Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello any update on these two bugged lore:
    For my beloved ***-nakal
    Dead-water riddle fragment
    Last two I need to complete

My partner is also looking for ‘thief of virtue’

Appreciate any guidance thank you
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Hello.

A friend of mine found: Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned) in a bookshelf in Grahtwood.
    She just grabbed it and ran away, but later told me it's somewhere near Valanir's Rest World Boss, it's a small regular brown bookshelf.

Can anyone check on what kind of "pool of books" are found in open world Grahtwood, or check on the location of the bookshelf, still looking for it myself.
    85eyt187c33r.jpeg
  • steviethewitch
    steviethewitch
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you guys so much for these threads, they've helped me track down so many books. There's two I'm still searching for, the skill books:

Achieving Harmony with Death

Benevolent Necromancy, It Exists

does anyone know where either of these are?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »
    Hello.

A friend of mine found: Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned) in a bookshelf in Grahtwood.
    She just grabbed it and ran away, but later told me it's somewhere near Valanir's Rest World Boss, it's a small regular brown bookshelf.

Can anyone check on what kind of "pool of books" are found in open world Grahtwood, or check on the location of the bookshelf, still looking for it myself.
    85eyt187c33r.jpeg

Thank you for this! I will look into that pool as soon as I have time.
    Thank you guys so much for these threads, they've helped me track down so many books. There's two I'm still searching for, the skill books:

Achieving Harmony with Death

Benevolent Necromancy, It Exists

does anyone know where either of these are?

I answered in the other thread as well, but these are randomly found in bookshelves. I had good luck finding them in Elsweyr, especially Southern.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello.

thta would be absolute crazy, but i dont really believe it, since this was bugged for years now. Maybe she just made a fun or trolled you.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    Hello.

thta would be absolute crazy, but i dont really believe it, since this was bugged for years now. Maybe she just made a fun or trolled you.

I'd trust this person with my life and we take this game seriously, so it's in the best for both of us to grab the book, get achievements and work as a team.

If it were anyone else, I'd take it as a joke.

Lets hope it exist in the pool of books and we can all grab it, have been a pain for a long time
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello.

I'd trust this person with my life and we take this game seriously, so it's in the best for both of us to grab the book, get achievements and work as a team.

If it were anyone else, I'd take it as a joke.

Lets hope it exist in the pool of books and we can all grab it, have been a pain for a long time

well, i would be happy if you are rght... *smile.... but still... yeah.... lets us know if you find it ;)
  • Kolominas
    Kolominas
    hey fellow book-hunter - at the moment only these remaining - correct me if I am wrong and any tips are welcome

- Pearl research notes, Log 3 (not available after quest)
    - Folly of Man (possibly not available after the quest?)
    - For my beloved Kud Nakal (not available after quest)
    - Tome of the Undaunted (might not exist?)
    - Boethiahs Call of Champions (searched DSA up and down - cant find it)
    Edited by Kolominas on December 23, 2019 11:00AM
  • OtisMiller
    OtisMiller
    ✭✭✭
    The Battle of Red Mountain, Part 1. Says bookshelves in Deshaan, Grahtwood, Stormhaven, AND Tamriel. Does this mean that any bookshelf may have it? Or do I have to stick to the three zones listed? Any idea where the best place to get this one? It's the last non-IC bookshelf book I need. Thanks
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of a place with many bookshelves? :)

I'm missing some books that are found in bookshelves but I've already done all quests with my main so I don't come across many bookshelves any more.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoupDragon wrote: »

I'm missing some books that are found in bookshelves but I've already done all quests with my main so I don't come across many bookshelves any more.

Seekers archive in carglorn. :) i think i found some new elsweyr books there as well. i always go there if i miss some new bookshelve-books.
    Also mage guilds everywhere.

i think the books in bookshelves change from time to time (someone knows the exact rotation time?). So you can check the same bookshelves over and over again (maybe once a day).
    Edited by tim99 on January 2, 2020 1:34PM
  • KnavesPromise
    KnavesPromise
    Soul Shriven
    Hi! I am looking for "List of Names". I know it in inventory during quest but after quest, is it available? I know it wasn't at some point but has this been fixed? I cannot find any info regarding it.
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    SoupDragon wrote: »

Seekers archive in carglorn. :) i think i found some new elsweyr books there as well. i always go there if i miss some new bookshelve-books.
    Also mage guilds everywhere.

i think the books in bookshelves change from time to time (someone knows the exact rotation time?). So you can check the same bookshelves over and over again (maybe once a day).

