The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Faction lock is coming.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Actually I heard that they'll be introducing a new campaign with faction lock and that they wanted everything to stay the same for the most part. Maybe the new IC campaign will be?

That is my understanding as well, and how it should be. It seems Zos sees there are some that want faction lock as well as there are no real issues from now having faction lock. So this appeases those that want it without punishing the masses.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Actually I heard that they'll be introducing a new campaign with faction lock and that they wanted everything to stay the same for the most part. Maybe the new IC campaign will be?

That is my understanding as well, and how it should be. It seems Zos sees there are some that want faction lock as well as there are no real issues from now having faction lock. So this appeases those that want it without punishing the masses.

We shall see. Off topic, but will be nice for IC hopefully and make it more lively again. Hope IC would get some updated sets & rewards soon too.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

We shall see. Off topic, but will be nice for IC hopefully and make it more lively again. Hope IC would get some updated sets & rewards soon too.

We shall see what? It seems pretty clear Zos plans to make the faction lock apply to new campaigns only. Further, the lack of faction lock is not the reason IC is empty and adding new sets to IC is a temporary bandaid, not a fix.

If Zos cannot make IC so it draws the crowds then they should not waste sets on it. It would be a total waste of energy.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was the impression I got from ZOS, although granted this was never stated outright that I recall so others could be correct in their assessments.
    I just assumed from the information I got they would add a new campaign and lock it like the old ones were. Sure the old bypass might work but it's more effort and hopefully will keep people focused on one faction.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We shall see what? It seems pretty clear Zos plans to make the faction lock apply to new campaigns only. Further, the lack of faction lock is not the reason IC is empty and adding new sets to IC is a temporary bandaid, not a fix.

If Zos cannot make IC so it draws the crowds then they should not waste sets on it. It would be a total waste of energy.

We shall see the changes in detail when it hits Live, not really trusting any news and info on these until atleast like last week of test server.

Also i did not mean faction lock has nothing to do with empty IC, what i meant was ONE IC instead of many IC on several campaigns is better since it will push all the peeps on same place and thus more action. While yeah, farmers not gonna be happy since more risk of death again.

But anyways, just hoping new rewards and stuff to IC.. i mean, people do grind battlegrounds for the styles (even complain about it, but yeah they do) so it gets more pop, some new rewards for IC would get some more peeps to there too. People got this crazy idea of wanting to be rewarded these days haha.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We shall see the changes in detail when it hits Live, not really trusting any news and info on these until atleast like last week of test server.

Also i did not mean faction lock has nothing to do with empty IC, what i meant was ONE IC instead of many IC on several campaigns is better since it will push all the peeps on same place and thus more action. While yeah, farmers not gonna be happy since more risk of death again.

But anyways, just hoping new rewards and stuff to IC.. i mean, people do grind battlegrounds for the styles (even complain about it, but yeah they do) so it gets more pop, some new rewards for IC would get some more peeps to there too. People got this crazy idea of wanting to be rewarded these days haha.

Well, we will see when it hits the PTS what they really eman.

As for IC, it is nothing more than another DLC zone. No DLC has had sets added to them after they were launched, to my knowledge. As such IC should not either. There are already enough sets added to the game every quarter. We really do not need more. There are other things Zos could add as they already have.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    I know this is something that is intended to appease a segment of the games population that typically lacks a high level understanding of PVP

Wrong.

I know some say as an excuse to alliance hopping the thing when map goes more to one color, so then you switch to the other for fast action pvp (farming noobs at resource tower).. but hey, there are battlegrounds for fast action pvp anytime anyday.

But oh wait, there are no resource towers to farm noobs and you get other high mmr enemies against you where you also getting rekt like everyone else.. so better come to forum and cry about not being able to "play with friends" aka tower farm solos with your small scale nb team.

I mean, i get action all the time 24/7 without hopping between alliances, if quiet at own alliance, then doing battlegrounds. And got other campaigns if wanna play other alliance, so simple solution lol.

And the map being one color, when i login to enemy colored map, i start to slowly help taking own keeps back, it gives a fast feeling of progression each day, like a true war with moving frontlines. Hopping between alliances gives nothing other than the feeling of warring against yourself, if you first take a keep, then login to other alliance and then go attack same keep you just took - pointlessness for this game mode.

If just wants fast action pvp, there is battlegrounds for that as said.

