pointless pursuit of flipping keeps. Let's just paint the map red and change Vivec NA into the EP buff camp. oh my bad, that had happened long time ago and sadly that map turned empty real quick.

Lets all reevaluate faction lock when 1 faction is constantly dominating Vivec and gate camping the other 2 factions.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So now that spais and faction hoppers can't be blamed, the Volendrung is bugged? That's the new excuse? LOL.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to answer zos is to gate both alliances until the campaign turns into a buff campaign.
    There is this guy in authority in this place, and the guy decides that things he doesn't like (because he didn't set them up) are bad. So this guy, he takes administrative action to weaken these things he doesn't like. And then when these things suffer the effects of his administrative actions, this guy, he says to everyone, "See how bad these things are"?

I forget his name.

Or they are speeding up the inevitable, while the ones that are for faction lock will make every excuse to why it should stay. Without faction lock there was already one faction that dominates more than the others. With faction locks it’ll stay like that for the entire campaign. If people have to switch after to balance it out that means faction locks don’t belong and faction pride is bs because after all people are switching.

The game has had a greater population than it has now and still people chose to gate players , that was with locks. To expect it to be any different with LESS players is just being delusional.
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now that spais and faction hoppers can't be blamed, the Volendrung is bugged? That's the new excuse? LOL.

I'm already being accused of picking up Volendrung as Emperor and pvdooring with it, lol.
    Edited by Akinos on May 21, 2019 10:00PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

I'm already being accused of picking up Volendrung as Emperor and pvdooring with it, lol.

Incredible isn't it?
    Options
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    The only good thing faction locks brought is that i can see my faction on last place with almost 2k points behind. I wish i could see those player's faces now, players who believed faction locks would make them win an useless and non rewarding campaign.
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
    Options
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People don't read patch notes where it said emperor can't hold deadric weapons gg
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • Inreality
    Inreality
    ✭✭
    I love the faction lock, I understand friendships have been formed, however reality is whether it's in a game or in real life, that one true constant is; change.

And when you start anchoring yourself to has beens, instead of moving on and seeing the good that come out of this, you're lost.

For once we will have balanced fights. Where people won't simply hop on whatever faction is winning the zergs, instead, people are locked into having to fight for the alliance they choose to fight for. Deal with it.

Friendsships in real life also come and go, so do alliances, and any form of organisation.

Love to see how this adaption to Cyrodill will shape the battleground.
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stage 1 of Grief: Denial.
    It will be some time alot of people still level their necros, and do they new content... but im hopfull, iwe even seen some old old people comming back...

I reckon you'll be one of the first at Stage 2.
    Inreality wrote: »
    I love the faction lock, I understand friendships have been formed, however reality is whether it's in a game or in real life, that one true constant is; change.

And when you start anchoring yourself to has beens, instead of moving on and seeing the good that come out of this, you're lost.

For once we will have balanced fights. Where people won't simply hop on whatever faction is winning the zergs, instead, people are locked into having to fight for the alliance they choose to fight for. Deal with it.

Friendsships in real life also come and go, so do alliances, and any form of organisation.

Inreality? Unreality.

Edited by Mr_Walker on May 22, 2019 2:23AM
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get a load of this guy lol
    Options
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

Honestly though, if a faction has emp imo they shouldn’t be able to pick it up.
    Options
  • angeleda
    angeleda
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS do exactly the opposite of what the OP says
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Friendships irl aren't restricted from hanging out with each other because "reasons."
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

Friendships irl aren't restricted from hanging out with each other because "reasons."

If you want to hang with your friends without faction locks, there is a campaign for that...
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not the one that submitted the bug reports. Merely reporting an observation.
    Lethal zergling
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you want to hang with your friends without faction locks, there is a campaign for that...

Not in the time zone I play in. As people have endlessly said.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not the one that submitted the bug reports. Merely reporting an observation.

I didn't quote you.
    Options
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

Its NA time zone, i dident know there was any other one ?, have you tried EU if their faction less works better ?
    Options
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its NA time zone, i dident know there was any other one ?, have you tried EU if their faction less works better ?

She means oceanic time zone Australians ect only 1 server has population during this time
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »

She means oceanic time zone Australians ect only 1 server has population during this time[/qu

People are free to play where they wish, i guess there is very little interest for faction less then ?
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »

She means oceanic time zone Australians ect only 1 server has population during this time[/qu

People are free to play where they wish, i guess there is very little interest for faction less then ?

Noooo, there's very little interest in playing lower populated servers, and more interest in playing on the main campaign, because of the 30 day rewards.
    Options