Thank you so much ^^
  • Ch3mical_92
    Ch3mical_92
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still missing four books:

-> "These damned cats" (from military Orders), found in Arenthia in Reapers March. Located inside a house in a questarea. It's possible to access the questarea with a friend, but it is impossible to enter the house. Is there any chance to grab it after the quest? I've searched Arenthia afterwards but I haven't found a second spawnpoint for the book after the quest.

-> The usual suspects "For my beloved Kud-Nakal", "Deathwater Riddlefragment" and the unsigned tome

• aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Kolominas wrote: »
    - Boethiahs Call of Champions (searched DSA up and down - cant find it)
    It's in the very last room, after you beat the final boss, as I recall. Before you teleport out.

Edited by aishsha on January 17, 2020 3:11PM
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still missing four books:

-> "These damned cats" (from military Orders), found in Arenthia in Reapers March. Located inside a house in a quest area. It's possible to access the quest area with a friend, but it is impossible to enter the house. Is there any chance to grab it after the quest? I've searched Arenthia afterward but I haven't found a second spawn point for the book after the quest.

-> The usual suspects "For my beloved Kud-Nakal", "Deathwater Riddlefragment" and the unsigned tome

@Ch3mical_92
    I just found a copy of These Damned Cats on the platform with the speaker-khajiit projection east of the Arenthia inn. Should help you there.

Regarding Kud-Nakal and Deathwater, there've been no changes, but might be when PTS goes up on Monday. (Please let there be fixes when PTS goes up on Monday.)

I know that up above @TrofoHawk , @tim99 , and @virtus753 were talking about the Unsigned Tome possibly being in bookcases in the 3 capital zones, but I'm not sure if there's been any update or success there. The fact that no one's come dashing back in shouting it from the rooftops makes me more than a little skeptical. But maybe that's just something I'd do.

Other books to remember in the leadup to this PTS cycle are the Sealed Letter that started the prologue for the last update (no post-quest location has been found and some have reported bugs with it), A Job Offer/Southern Elsweyr Needs You, Unsent Letter, and any other books in Southern Elsweyr that exist in the world but lack library entries (I've not fully completed Southern Elsweyr yet, so I don't have the full list).

Along with Folly of Man and the other books already mentioned....
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Kud-Nakal and Deathwater, there've been no changes, but might be when PTS goes up on Monday. (Please let there be fixes when PTS goes up on Monday.)

Other books to remember in the leadup to this PTS cycle are the Sealed Letter that started the prologue for the last update (no post-quest location has been found and some have reported bugs with it), A Job Offer/Southern Elsweyr Needs You, Unsent Letter, and any other books in Southern Elsweyr that exist in the world but lack library entries (I've not fully completed Southern Elsweyr yet, so I don't have the full list).

Tomb of Ja'darri -- during the mainquestline, location otherwise inaccessible
    Job Offer -- in Senchal, on a wall close to quest givers
    Unsent Letter -- in the Fortress delve, on the desk on right further side in the first library room
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apologies for the long delay. I couldn’t even find a bookcase at all near that world boss in Grahtwood, so I’ve been trying to test both the shelves within the “Elden Root” map (which includes the Altmer Embassy as well as the treehouses and the crafting area/Mages Guild in the big tree) and the shelves I can find in Grahtwood more generally.

From what I can see, the pool from which the “Elden Root” maps draw is the same as the pool found in Grahtwood delves (and other delve-like places like Reliquary of Stars - a bibliophile heaven). What I don’t know is whether the Tome of the Undaunted is restricted to the city maps specifically (Elden Root/Wayrest/Mournhold), as the viewer log shows only the cities themselves as opposed to their larger regions. But the log viewer seems not to have *any* new entries since I first looked at it the year before last, so there is very limited data. Are there no entries from Grahtwood/Stormhaven/Deshaan and their delves because the book can’t show up there or because no one who found it had the data uploaded to the log viewer? Without more data it’s impossible to know.

(I should note that there are some very edges of Elden Root that surround the tree, so theoretically it’s possible an open world bookshelf could exist outside the tree but within a map named “Elden Root.” That just adds to my confusion.)

If anyone can help me locate the spot specified by the following coordinates, that would be great: Elden Root 0.807, 1.498. I’m still getting used to using coordinates (not easy in gamepad mode), but from what I understand neither coordinate is meant to go past 1.0, so I’m a little lost with that one. Not to mention “Elden Root” has 5 or more levels of map to it. It’s probably not going to provide a breakthrough, but it’s been bothering me for ages.