So.. with all that in mind.. what exactly is this "high level understanding of PVP" you are talking about? I guess it is the people who are running scrolls to the water and spamming zone chats full of toxic garbage.

You know you're so full of sh*t. Guilds such as mine that runs in max group of 5 people actually help campaigns depending what's happening in cyro. If we decide we go EP one day and see that EP has vast majority of keeps and is serving down outnumbered DC&AD, we swap to either of those depending which we feel like needs help the most and fight them. Because we're not trash. Because our group of 5 people can take on larger group full of D tier zerglings. Because that way the groups like mine can help the other alliances. Because we don't give a fu*k about AP but enjoy taking on challenges to fight outnumbered 5vsZerg. But yeah enjoy your faction lock, hopefully all guilds will just play their original alliance and cause one to be always superior to the rest. Because ignorant zerglings like you seem think it's unfair to swap alliance. But yea thank you for making it completely unrewarding, good job

P.S.
    "The trolls that jump with scroll to water" don't care about AP gain so it won't stop, effectively you just stopped players that like to help outnumbered alliances

You seem triggered. :p

You can do all the same things still then even with a lock little buddy.

And i do same thing already, without having to change alliance. But i guess we play different game. ;)

EDIT: Just to add, i play SOLO & SMALL SCALE myself on PC EU Sotha Sil, on alliance with lowest pop, fighting against zergs as you say.. been doing solo pvp for years. So please, no need to talk to me like i was some zergling. Most my friends who do alliance hopping, all admit they do it for AP farming and for luls (like ballgroup farming people, be that in small or big ball). Admitting it is hard for some though i know. Your reaction tells enough so no need to explain more. :)

Your friends are most likely trash 1vX material than because vast majority for good players is there to have fun fights and not farm AP. Yes I'm triggered because of so many apes supporting faction lock. I know we will still be able to do it, but why are we punished for it, why shouldn't people just Zerg in 1 alliance and be rewarded more for it. And interesting how you help losing alliance if you stay on the outnumbering one. Like you know, you're not helping outnumbered group if you don't swap to the outnumbered one but stay in current lmoa af. And you sound like a zergling so that's what you get

Your reply tells everything again.

"Your friends are most likely trash" oh please. We would farm you with our eyes closed and chat about snipe nerf while doing it. Then we would do take turns on doing dance emotes while 1 of us takes you all out and others dance and watch and eat a snack.

Then you would blame that 1 person of zerging you all down. It would be a regular day at ESO. Then you would go back to tower farming, i mean helping random alliances since they need help.. no one asked for it though. But you are such nice people who spend their whole game time far.. i mean helping for fun.

Have a good day though! :)

I'm down for 1v1 anytime, but yeah whatever makes you feel better, cause doesn't seem like you understand the point. Crying about faction hopping and talking about fighting outnumbered but talking that my point is helping players

Gonna explain this once instead of just triggering you more. It is not YOUR, or for me, or for any guild to act as some weird alliance police that hops between alliance around the clock. It is a war, where people can recruit new people to the war, to their guilds and so on to balance the pops. The balance happens a lot anyways by having pug leaders and guild leaders who give good instructions to new people who then stay there and play for the campaign, and when same happens on all, it is rather balanced, like primetime CAN be (one side if taken all scrolls will be pushed to gates though, but balances after that usually) since see that often.

Off hours are off hours, and should be treated as such, no need for alliance police swapping from one alliance to other. Let people learn to walk on their own. You think the outnumbered alliances new players learn to do anything if you do it for them? Honest question. Let them fight against bigger numbers so they learn and get stronger, like you want to be. Or you do not want them to get that experience?

What i do when my alliance is momentarily the strongest? I go do battlegrounds. So simple. Or play other campaign if wanna play other color/with friends. How hard is that? You do not need to be a police in a single campaign. Unless you are there to just flip things back and forth.. there is a term for that action.
  • Swiftfox_Bouncyface
    I know this is something that is intended to appease a segment of the games population that typically lacks a high level understanding of PVP

Wrong.

I know some say as an excuse to alliance hopping the thing when map goes more to one color, so then you switch to the other for fast action pvp (farming noobs at resource tower).. but hey, there are battlegrounds for fast action pvp anytime anyday.

But oh wait, there are no resource towers to farm noobs and you get other high mmr enemies against you where you also getting rekt like everyone else.. so better come to forum and cry about not being able to "play with friends" aka tower farm solos with your small scale nb team.

I mean, i get action all the time 24/7 without hopping between alliances, if quiet at own alliance, then doing battlegrounds. And got other campaigns if wanna play other alliance, so simple solution lol.

And the map being one color, when i login to enemy colored map, i start to slowly help taking own keeps back, it gives a fast feeling of progression each day, like a true war with moving frontlines. Hopping between alliances gives nothing other than the feeling of warring against yourself, if you first take a keep, then login to other alliance and then go attack same keep you just took - pointlessness for this game mode.

So.. with all that in mind.. what exactly is this "high level understanding of PVP" you are talking about? I guess it is the people who are running scrolls to the water and spamming zone chats full of toxic garbage.

You know you're so full of sh*t. Guilds such as mine that runs in max group of 5 people actually help campaigns depending what's happening in cyro. If we decide we go EP one day and see that EP has vast majority of keeps and is serving down outnumbered DC&AD, we swap to either of those depending which we feel like needs help the most and fight them. Because we're not trash. Because our group of 5 people can take on larger group full of D tier zerglings. Because that way the groups like mine can help the other alliances. Because we don't give a fu*k about AP but enjoy taking on challenges to fight outnumbered 5vsZerg. But yeah enjoy your faction lock, hopefully all guilds will just play their original alliance and cause one to be always superior to the rest. Because ignorant zerglings like you seem think it's unfair to swap alliance. But yea thank you for making it completely unrewarding, good job

P.S.
    "The trolls that jump with scroll to water" don't care about AP gain so it won't stop, effectively you just stopped players that like to help outnumbered alliances

And i do same thing already, without having to change alliance. But i guess we play different game. ;)

EDIT: Just to add, i play SOLO & SMALL SCALE myself on PC EU Sotha Sil, on alliance with lowest pop, fighting against zergs as you say.. been doing solo pvp for years. So please, no need to talk to me like i was some zergling. Most my friends who do alliance hopping, all admit they do it for AP farming and for luls (like ballgroup farming people, be that in small or big ball). Admitting it is hard for some though i know. Your reaction tells enough so no need to explain more. :)

Your friends are most likely trash 1vX material than because vast majority for good players is there to have fun fights and not farm AP. Yes I'm triggered because of so many apes supporting faction lock. I know we will still be able to do it, but why are we punished for it, why shouldn't people just Zerg in 1 alliance and be rewarded more for it. And interesting how you help losing alliance if you stay on the outnumbering one. Like you know, you're not helping outnumbered group if you don't swap to the outnumbered one but stay in current lmoa af. And you sound like a zergling so that's what you get

"Your friends are most likely trash" oh please. We would farm you with our eyes closed and chat about snipe nerf while doing it. Then we would do take turns on doing dance emotes while 1 of us takes you all out and others dance and watch and eat a snack.

Then you would blame that 1 person of zerging you all down. It would be a regular day at ESO. Then you would go back to tower farming, i mean helping random alliances since they need help.. no one asked for it though. But you are such nice people who spend their whole game time far.. i mean helping for fun.

I'm down for 1v1 anytime, but yeah whatever makes you feel better, cause doesn't seem like you understand the point. Crying about faction hopping and talking about fighting outnumbered but talking that my point is helping players

Gonna explain this once instead of just triggering you more. It is not YOUR, or for me, or for any guild to act as some weird alliance police that hops between alliance around the clock. It is a war, where people can recruit new people to the war, to their guilds and so on to balance the pops. The balance happens a lot anyways by having pug leaders and guild leaders who give good instructions to new people who then stay there and play for the campaign, and when same happens on all, it is rather balanced, like primetime CAN be (one side if taken all scrolls will be pushed to gates though, but balances after that usually) since see that often.

Off hours are off hours, and should be treated as such, no need for alliance police swapping from one alliance to other. Let people learn to walk on their own. You think the outnumbered alliances new players learn to do anything if you do it for them? Honest question. Let them fight against bigger numbers so they learn and get stronger, like you want to be. Or you do not want them to get that experience?

What i do when my alliance is momentarily the strongest? I go do battlegrounds. So simple. Or play other campaign if wanna play other color/with friends. How hard is that? You do not need to be a police in a single campaign. Unless you are there to just flip things back and forth.. there is a term for that action.