As a side note, I’ve been chasing Elden Root shelves because AD alliance is best alliance. Ahem, I mean Elden Root has a variety of locations in the log viewer in addition to the tome pedestal, whereas Wayrest and Mournhold are only represented by the location of the tome pedestals in their respective Enclaves, which we know no longer work.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @virtus753 : Thanks for the shoutout about the Reliquary of the Stars! There are a lot of bookcases there to check (nearly more than I was finding in Ne Salas, Wormroot Depths, and the Elden Root Mage's Guild combined, in fact). I've been searching there and in the Mage's Guild, along with a run through Wayrest and Mournhold (chiefly the mage's guild, the couple bookshelves in the room with the bank, and a quick round of the Tribunal Temple). All told, I probably tagged close to 100 books between two runs yesterday with no joy. Granted, as we should probably know from frustrating runs through the Imperial City, that's often not enough to find a book in the pool.

Everything I've seen in book runs suggests that the bookshelf pools either don't or can't distinguish between bookshelves in the cities and bookshelves in other parts of the zone. Yes, there's a different, more zoomed-in map for them, but the bookshelves don't care about that, any more than they care about if the bookshelf is found in a delve or not. For that matter, unless the bookshelf is specifically coded to only give one book (in which case the bookshelf typically has that book's name on interact, as it does with the books in the top floor of the menagerie area in Summerset or one of the quest books in the Dragonhold prologue that you can find in the bookshelf above the stable), the pool isn't static, so you might not even be able to find that book if you found the same exact bookcase being referenced. Regarding the other question ("Is it because they're not there or because no one with the viewer has found them?"), I honestly have no idea or way of proving it either way unless someone at ZOS speaks up or someone presents unarguable proof (we're talking screenshots of map locations and such, in addition to a picture of the book text itself).

I'll continue checking, at least until I've checked enough books to hit a more decent sample size or I get bored. For now, though, it honestly feels like @TrofoHawk 's "friend" is having a massive laugh at the lorehunters' expense.

Also, still not really sure about your coordinate puzzle. I haven't been able to find a coordinate beyond 1.00 unless I intentionally go beyond the zone covered by that map and still check the confines of it (for instance, going near Haven and clicking on the Elden Root portion of the map).
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Per the patch notes, Kud-Nakal and Enzamir’s Note are fixed with Update 25. I’ll try to verify that as soon as I can.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Per the patch notes, Kud-Nakal and Enzamir’s Note are fixed with Update 25. I’ll try to verify that as soon as I can.

Yeah I saw that. Nice!
    No Dead-water riddle fragment though :(
  • SteinAsle
    SteinAsle
    Anyone know the location of " A World Of Corpses" Some posts says Senchal Palace - but I'm not able to find it - been looking in there for hrs :'(
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SteinAsle wrote: »
    Anyone know the location of " A World Of Corpses" Some posts says Senchal Palace - but I'm not able to find it - been looking in there for hrs :'(

Sounds to me like the title of a necromancer skill book (the ones that give +1 to necro skill lines IIRC). In which case you should check Southern Elsweyrian bookshelves.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    1.Tell me please ZOS knows about bagged "A Plea for the Elder Scrolls" in Scroll Temple of Mnem (Domimion)? Its stuck in postament. Some times ago i try get it by my main char for pact. At this week i tray get it by Dominion char and cant. Try from many positions.
    2.If i understand right no one dont know where Tome of the Undaunted?
    Edited by This_0ne on January 25, 2020 6:22AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »
    1.Tell me please ZOS knows about bagged "A Plea for the Elder Scrolls" in Scroll Temple of Mnem (Domimion)? Its stuck in postament. Some times ago i try get it by my main char for pact. At this week i tray get it by Dominion char and cant. Try from many positions.
    2.If i understand right no one dont know where Tome of the Undaunted?

1. You have to run out of draw distance and come back when the book gets stuck in the pedestal. It usually fixes itself the first time, but if not, keep trying.

2. Correct, as far as I’m aware. Certainly it’s not in a reliable location or pool.
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played through AD questline long ago, and when I did it, I forgot to take several notes from Abamath, Malabal Tor. I also forgot to take sidequest there. But after I left, there is no way to go back inside. Maybe someone knows, where I could get "The Lost Warrior" "The Thief Luck" "The Ebon Mage" notes? Also, I use "Lorebooks" addon, is there a possibility that it stops working after I redownload eso after next update? I try to collect all books, and as several of them are still bugged, I worry, that I may forget, or not find them in time, while questing, like I did with Abamath(
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    @virtus753 : Thanks for the shoutout about the Reliquary of the Stars! There are a lot of bookcases there to check (nearly more than I was finding in Ne Salas, Wormroot Depths, and the Elden Root Mage's Guild combined, in fact). I've been searching there and in the Mage's Guild, along with a run through Wayrest and Mournhold (chiefly the mage's guild, the couple bookshelves in the room with the bank, and a quick round of the Tribunal Temple). All told, I probably tagged close to 100 books between two runs yesterday with no joy. Granted, as we should probably know from frustrating runs through the Imperial City, that's often not enough to find a book in the pool.

Everything I've seen in book runs suggests that the bookshelf pools either don't or can't distinguish between bookshelves in the cities and bookshelves in other parts of the zone. Yes, there's a different, more zoomed-in map for them, but the bookshelves don't care about that, any more than they care about if the bookshelf is found in a delve or not. For that matter, unless the bookshelf is specifically coded to only give one book (in which case the bookshelf typically has that book's name on interact, as it does with the books in the top floor of the menagerie area in Summerset or one of the quest books in the Dragonhold prologue that you can find in the bookshelf above the stable), the pool isn't static, so you might not even be able to find that book if you found the same exact bookcase being referenced. Regarding the other question ("Is it because they're not there or because no one with the viewer has found them?"), I honestly have no idea or way of proving it either way unless someone at ZOS speaks up or someone presents unarguable proof (we're talking screenshots of map locations and such, in addition to a picture of the book text itself).

I'll continue checking, at least until I've checked enough books to hit a more decent sample size or I get bored. For now, though, it honestly feels like @TrofoHawk 's "friend" is having a massive laugh at the lorehunters' expense.

Also, still not really sure about your coordinate puzzle. I haven't been able to find a coordinate beyond 1.00 unless I intentionally go beyond the zone covered by that map and still check the confines of it (for instance, going near Haven and clicking on the Elden Root portion of the map).

Yeah I've been trying to ask several times about the bookshelf and where in that zone... the person in question is only 3 books away from 100% completion and I've located the remaining 3, but honestly...if the Undaunted Tome info was a hoax just to mess with me, she can bloody well find them herself 😅

Me, I'm still logging in daily to look for the one in Imp City bookshelves: Introduction into Aedric Studies... been doing so for a couple months now, in 2 different campaigns...every day... still nothing...
    Edited by TrofoHawk on February 4, 2020 11:08AM
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I know I've asked about this before, but this really is driving me nuts...
    Introduction into Aedric Studies, was told it was in Imp City bookshelves. I have now been into Imperial City, both CP and non-CP for 90+ days, not lost a single day.
    Grabbing 54 bookshelves in total... I've searched a total of 4900 bookshelves, and not once have I come across the lorebook...

This is the last lorebook for me (the other 3 are not available for me, after quests. and Tome of the Undaunted).
    Currently at 4508/4513

Please help.
  • Aulmaeion
    Aulmaeion
    Soul Shriven
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    Also right after I arrive to Murkmire, there is no Black marsh awaits! pamphlet on a box by the boat.. is this Lore also found somewhere else? Thanks.

I had an issue here too. Its definitely there, but it seems bugged where it doesn't load in the instance your in. I used a wayshrine to travel out and then travelled back to Lilmoth and ran over to where it should have been on the crate and it was there at that point.

Taken from the Eidetic Memory/Bugs/Comments/Help-Thread No. 1 (page 54).

My problem's the following:

I already accepted the quest "Sunken Treasure" from Famia Mercius. Then I decided to obtain the book "Black Marsh awaits!", but it's not showing up. I have already tried to travel out of and back to Lilmoth, but it didn't solve the problem. Would "Black Marsh awaits!" have been another quest starter for "Sunken treasure" and/or is there any other way to obtain this note?

I'm looking forward to your responses! Thank you :)
    Edited by Aulmaeion on February 4, 2020 9:57PM
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aulmaeion wrote: »
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    Also right after I arrive to Murkmire, there is no Black marsh awaits! pamphlet on a box by the boat.. is this Lore also found somewhere else? Thanks.

I had an issue here too. Its definitely there, but it seems bugged where it doesn't load in the instance your in. I used a wayshrine to travel out and then travelled back to Lilmoth and ran over to where it should have been on the crate and it was there at that point.

Taken from the Eidetic Memory/Bugs/Comments/Help-Thread No. 1 (page 54).

My problem's the following:

I already accepted the quest "Sunken Treasure" from Famia Mercius. Then I decided to obtain the book "Black Marsh awaits!", but it's not showing up. I have already tried to travel out of and back to Lilmoth, but it didn't solve the problem. Would "Black Marsh awaits!" have been another quest starter for "Sunken treasure" and/or is there any other way to obtain this note?

I'm looking forward to your responses! Thank you :)

This is 100% in murkimire bookshelves. Somewhere someone posted a very good route to take. I'll try to find it at some point today for you.