Sure, it's a fair way to do it, but what's wrong with instead swapping campaign (which you will get punished for) swapping alliance. What is actually wrong with that? Yes BGs work as well as going to places like shor but why do we need to refrain from being able to change alliance? Does it hurt people who change alliance to troll with scroll? No, they don't get benefits from it regardless so faction lock won't change anything really in that regard

To answer your question - no, I don't think new players will learn anything unless they do their research about how game actually works, how to be effective and actually learn to be good. Neither will help them being zerged down, I reckon so at least
    Pronoun: They

Titles:
    Former Saltminer
    A kawaii furry (^w^)
    Leader of Furry Squad PvP Guild

Characters
    Swiftfox Bouncyface
    A random furry
    I Fur You
    owo
    i have anxiety
    i love children

Hewwo my fursona is Swiftfox Bouncyface I'm 37 years old and I love furries OwO, i'm also a little bit shy but I'll have you know that's because i was *** at furcon >/ / /<

• Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, it's a fair way to do it, but what's wrong with instead swapping campaign (which you will get punished for) swapping alliance. What is actually wrong with that? Yes BGs work as well as going to places like shor but why do we need to refrain from being able to change alliance? Does it hurt people who change alliance to troll with scroll? No, they don't get benefits from it regardless so faction lock won't change anything really in that regard

To answer your question - no, I don't think new players will learn anything unless they do their research about how game actually works, how to be effective and actually learn to be good. Neither will help them being zerged down, I reckon so at least

Funny thing is, i learned the best way years ago first getting beaten by zergs.. then testing builds, studying mechanics, learning to LoS, using burst combos and ultimates to max efficiency by doing a solo play and challenging myself with weird ways like doing troll attacks on keeps just to get several enemies on me alone to practise. Since duels in this game not mean much and not teach much, most between good players end in stalemate anyways, unless strict limitations on gear and items(especially in cp campaigns) so had to do so and L2P as they say. Always been annoyed by alliance hopping, in a "they took our jobs!!" kind of way, i wanna kill enemies myself, and i wanna kill you the one now at my alliance, go back to yours so we can fight! -sort of ideology. :D

Also, it is a minor collateral damage for the benefit of less trolling and griefing. And so when people who like to switch would still have a campaign (Shor) where they could play all sides of the sandbox, no one lost anything. But those who play for campaign, have alliance pride, or even zergling rp people too heh (let them zerg each others, they love it), all who hate trolling.. all would enjoy the new situation.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a sense of loyalty to my alliance, so no problem this end. Do what you must.
  • Swiftfox_Bouncyface

Funny thing is, i learned the best way years ago first getting beaten by zergs.. then testing builds, studying mechanics, learning to LoS, using burst combos and ultimates to max efficiency by doing a solo play and challenging myself with weird ways like doing troll attacks on keeps just to get several enemies on me alone to practise. Since duels in this game not mean much and not teach much, most between good players end in stalemate anyways, unless strict limitations on gear and items(especially in cp campaigns) so had to do so and L2P as they say. Always been annoyed by alliance hopping, in a "they took our jobs!!" kind of way, i wanna kill enemies myself, and i wanna kill you the one now at my alliance, go back to yours so we can fight! -sort of ideology. :D

Also, it is a minor collateral damage for the benefit of less trolling and griefing. And so when people who like to switch would still have a campaign (Shor) where they could play all sides of the sandbox, no one lost anything. But those who play for campaign, have alliance pride, or even zergling rp people too heh (let them zerg each others, they love it), all who hate trolling.. all would enjoy the new situation.

Actually we lose the transmutes gain since you can't assign all characters to 30 days campaign - that is if you have characters scattered on all alliances and above level 50.

I understand the way you learned to play, for me it was diffrent but both ways are fine. Although looking how bad is majority of players it's safe to say that they're lazy in becoming good - same in pve aspect, "how to do 50k dps without light attacking???"
    And griefing is as doable as it was, it's still the same. Even if you somewhat care about AP gain, you won't troll to farm it. So again, only thing it does is reducing transmutes for people that have characters on all factions above 50 and doesn't benefit people that swap alliance/campaign which can be used in both good and bad way, but usually if someone does it in the bad way, he's not worth the time to fight
    Pronoun: They

Titles:
    Former Saltminer
    A kawaii furry (^w^)
    Leader of Furry Squad PvP Guild

Characters
    Swiftfox Bouncyface
    A random furry
    I Fur You
    owo
    i have anxiety
    i love children

Hewwo my fursona is Swiftfox Bouncyface I'm 37 years old and I love furries OwO, i'm also a little bit shy but I'll have you know that's because i was *** at furcon >/ / /<

• Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually we lose the transmutes gain since you can't assign all characters to 30 days campaign - that is if you have characters scattered on all alliances and above level 50.

I understand the way you learned to play, for me it was diffrent but both ways are fine. Although looking how bad is majority of players it's safe to say that they're lazy in becoming good - same in pve aspect, "how to do 50k dps without light attacking???"
    And griefing is as doable as it was, it's still the same. Even if you somewhat care about AP gain, you won't troll to farm it. So again, only thing it does is reducing transmutes for people that have characters on all factions above 50 and doesn't benefit people that swap alliance/campaign which can be used in both good and bad way, but usually if someone does it in the bad way, he's not worth the time to fight

You know, lets just wait and see how things gonna happen.. it is ZOS, so there is a possibility to always for both of us to be unhappy with several other changes to Cyrodiil and IC and whole PVP here. :sweat_smile:

I think there will be a way and still we all will be playing pvp no matter what happens. About Transmute Crystals.. well yeah, i sure do like the end of campaign reward crystals myself too, but been getting hundreds every month without alliance hopping, playing all the campaigns and doing bgs also give the RoTW boxes so got always chance to get those with some luck too. Yeah, always need more to new builds though. Expecting to get something like 400 again when next time campaigns end and got rewards coming for 2 different alliances characters, from different campaigns though.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some comments that were disruptive to the discussion. Please keep your comments civil and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭
    Fighting Zerg/Hordes in Cyrodiil is the ultimate challenge in this enitre game. Nothing compares, nothing will hit you harder and if you can sustain a Zerg in Cyrodiil you can do so much more in all the other content.

Alliance lockdown is great, needs to happen. For one, its a war simulation. Let's treat it as such, like in sport we have teams and sides. Whether you are TRUE BLUE, BRED RED or FELLOW YELLOW, pick a side fight for it. If not go BG's.

A hardline needs to occur, ZOS needs to really control the aspect of the Alliance War and redeem it from what it is. Just a larger version of BG.
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    Just been on vivec eu and surprise surprise
    Ep, who are ad mains as I recognise their names, are constantly trying to siege dc home keeps. Factions all full and ep nowhere near dc homekeeps. Sooner the better this happens
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ]
    Elong wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I'm 100% up for faction lock, but the way its being done is odd, surely Kyne, Sotha, Shor would make sense and leave the herds who don't care about factions in Vivec.

Odd to promote hopping in a 7 day were Its rife anyway!

Regardless I'm happy

What they are doing is not a faction lock. Why can't you read?

The source i read made it sound like it was. "Alliance Change and Separating Alliances
    Discussing the new faction locked campaigns with Rob.."

Why so aggressive? Sensitive topic i know, for all the doubters that said steps like this wouldn't happen...

Regardless I'm happy if it stops AP boosters messing with scores which it sounds like it will. ANY change is better than it is now.

Belittle it all you may. It's a step in the right direction for those of us fussed about such things.
    Edited by Beardimus on March 29, 2019 8:14PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    You guy understand people who play different factions can still play on any campaign right? Just don't get the transmute gems.
    People are still going to troll you. I hope they do.

Encouraging trolling? Wow.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wrong.

All of my characters are on the same faction, and I can still see that the faction lock sentiment is out of touch with reality.

After playing this game for a very long time it has become extremely clear to me that on all size levels this game is not competitive. This is even more obvious on the scale of a campaign. Players like yourself seem to think that limiting players options will serve as a silver bullet toward making campaigns competitive, but those of us who have paid attention know locks will not solve a thing.

This lack of competition leads most cognizant players being left with two potential reasons to play. The first simply being to play with the friends they have made with in the game, and the second being to get enjoyment out of the core of PVP. This being the revolutionary concept of fighting other players. Having observed the behavior of many players in this game, this seems to be a foreign concept to most players. Your comment on "farming" makes it clear to me that you lack a full understanding of this.

Within the goal of PVP many players eventually realize that "winning" by outnumbering their opponent holds little to no meaning, and try to pursue better and more challenging fights. To this end some of the hardcore PVP community have tried to find better fights by playing on different factions.

ESO's PVP has an ever shrinking player base, and trying to further segment it is a horrible idea. On the PC NA server this was something that was shown early on in this game. The PVP player base experienced a mass exodus from the early performance issues, and the factions were left with horrible population balance for a long time. The barrier for the PVP population to balance itself was relatively high compared to now. Leveling new characters took much longer, and getting large amounts of players to do it was rare.

DC was left in the worst state from this, and to this day many of the NA DC players from that time period hold a victim mentality. The being said AD was still much worse off than EP at the time. The easiest way to illustrate this population disparity is to look at the amount of GO's on the PC NA server by the time of the TG patch. By TG the overall population was significantly more balanced, but this highlights how the endgame PVP community was divided during the 1.5-1.6 time period. Between DC and AD there were around 4-5 GOs, but EP had more around 20+.

Population disparity was never fully solved, but it was healed as the barrier to leveling new characters was lowered. Trying to place more barriers against having good PVP is a step backwards. Thankfully, as it sounds the change will not stop players from PVPing, but the sentiment many players are pursing would hurt PVP.
    - Mojican
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does this mean one emperor per account per canpaign?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    What does this mean one emperor per account per canpaign?

You can only be emperor once during a single campaign. If the number one AP holder was already an emperor, then nu her two gets crowned. When the campaign ends, you can be emperor for the new one if you have the lead AP.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great news!!! Win-Win solution I'd say.

The change makes Shor the Free-For-All (FFA) campaign. Having a variety of campaign types will enable people to play where they feel most comfortable and with like-minded players. Importantly, Kyne being locked will hopefully be more welcoming to those new/returning PvP players that will be coming with Elsweyr and midyear mayhem.

Someone linked the preview vid below about the Cyro changes in this thread.

"thanks @Shimmer for the Elsweyr Cyrodiil Update News!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQZ7pOqxAnI

Edited by Enkil on March 30, 2019 5:58AM
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭

Wrong.

P.S.

Alliance locks are bad and I'm glad this isn't one. Keen to continue playing what ever alliance i want each day depending where the best fights are, at the expense of loosing my campain rewards and leaderboard place....ohhh nuuu.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer it to be even stricter, but it's a good start.

Once a campaign has started, a single player has no business joining it with more than one faction.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »

Once a campaign has started, a single player has no business joining it with more than one faction.

Um no. Some of us are OC/JP and there is only one server buzzing at that time.

I'll take the lack of stones and reward tier mails to 'encourage loyalty' in silence but not a full lock. Some of us don't like being trapped on a faction taking everything tyvm.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO LOCK OR GO CRY !
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can I please change my alliances now? I didn’t have any race, any alliance before so they’re all spread out.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »

And this is one persons opinion, and nothing more.

Myself, my opinion is that the lack of faction locks have been good for most players offering us choice without any significant downside.

I think it is great it appears Zos will make one or two campaigns with faction lock for those that want it and will leave alone the major campaigns so those who are not interested in faction lock can remain. Especially since there has only been one very active campaign for a long time. We used to have two. I also think it is great they considering ideas to promote faction loyalty without forcing it upon the mases that are not interested.
    Edited by idk on March 30, 2019 5:46AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Can I please change my alliances now? I didn’t have any race, any alliance before so they’re all spread out.

Zos has made it Crystal clear there will not be alliance change. They have stated they are not interested in it at this time just a few months ago.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is already here in a sense. I seem blacklisted from DC open groups I assume because I play AD on weekdays. I have DC toons with group oriented set-ups but I have to fight guessing where people are going to go when I play DC on weekends. When I play AD completely different. And I always played DC. Lousy people imo with lousy rationale. It's an mmo thing but usually it is only a raiding guild type of thing. Metastasizing to general pvp I haven't seen before.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭

Alliance locks are bad and I'm glad this isn't one. Keen to continue playing what ever alliance i want each day depending where the best fights are, at the expense of loosing my campaign rewards and leaderboard place....ohhh nuuu.

Exactly - it is not a faction lock. Thanks for spelling this out.

We can still log on to any side in any campaign depending on where the good fights are, and whom we would like to fight. And players who prefer to stay with one alliance can do what they enjoy :)

PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride